• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 4,682 Views, 462 Comments

For science - Znegil



Stella finds a new world full of wonders, what starts as pure research becomes something life changing for her. There are stories with characters dance around each other and finding each other just at the end of the story... this is not one of them.

  • ...
33
 462
 4,682

19 Pain

The doctors had decided I was in a condition to leave the hospital and I was eager to get out.

So I opened my eyes after a good night of sleep in Twilight's bedroom. She was cuddled close to me, and I felt her warmth against my body, her fur felt like an additional blanket. Her beautiful mane was right before me and it smelled so nice. I lifted my hand to run my fingers through her mane... but there weren't any fingers... there wasn't a hand... instead I looked at this ugly bandaged stump. I felt anger rise inside of me, like so many times within the last day... but I noticed Twilight moving uneasy in her sleep, so I did my best to suppress it... again.

I slowly withdrew my good arm from underneath her and got dressed. I went to the kitchen to make myself something for breakfast, Spike was already there. "Morning.", he greeted me. "Care for some oatmeal with fruits?"

I evaluated my options. "Sure, thanks." I was going to get me some of it when Spike stopped me.

"Just sit down, I bring it to you."

'Great, now even the baby dragon thinks I can't do anything on my own.' I clenched my fist. 'Relax, he just wants to be nice.' I took a deep breath and sat at the table. "Thank you, Spike."

We sat in an awkward silence and ate our breakfast until Twilight came down a few minutes later.

"Good morning, my love.", she greeted me.

"Good morning, honey."

We shared a kiss that lightened my mood a bit. I noticed Spike wasn't happy about it, but I couldn't care less, her love was the only thing keeping me sane.

"Later we could go to the market together.", Twilight suggested. "We can look for things you would like to eat, Apples and oatmeal will get boring pretty quick."

"You forgot the pancakes, but you're right, maybe I even find enough ingredients so I can cook something for you."

"Yeah... maybe..."

After we finished our breakfast, me and Twilight spend our time reading different books. I read "The principles of magic" while she read "Great inventions of the 20th century". We had some excellent discussions from the things we learned.

...

"Time for a break, let's go to the market.", she said and closed her book after putting a bookmark inside. I did the same, and together we left the library on our way to the market.

Ponies kept staring at me. I was used to them staring because I was so alien to them, but this was different... they looked at me with sad eyes, their looks glued to my missing hand. When someone realized I had noticed their stares, they were embarrassed and quickly looked away. I hated all these pitiful looks.

In spite of all this, I was able to find a good selection of ingredients for a nice vegetable curry. Twilight used her magic to carry the groceries.

As we arrived back in the library, there was more than enough time for me to prepare our lunch. Twilight wanted to help me, but I chased her out of the kitchen. "Go read something. I got this."

She got herself a book and sat at the table, in a way she could watch me.

'Nobody believes I can do anything on my own.'

I pushed these thoughts away and started to prepare the curry. It was cumbersome to cut the ingredients with my nondominant hand and took me much longer than I wanted. I noticed Twilight checking on me several times a minute, I was pretty sure she didn't read at all.

As I moved a bit careless, I pushed one of the cups I used for measuring ingredients off the table. I brought up my other hand to catch it... the one that wasn't there anymore... the cup shattered on the ground.

I stared at the pieces while I felt so much pity from Twilight.

I felt anger rise and this time I didn't fight it back.

"Stop pitying me!", I screamed. I picked up another cup and threw it against the wall. "I can't feel your love through all this pity anymore! I'm not useless!!"

Crying I stormed out of the library while Twilight shouted something after me, but I didn't listen. As I kicked open the library door on my way out, it nearly hit Rainbow in the face.

"Hey, what's wrong?", she asked me surprised.

"Just leave me alone!", I screamed at her and ran towards the little forest behind the library.

She pursued me. "No way I leave you alone like this."

"Get away from me!", I screamed at her again without any effect. It didn't matter. There was so much anger and hate within me.
Anger at Twilight's for pitying me.
I hated myself for feeling this way towards her.
I hated this world for making things so hard for me.
And more than anything else, I hated this ugly stump I had.

I smashed this stump against a tree as hard as I could. Incredible pain went through my body. I knew Twilight felt a part of this as well and I hated myself even more for doing it... worthless... I'm worthless. Again I smashed it against the tree.

"Stop that!", Rainbow screamed at me.

And again...

And again...

"STOP THAT!!", she screamed.

And again...

And again...

I started to see the world through a red haze, and my bandages began to color red.

And again...

She tackled me to the ground. I tried to get her off me, but she slapped me and shouted something I couldn't understand, the pain from my arm was to strong to concentrate on anything else... but there was something pleading in her eyes that slowly brought me back from my rage.

"... something like that. Don't force me to knock you out."

"I'm sorry...", I whispered.

She relaxed a little upon hearing that. "You owe me a talk about this."

I just nodded.

She looked to the side. "Twilight is on her way here, and she looks pissed as hell. Why is she limping?"

"Keep her away from me, the closer she gets to me the more she will feel my pain.", I plead her.

"I don't know what you are talking about, but I won't stand in her way.", she said, stood up and stepped aside.

Twilight entered my field of view... Rainbow was right, she looked incredibly angry, and her face also showed a lot of pain. Her horn lid up and magical energy shot in my arm, the pain slowly faded.

"I...", I started.

She slapped me hard and I felt it, she flinched from the pain as well. "How can you be this stupid!", she screamed. "Why do you bury all these feelings inside of you, instead of talking to me?!"

She slapped me again. "You know I love you and I will understand. I FEEL PITY BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" She laid on top of me and started to cry.

I wrapped my good arm around her. "I'm sorry.", I whispered.

"You better be...", she said sobbing. "If you ever shut me out like this again, I can't be with you anymore."

"I promise...", I answered and cried with her.

"Well...", Rainbow started. "I'm off then, but remember you owe me a talk about all this."

I nodded and she flew away.

...

After some time we both had calmed down a bit.

"I have only numbed your arm, it is still bleeding.", Twilight told me. "Let's get you to the hospital to get it treated."

Author's Note:

Sorry.
To anyone who felt pain through this chapter, I'm sorry but Stella had to get it out for real.