• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 449 Views, 1 Comments

Thunderstorm's Marble - Silver Topaz



After being visited by Cadance. Thunderstorm is shown who his true love is. But it comes at a price.

  • ...
4
 1
 449

Giving up?

Canterlot was usually a bright, sunny and peaceful place and today was no exception. The sun was shining bright the birds were singing and people were going about their business. Whether it was actually going to work or just hanging out with some friends.

Thunderstorm was standing in front of the entrance of the Canterlot park. A lot of people came here, mostly to relax. The air here always felt fresh, and just sitting in a bench and thinking was great here. There were also playgrounds for the kids to play, which made it a great place for kids and parents. Also there was a pond where you could watch ducks and on rare occasions swans.

But Thunderstorm wasn't here to do any of those things. Although sitting on a bench sounded really nice. To be honest Thunderstorm didn't even know why he was there. He got a call from Pinkie Pie telling him to get over here and that was that. He groaned thinking about this morning.


Thunderstorm turned in his bed. He was sleeping peacefully and he was enjoying every second of it. His room was somewhat dark, since the curtains were close, meaning that the sunlight could barely get in. A closer look at his room, could tell anyone that Thunderstorm really liked videogames and anime.

His room had posters of different anime series and video game characters. Mostly Pokemon as it was Thunderstorm's favorite games. He had a bookshelf in a corner of his room. However it didn't have any actual books. It was filled with video games from different consoles. Next to it was another bookshelf, this one was filled with different anime manga along with some collectibles like figurines and other stuff like that. Next to his bed was a desk and on that desk there was a computer. Which he mostly use to watch YouTube videos.

Thunderstorm was interrupted from his peaceful sleep when his phone started ringing. He tried to ignore it and keep on sleeping, but it just wouldn't stop. Thunderstorm gave up and let out an annoyed groan, he picked his cell phone up and answered it. It was Pinkie Pie, she wanted him to meet her at the park, she didn't say why, but she sounded very excited. Which for Pinkie Pie it's always. Thunderstorm tried to argue, but he knew he wasn't going to win.

He eventually gave up and agreed to go. He put his phone on the night stand next to his bed and sighed. He then felt an arm wrapped around him. He looked next to him just to see Cadance sleeping peacefully.

"Who called?" Cadance sounded very tired. Something normal for people who had just woken up after a long sleep.

Thunderstorm immediately got up from his bed and stared at her. "What did I tell you about this?"

"You said not in the shower, were not in the shower." Cadance said smiling at him.

"It was Pinkie Pie," He said answering her previous question.

"What does she want?" Cadance said while stretching.

"She wants me to meet her at the park, I don't know why, but it's Pinkie Pie I learned not to question her."

"Don't go I really enjoyed spooning you last night," Cadance let out a soft muffled scream, as Thunderstorm threw a pillow at her face.

"There something wrong with you," Thunderstorm just stared at her. Cadance was about to say something but Thunderstorm interrupted her. "Look, I got to get dressed so if you can take a hike, that will be mostly appreciated."

Cadance looked at him, a little anger present on her face. "You're no fun." Cadance said leaving afterwards.

Thunderstorm sighed and started getting dressed. He was wearing his casual clothing which consisted of, a white t-shirt, blue jeans, blue sneakers to match, and a Wonderbolt jacket, a gift from his dad. He walked over to his dresser which had a mirror and looked into it. Despite everything Thunderstorm didn't really care about the way he looked, or what others thought of him.

He looked down on his dresser, which was filled with Pokemon merchandise. From games, to plush pokemon. His favorite being a Pikachu, which he didn't have anymore. His little sister Lily loved it so much, Thunderstorm decided to give it to her as a present.

Thunderstorm wasn't interested on his Pokemon stuff however. He looked at a black box and opened it. Inside of it there was another necklace. It was a silver necklace and the pendant was a crystal red sun. Thunderstorm carefully put the necklace around his neck, and looked at it. It was a gift from a very special friend he had before.

He sighed and walked towards his door. There was a key holder attached to it. He grabbed his keys and another important thing. The necklace Cadence gave him, after he left ready to see what Pinkie wanted.


Thunderstorm walked through the park. There were a few people here, but not that many. He looked towards the pond, seeing some ducks swimming around. There were even a few geese, Thunderstorm smiled. He had a lot of memories in this park, mostly with Pinkie pie and her sisters.

