• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 10,683 Views, 574 Comments

The Tale Of A Lost Wolf - Solaris Night



While preforming a new spell, Twilight accidentally summons a being, unlike anypony has ever seen, to Equestria. Can she and the rest of the girls befriend him and teach him the values of friendship?

  • ...
61
 574
 10,683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: The Morning After; The Alien Is Trying To Take Our Jobs

It was another beautiful morning in the small town of Ponyville. Everypony was happy and smiling. Well, almost everypony.

"Aughhhhhh. Would someone turn off the fucking Sun?" wailed Trider as he covered his face with a pillow. He was having the worst headache and the sunlight that shone through the window made it even worse. Eventually though he got out of the bed and slowly made his way to the bedroom door. When he opened the door, it squeaked and it made the man drop on his knees. "Ahhhh." he shouted but quickly stopped as it made his headache worse and it made it ring in his ears. "I feel like crap." he whispered. "Da fuck happened last night? I can't remember anything, since Pinkie gave me some of her cake." He stood up and went to the mirror in his room to look at himself. What he saw made him cringe. He had bags under his bloodshot eyes and he was pale enough to give Rarity a run for her money. His hair was so messy he actually considered combing it for the first time in his life, but what was worse, his beautiful tail was almost as bad.

"I better get a good explanation of what happened to me or I swear to whatever deity that chose to watch over me, that I will shank someone."

Once done looking himself over, he headed downstairs and into the kitchen. Weirdly enough he couldn't smell anything until he was in the kitchen itself. Like always Spike was there preparing his morning meal. He made as little noise as he could so that he didn't stimulate his headache. When he pulled out a chair to take a seat Spike finally noticed him and turned away from th stove to greet him.

"Hey there Trider, didn't see-" he was was cut off as the Kanisar put a finger to his mouth and shushed him. He masaged his head before he replied in a whisper.

"Spike buddy, can you please keep it down, I am having the worst fucking headache. It feels like a bunch of rhinos got together to practice step dancing inside my head."

Spike looked at the man with pity. "Well you certainly look the part. It's like you went eight rounds with a manticore and then three more with Rarity." Trider nodded and put his head on the table. "Want me to make you some toast and eggs?" asked the drake.

"Please and thank you."

In that moment twilight walked into the room, yawning and stretching her arms. "Good morning everypony." she said in a happy tone. Unfortunately it was also very loud. Trider grabbed his ears and began to make crying noises.

"Please make it stop." he whimpered.

Twilight looked at him, already realizing what was wrong. "Do you have a headache trider?" she asked him. The Kanisar nodded and Twilight got a small grin. "Do you want me to use a spell to make the pain go away?"

Trider focused his attention at the mare. He looked at her like a small puppy would at their master when they didn't give them attention. "Please." the way he said it and how he looked, when he said it, made the mares heart skip a beat. She blushed and casted her spell. A lavender aura surrounded Triders head and immediatelly the headache was gone, but he still felt tired like hell.

A sigh of relief left his mouth and he gave the mare a big smile. "Twilight, you are the best friend someone could have." He stepped over to her and hugged her. "I could just kiss you right now." If Twilight wasn't blushing before, she certainly was now.

She cleared her throat and gently nudged him. "Ummm, I am all for hugs and such, but this is kind of awkward." Trider let go of her just enough so he could look her in the eyes.

"Why? Am I that bad of a hugger?" he tilted his head one of his ears folding in the process.

"I-It's not that." She tried to compose herself and continued. "It's just that you're not wearing anything right now."

Trider let go of the mare so he could look at himself and true to her words he was lacking any clothes besides his boxer. He raised a brow at Twilight. "So?" he asked. "Is there a rule I should be wearing clothes when I show affection to someone, for helping me?"

The unicorn wanted to tell him why it would be considered kind of wrong, until she realized who she was talking to. This man had almost no sense of shame. One time he forgot to take a towel with him to the bathroom and he ended up walking butt naked to the library room just to ask her if there were any spare ones. Luckily they were alone at the time, but it didn't help the mare, as the vision of him in the nude etched itself into her mind.

