• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 322 Views, 0 Comments

Rick's mission on Equestria - Scorppio500



Rick, a robot, and a team of soldiers are sent to locate a recon team that went missing. What they find, no one ever expected.

  • ...
 0
 322

Six, The others

The late afternoon was beautiful. The trees gently swayed in the wind, and the river gently lapped at it’s banks. Wildlife stirred from time to time. I began to ask about the other men. “Did any of you meet any humans before?”

The white one, Rarity spoke. “Oh yes. I saw them trotting along carrying those snipper rifles, like the one you have. They were wearing the most disgusting green I have ever seen.” She’s seen them.

I ignored Rarity’s mispronunciation. “Did any of the rest of you see them?”

The yellow one, Fluttershy spoke. “I-I did. They scared me. I was sleeping on my couch with Angel bunny. All of a sudden I hear something hit my window. I thought it must have been a bird. I hate seeing those poor little things hurt. I knew I had to help it. But to my surprise, I saw no bird. I saw a monster with a giant round, lifeless eye staring back. I ran and hid.”

Ah, they’ve got a T-011 camera drone. It must have misjudged where it was and made contact with the window. “You saw a drone, Fluttershy. It was no monster,” I said.

“Oh what a relief… what’s a drone?”

“I’ll tell you all about it later. Did any of you see the pod come down?”

The blue one, Rainbow Dash, spoke. “There were some meteors within the past few weeks. Meteor showers are common this time of year. There was only one large one that came down in the Everfree. I think that’s the one you’re referring to.”

“Then indeed it is, Rainbow.”

“Did any of you see which way the men and the drone went?”

Fluttershy spoke again. “When I hid, I could see my window from where I was. The drone moved toward the back of my house. I went to the back to see if it would do anything to my animals. It just stared at them making a clicking sound. After it was done, it flew away. Only then did I see a group of creatures laying in the tall grass on a hill. They crawled back behind top of the hill and went towards the railroad tracks.”

Rookies. They probably would’ve never been seen had they had more experience. Railroad noted. “That is valuable intel, Fluttershy. Thank you.”

The sun finally dipped below the horizon. A beautiful sunset took over the sky, and made brilliant red brush strokes out of the high clouds. The wind picked up again slightly. My touch sensors lit up gently to the wind’s gentle blowing. It gave me an idea to catalog the weather patterns.

I decided to lead them on a sort of a short cut. We reached the camp at around twilight hours. Aaand I just realized that the lavender one has the same name as the time of day… Not important. My CO is seemingly more excited than usual. Once the ponies saw the group of men sitting around a large camp fire, their expressions became, again, fearful.

“Welcome to our temporary Forward Camp,” I say, trying to make them feel comfortable. Their expressions calm… a little. I decide to introduce my human counterparts. “Ponies, these are the men of 3343rd marine division. That’s Daniel, Marcus, Amos, Sweetwater, Joses, and Archie.”

The ponies said ‘nice to meet you’ in their own way, and they mingled for awhile. The CO seemed ecstatic like a little girl.

I had some time to think to myself whilst the ponies were mingling. What I didn’t understand was why these creatures were all colors of the visible spectrum instead of more common colors? DNA testing may prove why they are this way. Some talk of someone called ‘Princess Celestial’, I think, called my attention.

“Excuse me, Twilight?” I began.

“Did you need me?”

“You said something that piqued my interest, ma’am. I would like to gather information.” I believed I had to gather as much intel about this place as possible. “This Princess Celestial… who is she?”

“Princess Celestia,” she corrected. “She is one of two co-rulers of our nation of Equestria!”

This was interesting. Not only was there a form of government here, it was a diarchy. Two rulers of equal power! I made redundant copies of this information.

“Hey, you don’t think Princess Celestia knows where our recon team is, does she?” I asked, half hoping that she’d say yes, half hoping that Twilight herself knew.

“I think Princess Celestia knows they’re here, but it’s Princess Luna that will be able to place them in space. She has the power to enter dreams.” My face isn’t very expressive. I am capable of few expressions. If my eyes could have gone wide, they would have. I made note of the name.

‘Princess Luna. Name derives from ‘lunar’, and lunar means moon. Celestia derives from Celestial, and if something is celestial, then it’s likely a star or… the sun. Dear Maker what does this mean?’ I was thinking very hard. Twilight waved a hoof in front of me, snapping me out of my reverie.

“You okay, Rick?”

“Yes. Yes. I am.”

Author's Note:

One of my better chapters. It should also be noted that Rick speaks very robotically, but his thoughts are of perfect human speech. Narrations are generally his thoughts, but his thoughts that are explicitly his thoughts outside of narration and Luna encounters are unaffected by current tense.