• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 10,683 Views, 574 Comments

The Tale Of A Lost Wolf - Solaris Night



While preforming a new spell, Twilight accidentally summons a being, unlike anypony has ever seen, to Equestria. Can she and the rest of the girls befriend him and teach him the values of friendship?

  • ...
61
 574
 10,683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 24: Test Your Might Part 1: Painful Passion of Cold Steel

"So what are your expectations for these recruits?" asked Blaze, as he and Green Fortune made their way to the mess hall.

The green stallion pondered for a bit, before he replied. "Not exactly certain, I mean we haven't even seen what they're capable of. Ask me once we evaluate them."

"Alright." the red stallion replied. "As for me, I think these guys might be a cut above the rest, if we train them right."

Green raised a brow as he looked at his friend curiosly. "Really? That is so unlike you. Usually you'd berate them even if they weren't present."

"Maybe you're rubbing off on me Greenie." Blaze snarked. "But while they have promise, they are also undisciplined. That is why they're here, so we can mold them into proper soliders." They reached the doors to the mess hall and stopped in front of them.

"Oh please, they can't be that bad." Green retorted as he opened the door. When they entered the room they were hit with what can only be described as chaos.

The mess hall was a mess, tables and stools were overturned, food spilled everywhere and the walls either had holes or singe marks on them. The recruits meanwhile made a large circle, in the middle of which the alien and a semi-nude stallion were standing. At first glance it seemed that they were in some sort of brawl, but their dialoge made them think otherwise.

"WILL YOU LEAVE ME ALONE YOU FREAK?!" the alien shouted as he dodged the stallions jump.

"And let go of such an unique experience? Not in a million years." the stallion replied as he chased after the alien.

The two drill instructors stood still, taking in the scene that was unfolding in front of them. "Not so bad, eh?" Blaze remarked and gave Green an 'I told you so' look.

"I guess they do need some guidance." the green stallion sighed. "Shall we stop them, before this escalates any further?"

"Why don't you do it? I want to see how 'your way' works on them." Blaze said and pulled out a cigar.

Begrudgingly Green approached the crowd and tried to break in between them, but he wasn't succesful. He tried to call out, but his voice drowned in the cheers and yells from the recruits.

"Having trouble there Greenie?" Blaze asked with a grin.

"Not at all. It's just the matter of approach, that's all." Green countered. He took a few steps back and got into a running position. His hooves were suddenly covered in green sparks and he moved.

No one in the mess hall, beside Blaze, knew what exactly happened. All of a sudden everyone was seated down in the chairs that were put back up, with exception of Whip and Trider, who now laid on the floor with their hands and feet/hooves bound behind their backs.

"What the fuck?" Trider exclaimed, saying what was on everyones mind. Only now did they notice their instructors standing under the door frame, both wearing masseive grins.

"Good, it seems we got your attention." Green said. "Now, might somepony please tell us what happened here?"

"This guy happened." Trider shouted and pointed with his head towards Whip. "This guy was coming onto me, even though I told him I wasn't interested, and when he wouldn't take no for an answer I beat the living shit out of him. But he kept coming back up, sputtering some weird shit, about conveying love through punching and kicking him."

The instructors casted their gaze from the Kanisar towards Whip and everyone else. "Is that true?" he asked. The others nodded. Rubbing the bridge of his nose, Green approached Whip and kneeled down to his level. "Whip Lash, am I correct?"

"Yes sir." Whip answered.

"Look I know everypony has their own way of expressing themselves, but what you did is overdoing it." he began. "There is a line you know? And you crossed it."

"So you're saying I should just stop being who I am?" Whip countered.

"No, no. I'm not saying that at all." Green shook his head. "What I'm trying to say is that it's fine to pursue your desires, but if you cause others harm while doing it, then I'm not fine with it."

Whip pondered over his words and realised he was right. "So what should I do then?" he asked for advice from the older stallion.

"For starters, when they say to leave them alone, do so and try again later." Green suggested with a smile. "If you try to force it all at once they'll come to hate you, but with eventual steps you'll form a lasting relationship. Now I'm not saying it will be a romantic one, but it's better than being hated, am I right?"

