• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 10,683 Views, 574 Comments

The Tale Of A Lost Wolf - Solaris Night



While preforming a new spell, Twilight accidentally summons a being, unlike anypony has ever seen, to Equestria. Can she and the rest of the girls befriend him and teach him the values of friendship?

  • ...
61
 574
 10,683

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32: Meanwhile...

"You are lucky Celestia is so forgiving, otherwise your butt would be freezing it's buns off in the Canterlot dungeons." For about an hour now, Trider was forced to sit down and listen to Twilight and her scolding. The mare paced back and forth, much to the Kanisar's chagrin. "I mean, where in Tartarus did an idea like that come from? And how did you even end up together with Discord of all ponies?" Before he could reply she raised her hand and shook her head. "Don't even answer that. I can imagine what happened."

"If I can-"

"No!" she stopped him and glared at him. "What did I say? You can only speak when I say so. Got it?" she exclaimed. Trider slowly nodded his head and let her continue. "Do you know how worried I was? You disappear all of a sudden and as we look for you I get a letter from Celestia, telling me that you turned the castle into jell-o, transformed guard's armor into clown costumes and made it so that everytime somepony took a step it made a fart noise."

A grin stretched across the Kanisar's face as Twilight counted off all of his pranks, which the furious mare noticed. "Don't make that 'I'm so proud of myself' face when I'm scolding you. You should feel ashamed." Her voice rose in volume with each word and it made Trider wince. After a few minutes of deep breathing, the mare calmed down and she crossed her arms across her chest. "Now then do you have anything to say for yourself?" she asked, keeping her angry glare on the Kanisar.

"You're cute when you're angry." The response made Twilight blush and she didn't know how to react.

"Wha... Why... You..." A sigh escaped her lips and she rubbed the bridge of her muzzle. "How am I supposed to react to that?" she mumbled, before looking back at Trider, who was looking at her with his dark eyes. She dropped her head and sighed again. "Fine. I'll let it slide this time."

"Thanks Twi." Trider said and stood up, flashing her a toothy smile. The action made her heart skip a beat and she blushed even harder.

"How do you always manage to get yourself out of trouble like this?" she said, her glare now gone.

"It's cause you love me." Trider said jokingly.

"You have no idea." she said under her breath, so Trider couldn't hear.

"You said something?" Trider asked, looking at her curiously.

"No, no." the mare shook her head. "However, I want you to promise me that you won't cause any more problems to other ponies."

Trider raised his hand, before he swore. "It's a scouts promise." he said with determination. Happy with his response, Twilight decided to let him go.

All of a sudden a bright flash illuminated the inside of the library and Discord stood in the middle of the room, standing in between the two, facing trider.

"Oh good, I see you're done with your punishment as well." he said, shooting the Kanisar a sinister smirk. "That means we can proceed with Operation Gesundheit. However I was thinking we could switch the goats with pigs, since they won't freeze when spooked. What do you think?"

When he looked at Trider he could only see fear in his eyes and only when he turned his head did he realise why. Twilight was looking at the two with a smile. However that smile hid a storm, which threatened to consume the two.

"Hello there Princess, I didn't realise you were still here." Discord said, sweat starting to fall down his face.

"Trider mind explaining to me what you were planning on doing?" she asked with a calm expression.

"Eh-heh. Would it help if I said I was never in the scouts?" he responded and smiled. He soon realised that was the wrong answer. Without any warning Twilight's mane and tail caught fire and her coat became white.

"TRIDER LYKOSGROTHIA WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH YOU, YOU'LL KNOW THE TRUE MEANING OF PUNISHMENT!!!" she shouted, her voice shattering all the glass in the house and nearby homes. On that day Trider learned how terrifying the mare could really be.

"In the mean time, while Twilight is busy ripping Trider a new one,"

"GET YOUR ASS BACK HERE!!!"

"HELP!!!"

"Let us shift our focus to something a bit more relevant." Discord said to no one. He then turned around and shouted. "Run Trider, run!"

***

Meanwhile

The lights shone from the camp, in which the guards who looked over the Badlands were stationed. Everyone was in a cheerful mood, after a completed mission.

