• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 10,683 Views, 574 Comments

The Tale Of A Lost Wolf - Solaris Night



While preforming a new spell, Twilight accidentally summons a being, unlike anypony has ever seen, to Equestria. Can she and the rest of the girls befriend him and teach him the values of friendship?

  • ...
61
 574
 10,683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 8: Sting Like A Dash

"I can't believe you're actually doing this." Twilight nearly yelled, as Trider was putting on his combat boots. "Out of all the stupid things you've done, this is by far the stupidest."

"Clearly you don't know me that well." he smirked as he tied the knot to one of his boots.

The mare rubbed her temples as she sighed. "Apperantly not, cause who in their right mind would demand a fight, just to prove who is right?"

The Kanisar just sat in his chair as he strechted his back. "Every one of my kind. When a conflict arises, we solve it by pitting the two who oppose each other and let them duke it out between each other, rather then dragging everyone else with them." He looked her in the eyes, hoping she got the message.

A little before the tornado season, somehow three certain fillies caught wind of the bet, he and Rainbow made, and put it into their school newspaper. Everyone in town soon knew about it and coincidentally all of their friends. They have been trying to convince them to call it off, but they were too determined to even consider their words.

"Are you sure there isn't a way I can change your mind?" Twilight asked in hope.

Trider stood up from his chair and went over to the mare. He clasped her hands into his own and looked her in the eyes. "Sorry Twi, but this is something I have to do." He saw that tears began to form in the corners of her eyes. "Why are you so worried? It's not like this is a deathmatch or something?"

"I don't want to see my friends fight between each other." She paused as she wiped a tear from her eye, then she continued. "I don't want to see either one of you getting hurt." She placed her head onto his chest as she sniffled.

Trider didn't know what to do. He thought she didn't want him to fight because he might end up greatly injuring one of her closest friends. However when she said she didn't want to see him hurt as well, a warm feeling spread through his body and a smile appeard on his face. His body then moved on instinct, as he wrapped the mare into a hug with one hand and he placed the other on top of her head and began to gently rub it. "Thanks Twi, that's one of the kindest things anyone has ever said to me."

They held each other in the embrace for a little while, until Trider let go of the mare and started to head for the door. "You coming?" he asked the stunned mare.

It took Twilight a moment to break out of her trance, a blush appearing on her face, as sheturned toward the man and folllowed him. "Y-yeah, coming."

They walked out of the library and headed towards Sweet Apple Acres where the match will take place. While they walked Twilight continously looked over to her roommate. Her thoughts went back to the moment in the library, that happened just a few minutes ago, as a warm sensation made presence in her chest. "He felt so warm." she thought. "I wish he would do that more often."


When they arrived the rest of their friends were already waiting as well as the Apple family and a few other townfolk. When they got close enough everypony looked in their direction and Applejack made her way through them. The two stopped when the cow-mare stood in front of the them. The earth pony looked into Triders eyes as she spoke up. "Guess yer doin this then?"

"Eeeyup."

She closed her eyes as she took a deep breath. "Try not to hurt each other too much, ya hear." she said as she placed her hand onto his shoulder.

"No promises." he said as he grabbed her hand and gave her one last nod, before he headed towards Rainbow Dash.

He approached the rainbow mare, until he was about thirty feet away. "Hope you're ready to eat my fist wolf-colt." she threatened.

Trider just cracked his knuckles and grinned. "I ain't no pony you rainbow cunt and you won't be so cocky once I shove my foot up your ass."

The two glared at each other, ready to tear the other apart. While they were throwing insults, Spike and Twilight approached the two. The mares horn glowed and a magical barrier enveloped a large area around the two fighters. Satisfied she nodded to her assistant, as he got close to the wall and took in a deep breath. "Mares and gentlecolt." he bellowed. "Today we will witness a fight between our local daredevil Rainbow Dash." Upon calling her name the crowd cheered out, some even whistling. "And the newest addition to Ponyville, from a whole other planet Trider." Unlike Rainbow, he didn't recieve that much cheering, in fact some even booed him.