"Yes you are right." Whip said and stood up, somehow getting out of his bonds. He grabbed the green stallions hands and looked him in the eyes. "Thank you very much Sir Fortune, now I'm even more determined to claim Triders heart." Saying that he vigorously walked out of the mess hall, still in his bikini briefs.

"There that should keep him off of you for a while." Green said as he released the Kanisar.

Trider however immediatelly stood up and grabbed the hem of the stallions shirt. "Don't fucking screw with me you asshole! You just made it a thousand times worse. Now he won't leave me alone even more."

"True, but at least now he won't be so pushy, right?" Green replied with a shrug. "Besides consider this your punishment for wrecking the mess hall."

"Fucking twat." Trider mumbled and released the stallion. As soon as he did that Green swiped his legs and made the Kanisar drop to the floor. Trider looked at him with a mixture of anger and confusion.

"And that was for insulting your superior. Now do a hundred push ups and then the rest of you can clean up this mess." The other recruits moaned at their unjust punishment and some even cursed the Kanisars and Whips names. "And do it before 9."

"Why 9?" asked one of the recruits.

"You'll see soon enough." Green answered cryptically. Begrudgingly everyone began to clean after the mess Trider and Whip made, while the instructors watched them in amusement.

"I've got to be honest, your way doesn't seem so bad after all." Blaze said with a huge grin. "Though I still prefer my approach."

"To each their own." Green agreed.

***

The cleaning went faster then anyone expected and by 8.20 the recruits and their instructors were walking towards a large domed building. While they were walking Trider approached Green and addressed him.

"Sir Fortune, can I talk to you?" he asked.

"You may." the stallion replied while continuing to walk towards the building.

"What happened in the mess hall, when all of a sudden everyone was sitting in their chairs, while me and Whip tied up, that was your doing, right?"

Green gave him a slightly surprised look, but quickly hid it. "What would make you say that?" he asked innocently.

"Don't bullshit me." Green gave him a hard glare. "S-sir." They walked through the door of the building and were now walking along a long hallway. "In that split second when that happened I caught a glimpse of a green blur that moved faster than the eye could see, and when it was over you were standing above me and Whip."

This time Green couldn't contain his surprise. "You were able to spot me?" he asked astonished. Trider nodded and that made the stallion chuckle. "Not many can keep up with me, once I get serious. You truly have a great talent. How did you manage to do so anyway?"

"I train with this mare named Rainbow Dash and don't tell her I said this, but she is mad fast. Faster than anyone I've ever seen." Trider elaborated to the stallion.

Green closed his eyes, as he mulled over something. "Rainbow Dash?" he murmured. Suddenly a light bulb went off in his head. "Ah yes, I've heard of her from Captain Spitfire. She had high praise for the mare. I even heard she was able to preform a Sonic Rainboom."

"Yeah, though I've never seen it, I heard a lot about it and she seems like the only one who could pull it off." the Kanisar agreed. "Right now she's in the Wonderbolt Academy, trying to become a Wonderbolt recruit herself."

"That's good to hear." Green said with a smile. "We can always use somepony as talented as her."

They continued to walk in silence, but something else was gnawing on Triders mind. "Pardon sir, may ask another question?"

"Go ahead."

"How come you're so fast? I thought pegasi were supposed to be the fast ones and earth ponies the strong ones." he asked.

"That is a common misconception." Green began. "You see, we earth ponies can channel our magic through our bodies better than any other pony race can. Thus we can harden our bones, make ourselves stronger adn even faster. The reason why pegasi are believed to be faster is because tin the air they can fly faster than even me. But once they're grounded they're as fast as anypony else."

"That makes sense." Trider mulled over what the stallion had told him. "I did hear that she and Applejack, an earth pony, were tied in a race before."

"Well there is your answer." Green said with a smile.

"What are we doing here anyway?" Trider asked.

"We're here to test you recruits." Green elaborated.

"Test? what sort of te-" he didn't get to finish, as they all stepped out of the dark hallway and into the light. Once their eyes adjusted the sight before them took their breaths away.

Below them a large field of dirt was streching farther then the building led to believe. The ground was surrounded by high walls, that extended into sitting areas for the watchers. Right now they stood in one of those observation areas.

"What is this?" asked the midnight blue coated pegasus stallion.