"And right as the bastard was about to draw his dagger, Gilded drops from the sky and nails him in the ground." a mare said and the others, who were listening to her story, all bursted out in laughter. Most of the guards were either drinking or chatting with one another or were listening about the recent successful apprehension of a band of bandits.

That is with the exception of a lone mare. Frost was sitting beside a barrack and was currently doing some work on her armor. As she concentrated on her attire, she failed to notice a stallion approaching her.

"Hey there." he greeted, making the mare look away from her work. "What's a beauty like you doing here all by herself?" he asked and sat down next to her.

"None of your business." the mare responded icily.

"Oh come on, I just wanted to chat. Is that so wrong?" he said with a hurt expression. Frost sighed and said nothing, instead she focused back on her armor. The stallion looked at it as well and he then whistled. "Are you enhancing your armor with runes?" he asked.

"Yes. Runes are sort of my speciality." she said without averting her gaze.

The stallion looked at the armor for a few more moments, before looking back at her. A perplexed expression fell onto his face and he began to think about something.

"Say I don't think I've ever seen you round here. Are you one of the new recruits?"

"Yes, the name's Frost Fire."

"Nice to meet you Frost, I'm Corporal Crusher." he introduced himself. "So Frost, can you tell me why you're not enjoying the party with the others?"

"Cause I'm not the type to celebrate for such pathetic reasons." she stated bluntly. "Besides I doubt I'd be welcomed. I'm not exactly popular with other guards."

"How come?"

"Let's just say that I sort of pissed off a bunch of ponies when I reported them for sneaking into a nearby town." she said.

"Wait, that was you?" he asked, not believing her. She responded by nodding and Crusher shook his head. "Goddessdamn, you weren't kidding when you said that you weren't popular." he laughed. The stallion then scooted closer to her and put a hand on her shoulder and began to massage it. The action made Frost flinch and she gave him an angry glare.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

The stallion continued his ministrations as he answered her. "I'm just comforting you. It must be tough to have everypony look down on you. So what do you say you and me go somewhere and have fun of our own?"

His hands began to slowly drift downwards and before they could reach her midriff, she pushed him away. "No." she said sternly. "I don't need your 'comforting', as you call it. So either leave me alone and go fuck yourself or I will shove my fist so far up your ass that everypony will think you're an ugly puppet."

She quickly stood up and was about to leave, but Crusher grabbed her hand and stopped her in her tracks. "I see I'll have to take on a different approach then." he said as he stood up as well and he looked down at the mare. "As a senior officer I order you to come with me and help me relieve some pent up stress or else."

"You think that just because of your rank I'll do what you say? You're either very brave or very stupid." she said and began to struggle against his grip. Crusher however much stronger than her and he squeezed her even harder, making her yelp in pain.

"You think you have any other choice? If you resist me I can have you court marshalled, for assaulting your superior."

"You think they'll believe you? That I attacked you without provocation?" she countered.

A sinister grin stretched across the stallion's face and it made Frost feel nervous. "Then let me ask you, who do you think they'll be more likely to believe? A Corporal who devoted his life in protecting Equestria or a rebellious rookie, who joined the Guard to escape her sentence?"

Frost realised he had her cornered and didn't know what to do. Her ears drooped and she stopped her struggles. "Fine. You win." she said and came closer to the stallion.

"Good choice." he grabbed one of her breasts and began to squeeze it. "Nice. I knew you'd be a great choice." he said to himself. Frost didn't say anything, she simply lowered her hand and began to massage his groin. "Oooh, you're getting frisky. I like it." he said and leaned in to kiss her. But she stopped him and gave him a playful look.

"Can I tell you something before we continue?" she asked, an innocent smile on her face.

"Sure."

"You might think you're bigger and stronger than me and while that might be true, you, just like every other stallion have a very big weakness." she said, before her expression turned threatening. All of a sudden she clutched her hand and squeezed his stallionhood. Crusher screamed in pain and that was about all he could do. Frost continued to grip his groin, as she watched him writhe in pain.

"L-l-let go of my balls." he squeaked out, trying to struggle, but every time he made any movement the mare simply squeezed harder. "I-I-I'll have you put in jail for this." he tried threatening her, but she simply smiled.