She sighed as they both sat back down into their chairs. "I'm just glad you don't walk around town without any clothes.""

The statement made Trider glare at the mare. "What is that supposed to mean?"

She gave him an 'are you kidding me' look as she spoke. "You walk around the library almost bare naked everyday and you ask me why I think you would do something like that in public."

"Ok, just because I like to feel comfortable in my home doesn't mean I'll go out into Ponyville and flash myself at the passerbys." The mare gave him a skeptical look doubting what he said. "Besides aren't you glad you are the only one who gets to enjoy a private show." A giant smirk spread across his face, when Twilight began to blush again. "C'mon you know you like it."

A book, Twilight was carrying with her, suddenly hit him in the face and he fell out of his chair. She huffed and focused on the plate in front of her, that Spike brought to the table. "That wasn't a no." Trider said from the floor.

"Can't we talk about something else?" she asked as the man got back in his chair.

Trider pick up his fork, reday to dig in. "Actually do you know what happened last night, cuz all I can remember is eating Pinkies cake then nothing."

Twilight swallowed her bite and locked eyes with him. "You really can't remember anything?" she asked. Trider took a bite out of his toast and shook his head. Twilight looked at her glass of water and took a sip. "You got drunk last night, got out of control and wrecked the party."

Trider stared at her, with full mouth. "Noh whay!" He downed the food with some water. "I can't get drunk. The amount I drank last night wasn't even close to what I usually consumed when we had a party back home."

Twilight put the fork down as she placed her head on her hands. "It wasn't the drinks that got you drunk, but the cake Pinkie gave you." Trider looked away from his plate and looked at the mare in shock. He wanted to say something, but she stopped him. "And before you get all angry, let me explain something. It wasn't Pinkies fault. None of us knew you would react like that to the cake, or to be more specific the chocolate." Once she was certain he calmed down she continued. "When you ate a small piece of the cake, you suddenly started to experience great pain, you also began to breath heavily and cough uncontrollaby. Soon you collapsed and fainted, afterwards however you got up and were downright drunk. Then you picked a fight with a stallion and began to blast at the poor guy."

Trider wanted to bury his head into the ground. "So I guess what I felt this morning was the hangover?" The mare nodded in conformation. "So that what it felt like." he rubbed his forehead and sighed. "I'm not touching any chocolate ever again, I don't think I can survive another hangover like that."

"You shouldn't avoid it just becasue it makes you drunk." Twilight said. He looked at her waiting for an explanation. "The amount you ate last night was small and it almost killed you. If you were to ingest an even bigger amount you would've probably died."

Trider gulped and went back to eating his food. "Well at least nothing else happened."

Twilight smiled awkwardly before she spoke. "Well, while everypony was escaping from the party me and the girls tried to get to you and stop you, but were swept away by the mass. Except for Applejack though." Trider paid her half mind since he guessed they successfully stopped him somehow. "And when she grabbed to stop you, you kissed her."

Triders eyes nearly jumped out of his sockets and he choked on his food. After he cleard his windpipes, he looked at the mare incredulously, hoping he heard wrong. "You're kidding right, there is no way I would've done something like that, even if I was drunk." He looked at her trying to catch any sign she was lying, but was met with a stoic expression. "Aw shit." was all he could say.

Spike laughed at his misfortune and began singing. "Trider and Applejack sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-" He was stopped when Trider slammed his head into his plate, his breakfast all over his face.

Twilight looked at the man with concern as he began to pull at his hair. "Trider are you ok, do you want to talk over this?"

He shook his head and went back to finishing his meal. "No, no. No need for that. I'm fine, it will all blow over eventually." He put another piece of toast in his mouth and swallowed quickly. "Can we change the topic please?" he pleaded, hoping the mare wouldn't dig further into this.

Twilight gave him one more look, before she sighed and spoke. "Well there is one more thing we have to talk about, while we are both here."

"And that is?" he questioned.

Twilight pulled out a local newspaper and opened it up on the job section. "About your job."

Trider just stared at the paper and sighed. "Aw double shit."