"Speciests." he thought.

After the cheering died out the drake raised his voice once again as he continued. "As per previous arrangement Rainbow Dash is forbbiden from flying, while Trider can't use his Ki and his trasnformations. This fight will end when either one of the fighters gives up or is no longer able to fight, otherwise all is fair." He took a pause as he looked at the two. "Are you guys ready?"

They both raised their arms and got into their fighting stances. "Ready!" they said in sync.

Spike raised his arm as he looked between the two with worry. He pushed those thoughts out of his head as he concentrated at his task at hand. He then quickly swung his arms downwards. "Begin!"

Rainbow immediatelly charged at Trider, hoping she would land the first hit. The man however saw this coming, as he sidestepped to dodge her attack. He then tried to punish the mare for her rash assault, by kicking her directly in the gut. The pegasus brought her arms to her stomach and blocked the kick, which sent her to the ground. Quickly she got up and jumped away, just as Trider brought his fist down onto where she was just a moment ago.

The two distanced themselves from each other, as they both got ready for another clash.

"Damn he's strong." Rainbow thought as pain flared up in her arms. "Can't take too many of those, otherwise I might be in real trouble."

At the same time Trider looked at his arms and then at the mare. "Guess her boasting about being the fastest, wasn't just her being cocky. I have to slow her down somehow, if I want to land a good hit."

Meanwhile the crowd watched in awe at the clash that happened. They started to talk amongst themselves, trying to figure out who the winner will be.

"I can't believe they are actually doing this." said Rarity as she watched her friends go at it. "Although I want Rainbow to win, I just can't imagine her beating him, when he easily defeated all of us by himself."

"I hear ya Rares, this match is as good as over." Applejack agreed.

"Not necessarily." Spike decided to voice his own thoughts.

"Whatever do you mean Spike? You don't know how strong Trider is, you weren't there when we fought him."

"No I wasn't, but remember I am currently training under him and I've seen what he can do." The mares realized he probably knew more about how strong Trider is than anypony else, so they let him continue. "The reason he beat you all was because he used his Feral Unleashing, which increases his strengh and speed tremendously, but for this fight he chose not to use it, as well as his Ki techniques. In exchange however he made Rainbow promise to not use her wings to fly, as she would have a huge advantage if she did." He crossed his arms as he looked at his two friends in the ring. "Trider is still stronger than her, but Rainbow is faster, so this fight won't be decided so quickly."

The mares stared at him in awe at the analysis he just made, abou the fight. "Wow Spike. You really have changed a bit since you started training haven't you?" Twilight praised her drake friend.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his head. "Awww geez Twilight I haven't rea-"

He was cut off as a giant mass of pink jumped from behind the group, startling everypony nearby. Pinkie was wearing a cheerleader outfit, with rainbow pompoms and was jumping around cheering. "Rainbow, Rainbow she our mare if she can't do it no one can." Suddenly she dropped the pom poms and pulled a giant foam finger out of her mane which read '#1 wolf'. "Go Trider, go, go. Go Trider, go, go." She continued to exchange the finger with pompoms and vice versa, while chanting once for the pegasus, then for the Kanisar.

Her friends looked at her confused, trying to figure out what she was doing. "Pinkie darling, what in the name of sweet Celestia are you doing?" asked Rarity.

Pinkie stopped her cheering to adress her friend. "Cheering, duh." she said as it was the most obvious thing in the world. "I'm trying to cheer my friends on, so they can do their best."

"We see that, but why are ya cheerin fer both of 'em?"

A saddened expression crossed the pink mares face as her mane slightly deflated. "Because they're both my friends and I don't want to see either one of them sad or hurt, so I'm cheering for both of them."

The girls looked at each other, as what their friend sank in. They then joined Pinkie in cheering for both of their friends, making Trider and Rainbow look at them with bemused expressions.

"They are a bunch of idiots ain't they?" he asked the mare, earning a chuckle from her.

