• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 2,902 Views, 139 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG - Bahamut0



Duel monsters in the EQG universe, with my own yugioh OC.

  • ...
9
 139
 2,902

Duel 7: The Threat Revealed

The next morning, Burst and his friends made their way to Pegasus's castle, where the finals of Duelist Kingdom would be held. Each of them that had qualified showed their star chips to the guard and were admitted. Once they were inside, Rainbow noticed Gilda was waiting.

"Hey G!", Rainbow greeted, "I knew I'd see you here!"

"Nice to see you too Dash.", Gilda said with a smile, "Looks like your group made it too."

"Of course! But if there's anyone I knew would make it, it's Burst Stream!", Rainbow said boastfully.

"Wait, you're friends with the guy who beat Blueblood?", Gilda asked in wonder.

"She sure is.", Burst answered with a smile, "Nice to meet you too Gilda. Can't wait to see what you've got in store."

"Same to you man!", Gilda said giving Burst a fist bump.

"Welcome duelists!", Pegasus greeted, "You've all come quite far in this tournament and...wait. Where's the eighth finalist?"

"I'm here.", a new voice said as the doors flew open! The figure who walked in was a man with dark grey skin and black hair with crimson red eyes. "I am Sombra."

Pegasus sensed the tremendous dark aura coming from this duelist, but kept a calm head and readdressed his guests. "Well since everyone's here, I'd like to inform you that the finals will not start until tomorrow. Now get some rest, you've all earned it."

As they headed for their rooms, Burst stopped to have a word with his friends. "Guys, I think this Sombra guy is the one who's trying to take over both realms."

"What makes you say that?", Twilight asked.

"The moment he walked in, Blue Eyes and I felt the presence of an incredibly strong evil aura. And it was all coming from him.", Burst said.

"I could also sense the same aura about the monster he's joined with.", Blue Eyes said, "I suggest we exercise caution. We have no idea what the two of them are capable of. But I am sure of one thing, they mean to enslave both our worlds. If there was ever an ideal to thwart them, this tournament would be it."

"Why at this tournament?", Sunset asked, "Just what makes dueling so special?"

"Because of the bonds duelists share with their cards. This bond contains great power, and if strong enough can summon more than just our spirits. It could potentially summon us directly from our realm. Sombra and his ally must possess incredible dark magic if they intend to destroy the barrier.", Dark Magician explained.

"Hold up DM! You use dark magic too, but you're a good guy, and the same goes for Red Eyes!", Rainbow said.

"Not all darkness is evil. All of the attributes have creatures that are good and evil. I've met my share of light creatures that aren't so bright and shiny.", Dark Magician said, "Evil can come from any attribute. And this guy was radiating darkness."

Burst, his friends, and their monster partners all retired to their rooms. Meanwhile, Sombra consulted with his own ally as they planned their future conquest.

"Blast! I didn't expect the duelist who beat Blueblood here! He could ruin everything!", Sombra growled.

"Then we shall simply crush him. And all who stand in our way! Blue Eyes may be strong, but he has no special abilities! We will succeed. And we will rule both realms!", a dark voice said.

"Yes...yes you're right Zorc! They will fall at our hands, and we shall rule over all!", Sombra said with a wicked smile.

Zorc's spirit cracked an evil grin, "Yes, I shall reign as the Dark Master of the creature realm and you as the humans' ruler. King Sombra."

"Yes. KING Sombra. I like the sound of that. Soon those that oppose us shall fall! Ahahahahaha!", Sombra howled in insane laughter!

Pegasus noticed the huge surge of dark energy. 'It seems the one who is disrupting the barrier has made themselves known. I can only hope at this point that Burst and his friends will triumph over this evil.', he thought to himself.

Author's Note:

Next time on Yu-Gi-Oh! EQG! The first round of the finals pits Burst Stream against Gilda in a clash between harpies and dragons! But Gilda's newest pet dragon card might be too much for Burst and Blue Eyes to handle! Find out how it goes down next chapter!