Meanwhile at Sweet Apple Acres

Applejack laid in her bed shifting beneath the covers. By now she would be working on the farm, helping Big Mac with applebucking, but she decided to sleep in this morning so she could go to the party last night and still get enough sleep for todays work. But sleep evaded her all night, the memories of what happened with Trider running through her mind. She blushed when she remembered when he kissed her.

"Why didn't ah push him away?" she thought. "Why didn't it feel unpleasant?"

"I always liked cow-girls." That sentence ran through her mind and somehow making her happy.

She shook her head frustrated and got out of bed. "Buck this." she said as she head onto the fields so she could clear her head.


It has been several days since the party and despite what happened most of the ponies in the town forgave Trider for what he did at the party, even the stallion he assaulted accepted his apology. Since then he has been going from place to place trying to get employed. It wasn't going so well.

"I'm back." he shouted wehen he entered the library. Twilight was lying on the couch, reading one of her many books. She looked at him and sighed.

"Let me guess you didn't get it, right." she said in a deadpanned voice.

Trider smiled sheepishly and answered the mare. "Yeah."

"This is the sixth job you applied for and didn't get." She rubbed her temples and took a deep breath. "I don't get it how you can be so bad at all these jobs."

He scowled. "C'mon I'm not that bad."

Twilight closed her book and stood up, slowly waking towards him. "Oh yeah? How about that time when you 'accidentally' spilled hot tea over a customer, just because he tried to ask you to retake his order, after you brought him a wrong one?" she said. "Or when you tried to work as a cashier and punched the manager when he yelled at you for sleeping on the job, which you actually did?" At that point Trider wanted to say something to defend himself, but Twilight continued. "And don't even get me started on your attempt as a postcolt. How do you set a garden fountain on fire?"

"That was just like the foodtruck incident." he thought. "Magic?" The mare just shook her head at his attempt at being humorous. "Look all those jobs weren't made to suit how I do things. I like to fight, I am great at lifting heavy things and I like to stay in motion, otherwise I just fall asleep." He took a deep breath and looked at Twilight. "Isn't there any job that fits those descriptions?"

Twilight thought and came up with an idea. "There is actually." she said. Trider looked at her, hoping it would be something he could handle. "You could her Applejack and her siblings at Sweet Apple Acres, they could always use a hand when it comes to apple harvesting and other farm work."

The Kanisars pupils shrunk at the thought of working the cow-mare. "Nope, no way in hell."

Twilight sighed and rolled her eyes. "C'mon Trider don't be such a foal. You have been avoiding Applejack and the farm, like they were some sort of plague. Can't you just go to her and try to sort things out."

Trider thought back over the past few days. Like Twilight said, he has been avoiding Applejack at every moment he could. And if they would just so happen to walk by each other, they would look the other way and not even say a word to each other. it kind of got on his mind now that he thought about it. He always liked to exchange a word with the mare and listen to some of her stories.

He sighed as he looked at Twilight. "Fine, guess i can try working there."

Twilight smiled and went back to the couch so she could continue her book. "Excelent, I have already told Applejack that you'll be coming tomorrow morning."

Trider gave her an annoyed look. "You planned for this, haven't you?"

The mare grinned, before replying. "Maaaaybe." Trider decided to take a shower after his long day and began to scale the stairs, until Twilight shouted at him. "Oh and you better go to bed early, cause you'llhave to be at Sweet Apple Acres as soon as the sun rises."

Trider took a deep breath. "GODDAMN PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT."


Next morning

Trider was making his way towards the farm, as the sun slowly ascended over the horizon. He didn't want to do this, but he knew he had to. Soon he spotted the sign over the entrance to Sweet Apple Acres. He stopped under it and took a deep breath.

"Okay Trider you can do this." he thought. "Just go in there do the task they give you and also try to talk to Applejack about what happened at the party." With his mind made up he strode up to the barn and the nearby house.