"Welcome to the Arena boys." Blaze spoke up with a smirk. Everyones attention was now on him. "This here place is used to hold special events such as tournaments for one. But for today we will be using it as a battleground, to see what you got to show for yourself."

The recruits began to whisper between each other, while Trider could only smile, knowing full well what was about to follow. "That's right." Green decided to take over. "Today you'll each be facing against another recruit so we can see what kind of abilities you have."

This made some of the recruits nervous, thinking they'd have to fight each other. Sensing thier discomfort Green raised his hand. "Don't worry, this isn't the kind of test you get in schools, where if you fail you get a bad grade. No, this is simply to see what you're capable of. There are no winners here."

At that they took a calm breath, their dread disappearing. "Now let me go over the rules." green continued as he pulled out a notepad. "This will be a 1 on 1 battle between two randomly chosen recruits. The combatants are allowed to use any weapon or armor they deem fit, and any kind of magic. Though dark magic, black magic and the sorts is strictly prohibited." Looking over his notepad, he saw that they were still sollowing him, so he decided to continue. "The match is over when one of the combatants is unable to fight anymore, is knocked out or surrenders. Any futher aggression after the defeat will be met with severe reprecautions."

A unicorn with thin rimmed glasses raised his hand. "You said we'll be using any weapon we want. What if by accident one of us gravely wounds another? Do you have any means to prevent that?"

"I'm glad you asked, since I almost skimmed over it." Green said with an awkward laugh. "You have nothing to worry about. The arena is covered in a powerful veil that prevents any lethal attacks to damage the body. It puts the injureds body in sort of coma stasis and paralyzes them. Once that happens we dispense our best medical team and treat them immediatelly." he explained. "And don't worry. Out of thousands of fights that happened here, only one ended with a loss of life."

That last statement made some of the recruits gulp. Seeing as how he had nothing more to tell them he looked at his notepad and ran his finger over it. "Alright, the first ones to battle are... Frost Fire and Whip Lash."

At the mention of their names the two stepped forward. Frost Fire was the orange coated unicorn mare from last night and everyone already knew who Whip was. Although he was disappointed he didn't go first, Trider was still glad he could see what this mare had to offer.

"You two ready?" asked Green the two.

"Yes sir!" they replied in unison.

"Very well, then step on those platforms and they should teleport you down. You can start your duel once you have been given the all clear. Got it."

"Yes sir!" they again replied.

"Good. Now show us what you two are made of." Green said. Without a word the two walked to their respective platform and were immediatelly teleported on the opposite sides of the arena.

"I would prefer if it was a stallion who'd be fighting me, I guess I'll make due with you." Whip spoke up as the two prepared for the fight.

Frost gave him a cold glare as she summoned her weapon, a katana. "Are you saying you'd rather fight a stallion, since I'm just a mare." she said in a cold tone and raised her weapon. "I'll show you exactly what a mare can do."

"No, no, no. You misunderstand cheri. As you may have already figured out, I am very fond of those of the same sex as me." he said and threw a wink at the Kanisar, which made him shiver. "I'm not saying you're weak or defenceless. I'm just saying I'd rather receive the love blows from a handsome stallion than a mare." At that exact moment every male in the observation area sighed in relief, glad it wasn't them who was facing him.

Whip then snapped his fingers and one of the earrings in his ears glowed and transformed into a black whip. He gave a few test swings, each elicting a loud pop. Satisfied he lowered his arm and the whip with it. "But like I stated before cheri, I am a stallion of many virtues, and I'll gladly accept your love as well." Frost scoffed and got into a battle stance.

"You ready?" Blaze shouted from up above. The mare nodded, while Whip gave a thumbs up. "Begin!"

As soon as the command was uttered Frost charged at the stallion, closing the distance between the two in couple of seconds. Whip however didn't even flicnh as he grabbed his whip by its hadle and thong and blocked the mares downward slash. Not giving up the mare withdrew her sword and tried for another attack, this time at his gut.

