• Published 15th Oct 2016
  • 280 Views, 0 Comments

My Worst Fear - Harmony_Sparkle



I know that everyone has fears they must face eventually....but I never thought I would have to face mine like this....

  • ...
 0
 280

Fear?!

I went to bed tonight thinking that I would wake up to the usual, a bright and beautiful sunrise piercing through my window, my alarm going off telling me telling me to get up, and Spike barking and groaning in annoyance at the alarm, wishing for more sleep. However, that was not the case at all. Instead, I woke up in my grave, literally.


When I awoke, I immediately felt uneasy, and claustrophobic. It only took me a few seconds to realize that I was in a casket, but why!? I was already in a panic, oxygen underground and in a casket won't last longer than five and a half hours if I didn't panic, and I was already starting to.

After about five minutes I had gotten my breathing slowed, having been hyperventilating in fear before then, and I decided to try and find an escape, when I suddenly heard, voices. Five voices to be exact, and I was able to match all of them: Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Sunset Shimmer. A shot of hope coursed through me, perhaps I could get their attention! If I could they would dig me up and I could be free, and live!

In a jolt of excitement I banged on the door of the casket and let out a few yells,"Girls?! Can you hear me!?!" I screamed as loud as I could, in praying that they would hear me, but all I got in return..was..

"Oh Twilight! You think we're gonna let you out don't you?" I heard Fluttershy say in a tone that I never thought I would hear from her, ever...evil.

"Well darling I'm sorry to say we can't do that!" Rarity added, also holding a sinister tone in her voice.

"As for the reason why!" I heard from Applejack, who also sounded evil and dark.

"Because we did this to you." Was the last thing I heard, from Sunset.

But I never heard from Rainbow Dash, but why? Did they have her buried alive too!? When I finally ran out of air and died, would I see her in the after life? Or did she simply hate me so much she didn't want to even see me be buried? All the thoughts sounded horrible, I wished neither were true.


"This...isn't...right...." I heaved after laying there another hour, I was still terrified, but confused, while sad. How could I have not seen this, my so-called-friends obviously hated me, and they had been planning to get rid of me all this time. And they had finally succeeded in burying me alive, I was going to die, there was nothing I could do about it. I wished they had at least given me a knife so I could end this seemingly forever torment faster, just end it all now, but I couldn't. And every time my friends doing this to me came to mind, tears slipped down my already tear struck cheeks. Knowing that gave me the information that my eyes were most likely blood shot.


I think it had been about four hours, meaning I would been dead soon, it would be finished, that thought brought a bit of happiness that was quickly consumed by fear. This fear was being buried alive, which I was facing right now. I had always thought this fear was silly, that I would never actually have to face it, but here I am, underground, in a casket, surrounded by nothing but dirt, and struggling for air. Trying to get a little comfort, I rolled onto my side, where I spotted something that would have been helpful a long time ago! A trap door.

I wiped my tear stained eyes to make sure I wasn't just hallucinating, but I wasn't. There it was, a door way, big enough to let me through it, right there in front of me. I pushed on it slightly, to see if it was a cruel joke meant to torture me further, meant to let me know that they were not only putting me through my worst fate, my worst fear, but they wanted me to get several strikes of hope along this torment road, only to have them crushed by another ton of dirt, however, to my surprise the door gave in and opened, and I saw light, not much, but a little. In slight excitement I slid myself toward it and when I got through I fell and smacked a wooden floor,"Ow..." I groaned as I stood, though I stumbled. I thought I was gonna hit another wall, but two arms grabbed me before I did. I was already starting to hyperventilate again, at what could've just grabbed me, when I looked up to see a familiar, smiling face,"R..Rai....Rainbow....?" I said woozily, my lungs still begging for fresh air. Rainbow simply giggled in return,

"Yes it's me."

"Did ....th..they...bu-" before I could finish I felt something go over my mouth, at first I thought it was chloroform, anything to put me back to sleep, so she could shove me back in that box, then board up the only escape I had, but...after I moment, I didn't feel sleepy, I felt stronger, it was...oxygen! It was an oxygen mask that she had put over me.

I guess Rainbow saw the confusion and terror in my expression, but she only laughed,"You aren't going to die Twilight, you were never in any real danger."

Those words filled me with happiness, but once again that joy was ripped away from me, but with confusion instead of fear. I soon realized however, what the girls had done. They wanted to see how I reacted to my worst fear, that gave me a mix of anger they would torment me in such a horrific way, yet happiness that I was still alive. I wanted to push Rainbow away, I wanted to look angry and demand an explanation, but I couldn't. She had her arm locked around me in an embrace, and the oxygen mask over my mouth securely, I wasn't going anywhere, but yet. I didn't want to, all the same.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, I know this was a crazy ending, actually this was not the original ending at all. Later I'll post a chapter featuring what the original ending was! Hope you guys liked my first 2016 Halloween story! More is to come! :pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment