• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 498 Views, 6 Comments

The Prince of Darkness - Morningstar 2143



Rarity's sick and there is a swarm of vampires threatening to destroy the princesses and take over Equestria.

  • ...
7
 6
 498

Chapter one: The Nightclub

The air of the night was ice cold and the sky was pitch black with only the moon illuminating the roads and homes of the ones who used them. Everyone was in there bed sleeping soundly after a hard day of preparing and decorating for the Nightmare Night celebrations taking place a few days later that week. But for some ponies, the celebrations were taking place a little earlier that year. Ponyville had just opened a brand new nightclub the week prior and has been blowing up in popularity. Hundreds of ponies arrived to party in the new building, but most had to wait their turn. There was a line of anxious party goers stretching stretching around the entire building.


“Pinkie, i don’t know about this. I’m not much of a stay up late kind of pony.” Morningstar stated as he, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie made there way past the crowded line.


“That, and this line is rather long. Are you sure you can get us in without having to wait in line darling?” Rarity stated while analyzing the length of the line. Pinkie ran up to the bouncer and revealed a certificate to him. He quickly and closely Looked over the sheet of parchment.


“Hello miss Pie. you and your friends can go right in.” he stated in a deep relaxed voice. They walked past the bouncer and entered the large building. The neon lights were flashing in there faces and the crowd of ponies were slamming their hooves on the ground to the beat of the song that was playing. The heavy beat pounded in Stars chest, at times feeling in sync with his heartbeat, and reverberated off of the decorated walls. Ponies were wearing glow stick rings on their hooves and around their necks. With it being so close to Nightmare Night, some were wearing costumes and masks.


“Pinkie! Where are the others?! And how did we get in so fast?!” he screamed over the intense pounding music and the high pitched screaming of the ponies enjoying it.


“Twilight has princessy things to do tomorrow! Applejack said that the zap apple harvest was tomorrow! Fluttershy didn’t want to come! And Rainbowdash is at the Wonderbolts academy!” she explained while they made there way through the crowd.


“But that doesn’t explain how you got us in here! Did you bribe somepony?!” he continued the screaming to combat the intense noise that filled the room.


“Of course not silly! Everypony that helped in the construction of this place gets a free entrance pass that has unlimited uses, and they can have a maximum of like four friends!! Isn’t that awesome!!!” she sped off to join the rowdy crowd of dancing party goers.

“Care to join me for a dance darling?” Rarity asked, slightly moving her body to the pounding beat.


“Na, i think i’ll just go sit down over there.” he gestured to a table in the corner.


“Are you sure darling?”


“Yeah. You go have fun with Pinkie. I don’t want to stink up the room with my “obviously can’t dance” dance moves on the dance floor.”


“Very well then.” she elegantly began passing by Star on her way to the crowd. She paused and looked at Star with a seductive smile on her face and said “I’ll be saving a dance for you.” As she continued, she lightly whipped her tail around his neck and let it drag the length of his body. Star felt chills run up and down his spine from the action. He continued on his way to the corner table and sat down with a sigh. The table had remained empty for the next few minutes with only Star as an occupant.


Hours had passed and every time a group of ponies would leave, more would take there place. Star still sat at the table as its only occupant and had began drifting off to sleep. Before he could close his eyes for the last time of the day, a mare had sat next to him and spoke to him in a sweet and almost hushed voice.


“Why aren’t you up there dancing with everypony? Are you OK?” Star turned his head and looked up at the hooded figure. Her face was hidden by shadow. All that was visible was her muzzle and pointed white teeth that would poke out when she would smile. Star sat up slowly waking himself up in the process and looked at the hooded mare.


“I’m fine. I just don’t know how to and don’t want to dance.” the mare turned to Star and removed her hood revealing her bright red eyes, pale coat, and black mane. “I’m Morningstar. I uh…. I like your vampire costume, looks so real.” he continued.


“My name is Rosemary.Thank you, your alicorn costume is realistic as well.”


“Oh this isn’t a costume. I’m a real alicorn. I just ain't royalty” he said with a smile. Her eyes widened and began glistening in the multicolored neon light that pulsated all over the room. She cracked a devilish smirk and leaned in closer to Star.


“Not royalty!” she gasped “If it were me, I would march to the princess and demand that she make me royalty.” she got closer “Why do follow the princess so mindlessly little lamb?” he could feel her breathing heavily down his neck. Her breath smelled like lavender and tea leaves. The smell was soothing and intoxicating at the same time. He felt himself drifting to sleep once again and losing the will to stay awake. “Why not give in to the sleep that you obviously crave so much, little lamb” his eyes finally shut and his head fell back. Her fangs began inching towards his exposed neck. “And be mine until the end of time.”


