• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 494 Views, 6 Comments

The Prince of Darkness - Morningstar 2143



Rarity's sick and there is a swarm of vampires threatening to destroy the princesses and take over Equestria.

  • ...
7
 6
 494

Chapter six: Every Star has a Dark Side

`Where am I?` he thought to himself. `That’s right, the blood. How long are they going to keep me in here?` the question echoed through his mind as if he were screaming into a dark canyon.


“When you finally realize the darkness inside you and embrace it.” Star’s eyes shot open at the sound of the mysterious voice in the back of his mind. He looked around, trying to see beyond the overtaking crimson fluid that had entered his body. He was able to catch site of a silhouette, walking with a slow pace towards Star.


`Who are you and what do you want?` he asked in his mind, expecting the mysterious pony to be able to hear him.


“You know who I am.” he crept closer until Star could accurately make out the details of the figure's face. “I’m your darkside.” Star’s eyes widened as he stared in perplexity at the site of the near mirror-like image of himself staring back at him.


`What’s going on?! Why do you look like me?!`


“All you really need to know is that you are going to be the new patriarch. This area at the bottom of the pool is a type of in between, a state of Limbo if you will. What that means is that you can breath down here without drowning. You are also in a state of suspended animation; which means that you can stay down here for literally eons without getting hungry, thirsty, or tired.” he explained with an educated and prestigious tone.


“That doesn’t answer my question. Why do you look like me?” with each syllable, he could taste the thin layer of blood iron lining the inside of his mouth. He looked away from Star as if he were pondering multiple things at once.


“I represent the darkest parts of your soul.” he said with a menacing monotone. “Every one of your darkest secrets and fears pooled together and molded into what you see before you.” his voice changed to that of monsters; deep, scratchy, and demonic. With a flick of his neck, he looked back at Star bearing razor sharp teeth and glowing red eyes. “A manifestation of the darkness buried in the deepest darkest depths of your mind, body, and soul. I am your rage, sadness, lust, fear, and sin. I am your dark side!” he backed away from Star’s face and cleared his throat. His eyes and voice returned to their original state. “As for why i’m here standing before you is simple. Acceptance and acknowledgment.”


“What do you mean by that?”


“It means that you must come to terms with the fact that I exist. Your entire life has been spent suppressing me, betraying me, denying my existence in favor of being the good guy. Only then will I gain enough power to enter your soul and truly become one with the light in your heart. Once I achieve that, we will be able to climb out of this hole in the ground.” he continued his explanation. “And before you ask, no you will not lose control. You will simply become more……. real.” Star could tell he was lying through his teeth, but his mind was elsewhere. He didn’t care about the vampires or his darkness, all he cared about was protecting his friends.


“Fine i’ll let you in.” he said reluctantly. “How does this work?”


“Just stand there and clear your mind.” he replied with a devilish grin. “Hold still!” Star could feel the rush of darkness pouring into him. His dark side vanished in a black haze and entered his heart.


The blood around him, once again, started burning. He could feel his flesh melt off his body, exposing the muscle tissue beneath. He felt all of his muscles tightening, making it hard to move. He felt his bones grow in length and thickness, making him taller. His wings cept growing, becoming more than double their original size. The iron in the blood began accumulating on his horn; making it longer and heavier. He could feel his mind being toyed with; wires being pulled and new connections being made. He could feel the darkness pool inside of him, his magic becoming overwhelmingly powerful. His teeth began popping out one by one, gently cascaded to the ground, leaving his mouth empty and toothless. A stabbing pain soon replaced them as new and razor sharp teeth took their places. They erupted from the roof of his mouth and split his tongue half, leaving it lacerated as it too continued to grow. Then, everything went silent.


His body went limp and his head fell. His skinless body lie there at the bottom of the blood pool, still bolted to the steel grate.


`It’s so…… cold.` he thought. `I’m so……… hungry.` the blood lust began to build, forming a void in his stomach. The blood began to flow around him in a gentle stream. The blood current moved along the length of his body, manifesting itself into a solid and replacing the original skin with a thicker and darker substitute. Metallic flesh covered the muscle and bone that had once been covered in feathers. As his new skin finished growing, his mane grew longer until the tips of his mane turned blood red.


“You are ready.” the voice rang for one last time.


His eyes opened and the blood separated. His horn released a power beam of red energy, hitting the cave ceiling with great force. The beam subsided and the grate began to rise to the upper level. The grate came to a halt with a loud clang and the onlookers began to whisper, wondering how Star would react to his newfound power. Rarity watched in horror of what happened to him, yet also wondered how this would turn out. He hoisted the heavy horn into the air as the torch light shimmered off the polished iron.


“Star?” Rarity asked with a worried tone. He looked at her through the corner of his bloodshot eye.


“Get her out of here and back to Ponyville.” his deep and monstrous voice shook Rarity’s soul and instilled fear where there had once been hope that he was okay. “Before i lose control and drain the blood from her body.” he then smiled and addressed the coven as whole. “Coven! Your new leader has arrived!” he said projecting his voice. “I am your new Blooded Patriarch!” he paused as if waiting for dramatic effect. “The Prince of Darkness!!!” the chamber then filled with booming sound of voices cheering. “And now a throne fit for a prince.” his horn was illuminated with dark red energy as he looked at blood pool. The crimson matter shot into the air like a geyser and then solidified to form an iron throne.


He climbed the steps and sat in his new royal throne. He then levitated Rosemary and placed her in the throne he had constructed just for her. He peered at Rarity as two members started dragging her to the exit.


“Rarity.” her skin crawled at the sound of her name in that voice. The two that were dragging her to the exit, stopped and forcibly spun her around to look at him. “When you return to Ponyville, tell Twilight that war is coming.” Rosemary looked up at him in bewilderment. As they dragged her away, she spotted a single tear roll over his cheek and watched as it plummet to the ground.

Author's Note:

i hope you enjoyed the chapter. if theirs any thing you think i can improve upon please let me know in the comment section.