• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 727 Views, 7 Comments

The Search - newHelm



With Rarity trapped in Tartarus, Spike goes to save her, but can he do it before Shadowfang arises once again to destroy all he loves.

  • ...
2
 7
 727

Hero

Spike sat tapping his fingers on his arm. Arms crossed, sitting next to Shining Armor, watching Big Macintosh and Fancy Pants fight. He was aggravated. "I hate sitting around not doing anything. I feel useless."

Shining Armor rolled his neck, popping it. "Not me, I'm glad for the rest. Plus I'm worried about you and this awakening stuff."

A growl escaped from Spike's sneer. "I'm fine, I got it under control."

“You called yourself Shadowfang.”

Spike lowered his head. “You heard that huh? It's close, we have to hurry and do this. Lock me up, kill me, it doesn't matter. Just as long as the bastard stays gone.”

“What if I told you there might be another way?”

Spike stared dumbfounded, hope entered him again.


Rarity pursed her lips as she tried to keep up with Twilight's magic questioning, quite unsuccessfully. Part of the problem was that her mind was on another issue. She hated to interrupt, but she did so to get her answer. “It seems we're missing one.”

Twilight looked at her curiously. “one what?”

“Living god. You said ten, Star Light, Eclipse, You Form, Discord, Luna, Celestia, Lilly, and the two Shadowfang killed in battle. That makes nine, so who was the tenth?”

Form nodded solemnly. “Yes, well, that is a story. The last of us was a dragon. When he realized just what Greytooth was up to, and his brutality, he went to the dragons during the war. He offered them a choice, he would help them and convince the gods to withdraw support. He suspected, before he changed, his brutality. Convincing Celestia and Luna, who quickly withdrew. He failed though and his people were quickly eradicated by Ragnarok.”

Twilight gasped. “That’s terrible!”

Form nodded. “Few things I’ve seen have been so terrible. To deny yourself life till you kill, it is a tragedy. Drango, the dragon living god, still sought an answer though. In his self exile and search was when we fought Shadowfang, and lost. Tell me, have you heard the legend of the Hero?”

Twilight scrunched her nose in thought but Rarity smiled almost dreamily. “You mean the Hero that will show in Equestria’s time of need? He appears with long flowing locks, wearing golden armor of the gods. A prince among ponies with his shining white coat. It was an old story my dad use to tell me as a foal. I would dream of him coming to get me and whisking me away to his castle and marrying on a beautiful Sunday morning in the summer. But what does an old pony tale have to do with this?”

Form coughed, choking, and smiled. “A wonderful insight into your psyche Lady Rarity, but not quite what happened or truthful, although I'm sure she would be flattered.”

Rarity raised an eyebrow. “She?”

“Though she did have a white coat and long flowing locks of dark green mane. Yet it was all matted and dirty from combat and rough living. Large Cumulus was her name, a pegasus few word and humble beginnings. She was a cloud farmer, back then it was a lot more tedious to get a simple rain cloud then it is today. She worked hard everyday of her life till she became the Hero. Yes though, she did became the Hero in the world's time of need. It was she who killed Shadowfang.”

Twilight and Rarity both jumped up and screamed out. “What!”

Form raised a hand. “Calm, I will tell you about it, but the Hero and Drango are connected.”


Discord rolled his eyes, all four pair. “It's just an old mare's tale. There is no Shield of Absolute. Trust me, I checked the rumors when they first appeared. The supposed maker was a crazy ex royal mage hobo. Who's crimes number,” He raised his bouquet of fingers and began to count before throwing his claw away. “An impressive amount. Makes me jealous actually.”

Spike covered his eyes and shook his head. “You got my hopes up over a bedtime story?” He opened his eyes and looked through his fingers at Shining Armor, disappointment and aggravation on his face.

Shining Armor just shook his head and rolled his eyes. “That just proves it more. The Shield is not an item, it's a spell. The only problem is that it takes multiple casters to use, taking a lot of magic to conjure. Hell, a modified version is what I used on Canterlot during the wedding. The hard part is the magic, it's meant to stop all magic from getting in and cancels all magic use inside it. It has to be in constant sync, if not it dispels easily. We put Sombra and Spike in it while Big Macintosh gets Rarity out.”

Spike shook his head and sighed. “That's cool and all, but how does this solve the problem, I already had a plan for all that. You made it sound like a game changer, like it could solve the whole Rising situation?”

Shining Armor gave a wicked grin to all of them. “It can get rid of a pony's magic, and not just unicorns either.” A collective gasp as he continued. “Like a magical surgery, if we find exactly where his magic ends and yours begins, we can trap it and suffocate it. We could remove it and stick it in a prison, or even trap it in an artifact. Same thing with Rarity too, be done with Nightmare forever.”

Fancy Pants, looking doubtful, chimed in. “Yes, but that all sounds risky. Not to mention that the two of us are not the best magicians, so something as high maintenance would be next to impossible for just us.”

Macintosh put a hoof on an exasperated Armor's shoulder. “I reckin he means ta put ol grumpy scales in a cage and bring the princesses back.”

Spike grinned and shrugged. “Why didn't you just say so?”

Shining Armor and Big Macintosh rolled their eyes and followed in the group.

Comments ( 3 )

No continuation possible aye? :*(

10528591
Yes, sorry. Had to work on my books

Will this continue? If not put it on canceled.

Login or register to comment