“Star darling, they're closing early tonight so we’re leaving now.” She approached the table. She tapped on Stars head to wake him up. His head shot up like a bullet and he looked at Rarity with tired eyes.


“Oh, we’re leaving now? Wait where's Pinkie?”


“We’re leaving without Pinkie. She wants to enjoy the party for as long as she can.” they turned their heads to look at the crowd.


There, on the stage stood Pinkie Pie screaming at the top of her lungs “ Are you ready to party!!!!” she then leapt off the stage and into the crowd. The crowd of ponies then carried her around the room. “Bye guys! See you tomorrow!” she shouted as they moved her passed Star and Rarity. They made their way to the door and left. They crossed the street in front of the club and started their way home.


“Why don’t I walk you Rarity.”


“Oh Star you don’t have to. I’m perfectly fine with doing that by myself.” she replied placing her hoof to her mouth.


“It’s the least i could do pay you guys back for asking me to come along. Also, it’s really dark, a lady shouldn’t have to walk home alone in the dark.” he paused and looked at Rarity “Are you OK your face is red”


“Yes i’m fine darling just a little hot as all.” she laughed hysterically and then continued “shall we proceed darling?” they continued down the road on there way to the Carousel Boutique.But they did not notice the pair bright red eyes watching them intentivly. The two arrived at the Boutique and stood in front of the door.


“I had fun tonight Star. i hope we can do it again.”


“But all i did was fall asleep in the corner of the club.” she placed a hoof on his mouth in an attempt to stop him from talking.


“That’s not what i meant.” she closed her eyes removed her hoof and went in for a kiss. For Star, everything began moving in slow motion. He thought for a moment and realized that it was a once in a lifetime opportunity for somepony like him, to kiss somepony like her. He leaned in to return the action. Inches away from their display of affection, the red eyes that had been watching them from afar, suddenly sprung to life sped towards them and started flailing in there faces with a high pitched squealing.
The creature revealed itself to be a vampire fruit bat. Rarity let out a bloodcurdling scream. She reared up, kicking frantically. She lost control of one of her hooves and struck Morningstar in the face. He fell unconscious and the bat vanished. Rarity ran as fast as she could to Twilight. They returned to find Star still on the cold hard ground with a stupid smile on his face. Twilight through a pail of water on his face. Star sprung back to consciousness gasping for air.


“The bat, where is it?!” he asked frantically.


Twilight stepped forward with an exhausted look on her face. “Do you have any idea what time is!?” Star began to say something in retaliation but was shut down by the angry alicorn “While i agree that a vampire fruit bat attacking you two is strange, it can wait until the morning! Now i’m going back to the castle to go back to sleep. If you don’t want to be attacked again, i suggest that you two do the same!!” she spun on her heels and left for castle.


“I- I should get going. Good night Rarity.” he started towards the castle. Rarity opened the boutique door and entered the darkened room. She turned around and closed the door, then leaned against it and slid to the floor. She sighed, recalling the events, how they could have been and what they could have led to. She imagined herself in an elegant wedding dress and Star looking handsome and dapper in a black tuxedo waiting for her at the end of the isle. Their friends and family sitting in the front row, eyes filled with tears of joy. The princess saying “you may kiss the bride.” and her lips making contact with each other signifying the beginning of the rest of their lives together. She imagined raising a foal with Star, teaching them how to fly and use magic. She imagined growing old with Star, sitting on there patio reliving the adventures of the past and having weekend dinner parties with there friends.


Her fantasies were interrupted by the grandfather clocks bells ringing in at 1:00 am.


“One in the morning?! I have to finish the final designs on everyponies costumes tomorrow.” she quietly made her way up to her room, climbed into her soft bed and instantly fell asleep. Darkness filled the room and swallowed the light, all except the red eyes that had been watching them before. The two red eyes fluttered away from the darkest corner of the room that it had been hiding in. They landed on the floor in front of the bed. In a wisp of black smoke and magic, the pair of little red eyes became a silhouetted pony with pointed pearly white teeth that glistened in the moonlight. She motioned towards the sleeping Rarity.


“I can sense your affection for the lamb, but i want him for myself and you will not get in the way of my plan. The blood that runs through your veins, i can sense, is bittersweet like refined wine. Even now you dream of his company, how makes you feel, and how badly you wish to be with him.” she paused at the thought then continued “Maybe you can help me claim what i want.” she grinned devilishly. She hovered over Rarity’s neck, gazing at it as if she was looking right through her. She slowly brought her head down on to Rarity’s neck and sunk her teeth into the lush white flesh. She brought her head back up, her teeth now crimson red, and vanished with another puff of black smoke. The only evidence of her visit was a piece of white paper that fluttered to the ground.

Author's Note:

If you guys like the story then you guys should comment and tell me what you liked. or you can tell me were i need improvement. i love writing for you so tell how i can improve. thank you for reading! :twilightsheepish: