• Published 18th Nov 2016
  • 4,663 Views, 462 Comments

For science - Znegil



Stella finds a new world full of wonders, what starts as pure research becomes something life changing for her. There are stories with characters dance around each other and finding each other just at the end of the story... this is not one of them.

  • ...
33
 462
 4,663

37 Innocent

Someone was tapping on my shoulder.

"Stella.", I heard Twilight whisper.

"I don't want to wake up yet.", I mumbled.

"Please.", she whispered, her voice filled with panic.

I opened my eyes and looked into the peaceful face of Luna still sleeping; her hooves held me in a gentle embrace. "What is it?", I whispered back.

"Why are we in Luna's bed?"

"How much do you remember after we entered the music bar?", I asked her.

"I'm not sure, I drank these tasty cocktails, then I... oh no... did I kiss the princess??"

"You seemed pretty eager to stick your tongue inside her mouth.", I said and looked at Luna's lips.

"Oh no, I so sorry Stella, I never should have done such a thing. Please, don't be mad at me."

"You would feel it if I were mad at you. It's okay, you lost control for a bit, but I won't get angry about a kiss."

"But how have we ended up in Luna's bed and what did we do in here?", she asked still very worried.

For a moment I had the idea to frighten her a bit because of the kiss, to tell her about some crazy things she did with Luna. But that wouldn't be fair considering what happened when I was trapped under Fluttershy's bed.

"Luna was just afraid to be alone after I had brought back those memories about her imprisonment. She asked if we could stay with her. So nothing happened, we just slept in the same bed, that's all."

I could hear Twilight exhale.

Luna began to move and slowly opened her eyes.

"Good morning, Luna.", I said.

She looked at me. "Morning.", she replied smiling. "That was my best night of sleep since I'm back. Thank you so much for staying with me."

"Sorry for kissing you, Princess.", Twilight apologized from behind my back.

Luna lifted her head a bit to look at her. "No need to be sorry, that was another best thing since I am back. I hope there isn't discord because of that kiss."

"No, everything is fine.", I replied. "I'm not mad at her."

Luna laid her head on the pillow again and looked at me. "I could kiss Stella to even it out.", she suggested with a grin.

"I don't think that is how it works.", I calmly replied. "This is 'Pinkie Pie logic', and we should never use her way of thinking." I grinned. "I'm sure there are a lot of kissable lips at the Gala."

Luna pouted, she must have imagined another answer. "I don't think so, half of them will be annoying snobs, the other half will be to afraid to come close to me."

"But since we are together we will have fun anyway, okay?", I asked her.

"Of course, after all the things you two did for me yesterday, the least I can do is trying to have a bit fun at the Gala."

"Can we have breakfast?", Twily asked. "We soon will have to leave to visit my family."

"Is it so late already?", I asked.

"Sisters sun is pretty high already, half past nine I suppose. Tia tends to wait for me so that we can have breakfast together. She will be quite hungry by now."

Reluctantly Luna released me from her hug and got up from the bed. We did the same, but Twilight had to hold on to the bed again. "Why is this room spinning?", she asked.

"You should be careful. You're not used to alcohol and its consequences.", I told Twilight. "Let me help you." I picked her up and carried her in front of me.

"Stella, it will be embarrassing for me if you carry me through the castle like a pet.", she protested. "Especially if we meet Princess Celestia."

"Well, we should go to the bathroom first, it's right in the next room, no one will see you.", Luna explained to us.

"Yeah, your mane looks like you have been through a hurricane.", I told Twilight. "We really need to brush it."

I followed Luna into the next room, a mumbling Twilight in my arms. The bathroom was huge and looked like a high-class turkish bath with moon ornaments all over it. I walked through it in awe, looking at everything.

"You even have a small pool in here!", I shouted.

"Yeah, but I hardly use it. I'm more of a shower pony.", she replied.

"I think I can stand now.", Twilight said.

I carefully put her down but held on to her shoulder. "Okay, but be careful my love."

She used her magic to bring a brush to her mane and started brushing it. When I was sure she wouldn't tip, I grabbed one of the guest toothbrushes and brushed my teeth. The toothbrush was made out of wood, like so many other things here. I wasn't sure if I should introduce them to plastic if my chemistry experiments went well, there were some downsides to it regarding waste.

...

After a few minutes, we all were in a much prettier state and ready for breakfast.

When we left Luna's room, one of the guards immediately started running towards another corridor.

"He informs Tia that I'm on my way to breakfast so she can join me.", Luna explained his behavior.

After a few more moments we arrived in a fancy dining room filled with beautiful statues and flowers.

'Wow, this looks like something straight out of a Disney movie.', I thought.

The table was filled with all kinds of breakfast related items and all of them looked delicious. "With a spread like this I would be ten pounds heavier within a week, how do you and your sister keep this slight build?"

"Alicorns have a great metabolism.", Luna told us. "And I'm very happy about it." she sat down on one of the chairs and we joined her.

"Good morning to all of you.", Celestia greeted us as she entered the room and sat down with us. "I'm surprised to see Stella and Twilight here too, have you been up all night?"

"Well...", I started but was interrupted by Luna.

"I know you tricked me about dinner with them. I would be quite mad at you if this hadn't been one of the best nights of my life.", she said with a big grin.

"Really?", Celestia asked while she grabbed a cup and poured herself a coffee. "Tell me what you did then."

"After dinner, we went roller skating.", Luna started. "It was surprisingly fun, have you tried it yet?"

"It has been some years since I did, but yes."

"I'm planning on doing it again in the future. Maybe we could go together. After that we went to a nearby observatory were ponies can watch my night sky, I was surprised how many were there, and I met the cutest filly..."

Celestia showed a warm smile as she listened to her sister talking about fun activities and things she experienced.

"... we got a little drunk there, well Twilight more than a little. She kissed me and then the three of us spent the rest of the night in bed together."

Celestia lost her magical grip on the coffee mug, it fell to the floor and shattered in pieces. Twilight's face beamed red, and I felt the heat radiating from her despite sitting a bit away from her.

"You told that last part ambiguously on purpose.", I whispered to Luna and smiled.

"Of course.", she whispered back. "I wanted to see my sisters reaction as a little payback for tricking me. Twilight is quite cute when she is bashful."

"Yes, she is."

The others slowly recovered from this shocking announcement.

"I'm surprised.", Celestia said, her face pink. "I told you to cheer Luna up, but I haven't imagined you would go that far for it."

"No... we just slept together... we slept in the same bed... but nothing happened... I think.", Twilight stuttered.

"Sorry, maybe I was misleading. We just shared the bed while we slept next to each other.", Luna said with a perfectly innocent look.

I made a mental note never to play poker with the Princess of the night.