Probably his favorite was when Pinkie started chasing the ducks. More memorable yet, is when she actually caught one. To this day he couldn't believe she actually caught a duck. Well Pinkie regretted her decision, since the duck started biting her. Either way it was probably one of the funniest days of his life.

Thunderstorm kept walking. Pinkie told him to meet her in the picnic area. Thunderstorm got there looking around there were a lot of Picnic tables, and an ice cream truck.

"Well, I guess it's best for business," He thought to himself. He looked around for Pinkie Pie until he finally spot her. What surprised him is that she wasn't alone.

Pinkie sat there waiting, she was wearing her usual clothes, that she wore when she wasn't at school. She looked behind her, sitting there looking nervous as always was her twin sister Marble Pie. She was wearing a white shirt, over that she was wearing a purple sweater jacket, going down she was wearing a gray skirt that went just above her knees, and purple boots that went halfway to her knees.

She sat there nervously waiting. Pinkie said she had a friend that she wanted her to meet. Marble didn't know who it was, but she was very nervous.

"Here he comes." The happy voice of her sister filled Marble's ears. She looked up to see who it was, only to her more nervous.

Thunderstorm stood in front of them, not really paying attention to Pinkie. He just stared at Marble Pie. Pinkie looked at them and she immediately was filled with joy. Only for it to be dashed away as soon as Marble got up and started running away. As soon as Pinkie noticed what her sister had done she immediately tried running after her. Only to be stopped when Thunderstorm grabbed her arm.

Pinkie looked back at him. Ready to scream at him to let her go but she stopped when she saw his face. Thunderstorm's face was a mix of sadness and disappointment. He didn't say anything at first. Eventually he did say something.

"Let it go Pinkie."

"What?" Was all that Pinkie could say. She thought he wanted to be friends with Marble again.

"Just drop it Pinkie, it's over," Thunderstorm turned around and started walking away. Only to have Pinkie step in front of him.

"What are you doing?" Thunderstorm however didn't answer. "I thought you wanted to be friends with my sister."

Thunderstorm didn't immediately answered. Instead thinking of what he should say next. "Pinkie I just don't think it's possible."

"Thunderstorm anything is possible if you put your mind to it," Pinkie said a smile present on her face. "You wait here, I'll go get Marble and...."

"Pinkie, I've been doing this for three weeks now!" Thunderstorm yelled, exhaustion and sadness filling his voice.

"Three weeks?"

"It's all been the same I try talking to her and she runs away, every time," Thunderstorm finished that sentence and he immediately remembered every single time he tried. At this point he didn't care about the necklace, he just wanted to be friends with Marble again. But it didn't seem possible.

"How many times did you try?"

Thunderstorm took in a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. "I don't know ten maybe twelve times." Thunderstorm didn't have the exact number. He tried so many times, just so it could all end the same way. Marble running away.

Pinkie didn't say anything. Her hair deflated, not going straight like it usually did but it was her usual style. "Marble said she was going to try, she lied to me." Marble had never lied to her.

"Pinkie don't be mad at her," Thunderstorm voice snapped Pinkie from her thoughts. Thunderstorm gave Pinkie a hug, one which she returned. "Marble she's a very shy girl, she's probably afraid, don't blame her for this, it's not her fault." Thunderstorm said letting go of Pinkie.

"But I really thought things could go back to the way they were," Sadness filled Pinkie's voice.

"Pinkie thanks for trying," Thunderstorm smiled again memories of the past coming to him. "Pinkie we can be friends, but maybe it's better if we wait for Marble to feel comfortable before we try and bring her into this." Thunderstorm knew that was the best solution and Pinkie knew two.

"Okay," Was Pinkie's response.

"Hey come on smile, things will turn out okay."

Pinkie looked at him. There was no sadness or anger in his face. Pinkie felt happy, she smiled her hair going back to normal. She wrapped Thunderstorm in a bone crunching hug. Thunderstorm immediately started choking, "Pinkie need air."

"Oops, sorry," Pinkie let go, and Thunderstorm started gasping for air.

"It's okay just don't do that anymore okay."

"Okay I'll try."

"Thanks anyway I have to go Pinkie, see you some other time."

Pinkie smiled and nodded. She then extended her arm "friends."

Thunderstorm looked at it, but he knew exactly what to do. He took her hand and shook it "friends." Whit that the two went their separate ways. Thunderstorm was heading to a bench he saw earlier. While Pinkie Pie was going to look for Marble.


