• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 2,902 Views, 139 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG - Bahamut0



Duel monsters in the EQG universe, with my own yugioh OC.

  • ...
9
 139
 2,902

Clash of Dragons!

After school got out, Burst Stream led Rainbow and her friends to Discord's card shop. Discord was just setting up the new set of booster packs when he noticed them come in.

"Ah! Burst Stream! I've been expecting you to come by!", Discord greeted warmly, "And you brought friends too. So are they new to duel monsters, or are they seasoned players like you?"

"They've been playing for about as long as I have. Let me introduce you to them. These are Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Twilight Sparkle, and Sunset Shimmer.", Burst said pointing to each of them respectively, "Girls, it's my pleasure to introduce you to Discord. Proud owner of this game shop and the guy responsible for getting me hooked on duel monsters in the first place."

"Pleased to meet you all. So, how can I be of service?"

"Burst Stream said you had super rare card, could we see it please?", Sunset asked.

"Ah, THAT card! You kids are in for quite a sight! I don't put this card on display very often, but here it is! The unstoppable Exodia! A card so rare and powerful that you only need all five pieces in your hand to win! I never let it out of my sight!"

"Sure doesn't look that powerful if you consider each piece on its' own.", Applejack said.

"Maybe so, but this card is my greatest treasure.", Discord said.

"Speaking of rare, I wanna trade!", Rainbow said.

"Not for this card Miss Dash!", Discord said defensively.

"Sorry, I didn't mean that card! I meant some of the other cards you have lying around here!", Rainbow said trying to recover from her mess-up.

Discord was relieved, "Well in that case, feel free to look around!", he said with a smile. Just then, the store door opened. "Hello, can I help find some cards?", Discord said as he took note of the new customer.

"If a commoner like you can't, it comes as no surprise to me.", Blueblood said.

Burst Stream was surprised by the arrival of Principal Celestia's nephew, "Blueblood? What's he doing here?"

"Doesn't he have some fancy mansion he should be in right about now?", Rainbow said in annoyance.

"Oh! Blueblood! You're a duelist too? How wonderful!", Rarity said almost swooning at him, "I was wondering if you would do me the honor of just one duel?"

Blueblood snorted, "Duel? With the likes of you? I'd have a better challenge playing grade schoolers."

"Alright ya varmint! Maybe you wanna throw punches instead of cards!", Applejack growled.

"Take it easy AJ!", Burst said as he intercepted her.

"Now, does this place have any good cards or not?", Blueblood said with a cold smile. Soon, his gaze was averted to Discord's most treasured card. "Impossible! Exodia the Forbidden One in this dump? 'The card I've been looking for!'"

"I'm sorry, but that's enough window shopping for you! Now, are there any other cards you're interested in?", Discord said .

Blueblood growled, "Listen up old man! Give me Exodia, and I'll trade you all of these!", he said as he pulled up the briefcase he was carrying, "And if you won't trade it, I'll buy it off you! Just name your price."

Discord smiled, "Sorry, but I wouldn't give this card up for the world! I don't care how rare or powerful it is, but I love it because I share a connection with it. As a duelist, you should know that every card carries a part of a duelist's heart."

"Fine then.", Blueblood said calmly, "There are other cards of interest I have my eye on.", he said turning toward Burst Stream. "Burst Stream. I've seen you duel, and you have quite the deck. So, perhaps you can be more reasonable. I'm interested in those magnificent blue eyes white dragons you have. I hope you will make the right choice."

Burst Stream spoke with a stern look on his face, "No thanks. My Blue Eyes White Dragons are like what Exodia is for Discord. I share a bond with my cards. And if you're willing to give up yours so easily, something tells me they wouldn't be in the hands of a good duelist!"

"Fine! But mark my words, this isn't over yet!", Blueblood said with a scowl as he left.

The next day, Discord noticed two men come into his shop. "Hello. Is there something I can help you with?"

The man dressed like a butler spoke, "My master Blueblood has challenged you to a duel. Understand I take no joy in this, but I must insist if only to appease him.", he said with a grimace.

Discord accepted the challenge, 'Time to show that young punk what it means to have a bond with your deck!'