As he got close he spotted, somepony moving around the barn. When he got close he saw it was a stallion Applejack always spoke about. Her big brother Big Mac. And the name suited him. He was nearly as tall Luna and he had so many muscles it made trider look skinny, compared to him. He had a bright red coat with an orange mane and tail. His warderobe was very simple, consisting only of a white T.shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

The Kanisar walked up to the stallion and greeted him. "Hey there, you must be Big Mac. Your sis told me a lot about you. My name is Trider, it's good to meet ya." He presented his hand to shake with the giant. Big Mac looked at him, then gripped his hand in a monstorus grip, but to Trider it felt like a normal one.

"Hiya, it's nice to meet ya too. Mah sis told me a lot about ya too." he said eyes narrowed and a small scowl present.

Trider gave an awkward smile. "Heh heh, hopefully only good things." He cleared his throat and let go of the stallions hand. "Do you know where I can find her. I was supposed to meet with her so we could arrange for me to work here."

Big Mac pointed towards the house. "Ya'll find her in there."

Trider nodded and began to walk towards the house. "Thanks man."

When he reached he knocked on the door. "Comin." he heard a young voice call out. The door was opened by the filly he saved from the Everfree Forest, Apple Bloom he believed was her name. She looked up at their guest and he smiled at her.

"Hey there twerp, is your sis here, I was told to meet her about my job here." he said in a calm voice.

Apple Bloom looked inside the house and shouted. "Sis yer coltfriend arrived." They could hear shuffling and rapid hoofsteps heading towards the door. "She'll be here soon."

Suddenly out of one of the rooms practically ran the flustered mare, stepping to her sister and giving her a stern glare. "I told ya he ain't mah coltfriend, we're jus friends." Her gaze then shifted to the man at the door. "O-Oh h-heya there T-Trider." she stuttered. She cleared her throat, before speaking up again. "Yer here early."

"Y-yeah." he replied and scratched the back of his head.

There was an awkward silence as they just stood there, not saying anything. Apple Bloom then decided to butt in. "Don't ya two have work ta do?"

That got them out of their stupor and they started to go through the door. "Yeah we got a lotta things ta do. If ya would follow me now Trider?"

"S-sure." he stuttered his reply. Apple Bloom just watched the two and shook her head.

The two went over to the barn and collocted multiple baskets and put them into the cart. They headed towards the southern part of the apple orchard and once they arrived they went to work. At first Applejack showed Trider what exactly he had to do and the man immediatelly liked it. All he had to do was punch or kick the trees, to make the apples fal out of them and collect them into the baskets. Once a basket was full, he had to load them into the cart and when the cart was full he had to return to the barn, unload the apples and then head back to the orchard to repeat the process. It was simple, it involved activity and he could punch and kick all he wanted.

However once the tutorial was over, silence fell over the two yet again. They worked like that for several hours, until Trider couldn't take it anymore.

"Applejack listen," he said, gaining the mares attention. "About what happened at the party, I just want to..." he trailed off. The Kanisar took a deep breath and continued. "I just want to say that I'm sorry for what I did and I hope you are not mad at me."

The mare looked him in the eyes, then she spoke up. "Ah ain't mad at ya sugarcube, I'm just... Confused ah guess. Ah wasn't expecting ya to do what ya did." She paused as she collected her thoughts.

Trider decided to speak up. "Look how about we just forget any of that ever happened and just continue to be good friends."

Applejack looked at him confused. "Since when have ya considered me a friend?" she asked the man.

The Kanisar rubbed his neck as he answered. "Since now I guess. If you forgive me for the kiss I'll forgive you for putting me in a hospital." He offered her his hand. "What do you say?"

She looked at him a smile spreading across her face. "Ya got yerself a deal partner." She spit in her hand and shook Triders. When they retracted their hands she had another thing to ask him. "So when are ya gonna forgive the other two?"

Trider shrugged. "When they prove they can be forgiven and not before that."

The mare laughed and they went back to work, conversing and exchanging stories about what happened since the party, late into the day.

Author's Note:

A short one this time. But just because it's short doesn't mean it sucks.
That's not what she said.
Goddamit Pinkie, you just had to do it didn't you?
Yup.
Anyway as always leave a comment on what you thought, if there are any mistakes, if I should change something or if you have any questions.
See you later.

PreviousChapters Next