Thunderstorm sat on the bench finally having a chance to relax. He thought about what happened earlier with Pinkie and Marble. On one hand he managed to make a friend, despite not caring about making friends, he was happy that Pinkie was his friend. But on the other hand he was still in the same position with Marble.

"Well that went bad." Thunderstorm looked next to him and saw Cadance.

"It's been pretty much the same." Thunderstorm said while staring at the sky.

"Thunderstorm there's no time to sit around, you have something..."

"I give up," Thunderstorm interrupted Cadance.

"What?" Cadance making sure she heard that right.

"I give up," Thunderstorm said, still staring at the sky.

"Thunderstorm you can't give up, if you don't do this you'll never be able to find love." Cadance was worried. Was he really giving up.

"I just don't care anymore Cadance, it's been three weeks." Thunderstorm finally stopped looking at the sky and stared at her. He had a face that showed no emotion. "I can't get Marble to talk to me, or be my friend, how am I going to get her to be my girlfriend?"

Cadance immediately started thinking. Thinking that if she found and answer, Thunderstorm would reconsider. But she didn't find anything. She had no answer. Thunderstorm voice filled her ears once again.

"Cadance I appreciate that you care about me, but there really isn't anything I can do, I have no plan or any ideas, so I just give up," Cadance noticed that hint of sadness at the end of his sentence. He didn't want to give up, she knew that but he felt like there was nothing he could do.

Cadance sighed, she already knew he didn't want to give up. So she needed to find a way of getting him and Marble together. Eventually she came up with something, but she would need to talk to Pinkie Pie first.

Cadence got up and turned to look at Thunderstorm, "Thunderstorm it's your decision, I can't force you to try, but I need to hear it from you." Thunderstorm was surprised to see Cadance acting so serious. Up to now she hadn't shown any signs of seriousness.

"I give up." Thunderstorm said again not showing any emotions.

Cadance turned around getting ready to leave. "The Thunderstorm I know wouldn't give up." She said loud en for Thunderstorm to hear.

"Cadence here take it." Thunderstorm threw something at her which she caught. She opened her hand to look at it, it was the necklace. He was serious about giving up, despite not wanting to. She looked at him, "I won't need it anymore."

Cadance took the necklace. "You can keep up the facade all you want Thunderstorm, I know the truth." Cadance thought to herself, while staring at Thunderstorm. "Well I guess this is goodbye."

"I guess so, goodbye Cadance."

"Goodbye Thunderstorm." Cadance disappeared leaving Thunderstorm alone with his thoughts. Before Thunderstorm knew it a single tear ran down his face.


Marble ran and ran. Not knowing where she was going, by now it felt normal to her. She stopped trying to catch her breath, she looked around to try and figure out where she was. She noticed she was out of the park and she was standing in front of Canterlot High. More specifically the horse statue.

Marble immediately started yelling at herself. She really wanted to try, she wanted to be friends with Thunderstorm, but every time she saw him, she just panicked. She didn't know why. "Thunderstorm I'm sorry." She said to no-one.

Marble sat on the ground and leaned on the statue. She brought her knees to her face and started crying. "I'm so pathetic, why would anyone want to be friends with a loser like me," She said to herself.

"Don't beat yourself up Marble." Marble looked up, she saw a woman she didn't know. She wiped away the tears that were falling from her face and looked at her.

"How do you know my name?" Marble said sniffing at the end.

"Oh right, my name is Candace and I know your sister, she said you've been having trouble with making a friend lately." Marble didn't answer her, preferring to nod. "Marble I can help you, if you want."

"You can?" Marble asked, looking at her.

"Yes I can," Cadance said, extending her arm for Marble. Marble took it and Cadance pulled her up.

When she was up, she looked at Cadance and asked the important question, "How can you help me?"

Cadance smiled and gave her a comforting hug. "Don't worry I have a plan you just have to trust me, okay?"

Marble didn't immediately answered. She didn't know Cadance and she didn't really think she could help. But Marble told her sister that she was going to try, and Marble never went back on her word.

"So Marble do you trust me?" Cadance said, while offering her hand to Marble.

Marble took it and answered her question, "Mm-hmm".

Author's Note:

Well the story continues. Thanks for reading. Criticism is welcomed.

Thanks to http://www.fimfiction.net/user/zalla661 for editing the chapters so far. He's been a great help.

What will happen on the next chapter, well you'll just have to wait and find out. Bye.

Comments ( 1 )

This is inspiring I wonder if this can get back into the works.

Login or register to comment