"You think I give a damn about it?" she said, earning a look of disbelief from the stallion. "You think you're the first one to try and have their way with me this way? I'm not anypony's whore, so heed my warning." She leaned in closer to his ear and whispered. "Go fuck yourself or I'll make sure you won't fuck anyone ever again."

Saying that she released his dick and began to walk away. Crusher however wasn't about to let her humiliate him like that. "You bitch!!!" he shouted and lunged at her.

Frost however summoned her katana and quickly swung around. The stallion didn't have time to react, as she dodged his attack and swung her blade. A bone chilling scream echoed through the night, as he fell to the ground, clutching his bloody nether region.

Frost put away her sword and calmly walked away. "I told you so." was all she said, before she disappeared inside the barrack.

The next day she was imprisoned for assaulting an officer and was currently lying inside a cell, along with bandits they captured yesterday. However they dared not approach her, as they knew what had happened to the Major and they didn't want to end the same way.

Frost laid in her bed as she waited for the guards to pick her up, so she could be court marshalled. She heard the sound of a door opening and she lifted herself up.

"Is it time already?" she asked, not even batting an eye at the mare who approached.

"Frost Fire?" the mare asked.

"Yup. Let's just get this over with, before these guys decide to piss themselves." she said and pointed toward the bandits.

The mare looked at the scared expressions of the stallions, before she looked back at the mare. "So, is it true that you attacked Corporal Crusher and cut off his... Ehm, treasures?"

"Yup." she replied nonchalantly.

"For whatever reason?"

"What do you care? It's not like you'd believe me anyway. I'm just a criminal who avoided jail by becoming wannabe guard." Frost scoffed and glared at the mare.

"While that is true, I have reason to believe that you're also not somepony who'd act without reason."

"And how in Tartarus would you know that?" Frost asked.

"Let's just say that a friend of my boss spoke highly of you and told her a lot about your character."

"Who's this friend you speak of?" she asked, now curious.

"How about you meet him in person?"

"Wait, do you mean I'm-?"

"Yep." the mare answered. "Even as we speak a thorough investigation is being conducted and we have reason to believe that you acted in self defense. As for my visit, I'm here to ask you, on the behalf of the crown, to transfer to a new outpost. What do you say?"

A smile grew on Frost's face and she nodded vigorously. "Fuck yeah! Anything but rotting in here with these gutless wimps."

The mare nodded and she took out a key and unlocked the cell, letting Frost out. She beckoned her to follow her and the two left the jail.

"Excuse me, but who are you exactly and where am I being transfered to." the mare asked.

"Forgive me for not introducing myself." the mare said. She quickly turned around, her long bright red hair swinging along with her. "I am the new Captain of the Solar Guard Unicorn Division Rose Blade." she said with a small bow. "And trust me, I think you'll like the place where you're going."

***

Meanwhile in another place

"Hey rookie the toilet is blocked again." a stallion shouted across the room. "Go in there and clean it up asap."

"Yes sir!" Ace slauted and dashed toward the toilets. As soon as he entered, his sensitive nose was assaulted by horrid stench and he almost threw up. "What did they eat?" he asked. He grabbed the plunger and went to work.

Ace always had a bright outlook on life and that applied to his arrival to Dodge City, where he thought he would be able to hang out with other guards, like he did with his friends in the Academy. But then reality hit him. Since he was still a recruit, he was forced to do menial chores for others and was picked on a lot, thanks to his Diamond Dog blood.

And even outside of the barracks the situation was more or less the same. Every time he had patrol he'd be insulted by some civilians or was asked to help do some ridiculous task, like finding a lost cat.

But despite the hardships, he didn't give up. He pressed forward, in hopes he'd be able to prove himself to be on par with everyone else. And once that would happen he would finally be able to walk the streets like a normal pony.

"Hey Ace you in here?" someone suddenly called out. The dog-pony was brought out of his thoughts and he stuck his head out the door.

"Do you need me sir?" he asked.

"Ah good. Hey I need you to take my patrol shift today. I have to meet up with a hot chick and get it going on, if you know what I mean." he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"But I promised Ms. Haystack I'd help with cleaning her store today." Ace argued. "And besides I already covered your shift yesterday. Can't you cut me some slack."

