• Published 10th Oct 2016
  • 221 Views, 0 Comments

Rising into the dark - -FlashNight-



After being teleported in an alternate universe, Twilight have to restore Ponyville

  • ...
 0
 221

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

I'm french and it is my first story so please be kind.

On a day like any other In Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle was using her free time studying magic theories inside her castle’s studyroom. For Twilight it was so easy to read the countless books it was fun, so she found herself reading some of the same books over again, especially this large old book that she had to levitate with her magic from a nearby shelf. It was quite heavy but with magic all problems are easily solved. Twilight looked at the hanging clock and noticed she forgot to bring a certain book to Fluttershy, one about bird migration so she could find where and when certain birds would be this time of year.

Twilight got up and prepared to head to Fluttershy’s cottage. She would usually get Spike to go for her as it was in his job description. However Spike was a little busy trying to impress Rarity again with some help she needed.

Twilight ventured through Ponyville to the outskirts of the town when she felt something odd, a vile feeling. Twilight looked around to find nothing around her at all, everything was fine by her eyes, so she tried to ignore it as she trotted to Fluttershy’s Cottage.

Twilight finally arrived at the quaint little cottage, knocked on the door, all the while looking for whatever was causing this sense of dread. Fluttershy opened the door to see Twilight looking around bushes and animal food boxes.

‘Hmm...Hi Twilight.” Fluttershy looked on as Twilight finally snapped back to reality and looked at her.

“Hello Fluttershy, weird question but do you ‘feel’ anything?” Twilight asked the timid pegasus,

“No, why do you ask?”

“I was walking here to give you this book when I felt something odd, a bad feeling that I can’t quite pinpoint. However it is magical in nature by it is not regular magic.”

“What’s the difference, Twilight?” Fluttershy realized now that Twilight would give a list of how magic works, it's a good thing Fluttershy didn't mind.

“Well...Pony basic magic is inherently good, even Discord’s magic can be good when used properly...What I am feeling is Dark Magic.

“So is there something bad haunting around my home?” Fluttershy asked.

“Not quite...I will have to investigate, but I have already took up your time so here is that book you needed.” Twilight gave the book to Fluttershy, gave her goodbyes, and traveled down the dirt road back to Ponyville.

During her trot back home Twilight thought on what it could be, this vile feeling. More or less all the villain were in check and Twilight was sure nopony in town would practice dark magic.

‘Stay calm Twilight...It must be something easy to explain, I just wish it wasn't making me on edge.’ Twilight thought to herself. As she arrived to her home she felt this bad feeling again, then she looked up to see a gigantic grey circle in the sky.

“What in Equestria is that?” Twilight muttered as another grey circle appeared however when this one showed it caused a violent wave of magic to hit Ponyville, making everypony noticed the strange magic.

‘I need to see if Princess Celestia might know what is going on.’ Twilight echoed in her mind. Twilight used her emergency long range teleport spell to travel to Canterlot Castle.

…….

When Twilight appeared at Canterlot Castle the young alicorn noticed that there were no guards or anypony to be seen. She entered the castle only to be meet with dead silence. Twilight galloped as fast as she could to find anypony, however there was nothing at all.

“This is weird, where is everypony, and where are the Princesses?!”

The ground began to shake as Twilight quickly galloped outside, then to stairs leading to the top of the castle. Twilight arrived at the top to see something foreboding, the sky was now crimson red as the two cloud circles combined into a white hole above the Everfree Forest, as for Ponyville the waves of magic were damaging buildings and anything in there path.

Twilight quickly long range teleported again back to Ponyville as to try and save ponies...Only the find nopony was there in Ponyville. Twilight was freaking out as the White hole was getting bigger and bigger. However the hole soon shot out a pale of silver from it, Twilight ran to this failing star as it hit the ground like a meteor. In that moment Twilight’s vision darkened and she passed out.

….

Twilight opened her eyes and found herself in the Everfree Forest with some pony. This pony had a white coat with black lines, eyes with black pupils so deep she felt lost in them, and her black mane as amazing.

“Excuse me?” The pony seeked help from the laying Princess.

“Oh sorry...Can you help? I’m lost.” Twilight blushed.

“Sure…”

Twilight wasn't sure if what happened with the sky was a dream or what but everything seems fine now.
“Can I ask your name?” Twilight and the stranger trotted to Ponyville.

“My name is Ace, what’s you’re ?”

“Twilight Sparkle.”

“Nice name...we should head to town soon. When night comes ‘things’ come out to hunt the defenceless”.

Suddenly a realization hit Twilight, as if the universe told her in her mind what happened. In the back of her mind she remembered reading about a spell that looked like the white hole. Twilight realized she was not in Equestria anymore, even if it looked almost the same it wasn’t.

‘Did someone send me here? And why?’ Twilight thought to herself.

“So where do you live?” Ace asked.

“Well...it's a bit more complicated than I thought.”

“Anyway...this is my home.” Twilight noticed it was her old tree home, or a similar version of it. The two entered the home as Twilight knew it wasn’t her old home. There were boxes of food, old clothes, and other stuff a survivalist would have.

“Follow me” Ace said while climbing the stairs. They arrived to the bedroom as Ace told her this is her only bed.

“This is my side, and that’s yours...also don’t get any funny ideas. Once Morning comes I’ll help you find your home but that's it.”

“Yes, Thank you Ace.” Twilight said.

The two got into bed and slept on the edges as Twilight had no idea who could have cast a spell like this on her.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment