• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 322 Views, 0 Comments

Rick's mission on Equestria - Scorppio500



Rick, a robot, and a team of soldiers are sent to locate a recon team that went missing. What they find, no one ever expected.

  • ...
 0
 322

One, Finding the pod

Through my scope’s lenses I could see everything for about three kilometers. My gun can shoot further than that, but I don’t really care. I found some high ground with my back to a rock face. I and my spotter were loaded for bear in case anything jumped us.

My spotter’s name is Daniel Featherway. He’s a homeboy from Salt Lake City, Utah. He’s good on the scope. Master with the trick knife. He and I knew we weren’t really in any danger. We shot at some alien creatures that got the jump on our guys down below, but other than that, the only action we saw was some birds landing on my rifle barrel.

Our boys went beneath a thick set of trees. Before they did, I told them that I saw a trench, possibly ID’ing the potential crash site. I told Daniel to use the waypoint designator to tell the boys where it was. With coordinates received, it was not two more minutes until they found the pod. We were ordered to rendezvous at the mark we made.

This is where things get a little weird. We’re about to start talking about splitting up to cover as much of these woods as we can so we can find these missing reconnaissance men, when we hear a rustling in the bushes. Being the only robot in the squad, I am the only one equipped with infrared cameras. I scan the bushes and see a small figure, seemingly crouched, holding a rectangular shape in one of it’s forward appendages.

I called out to the creature, “Hey! I can see you! Drop any weapons you may have, and emerge slowly!” The creature vanished from my IR feed in a bright flash of light. “Dammit. It’s gone.” Squad leader changes his orders to setting up camp. Since we were now at the outskirts of the forest, trees thinning and the like, I decided to get two other guys and build us a fire pit.

After camp was set up, we assigned guard posts, and shift changes. The sun started to set over the horizon, and squad leader reported in what we had done.

Author's Note:

Good lord I had fun writing this chapter. Not a fun read right now, I know. Still indev.