• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 2,903 Views, 139 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG - Bahamut0



Duel monsters in the EQG universe, with my own yugioh OC.

  • ...
9
 139
 2,903

The Road to Duelist Kingdom

Burst Stream couldn't believe it! The man who created duel monsters, the one behind all the monsters and spells, was in HIS house! Needless to say, Burst was pretty nervous. "Mom? What is Pegasus doing in our house?"

Burst's mom smiled, "Congratulations Burst Stream! Mr. Pegasus has come here to personally invite you to participate in Duelist Kingdom!"

"No way! The same tournament where Yugi Moto was crowned King of Games?!"

"The very same young man!", Pegasus said, "Your impressive defeat of Blueblood is what convinced me to invite you to the tournament!"

"Wow. This is great! But, I didn't defeat Blueblood in an official match."

"That isn't the only reason why I've invited you. Miss Stream? If it's alright with you, I'd like a word in private with your son."

"I don't see why not.", Burst's mom answered.

As his friends and mother left, Pegasus made sure they were alone. "Tell me Burst Stream, have you ever felt like you have a bond with your monsters? That they were more than just pictures on a card? ", he asked

Burst Stream was slightly fazed by how Pegasus knew this. "Yes...yes I have. In fact, I've been having constant dreams about duel monsters. Most of them are of my favorite monster, Blue Eyes White Dragon. And the craziest thing is, I've even heard him speak! It's like he's...real."

"Actually, it's not that crazy at all. In fact, Blue Eyes and all of the game's monsters are real.", Pegasus said.

"What?!", Burst nearly shouted at the top of his lungs!

"The so-called holograms aren't images at all. The monsters and the magic come from a realm that exists right alongside our own. And the reason Blue Eyes appears to you so much is because of the bond the two of you share.", Pegasus calmly replied.

"He's right Burst.", a new voice said.

"Heh, speak of the dragon himself!", Pegasus chuckled, "Come out and say hello Blue Eyes!"

Burst Stream's mouth was wide with awe! Before his very eyes, the Blue Eyes White Dragon materialized before him! "Hi there Burst! Nice to finally meet you in person!", Blue Eyes greeted.

"How is this possible?", Burst asked in awe.

"Normally it shouldn't be.", Pegasus said sternly, "The other reason I've invited you to the tournament is because someone is causing a disturbance in the barrier that separates our worlds. You see, the monsters helped forge the barrier to not only have a safe home, but also to protect our world from the creatures that wish to bring harm to humans. But someone from out side seems to have made an alliance with one of the evil monsters in order to rule both worlds! However, there is a legend told in the creature realm. One day when darkness threatens both worlds, a young duelist bonded with the legendary white dragon will rise to save them. Burst Stream, that duelist is you! Whoever is responsible for this sees the tournament as the best spot to destroy barrier because of all the duels that will take place."

Burst Stream couldn't believe this! And yet at the same time, he knew it was true. "So the fate of the world rests on one card game. I'll do it. Not just for our world, but for yours too Blue Eyes."

"But...I didn't even ask you. Are you sure?", Blue Eyes asked.

"You're more than just a card to me Blue Eyes, you're my friend! And no matter what, friends help each other out!", Burst said with blazing determination!

Pegasus smiled, "It's moments like this that make me proud of this game. When a duelist and their cards truly share a bond with each other."

"Aww, that's so sweet!", Pinkie said. Burst Stream nearly jumped out of his seat as he saw his friends peeking out from behind a wall.

"How long have you been standing there?", Burst asked.

"Long enough for our favorite monsters to pop in for a visit.", Sunset said as her favorite monster, Black Luster Soldier-Envoy of the Beginning came into view.

"We heard about what's going on, and we wanna help!", Rainbow Dash said.

"Yeah!", Rainbow Dragon shouted, "I'm gonna kick the butt of anyone who threatens RD's home!"

"Lady Rarity.", Gem Knight Master Diamond said as he bowed, "I would gladly assist you in your journey. It is the least I can do in repayment for your generous aid"

"There is nothing you owe me Diamond. I would gladly help you in any way I can."

"Dark Magician and I are going too!", Twilight said.

"Hey, I can't leave my pal Blue Eyes fly solo!", Dark Magician said.

"You can count on me AJ.'", Gagaga Cowboy said

"Glad ta hear it pardner'!", Applejack said as she shook his hand.

"If any of you don't mind, I think I'll just stay here and take care of my little friends.", Fluttershy said as her monsters gathered around her.

"I'm staying too! Someone has to plan your big victory party when you get back! Plus, I've GOT to try my Madolche's dessert recipes!", Pinkie said.

"Good thing I brought extra participant packages with me.", Pegasus said, "Good luck duelists! May the heart of the cards be with you!". And with that, Pegasus took his leave.

"Alright guys!", Burst Stream said with a determined smile, "Next stop: Duelist Kingdom!"

"Burst Stream!", his mom called out, "The Duel Monsters Regional Finals are on!"

Burst and his friends all rushed to the TV room. There, they saw a duel going on between Chrysalis, the insect monster specialist, and Garble, the feared Dragon duelist.

"Insect Queen! Devour his Luster Dragon 2!", Chrysalis commanded.

"Darn! Beaten by a bunch of bugs!", Garble shouted.

"Looks like we're up against some serious competition!", Burst Stream muttered.

"Don't worry Burst! When we duel as a team, no one can beat us!", Blue Eyes said confidently.

"Right! No matter what, we'll face it together!"