After school got out, Burst Stream and his friends headed to Discord's card shop. But once they arrived, Discord was nowhere to be found. Suddenly, the phone started to ring and Burst Stream answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello Burst Stream.", Blueblood answered.

"Blueblood? Where's Discord?! What did you do with him?!"

"Your friend dropped by for a visit, and isn't well at the moment. Why don't you pick him up? Oh, and bring your deck."

"I accept your challenge! Believe me when I say this: I won't lose!", Burst said as he hung up the phone in anger, "Next stop: Blueblood's place."

Burst Stream and his friends arrived at Blueblood's mansion, and were greeted by his butler.

"You must be Burst Stream and company. Please come in.", he greeted.

"If you know who me and my friends are here.", Burst Stream said.

"Yes, I was tasked with the misfortune of fetching your friend Discord. Before you duel my master, I have one request."

Burst was curious, "And that is?"

"Please defeat him. Master Blueblood has been the very definition of a spoiled brat, and is near ruthless when it comes to getting what he wants! Someone MUST knock him off his high horse!", the butler pleaded.

"I'm here to do more than just that. I'm here to teach him about respect for the bonds between duelist and card! And I have no plans on losing to him.", Burst Stream said as he and his friends made their way inside.

Once they were in, they noticed what looked like a dueling arena. And sure enough, there were Discord and Blueblood. But from the looks of things, the duel hadn't gone well for Discord.

"Though it pains me to do this, I will honor our agreement. Exodia is now yours. Please, take good care of him.", Discord said sadly.

As Blueblood took the cards, he did the unthinkable. "A monster that requires merely drawing all it's pieces to win", Blueblood said, "How worthless.", he finished as he ripped the cards in half!

Discord was shocked at the cruelty Blueblood had displayed! This was a duelist who shared no bond, nor gave any respect to his cards! This was more than enough to send Fluttershy past her limit. "How could you?!", she cried, "Just because it's such a specific card, doesn't give you the right to destroy it you...you meanie!"

Burst Stream couldn't take it any more! "That's it Blueblood! Let's duel! This is for Discord, and the bond between cards and duelists!"

"Bonds? I've no desire to share a bond with any worthless cards. Also, let's make this interesting. If you win, I'll search for a deck I can 'bond' with."

"And if you win?", Burst asked sternly.

"If I win, I get your entire deck! Oh I can see it now! Blueblood: The Blue Eyes Master!", Blueblood said with a cruel smile.

"Let's duel!", they both shouted.

Burst Stream: 4000 LP

Blueblood: 4000 LP

"I'll go first!", Burst said as he drew his hand, "First, I'll summon a monster in defense mode and end my turn."

"My turn. I draw!" Blueblood said, "First, I'll play double summon and call upon Victoria in attack mode, and summon one defense mode monster. And then, I'll attack your facedown monster with Victoria!"

As Victoria attacked, Burst's facedown card, The White Stone of Ancients, was destroyed. "Now I'll use her effect! Since the monster I destroyed was dragon type, I can special summon it from your graveyard!", Blueblood boasted.

"Just what I was hoping for! Now that your turn's over, I get to special summon one Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck!", Burst Stream cried out, "Now that it's my turn, I attack Victoria! Go, Burst Stream of Destruction!"

Blue Eyes roared as it let loose a blast of energy, wiping Victoria off the field!

Burst Stream: 4000 LP

Blueblood: 2800 LP

Blueblood smiled, "It's time I end this. I tribute White Stone of Ancients and switch Keeper of the Shrine to attack mode to summon Victory Dragon! Next, I'll play Shield and Sword to give him the edge! Now, destroy his Blue Eyes!"

Victory Dragon let out a cry as it launched a golden fire ball to destroy Blue Eyes. "Ughh!", Burst cried as he took damage.

Burst Stream: 3500 LP

Blueblood: 2800 LP

Burst Stream moved on to drawing his card, and noticed he had most of the cards he needed to turn the duel around! All that was missing was the monster, but that would soon be within reach. "I summon Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands and activate his effect! When I normal summon him, I can add one ritual spell or monster to my hand, and I choose ritual monster! End turn."

"A noble but wasted effort. Victory Dragon! Destroy Manju with Victory Burst!"

Burst Stream: 1500 LP

Blueblood: 2800 LP

"One more attack and your deck is mine!", Blueblood gloated.

