• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 322 Views, 0 Comments

Rick's mission on Equestria - Scorppio500



Rick, a robot, and a team of soldiers are sent to locate a recon team that went missing. What they find, no one ever expected.

  • ...
 0
 322

Eight, Location Location Location

We sat down in a large dining hall, beautifully decorated with gilded scarlet red curtains, brilliant chandeliers, expertly painted paintings, and a beautiful mahogany table, with chairs covered in soft red fabric. The chairs were a tiny bit too small for the men, who all averaged at around six and a half feet tall.

Spike was not happy to get out of bed, but glad to see the humans hadn’t killed his friends. He gladly made tea for fifteen, knowing full well, somehow, that I couldn’t drink any. His heart was in the right place though. What’d Sweetwater call it? Oath of inclusion? I think so.

The men seemed to greatly enjoy the tea. Once the chatter died down a little, I addressed the room. “I believe we have some questions.” I used a gentle, happy tone. I wanted to make sure I didn’t scare anyone, though I turned more serious. “We are only on this planet because a few of ours who came before us went missing, last seen heading toward the railroad. I think I speak for all of us here when I say I want to know where they are. Do you know where they are?”

Celestia looked as if she had nothing to say. With a look of worry on her face, she turned to Luna. Luna’s eyes brightened. “I know where they are as of two days ago, but sadly, they must not have slept last night. I could not see where they were. I wish to tell you exactly, but I cannot at this time. They must sleep before I am able to pick up their location.”

I spoke again. “This is valuable intel regardless. Where were they last you saw?

“They were in the tunnel spanning the Appeloosan badlands and Equestria’s grasslands.”

Twilight piped up. “How did they make it that far already?”

Daniel spoke up. “Free Tec recon teams are trained to stay awake for long periods of time, and they move at all times. They document everything they can see about an area. Every one of them has eye augmentations. Machine-Brain-Interfaces, or MBI’s, that allow them to see what each other is seeing on a closed network. Highly encrypted.

CO Marcus spoke, “That could be a way to track them, but we’d have to get within a kilometer to find their network signatures. But even if we did get to their network, we won’t have access to their visual feeds, unless we hack into their network.” Marcus cracks a smile. “I’ve got a plan. Rick, prepare your sensors.”

Author's Note:

I just beat Black Ops 3 right before I wrote this chapter. They've got DNI's, FreeTec's got MBI's. I'd give a full rundown of all of FreeTec's technology and private military system, but since it's not pony unless crossed with pony, it does not fit on this site alone.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment