• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 4,685 Views, 462 Comments

For science - Znegil



Stella finds a new world full of wonders, what starts as pure research becomes something life changing for her. There are stories with characters dance around each other and finding each other just at the end of the story... this is not one of them.

  • ...
33
 462
 4,685

12 Cold and warmth

I must have dozed off. I felt soft fur under my fingertips and smelled Twilight's lovely scent. I couldn't describe her scent with anything I knew; it was one of a kind and I loved it. After lingering in the moment a little longer, I slowly opened my eyes. She was still asleep next to me breathing slowly. She looked so peaceful.
I remembered what almost happened before, we almost had kissed. What had I been thinking, we were different species, this should not happen. If this was the case, why did I feel so complete holding her? I knew that feeling because I had felt it before... four years ago when I held Viola. Our souls had been connected... until that day she was taken from me, the day that made it impossible to let anyone ever get close to me again. I felt tears run down my face.
Twilight quivered and moaned in her sleep, I knew why... she felt my pain, just like I felt Viola's pain as she died in that car accident. Twilight moved even more uneasy. I had to get away from these thoughts. I drew her even closer to me and whispered in her ear:
"Don't worry, I've got you
nothing will ever harm you.
I'm close by, I'll stay here,
through all things I will be near."

She calmed down again. I had not expected to say my wedding vow ever again and really mean it. What would happen to Twilight when I made the existence of Equestria known, and humanity would try to extract everything we could use from this world? How would she react to this betrayal... No way I would do this now. I didn't know if she shared my feelings, but I would do everything for her anyway.
I softly kissed her cheek. "I promise to do everything to protect you, whatever it takes...", I whispered and gave in to the warm feeling of unity, I slowly fell into a peaceful slumber holding her tight.

...

I opened my eyes again and saw my reflection in Twilight's eyes. "Hey...", I whispered.
"Hey...", she whispered, she was a little hoarse.

"How do you feel? Should I get you something?"

"The coughing and sneezing are gone, but it seems I got a bit hoarse from it. I feel very weak and every single bone hurts. This isn't the first time magical flu happened to me. I tend to overdo my studies. In the drawer of my bedside table is a scented oil, it has a numbing effect on my pains, please get it."
I opened the drawer and tried my best just to get the oil out without looking at other stuff inside...

"Now what?", I asked.

"Well if it is okay for you, you could apply it to my body, without my magic I can't reach most spots."

"Sure.", I answered. It felt a little warm in here; I started to sweat a little. She laid on her belly while I opened the bottle. Slowly I massaged the oil into the fur on her neck, front hooves and her back. I was surprised how many firm muscles were hidden underneath her fur.

"Mmmhhh... that feels so nice.", she groaned. "Your fingers are so much better for this than hooves, I wouldn't mind if you could do this forever."

I hesitated after I finished her upper body.

"Please go on, just don't get oil on my tail, it's hard to get out."

Carefully I worked my way down her flanks. The sight and feel of massaging them, had much more effect on me than I had expected, her occasional groaning did the rest. 'Wow, aside from being connected to her, I think she has a hot body.' The way her oiled butt glistened in the light was truly a sight to behold.
It was hard for me to avert my eyes, I had to talk to her to distract myself. "I think we should talk about something.", I started.

"About what?", she asked very relaxed.

"You know, when I visited Fluttershy before, she told me that I am a friend of her and a huge warm happiness washed over my mind. The feeling of her friendship towards me was nearly to much for me."

"I told you before that friendship is very powerful here. Maybe you aren't used to it being this strong, and you have to get accustomed to it. I defeated a villain who wanted to bring eternal night to Equestria using friendship as a weapon against her."

"Now you're just playing with me..."

She sat in front of me. "No, it's true, I promise. It was Luna who was jealous of her sister."

"The Princess Luna I had met? An evil villain? Wow..."

She told me the whole story of the two sisters and Luna's slow decent until she became Nightmare Moon and how they defeated her as she came back after a thousand years.

"Wow, you and your friends are heroes." I was quite surprised and impressed by what they had done.

"Yeah, I am a hero who can't lift her hoof at the moment.", she said and chuckled.

"No, I mean it, it's incredible what you have done."

She blushed and looked very embarrassed. "Okay, enough already..."

I searched for another topic. "Fluttershy also accompanied me on my way to Ponyville, to prevent a panic when I just show up here. It turns out Pinkie already told everyone... or everypony about me. She told them I'm big, but very cuddly and nice, and of course that I got two soft and big udders."

"Well she isn't wrong.", I think I heard her whisper.

"Sorry, come again."

She blushed. "I said: Of course she did."

"I get down and make some tea for us, okay?", she just nodded. "Is Spike down there to show me where things are?"

"I believe he is helping Rarity to find jewels.", she said.

"Sounds like another thing you have to explain to me later. If I can't find anything I just come back to you and ask.", I turned to leave the room.

"Stella...", I heard Twilight say.

I looked at her. "Yeah?"

"Thanks for caring for me.", she said, and I felt some love inside her.

"I always will care for you, Twilight."