The stallion however spun around and dodged her attack. Frost tried to stab him again, but this time Whip fought back. When her blade clashed with his whip again, he twisted it around the sword trappin it in its grasp. The mare tried to pull it back, but the stallion was stronger. Before she could retaliate, he delivered a strong kick into her gut, making her let go of the sword and drop to the ground.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Whip shook his head. "I was honsetly expecting more." he taunted and grabbed the katana with his other hand. "You are now without your weapon. Want to surrender this one cheri?"

The mare gave him no answer as her horn glowed. All of a sudden a large qiang appeared in her hands. Quickly thrusting it forward she caught the stallion off guard, so he had little time to retaliate. The spear missed him, but it still hit enough to leave a large gash in the side of his torso. Quickly jumping away to gain some distance, he grabbed his side and saw the blood that was puring out of it.

He looked at the mare who stood back up and was now carrying her new weapon. "You had another?" he asked in disbelief.

"I have many more." she said and her weapon glowed, changing into a longsword. "I currently hold over one hundred pieces of weaponry in my arsenal and I can summon them to me at any time I want."

After hearing that Whip began to chuckle and he got back into his fighting stance. "Well I'll be damned. You are full of surprises cheri." A sharp pain ran thorugh his side and stumbled for a bit.

The mare smirked at him. "What's wrong? Aren't you supposed to be a masochist?"

"Oh, I am. It's just that since you're a mare I can't feel the same kind of ecstasy, I get when a brutish male does what he pleases to me." The thought made him shiver slightly. "But I still feel your love and compassion behind your attacks, and as a stallion it is my job to return those feelings."

With a quick jerk of his wrist he swung his whip in an arc. A strand of light traveled across the whip and when it reached its end, it separated from the weapon. "Energy Line." Whip exclaimed, as he shot the energy directly at the mare.

Frost tried to blocke it with her sword, but the impact was so strong she was sent flying. While still in mid-air, Whip wrapped his whip over one of her arms and tossed her in an arc over himself directly into the ground.

Expecting to see the mare kiss the ground he smiled. But that smile faltered when he saw a shield cover the mare. Instead of hitting the floor, Frost simply bounced off it and landed on her feet. "How do you like my Blade Wall?" she asked as she slowly walked towards the stallion.

Whip said nothing, as he struck her shield with his whip. He repeated the action over and over until the shield broke. Smiling at his succes, he swung the whip around, trying not to give the mare any breathing room. However instead of an angry scowly the mare too smiled. Whip realised too late that he was set up.

The shards of the shield didn't fall onto the ground or disappeared, instead they floated in mid-air. Frost then lifted her left arm and pointed her index finger at the stallion who was still in mid-attack. "Blade Wall Barrage." she said and the pieces shot towards the stallion at incredible speed. He didn't have time to block or dodge, so he took it in full. The pieces cut across his entire body, leaving numerous cuts behind.

Once the barrage had ended he fell onto his knees, his body now completely covered in blood. Frost smirked. "i guess this is my victory."

But she had no time to celebrate, as all of a sudden a vine like tendril broke out of the ground and wrapped itself around her waist. Before she could comprehend what was happening, the tendril glowed golden and she was struck with a jolt of lightning. She screamed in pain and once the surge stopped she too fell to her knees.

"What is this?" she asked. Her gaze fell onto the stallion who was still kneeling in his place, the whip still alying on the ground when he had dropped it. But then her eyes fell onto his other hand and saw another handle in it. "Y-you had another one?" she said weakly.

"Of course cheri. You're not the only one who has more than one weapon." he said with a grin. He then tightened the grip on the handle and spikes began to run across the thong of the whip. Frosts eyes widened when she realised what he intended to do with her. With all of her might she swung her sword and struck the whip, creating a wide enough space for her to escape, before she became swiss cheese.

Paniting she looked toward her opponent, who was now standing as well. "You truly are a masochist, if you still want to continue this." she spat and got into a fighting stance.

"Then you're calling yourself one as well, you know?" Whip retorted. Without any further word Frost charged at him, while conjuring up a shield along her longsword. Whip on the other hand swung both of his whips at her, hoping to stop her attack.

Frost however successfully parried every one of his attacks and was quickly closing the distance. She knew that once she was close enough she would have the advantage, since he was more of a long ranged fighter, while she was better at close quarters combat.

It seemed Whip realised that as well and he did his best to keep her away. Eventually Frosts advancement was halted as Whip proved to be a master with his weapon. So Frost decided on a different approach.

