• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 2,902 Views, 139 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG - Bahamut0



Duel monsters in the EQG universe, with my own yugioh OC.

  • ...
9
 139
 2,902

Duel 3: Siren's Song

"Booyah!", Rainbow shouted, "Five star chips already! Just gotta get five more, and I'm in the finals!"

Burst smiled, "Great job Rainbow! Both of us are near the halfway point in the tournament. I just need six more stars to be in the finals. Hmm, I wonder how Sunset and the others are doing."

"We're back!", Twilight called out to them.

"So how did you guys fair in getting more star chips?", Burst asked.

"Pretty good. Most of us wound up facing duelists that had about three or four star chips. So that brought us each to about five or six star chips. Then Sunset and Applejack dueled since she couldn't find any available opponents. So now she has about seven star chips now.", Twilight said.

All of this talk about dueling made Rainbow's stomach growl. "Aw man! Just the thought of all those duels is making me hungry! Any of you bring food?", Rainbow asked.

"I packed some stuff in my pack Rainbow. Good thing Granny Smith put it in there.", Applejack said

"Sweet! Thanks AJ!", Rainbow said as she helped herself to some of AJ's food.

Burst was about to eat some of the food his mom had packed, until he noticed someone moving in the bushes. "Hey!", he called out. Whoever it was, he must have scared them because they bolted as far away from them as possible! Burst decided to follow them and see what they were up to. When Burst and his friends caught up with them, Sunset seemed to recognize the girl.

"I remember you! You were one of the sirens we beat at the Battle of the Bands!", Sunset said.

"I'm guessing she's up to no good! You ain't getting away now!", Rainbow said as she was about to charge at Sonata!

"Rainbow, stop!", Burst cried out, "If you guys defeated her and the other sirens, she shouldn't be a threat! And look at her. She looks scared and alone. Not to mention pretty hungry.", Burst said as he offered her some food. "Here take some. By the way, what's your name?"

Sonata nearly snatched the food from Burst's hands. "Thanks. And my name is Sonata. Sonata Dusk."

"Burst Stream. And I'm pretty sure you know my friends already. I just wish it was under better circumstances.", Burst said with a kind smile. He then noticed her dueling glove. "So you're in the tournament too huh?"

Sonata managed a small smile, "Yeah, I am. And you're also the duelist who defeated Blueblood. I didn't expect to run into you."

"So why are you in the tournament Sonata?", Burst asked.

Sonata sighed as she explained, "Ever since my family and I were beaten at the Battle of the Bands, they've been pretty down in the dumps. Aria's even more grouchy than usual, and Adagio's gotten a whole lot more snappy at us! Dueling was able to get my mind off things, and before I knew it I qualified for Duelist Kingdom. But now that I'm here, I just want to head back home. I miss my family."

Burst smiled, "I believe I can help you with that. Sonata, would you have a duel with me? If you wager all your star chips and lose, you'll be sent on a boat back home. So what do you say?"

Sonata's face lit up! "I accept! Let's duel", she cried!

Burst Stream: 4000
Sonata Dusk: 4000

"I'll start!", Sonata said, "First I'll play the field spell Umiiruka! This gives all my water monsters a 400 point boost! Now I'll summon Jellyfish! That's it for my turn."

"I'm up then.", Burst said, "First I'll play Keeper of The Shrine! Now I'll banish him so I can special summon Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! Attack her Jellyfish! Dark Metal Flare!"

Red Eyes Darkness Metal roared as it unleashed a huge fireball that roasted Jellyfish!

Burst Stream: 4000
Sonata Dusk: 2800

Sonata drew a card and started her turn. "I'll fuse the three Des Frogs in my hand with polymerization and fusion summon D.3.S Frog! Now he gets a boost from my field making his attack points to 2900! Attack his Red Eyes!"

D.3.S Frog leaped into the air, and squashed Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! Red Eyes groaned as he went to the graveyard, "Worst...game of leapfrog....ever."

Burst Stream: 3900
Sonata Dusk: 2800

"I draw!", Burst said, "First I'll play Trade-In! I'll discard my Dragon Spirit of White to draw two new cards! Next, I'll reveal one Blue Eyes in my hand to summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Now I'll play Return of The Dragon Lords to revive Dragon Spirit of White. I overlay my two monsters to xyz summon Number 107: Galaxy Eyes Tachyon Dragon!"

"I'll activate the quick spell Demise of The Land! Since you special summoned a monster, I get to activate one field spell from my deck! And I choose Umi!", Sonata said. As she activated the spell, D.3.S Frog's attack points fell from 2900 to 2700. This was just what Burst was hoping for!

"I activate Galaxy Eyes Tachyon's effect! Since I started my battle phase I can detach one xyz material and negate the effects of all face up monsters on the field! Also, their attack points return to their And since your card effect activated, Galaxy Eyes gains 1000 attack and can make a second attack in a row! Now, Tachyon Blast!", Burst cried out as Galaxy Eyes Tachyon unleashed a stream of energy from it's mouth obliterating Sonata's monster, and firing another blast at Sonata directly!

Burst Stream: 3900, win
Sonata Dusk: 0, lose

"Here's my star chips.", Sonata said with a big smile as she handed Burst her three star chips, "Now I can head back home! Thanks Burst, and good luck in the rest of the tournament!", she said while waving goodbye.

"See ya Sonata!", Burst cried out, "Hope your family shapes up!"

"Hey, Burst!", Galaxy Eyes said, "I guess you could say that final combo was...out of this world!"

"Galaxy Eyes,", Burst said while facepalming, "You need sunglasses for that meme to work. But the important part is I only need three star chips now, and we helped out a person in need."

"Aw yeah! Finals, here we come!", Rainbow shouted!

Author's Note:

Next time, Rarity duels her rival Suri Polomare in Duel 4: Fashion Face-Off!