• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 2,902 Views, 139 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG - Bahamut0



Duel monsters in the EQG universe, with my own yugioh OC.

  • ...
9
 139
 2,902

Side-Duel: Power vs Potential

Night had soon fallen on Duelist Kingdom, and Burst and his friends had set up a campsite to sleep for the night. With all the duels it took to get themselves into the finals, all of them had earned a good rest. However with all the excitement in the air, it was hard for anyone to fall asleep.

"I can't believe we made it!", Twilight screamed.

"Hey, I knew I would!", Rainbow said boastfully.

"Don't get over confident Rainbow.", Sunset said, "Remember, we'll be dueling each other in the finals. So let's not hold anything back!"

Burst cracked a small smile, "I don't think any of us will have any problems with that."

"Room for one more here?", a new voice said. Inferno Flare stepped out of the shadows. "So you guys made it to the finals too huh?", Inferno said kindly as he showed off the ten star chips on his dueling glove.

"We sure did. Nice to see you again Inferno.", Burst said, "But we couldn't have done it without our monsters. It might sound crazy, but we share a bond with our monsters. To us, they're more than just cards. They're our friends."

"They're your favorite monsters. The ones you trust more than any other creature, and love the most.", Inferno said with a knowing smile, "My partner is Red Eyes Black Dragon."

"Dark Magician is mine.", Twilight said with a smile.

"BLS for me.", Sunset said.

"Mine's Rainbow Dragon!", Rainbow Dash said.

"Master Diamond is my favorite monster.", Rarity said.

"Gagaga Cowboy's my partner.", Applejack said.

"You all know mine. Blue Eyes White Dragon.", Burst said.

"Blue Eyes?", a new voice cried out, "Is that you?" Suddenly, a large black dragon with red eyes materialized.

"Red Eyes! Nice to see you again!", Blue Eyes said as he materialized.

The others' monsters materialized, and were in awe at the sight before them. Sunset decided to help them break their silence, "Sooo, any of you care to explain why you're all speechless?"

"Sunset.", BLS said, "We stand before the two legendary dragons of our realm."

"Legendary dragons?", Rarity asked.

"Blue Eyes is said to represent power. The strength to achieve victory in even the most hopeless situation.", Dark Magician said, "Red Eyes however, represents potential. The limitless possibility wielded by those with the courage to fight. I should know . I've hung out with those two long enough to know them like the back of my hand."

"Wow!", Rainbow said, "That makes them even more awesome!"

"Hey Burst!", Inferno said, "How about we have a duel for fun? Let's see if Red Eyes can realize his potential! What do you say Red Eyes?"

"I'm always down to duel!", Red Eyes said, "You ready Blue Eyes?"

"You know it Red!", Blue Eyes said with a smile.

"Alright, let's do it!", Burst said.

Burst: 4000
Inferno: 4000

"I'll kick of this duel with a bang!", Inferno said, "I summon Red Eyes Black Chick and banish him to special summon Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! Next I'll use his effect to special summon Red Eyes Black Dragon from my hand! That's it for my turn, your move Burst!"

"I'll reveal one Blue Eyes in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Next I'll play Trade-In and discard a level eight monster from my hand to draw two cards. Now I'll play Burst Stream of Destruction to wipe out your field! Then I'll play Return of The Dragon Lords to revive the Blue Eyes I sent to the graveyard! However, due to my spell's effect, he can't attack. So I end my turn.", Burst said.

"I'm up then!", Inferno said, "I play Red Eyes Fusion! I get to fusion summon one monster from my extra deck that lists Red Eyes as a fusion material by sending the materials from my hand or deck to the graveyard! I send Red Eyes and Summoned Skull to summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! Destroy his Blue Eyes Alternative with Archfiend Inferno Blast!"

"Burn baby burn!", Archfiend said as he wiped out Alternative with a blast of dark fire!

"And that's not all! Since he attacked, I can target one Red Eyes normal monster in my graveyard and inflict it's attack as damage! Also, I can add that target to my deck. But then my deck has to be shuffled.", Inferno said.

Burst: 1400
Inferno: 4000

"Not a bad combo Inferno, but I'm afraid I'm ending this!", Burst said with a confident smile, "I'll reveal the Blue Eyes in my hand to special summon another Alternative White Dragon! And I'll use his effect to destroy you Archfiend Black Skull! Burst Strike!"

Alternative summoned a single lightning bolt that destroyed Archfiend Black Skull Dragon!

"Now I'll activate the ritual spell I drew! Chaos Form! I banish the Blue Eyes Alternative in my graveyard since it's name becomes Blue Eyes White Dragon when it's on the field or in the grave! And now I'll ritual summon the Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon that I drew from Trade-In! Attack with Chaos Burst!"

Inferno had nothing to defend himself, and took the full force of the blast! "Nice one turn kill Burst!", Inferno said with a smile, "Can't wait to see what you might pull of in the finals! "

"See you soon Blue Eyes!", Red Eyes said cheerfully .

"You too Red! I can't wait for our rematch!", Blue Eyes called out as they engaged in a dragonic fist bump.

"Too bad we might never see each other again except for tournaments.", Burst said sadly.

"What're you talking about? I go to CHS like the rest of you! You won't be getting rid of me that easily!", Inferno said jokingly.

"Inferno,", Burst said, "This is the beginning of an EPIC friendship!"

Author's Note:

Next time, the finals officially begin and a new duelist shows up. But Blue Eyes and Red Eyes sense an evil presence coming not just from his monster partner, but from the duelist himself!