"Yeah, but they are my idiots." Her expression then hardened and she tensed her body. "And I won't let anyone hurt them."

"Neither will I."

The two locked their eyes, as they once again lunged at each other their fists connecting. Rainbow then dropped to the ground and did a swipe kick to knock him to the ground. Trider however simply jumped over her leg and got ready to retaliate. The mare suddenly planted her hands onto the ground and bucked her legs at the mans stomach. With no way to dodge, the Kanisar took the full blow. The pegasus smirked at her successfull attack, but it quickly vanished as Trider grabbed her legs and threw her into the barrier. Her back connected with the wall with a loud thud and she fell onto the ground. She groaned as she got up, but didn't have the chance to fully stand as the Kanisar was already by her. She could only watch as a fist connected with her face and she was sent flying through the air. Despite the blow Rainbow managed to correct herself midair and land on her hooves.

Trider smirked as he saw her prepare for another assault. "You're quite good." He then charged her, his arm extended. "But not good enough."

Rainbow could only block the barrage of fists that connected with her. She was slowly being pushed backwards towards the wall and she knew that once he pins her, he will win. Her arms were slowly starting to give in due to the amount of powerful attacks she had to defend herself against. When the man reared his arm to deliver another punch, the mare quickly spun around and deflected his arm with one of her wings. A sharp pain went through Triders forearm and he saw droplets of blood flying through the air. Distracted by the turn of events, he didn't notice Rainbow finishing her spin to deliver a powerful kick directly into his chest. As air left his lungs, he was flung to the ground, a couple of feet away from the pegasus.

He slowly picked himself up, but instead of worrying about his chest he looked at his arm. A long gash was present and blood flowed out of it. He looked towards the mare and saw her wing tips were coated in small amount of his blood. "So it's true what I read. Pegasi can make their feathers as sharp as knives if they concentrate their magic into them."

Ranibow was gasping for air, as she and Trider were slowly starting to get exhausted. "Don't you dare say that I'm cheating or anything, cause you only said that I can't use my wings to fly. You didn't say anything about using them to fight you."

"Fair enough." Saying that Trider began to think over how he will bring the mare down. "Those wings are my first priority, I have to take them out. But that will be difficult as seeing she can use them as well as she can use her arms. Plus their reach is greater than mine is." He mulled over everything before he came to a conclusion. "Alright, might as well do it."

With a loud scream he dashed at the mare, but she was expecting him. When he got close she sprouted her wings and slashed at the man. He doged her initial attack, but was still hit by the second, leaving a small cut in his thigh. Not giving up he charged her again, this time however when Rainbow brought her wings onto him he successfully dodged them both and grabbed her wings by the part where there were no feathers, only muscles. Having her in his clutches he smiled thinking he had the upper hand, but he forgot Rainbow could still use her arms to attack him. She delivered blow after blow to his stomach and face, leaving him badly bruised, until he let go. When he did she kicked him in the jaw sending him flying backwards. He landed on his back, with a loud thud. Slowly he raised his upper torso and massaged his bruised jaw. Then he spit and a tooth flew out of his mouth, along with a small amount of blood.

"Now I'm angry." he said as he stood up and wiped the blood away.

Without warning he jumped at Rainbow, deciding he should try aerial assault. The mare leaped out of his attack and turned towards him. Trider quickly closed the distance between the two and Rainbow thrusted her wings forward, expecting to slah the Kanisar some more. The man however quickly dove to the ground and he slipped between the mares legs getting behind her. The pegasus realized too late what his intentions were, as he was already rearing his arms to strike her in the back and she had no time to avoid it. Thinking quickly she brought her wings back and tried to make him back off by slashing at him. Trider however didn't stop, instead he blocked both of her wings with one of his hands and with the other he struck her directly between her wings. However he didn't stop at just one punch as he deliverd one after the other. Eventually Rainbow managed to get away from him her back now hurting like hell.

