• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 493 Views, 6 Comments

The Prince of Darkness - Morningstar 2143



Rarity's sick and there is a swarm of vampires threatening to destroy the princesses and take over Equestria.

  • ...
7
 6
 493

Chapter four: Pages of History on Walls of Stone

They continued down the cavernous corridor. The only source of light was a candle she grabbed prior to their entrance. They continued down the dark narrow hallway for minutes before they came to stop.


“Our race was once a powerful one. We had ruled over what is now known as Equestria hundreds of thousands of years before the ponies came from across the ocean. There land was being terrorized by the windigoes, forcing them to come to our shores.” she dropped the candle into a small stone pot. The pot ignited with a small burst of flame and light revealing a dome like room that they had entered. She turned to look at a portion of the illuminated wall that had detailed pictures and drawings of ponies and vampires. “We offered them peace and prosperity, but they returned with war, death, and destruction. We lost many great friends at that moment in time.” they continued to the next picture. “We were forced underground and after hundreds of years, lost the ability to withstand sunlight. We eventually gained the artillery to strike back and take back our home. Under the rule of my grandfather; we fought back and came close to victory. We made our way to Canterlot and much to our surprise, two ponies stood up to us and took us down singlehooved. There power was overwhelming and elegant. They were able to beat everyone in the coven In one fell swoop.” she dropped her head and her voice lowered to a saddened monotone. “The sunlight at their backs and wings out stretched; they commanded the sun and turned most of us into dust. My grandfather was Siriusly injured during the sun's deadly onslaught. We retreated and healed him as best as we could. When he awoke, he began shouting that he had some sort of vision.” tears began flowing from her eyes and lightly patted the ground with grace and sadness. “His wounds were to severe and he died shortly after waking up. But before he passed; he shared his vision with the coven.” she paused.


“What happened? What did he say?” he gradually made his way towards Rosemary to comfort her. He placed his hoof on her shoulder, noticing her ice cold skin that felt both soft and brittle at the same time. She looked up at him, eyes full of tears and anguish.


“H…. he said that he saw the future.” she paused wiped her tears away and continued after calming herself. ”He saw a powerful figure bearing wings and a horn; that would one day lead the coven to a future of peace and prosperity. He said that the figure would become the patriarch who would return us to the sun’s grace; and we will walk on the surface again, basking in its heavenly glow. Our eternal thirst for both blood and revenge would be clenched.” she pulled down a large red curtain; revealing another painted section of the wall. “This is what we envision for the future of the coven!” The wall depicted a large battle between two groups of what looked like ponies and vampires charging at each other with spears drawn. The top of the painting depicted three creatures that looked like alicorns, but one had goliath bat wings and was painted without a face or any other defining features. The other two alicorns on the opposite side of the painting felt familiar to Star. one was white and had a long flowing pink mane while the other was a dark blue, shorter than the other, and had a shorter mane. He lightly took off and hovered around the top of the painting in order to get a closer look. He noticed the painted sky above the three deities was strange and seemed almost, split. The area above the one without features was blackened to a dark red and the sun was just depicted as a black circle with a little yellow halo around it.


“I can’t shake the feeling that I've seen that weird sun before; or at least something like it.” he pondered as he began his descent. Rosemary wrapped her arm around him and pulled him close to her.


“My grandfather said that the coming of the figure would be marked by the eclipse. The black sun would rise high into the sky and change it to a beautiful shade of blood red.” Star, with sudden realization, spun his head around to look at his flank. He realized that his cutie mark bore a striking resemblance to the painted sun on the wall. He then thought of Rarity and the condition he last saw her in; the urgency behind his mission lead him to make a quick and immediate decision.


“You said something about me becoming a patriarch?” he paused. “A vampire?”


“Yes I did little lamb.” her voice showing signs of confidence and level headedness.


“Then i’ll do it; i’ll become a vampire.” her eyes lit up with a sense of accomplishment. “Under one condition.” her smile had vanished and her face returned to its original intensity.


“Oh!? And what would that be?” the question had a seductive undertone. She waltzed flirtatiously, closing the gap between her and Star. “Because from my point of view, you don’t have a lot of…” she paused for a moment and moved even closer. At that point, there noses were just inches away from touching each other. She bit her lip and continued. “Wiggle room.” she tapped his nose with her own.


“Rarity” he said keeping the position that the mare had put him in. “I want your word that you will cure her and return her to Ponyville unharmed.” she thought for a moment; pondering the consequences of her choice.


“You know I can just kill her and keep you from leaving, right?” he nodded confidently. “Very well then, you have my word. She will be cured and kept safe until her return home.” Star felt a wave of relief wash over his body at the thought of her being safe. “Now my little lamb, you will fallow me to the chamber of new blood.”

Author's Note:

sorry for the short chapter. I didn't really see any to continue on after the History lesson. But you know; every story needs a little lore. If you'll notice there's a reference to the hearthswarming episode in there. i also managed to sneak a dirty joke in there so please enjoy. the next chapter will be out soon. (hopefully)