The stallion's expression hardened and he glared at Ace. "I don't think you've heard me rookie. I said, you will cover my shift today, understood?" he leaned in closer, their faces only inches apart. Ace gulped and gingerly nodded his head. The stallion stepped back and smiled. "See was that so hard? And besides, if you do a quick patrol I'm sure you'll have plenty of time to help that old hag."

"But what if somepony needs my help? What if there is an emergency. Or what if-?"

"Not my problem dude. See ya." the stallion said and left. Ace looked after him, before he slowly turned around and returned back to his task.

Several hours later he was running down the streets, making his way to Ms. Haystack's store. "C'mon I can make it. I can make it." he cheered himself. Soon the establishment was in his sights and he sped up. He charged through the door, ringing the bell above. "I'm sorry I'm late. I had official Royal Guard business to attend and-" He was stopped when the mare stepped in front of him and glared at him.

"You're late." she said sternly, glaring daggers at him.

"I'm sorry Ms. Haystack, I had to do patrols and as soon as I finished them I came running here-"

"Excuses, excuses." she said, disregarding his attempt of apologizing. "I remember you told me yesterday that you had all the time to help me. And yet you never showed up, so I had to do all of it myself."

"Ms. if you'd just let me expla-"

"Shut it ya stinkin' mutt." she cut him off. "I knew from the start that I shouldn't have trusted ya. Full fledged or halflings, all Diamond Dogs are the same. Worthless, conniving pieces of crap." Ace couldn't believe what he was hearing. He bowed his head and tried to apologize.

"Get out of my store and I better not see yer ugly muzzle ever again." she said and walked into the storage, leaving the broken dog-pony alone.

Ace stood frozen for a few more moments, before he left and began to walk aimlessly. He didn't know how much had passed, before he stopped in an alley and he slumped against a wall. His unfocused gaze stared at the opposite wall and he began to think.

"Damn it." he said and slammed his fist into the wall. He repeated the action several times, before he stopped. Tears began to well in his eyes and he quickly wiped them away. "Why am I even doing this?" he wondered. "Who am I trying to prove myself to?"

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a loud crash. He lifted his head and saw that a wheel of an elderly stallion's wagon broke off. "My cabbages!" he shouted and began to pick up the vegetables.

Ace continued to observe the stallion, while a conflict was raging inside of him.

"I should help."

"But why?"

"Because it's the right thing to do."

"Maybe, but in the end he'll just disregard your actions and insult you like everyone else. Hell I'm sure he'll outright reject you on the spot."

Ace began to slowly turn around and walk away, leaving the stallion to his dismay. But after a few steps he stopped and looked back.

"But who cares?" he thought and quickly turned around. "Who cares what they think? Who cares if they're not grateful? I swore that I'd never leave anypony in need and I almost forgot about that."

As he got closer to the wagon, he slowed down until he was standing behind the stallion. "Excuse me sir?" he said, tapping his shoulder. The stallion turned around and looked at him. "Do you need any help?" he asked.

"Yes, thank you very much young man." he said. Ace smiled and quickly got to work. In just a few minutes the wheel was fixed and the merchant drove off, but not before giving the dog-pony a cabbage for free. Ace looked at the vegetable in his hands and he smiled.

"It feels nice doesn't it? When somepony acknowledges your efforts."

Ace turned around and came face to face with a mare. However this mare wasn't anything like any other mare he had ever seen before. While her body looked like that of a pony, some parts resembled that of a dragon.

"Who are you?" he asked the newcomer.

"The name's Dynamism, but you can call me Dyna. All of my friends do." she answered and gave him a smile.

"Pardon my rudeness, but what are you?"

"I'm a hybrid like you. Only that instead of a Diamond Dog one of my parents was a dragon." Dynamism explained.

"Wow, really?" Ace asked flabergasted and she nodded.

"Yup. And I have to say, you really live up to what I've been told about you."

"What do you mean?" he asked tentatively.

"I mean that you're a kind hearted soul that would help anypony who's in trouble, no matter what." she said and turned around. "I know how it feels when you're discriminted just for being different. Even though you had no say in it." She turned her head and Ace saw a sad smile plastered on her face. "But unlike you I've turned my back on those who needed my help many a times. It's really impressive you're willing to face all of these strifes with a determined step."