As she parried another attack she jumped into the air and disspelled her sword and shield, instead she summoned a large bow and a quiver. Quickly loading arrow after arrow, she sent a hail of deadly amunition at the stallion who had small trouble keeping up wth the small projectiles. When she was certain he was too preoccupied with the current assault, she reached for a special arrow and fired it.

As it was flying it exploded in mid-air and out of one arrow hundreds more flew. Realising he was in trouble, Whip twirled his whips so fast that he was able to block every arrow. But Frost wasn't finished. When she landed she summoned her Blade Wall and broke it off, once again sending the shards at the stallion.

Whip this time however was prepared for it. He began to spin the two whips around himself, creating an impenetrable wall. "Twirling Barricade." he said as he gracefully defended against Frosts attack. When all the shards hit the blockade he dropped it and looked at his enemy. But she was nowhere in sight. He realised too late that she took the advantage of him not being able to see her while he was using Twirling Barricade.

Suddenly a sharp pain raced across his back. Frost now standing behind him slashed her sword and created a large gash from his shoulders to his waist. Whip cried out in pain and he tried to turn around to fight back, but Frost didn't want any of that. Quickly she changed her weapon to an iron staff and began to wail on the stallion. Each hit struck Whip with tremendous force. Eventually though Frost stopped her assault and let the stallion bleeding on the floor.

"And stay down." she growled and began to walk away. After a few steps she heard the sound of something dragging across the ground. When she looked back she saw that Whip was slowly picking himself up. "You don't give up do you?" she slowly walked back to him and raised her staff over him. "I said, stay down!" She swung the staff downwards, determined to finish this fight.

She didn't know what happened next, except she was flying through the air. When she landed on the ground she quickly picked herself up and looked at the stallion with confusion. He stood there silent, her iron staff in his grip. "What?" she muttered as she continued to look at the stallion in both confusion and fear. She knew something wasn't right.

Then without warning Whip grabbed the staff with both of his hands and snapped in half, like it was a twig. Frost looked at him with wide eyes the feeling of fear growing stronger.

"Wonderful." Whip muttered inder his breath. "That was simply wonderful! The way you beat me to a pulp. I could tell you weren't holding back. I felt your love and passion in every swing you made. If you weren't a mare, I'd ask you out on a date." His statement made the mare even more confused. "Merci beaucoup cheri, for making this a memorable fight."

"Wha-? How?" Frost stammered unable to comprehend what was happening. "What happened to you? How are you so strong all of a sudden?"

"Oh pardon me cheri, let me explain." he said as he wiped some blood from his mouth. "You see I have a unique magic that allows me to convert my pain into strength. So to put it simply, the more you hurt me-"

"The stronger you get." Frost finished for him, realising how fucked she was.

"Exactly." Whip said with a small applaud. "And while I'd enjoy in being loved by you more, I'm afraid my lust for victory is greater than my lust for pain." He said and summoned back his whips. "Au revoir cheri."

She expected him to swing his whips at him, but instead they coiled around his fists, creating makeshift boxing gloves. She tried to summon a weapon to fight back, but Whip was too fast with his increased strength. He delivered blow after blow at the mare. Eventually he stopped and the mare didn't have any strength to even stand. Her eyes closed as she fell onto the ground.

"This match is over!" Blaze yelled out. Everyone cheered and applauded as Whip bowed like an actor would. His eyes then caught Trider looking at him with and he blew a kiss towards him.

The Kanisar turned around no longer wanting to look at his stalker. "Although he's a creep, he is quite strong." he thought. He then looked over other recruits, a smile growing on his face. "I wonder who'll be my opponent?"

Author's Note:

Forgot to mention this last time, but in the last chapter we have started a new arc, so that means a new theme song is needed. And I chose Papa Roach - Warriors.
A little thing I want to mention. At first I wanted to write one longer chapter, which included all the fights I wanted to do, but decided I'd rather give you one fight and then have you crawling to me for more. Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Honestly though, I have a really packed week, so I don't know when I'll find time to write another chapter, so I decided to make a multi parter.
Bonus: Excpect a little surprise from me in the future.

PreviousChapters Next