• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 4,698 Views, 462 Comments

For science - Znegil



Stella finds a new world full of wonders, what starts as pure research becomes something life changing for her. There are stories with characters dance around each other and finding each other just at the end of the story... this is not one of them.

  • ...
33
 462
 4,698

16 Applejack

I was pretty amazed by the size of the orchards surrounding us on our way to the apple farm, but I had lived all of my life in a city, I never saw one before. I had questioned Twilight about the different kinds of fruits growing in Equestria, and she was now lecturing me about those. I heard a noise from behind quickly getting closer. Since I already knew Twilight didn't care about her surroundings once she reached 'Lecture-Mode', I was able to pull her towards me as a scooter with attached wagon passed us much to close. It came to a hold while the whole thing made an 180-degree turn, putting a lot of dust in the air while doing it. Three fillies looked at me very curious, their personalities and color schemes seem quite diverse.

"Wow, that's the giant Pinkie told us about.", the one with purple mane said to the others.

"Her name is Star isn't it?", the white one asked her companions.

"How about just introducing yourself to me and you will learn about me as well.", I suggested to them.

"That sounds like a good idea.", the yellow one said with a bit of a southern accent. "Hi, I'm Apple Bloom."

"I'm Sweetie Belle."

"Scootaloo. And together we are..."

'Why is Twilight covering her ears?'

"THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!!!", they screamed in unison.

I was stunned by the sheer loudness of that scream.

"We are on a crusade of finding our special talents to get our cutie marks.", Scootaloo said energetic.

"Yeah, just a few days ago we asked ponies about their cutie mark stories, so we could learn from them how to get one.", Apple Bloom told me.

"Oh, what is your cutie mark story?", Sweetie Bell asked me.

They all had spoken is such rapid succession, it took me a few seconds to process it. "Well, nice to meet you all. My name is Stella, I am a human from another world far away from this and I don't have a cutie mark."

"You don't have your cutie mark yet?", they asked unison again.

"That's great. You can join us.", Apple Bloom told me.

"Her size can get handy in some things we try.", Sweetie Bell chimed in.

"I got it.", Scootaloo announced. "Cutie Mark Crusadarrrrs pirates. She can be the mast and hold the sail."

"Ahoy!"

"You arrrrrre right."

All three had fun talking like a pirate while I looked in search for help to Twilight, but she was just chuckling at the whole situation, so I decided to intervene myself. "Hey little ones, sorry for interrupting you in your ideas, but humans don't get cutie marks, sorry. But of course we can play pirates someday, and look for booty." I came close to them and whispered loud enough for Twilight to hear: "I'm pretty sure Twilight has some nice booty."

"Stella!", she shouted.

"Right, maybe there is a treasure map in the library.", Sweetie Bell said.

"I'm sure Twilight has a huge booty.", Scootaloo added.

"To bad you can't get a cutie mark.", Apple Boom told me. "But maybe you can visit us in our clubhouse some day anyway. You seem to have good ideas that could help us. Onwards to the library." They climbed back onto their vehicle.

"Sure, can do.", I answered.

They took off again, while Scootaloo had still more thoughts about Twilight's booty. "Imagine we are finding it, get it to open and stick our hoofs inside to get..."

Twilight gave me her best 'I am mad at you' look, but I felt no anger towards me. I kissed her. "You know I love your booty.", I said smiling. "And I will give it an apology kiss tonight."

"You're nuts... but I love you for it.", she said in between kisses.

...

Finally we reached the farm, I saw a nice red building decorated with apples of all kind, it looked surprisingly clean. I saw a few pigs as well, this confused me a bit since I was told all ponies would be herbivores.

"Hey there.", I heard and saw an orange pony approach us. "You must be the new gal."

"Hi, my name is Stella, nice to meet you." I extended my hand, and she shook it hard, I felt a lot of strength in her. I remembered Fluttershy telling me how strong earthponies are.

"I'm Applejack, but I guess she already told you. Pinkie said..."

"She is also my marefriend.", Twilight added with a huge grin, her hoof around me.

Applejack’s face went blank. She looked at me and then at Twilight again. "That's a lot of hooey."

"What?", my marefriend asked.

"That's hooey. She is from another world and you know each other for what? Two days? It doesn't make a lick of sense! She must have you under some spell!!"

"I... I can't even use magic.", I tried to defend myself.

"Says who? How could we be sure about that?", she took a defensive stance.

"AJ, we already met the princesses. They allowed her to be here.", Twilight explained.

"You say that, but maybe..."

An old mares voice cut her off: "What kind of hospitality is this Applejack? Is this how we meet new friends?"

"But Granny, she could..."

"Hush now. I heard everything. Me and your grandpa knew after a day we were in love, whats wrong about that?"

"Nothin' Granny... but maybe she plans..."

"And what evil plans should they doing here on the farm?", Granny asked. "Let's all go inside. I made some apple pie."

"I don't want to be any trouble.", I explained.

"Guests are never trouble on this farm, come all in.", the old mare invited us.

"I'm going to buck some apples on the south field.", Applejack trotted out of sight.

"What is wrong with her?", Twilight asked.

"Let's talk while we eat together.", Granny said and led us into the farmhouse.

I looked around, it was absurd how many apple themed decorations were all over the house, the motive appeared everywhere. We sat down at the kitchen table and got a huge slice of apple pie. The pie smelled delicious, and I was happy to try it, for the worst case scenario I trusted Twilight's spells.

"You know Twilight...", the wrinkled mare began. "Applejack has a lot of work on this farm and not much time to meet other ponies. When I talked to her about it, she said she was fine with it and it wouldn't bother her. She said 'Twilight is also fully occupied with her studies. It's just what we do, we put our duties first and don't have time for finding... somepony.' "

"But it does bother her.", Twilight concluded.

"Yeah. So you finding a marefriend just like this... scared her.", said Granny.

"Is there anything we could do?", I asked.

She shook her head. "I know her since she was born, she just needs some time alone. She will get to the same conclusions, but we can't force it on her now."

We sat in silence while we ate our pies.