Her praise made Ace feel warm inside and he showed that with a massive smile. "Thanks." he said. His smile however soon switched to a confused expression. "Do you need my help with something? I mean you know so much about me, so there must be a reason as to why you sought me out."

"Exactly." she said as she twirled around, again facing him. "What would you say, if I you were given a chance to leave this place and go somewhere, where ponies will accept you, no matter who or what you are?"

Ace looked at her with disbelief, but he immediatelly began to smile. He vigorously nodded his head. "I'd be all up for it." he said with glee.

"Good. Then go pack your bags. You'll be leaving as soon as we handle all of the paperwork." she said and began to flap her leathery wings.

"Wait!" Ace called out and stopped her. "Does that mean you're in the Guard as well?"

"Yup. You're talking to Corporal Dynamism of the Night Guard Pegasus Division." she said, puffing out her chest while doing so. "Now then I better leave, before it gets dark. See ya newbie." she saluted and flew off.

Ace continued to look after her, until she disappeared from the horizon. Still smiling he quickly made his way back to the barracks.

***

Meanwhile somwhere different from before, but also not the same as the first time

"Alright boys, well done." a stallion said as he and his three accomplices took off their masks adn emptied their bags. The sound of falling bits filled the room and they all joyful watched the pile grow ever bigger. "Today we can consider ourselves rich."

At that the others cheered and they started to split the loot. Suddenly a series of knocks came from the outside. They stopped their counting and listened. The knocking repeated and was followed by a voice of a stallion.

"This is the Whip Lash of the Royal Guard, you are all under arrest." the stallion on the other side of the door said. The group immediatelly ran to different parts of the room and one of them approached the window to look thorugh it.

"What do you see?" the leader asked.

"Dudes, this guy's all alone. We can just beat him up." he said and took out a bat.

"Don't take him lightly boys. He's still a Guard and those sons of bitches are tough." the leader said. "Also I can't help but feel nervous. It's something about his name. I'm sure I've heard of it before."

"Can you tell us what he's carrying?" another stallion asked.

The stallion at the window looked again and responded. "He has a whip with him, otherwise it's the standard uniform."

"Whip as a weapon? Whip Lash?" the leader mumbled to himself as he tried to remember.

"Who cares? I'll just bash him over the head when he enters." the window stallion said as he repositioned himself behind the door and unlocked it.

Whip heard the clicking sound and grabbed the handle. "Alright I'm coming in." he announced. He gingerly took a step inside and before he knew it something him in the back of the head. He collapsed onto the floor, while the stallion smiled.

"See? What did I tell ya. Easy peasy." he boasted, while others cheered him on.

But the leader was still trying to figure out why he felt so uneasy, until it clicked. "Oh Celestia help us. It's him!" he shouted as he grabbed a crossbow and aimed it at the motionless body.

"What's got you so riled up?" one of the stallions asked.

"It's him. The Maso Devil Guard!" he shouted and stared at the body with fear.

"Maso Devil what? The fuck are you talking about?"

"You haven't heard? Apparently a few days ago a new recruit arrive to town and he became notorious. Every criminal fears him."

"Why?"

"Because before he arrests them he apperantly has 'fun' with them. I've heard it's something worse than Tartarus itself."

"C'mon, you can't be serious can you?"

"Actually he is quite correct." Everyone immediatelly looked down toward the guard and saw he was looking at them with a seductive smile. "I just can't help it."

"The fuck?!" the stallion with the bat exclaimed and swung his bat down again. It hit Whip right in the head and blood came out of his nose.

Whip however smiled even wider. "Marvelous!" he shouted, before jumping up. "That hit, it was so, so magnifique ."

"What's wrong with him?"

"Who cares? Just take him down already!" Suddenly all of the stallions attacked him, but Whip flicked his wrist and created a barrier that cut off the room from the hallway the two were currently in.

"You'll have to wait your turn boys. I can only express all of my love to you one by one." he said, before turning to the stallion with the bat.

"Step back ya freak or else!" he threatened. Whip however outstretched his arms, leaving himself exposed.