"Is that all you've got dog meat? Even Granny Smith could punch harder than you." she taunted the man, whose hand was now dangling at his side, bleeding badly. "You won't be able to fight for much longer, not with that arm, so it's time to finish this." She tried to lift her wings for her assault, but they didn't respond. She tried again and again, but her wings just didn't listen to her. "What did you do to my wings?" she screamed at him.

Trider smirked as he took off his shirt and wrapped it around his injured arm to stop the bleeding. "I simply disabled your wings. You see in this book that I read about pegasi anatomy, it clearly said that there is a way to disable pegasus wings by striking a specific point between the wings. Once you hit it the wings will no longer respond to the pegasus commands and be only dead weight to them." Once he was done wrapping it up he grinned at the mare. "Though I could of done something about them sooner and save myself the trouble of bandaging my arm."

Rainbow looked at him confused, as she didn't know what he was talking about. "What do you mean sooner?"

"Remember that time I grabbed your wings by the base." She nodded and when she did, trider picked up a small stone from the ground and held it in his hand. He then began to squeeze it until it cracked and turned to small pile of rubble. "I could of easily crushed your wings at that moment."

The pegasus gulped at the thought of him actually doing so. "Then why didn't you?" she asked in curiosity. "You could of easily won if you did that as I would've been writhing in agony."

Trider closed his eyes as he sighed. "Because you probably would never be able to fly ever again." The statement shocked the mare as she let him to continue. "I read that the bones in the wings are tough, but should they be broken it would take considerable time to heal, but should the muscles be crushed as well, then there would be no other option than to cut them off." Rainbow looked at her wings as the thought of never being able to fly crossed her mind. Trider took a step forward as he spoke. "You are wary of me because of what happened when we first met and from what I told you about my kind," he stopped as he rubbed his head. "but let me tell you this. I would never hurt anyone out of pure pleasure, only if you make me really angry or if you hurt those that are close to me. And despite everything that happened between us, I would never do something like take a part of you away, just to teach you a lesson. You might not be my friend, but you're my friends friend"

The words sank into Rainbows mind as she realized he wasn't so bad as she made him up to be. She looked at the ground, as she rubbed one of her arms. "You're right. I'm sorry for how I was treating you and I'm sorry for hurting you when we first met."

The Kanisar smiled at the sincerity of her apology. "You're forgiven RD." His eyes narrowed as he lowered his stance. "Now stop moping and lets finish this."

The mare as well as all of the ponies looked at him confused. "Why? Didn't we just make up? I thought we only fought so we could get things straightened out?"

"We did, however once a Kanisar starts a fight he finishes it." A grin grew on his face. "Or do you really want to try out that dress Rarity made for you?"

Remembering their bet Rainbow got ready to continue the fight. "Bring it on big guy."

The two clashed once more, but this time it didn't feel like a fight to the death, but instead like a match between two friends.


After an hour the two fighters were being treated at the Ponyville hospital, the match ending in a draw. They were staying in the same room and their friends already left to go back to what they had to do. Trider and Rainbow looked at each other as a grin grew on both of their faces.

"I still can't believe it ended in a draw." The mare said to her companion and he just nodded. "Next time though, I will kick your ass all the way back to your planet."

"As much as I would appreciate that, it's not gonna happen." he rebutted. "Though I will be waiting for when we can have a reamtch."

"Good." said the mare. She then looked at him a little worried. "Abou the bet, since it was a draw-"

"Nope, you still have to go to Raritys and before you say why, I have already held up to my end of the bet as I forgave you, so now it's your turn."

The pegasus mare sighed as she facepalmed. "Ah fuck me in the ass."

"Would love to, but I am currently bedridden."

She gave him a deadpanned look as he began to laugh. She soon followed and the room was filled with the laughter of what others would consider as two good friends.

"You're a prick."

"And you're a cunt."

Author's Note:

And that makes everyone. This chapter was fun to write, compared to the last one.
We are slowly approaching the Canterlot Wedding and the inevitable fight between the queen and our 'hero'. Just a couple more chapters and the first arc will be finished.
Like always comment on how you liked it and if there are any mistakes that I made.
Until next time.

PreviousChapters Next