• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 322 Views, 0 Comments

Rick's mission on Equestria - Scorppio500



Rick, a robot, and a team of soldiers are sent to locate a recon team that went missing. What they find, no one ever expected.

  • ...
 0
 322

Seven, Princesses and Royalty Induced Shock

We were going to meet the royalty of the land the very next day. The ponies had made themselves at home in our little camp. The CO and I forced ourselves to avoid shutting down for the night. CO had always been a night owl, but halfway through the night, he went to bed, realizing he should probably look his best for tomorrow.

I remained active. My power cells were still at around ninety percent when the sun began to rise. I checked the clock on my HUD. It was around an hour too early today, and it came up quickly. Noted as a possible anomaly.

It was around noon when the ponies finally came to. The men were washing their armor in the river, and our one augmented soldier was fervently cleaning his plating. When they were finished, we began the trek back to town.

The sun stayed fixed to the spot the entire walk back to Ponyville. I noticed that when we returned, there was the usual evening bustle, and a look of relief on all the ponies faces. I suppose no pony was shocked, however, at the fact that a group of humans and a robot were flanking them.

We were led to the castle from before. Up close it was even more beautiful than I had imagined. The sunlight from the midday (It was now approaching midnight) sun was striking the castle, and it made the castle sparkle beautifully as we neared it. I noticed the look on Twilight’s face fall a little, as if she knew if something was not right. But I suppose she was ignoring the midnight/afternoon sun.

As soon as the last man stepped through the great doors in the front of the castle, the doors closed gently on their own, enveloped in blue and gold auras. I noticed the light from the outside switched off, like a light, and moonlight began to show through.

Despite the lowness of the light outside and no apparent light sources inside the structure, the inside was lit brilliantly.

Two large winged unicorns stood in front of us. Once again, if my face could express more than it could, my jaw would’ve dropped to the floor, and my eyes would be wide open. All six men were white-faced in shock, and thankfully had closed mouths. I made sure to magnetically lock mine shut.

The winged unicorns had long flowing manes and tails that looked as if they were flowing in the nonexistent breeze. They had welcoming expressions on their faces. Looks of loving care. But they shifted to concern when they saw the looks on the faces of the men.

The dark blue one spoke. “You are afraid? Do not be afraid,” she said in a gentle tone. The look in the alabaster one’s amethyst eyes told me the dark blue one does not usually speak in this way. “We mean you no harm,” she continued. “You must have no end of questions. I believe it fitting to begin this encounter with introductions as if we are to be friends.” The alabaster one rolls her eyes a little.


The alabaster one began, “I’m sorry for the shock, dear humans. I think we should have presented ourselves a little more modestly. My name is Princess Celestia. This is my sister, Princess Luna.” Celestia turns her eyes to me. “You gave our people a tiny fright. I can see why. My sister sensed a great deal of goodness in you. In all of you for that matter.” Noticing the looks of shock were still on the faces of the men, Celestia said, “I believe I didn’t help the shock. Forgive me. Twilight? May you have some tea made for us?”

Author's Note:

Couldn't think of a better way to introduce them. So far so good?