"Then give your all. Show me your burning passion." The stallion took no time and he swung his bat with all of his might. When the weapon connected he could hear Whip's bones snapping and he smiled to himself. But that smile quickly turned to dread when he saw the seductive smile Whip was giving him.

"Just like that. Give me all of your love mi amore." The stallion was terrified. No matter what he did, it had no effect on this freak. His instincts then kicked in and he ran for the door.

Just as he was about to reach it, he felt something wrap around his legs and he fell. Looking toward his hooves, he saw that another whip was wrapped around them. Sweat began to pour down his face, as he watched the masochist approach him with slow steps.

"No, no. Stay away! STAY AWAY!!!" he screamed, but Whip didn't stop. Instead he took off his armor and his shirt, leaving his bare chest exposed.

"You've given me all of your love, now it's time for me to return back my feelings." he said and made the whip wrap around the stallion's entire body, lifting him up. "Pucker up bad boy." he said and traced his finger along the stallion's jaw.

The stallion could only scream and try to twist his head, as Whip's lips approached his. The others watched in horror, as the two made contact and the screams were stopped. For nearly ten seconds the two's lip remained locked until, Whip stepped back and blushed.

"I'll never get used to doing that while being watched. Although for some reason it amkes me even more excited." The whip around the stallions body loosened and he fell limply onto the floor. Although he was still alive, his eyes were devoid of any life.

Whip then retracted the other whip, giving him entrance to the room. "Now then, which one of you naughty, naughty boys is next?" he said, eyeing them like a predator would his prey. The stallions watched in horror as he approached them with slow steps, while his belt somehow undid itself and the pants fell onto the floor, leaving him only in his underwear.

The stallions all huddled up, hugging each other like foals. "Celestia forgive us." one of them said, before they screamed in pure terror.

At the moment Whip was sitting in a chair opposite of the sergeant's. The mare took a deep breath, before she spoke. "Whip, this is the fifth time this week that I had to call you in here." she said calmly. "And every time it was for the same reason."

"I know." he responded with a saddened tone. "And I am sorry."

"I know you are. I know you're giving it your all and in fact you're one of the best recruits I've ever had." She then took another deep breath, before she continued. "But your methods are, how should I put it, a bit extreme."

Whip tried to argue, but she stopped him. "I get it. I was told about your condition, but I can't have you traumatise the criminals. And let's not even mention your hospital bills."

"What is so wrong with me doing it to criminals? It's not like they don't deserve it."

"That's because they probably don't." she rebuted. "But the problem is that it's not only limited to criminals. I've got complaints from numerous guards about your 'approaches', as well as from our mailcolt, some of the citizens and even my secretary."

"Can you blame me? Have you seen his ass? It's to die for." Whip said as he fawned at the thought.

"It sure is." the mare agreed with an equally dreamy expression. But she immediatelly disregarded those thoughts and focused back on the matter at hand. "As I was saying, I can no longer allow this sort of behaviour around here. So I'm asking, is there any way to stop or at least lessen it in some way? I read that you were quite docile while in the Academy."

"That's probably because there was someone who I had, and still have, a crush on, who also gave a daily dose of a beat down. And I guess that kept me in check, since he was quite strong, stronger than anypony I know." Whip explained.

"I see." the mare said, before she sighed. "Well I don't think anypony here would be willing to do something like that to you, seeing as to how you react. So I'm afraid I have no other option."

"Are, are you firing me?" Whip asked with a fearful expression.

"What? No! I'm just going to transfer you. I've just received a request from Princess Luna herself to transfer you to a newly created outpost." she explained as she took out a file.

"And where exactly is this outpost?" Whip asked, now curious.

"Some small town called Ponyville." she answered. "You interested? Please say you are."

Whip pondered for a bit, before he recalled something a certain someone said a long time ago. "Oh, I'll be ecstatic to go there. I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun there."

Author's Note:

Hope this ones brings some giggles to you. Also I have an important question for you. For some time I've had people telling me that my Prologue wasn't all that good, since Trider wasn't all that likeable. So here is my question.
Should I rewrite the Prologue: From one world to another?
Click the question to get to the poll where you can cast your vote.
Voting will last until next week, after that it will end.
And until next time.

PreviousChapters Next