Burst smiled, "Sorry, but that attack won't come! I activate the ritual card Chaos Form! I remove my Blue Eyes from the graveyard to summon his upgraded form! Harness the power of chaos and bring about justice! Rise! BLUE EYES CHAOS MAX DRAGON!" As Burst Stream called it's name, an enormous dragon descended from the heavens! It looked extremely fearsome and had the attack points to prove it, 4,000. "Attack Victory Dragon! Chaos Burst Stream!"

"Aghh!", Blublood screamed as his dragon was destroyed.

Burst Stream: 1500 LP

Blueblood: 1800 LP

"Impossible! That monster should have had no attack points because of my spell!", Blueblood growled.

"I forgot to mention that my Chaos MAX dragon can't bet targeted of destroyed by my opponent's spell, trap, or monster effects.", Burst said with a triumphant smile!

"That's some monster!", Twilight called out in awe.

"No matter! It's my turn now!", Blueblood snapped, "Too bad he can't do piercing damage! I summon a monster in defense mode!"

"No Blueblood, he can do much better than that!", Burst Stream said, "Blue Eyes Chaos MAX! Destroy his facedown!" Blue Eyes Chaos MAX let out a mighty roar and obliterated Bluebloods monster. "Now for his other special ability! Whenever he destroys a defense mode monster, he inflicts DOUBLE piercing damage!"

"Impossible! This can't be real!", Blueblood screamed as his life points dropped to zero, "How could I lose to you?!"

"Because your heart wasn't in your deck. You held no love for your cards at all. If you wish to be a true duelist, then make a deck you have a bond with.", Burst Stream said kindly before turning his attention to Discord. "Are you going to be alright?"

"At least he didn't burn the cards. The trauma would have sent me to the hospital! I'll be fine.", Discord said with a small smile.

"Burst Stream!", Blueblood cried, "I swear, I will heed your words! I will make a deck I can bond with!"

"Really? To be honest, I didn't expect you to say that.", Burst said with a puzzled look on his face

"Who do you think I am? Seto Kaiba? I love duel monsters, but I'm not THAT obsessive over it. Besides, you're right about playing with a deck you love. It doesn't matter if it has the lousiest cards in the world, just as long as you enjoy playing!", Blueblood said.

"Wow. You got that lesson faster than I thought. Now I won't have to worry about you going Seto Kaiba on me and trying to always beat me in duel monsters.", Burst said with a relieved look on his face.

As Burst Stream and his friends left, his friends were congratulating him almost non-stop!

"That was such an amazing duel! So dramatic!", Rarity cheered

"Way to give 'im the what-for Burst!", Applejack said.

"I didn't even know you had a card that awesome!", Rainbow Dash yelled.

"We need to throw you a victory party!", Pinkie screamed

"I'm glad you were nice to Blueblood even though you won.", Fluttershy almost whispered.

"I've never seen monsters that powerful summoned with almost no tributes! You HAVE to show me your deck!", Twilight nearly squealed.

"That's our Burst Stream! Maximum summon, minimum cost!", Sunset said.

"Thanks everyone! You know, how about we celebrate at my pace? I'll just call my Mom, and we'll be good to go!", Burst said with a big grin on his face.

"YEAH!", they all screamed.

Burst called his Mom and told her all of what had happened. She gladly agreed to have a small party at their home! Once all his friends got the okay from their parents, they headed towards his home. However once they were pretty close, Burst noticed a limo parked in the driveway. He rushed up to the door and found it was unlocked! As he opened the door, he couldn't believe who he saw in his house!

"Oh! So YOU'RE Burst Stream! Pleasure to meet you Burst-Boy! I'm sure you know who I am?", the man said.

Burst couldn't believe it! Standing in his house was the man who created duel monsters himself! Maximillion Pejasus!

Author's Note:

In case some of you are wondering, yes. I did mirror Kaiba with Blueblood from the first Yugioh episode, but not completely. Blueblood won't be a rival. In fact, his future takes a walk on the more comedic side by calling Burst Stream "master" in future chapters and him acting like an overachieving student. Next Chapter: Pegasus shows up in Burst's home. But what could possibly bring the creator of duel monsters here? Find out next chapter!