• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 498 Views, 6 Comments

The Prince of Darkness - Morningstar 2143



Rarity's sick and there is a swarm of vampires threatening to destroy the princesses and take over Equestria.

  • ...
7
 6
 498

Epilogue

“Royal subjects!” Celestia announced. “We are gathered here today to mourn the death of my beloved sister and princess of the night, Princess Luna.” she gestured to the glass coffin that hovered next to her, displaying the elegantly dressed corps of Luna. “we hold this service in hopes of honoring her memory by surrounding her with those who loved her as not only the princess but a friend. I would like to invite my faithful student and friend princess Twilight Sparkle up to speak.” Twilight climbed to the podium.

“Fellow ponies of Equestria, the first time I met Luna was several years ago as Nightmare Moon. Over time, she quickly returned to her original position as princess. She also became a close friend of mine and a mentor to one of the greatest stallions I’ve ever met.” tears started pouring from her eyes. “Although she is gone, Luna will always be with us in spirit, watching over us and our dreams.”

After the funeral, there was a service held in the castle's throne room to mourn the loss. The guests were comprised of only ponies who knew her personally which included the CMC, main six, Celestia, Discord, and several other ponies that were considered her friends.

“Attention everypony!” Celestia called. “I have an announcement to make. Princess Twilight Sparkle, please step forward!” Twilight went forward and kneeled before her mentor. “There is no need for that anymore.” she stood straight. “Twilight Sparkle, you have accomplished a lot since I sent you to Ponyville. You defeated Nightmare Moon, beat Discord, conquered Chrysalis, stopped King Sombra, overpowered Terik, and even saved my life and Equestria by stopping The Prince of Darkness. And through all of that, you never lost your faith in me, even if I wasn’t enough.”

“Celestia, what’s going on?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing, it’s just that I’ve finally discovered your true path in life.” she lifted her crown off of her head and placed on Twilight’s. “I hereby renounce my position as Princess of Equestria and pass on my title to Princess Twilight Sparkle.” everyone in the room muttered to each other as Celestia bowed her head to Twilight. She spun around only to see them all bowing their heads as well.

Several hours pass before the final guest left the castle. “Celestia!” she called to mentor. “Why now of all times would you choose to do this?”

“Because you were meant to take on this role. From the moment I met you, I knew you were destined for greatness. It wasn’t until recently that I realized that you are supposed to be leading Equestria, not me. I’m not not in my prime anymore and I’ve known that for years now, ever since I lost that power struggle to Chrysalis at the royal wedding. So I decided that my last act as princess should be to finally choose a successor.” she explained as they trotted down the hallway.

“But Celestia, I’m not ready!”

“Do you think I was ready when I was first coronated? Let me tell you it wasn’t pretty. I always felt everything I did was wrong or I made the wrong choice. But when I look at you, I see somepony who will always make the right decision.” Twilight looked at the ground with uncertainty. Celestia saw this and placed a hoof on her chin and pulled her head up to meet her gaze. “Hey, don’t be like that. If you ever need me I’ll be living at the Whinny resort in Hawineigh, I have a villa there. Okay?” she asked, receiving nothing more than a saddened nod from Twilight. She turned around and left for her room leaving Twilight in the hall with her newfound responsibility. She suddenly paused in the middle of the hallway and looked back at Twilight with a smile.

“Don’t forget your coronation speech, your highness.” she continued on her way down the hall, leaving Twilight still dumbfounded.

Author's Note:

HEY GUYS!!!!

Thanks for sticking with me all this time. This story was an absolute pleasure to write and I hope you guys enjoyed it. If you have any questions, feel free to message me or leave a comment down below. There will be more stories in the near future.

Thanks for reading!!!!! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment