• Published 24th Jul 2016
  • 399 Views, 5 Comments

The Mickey Dilemma - iDashingRainbow



The destructive and all-powerful Mickey is returning from the Starship Zorg 33-BB1, who was blown up in hopes of destroying the Mickey threat. However, this opened an interdimensional realm which made way for more inconveniences.. and dilemma..

  • ...
 5
 399

Curiosity (5)

'Well, well.. I don't know.' the Officer continued, looking at the well-laid Equestria map, almost hologram-like in design, and in a rustic manner at that, thinking carefully about the plans.
'I do admit, it's quite unlike anything we've seen before - I mean, our attack tactics usually work. But then, it didn't.' Twilight continued, equally as unsure about the situation.
'He can't get away with it forever. He will be stopped eventually.' reassured Jake, one of the surviving crew members.
'He's already taken Pinkie.' muttered Rainbow Dash, a bit disappointed and depressed to her friend's disappearance and potential fate. 'I don't know what they'll do with her.'

'A good portion of the map has potential areas, many being key locations to our knowledge, to where this Mickey threat could be located.' continued Twilight, confident of her research. 'Studied long enough, we may be able to locate him successfully.'
'Of course, it may be exact, or far from approximate.' continued Applejack, reassuring everyone of the insecurity of the plan.
'Maybe we could.. hum.. Use hypnotising?' Fluttershy suggested quietly, a bit socially worried that she said something wrong.
'That's not a bad idea.' continued Rainbow Dash, a bit more cheerful in her tone. 'But are we sure that would even work? I mean it sounds like a risk.

'This whole situation is a risk.' replied the Officer, in almost a war-like tone. 'However, yes, it is a potential hazard that may help us--'
'Sir, with all due respec--' started Alex, interrupted quick enough.
'Sir, we may have to call for a large army of reinforcements. In fact we may need one in itself..' interrupted Jake, who got his new idea finally spoken out.
'Hmm.. Good idea, I'll give you that. How plausible is it?' he asked his friend Twilight.

After thinking for a while, Twilight finally replied: 'Yeah, I mean, we could obviously get trained volunteers, or the royal guard but that's really it. We usually use the elements of harmony or something.. I don't..'
'Here's an idea, then!' Applejack continued in amazement, as all the attention tuned in to her. 'Why don't we combine those? So one small-scale army would be searching for his location throughout the country whilst we--'
'--find the elements of harmony and use them! Of course!' Twilight interrupted and finished as Applejack intended to. 'Genius..'

As they all stood quietly from the table at once, they readied and took off for the journey. Signs were put up rather quickly around town to ask for volunteers, and many assembled near the ruins of the town hall. It was more than a mere spectacle. So many ponies leaving their daily duties in a flash to join up the volunteers, in hopes of serving their great nation from evil threats and figures, notably Mickey at the time being. As at least 200 ponies stood in rows and lines rather sparsely in the area, Twilight confidently got up the rock and started her small-scale speech to her new crews.

'Hello, everypony!' she started, confident and in a loud voice, as her friends watched over her. 'Today is a special day! We need you to go around the country, recruit, and explore! We must find this Mickey human, who has been taunting us and also kidnapped.... Pinkie Pie!' she said, as the audience gasped in shock and despair.

'But now isn't the time for tears! We shall rise up against this evil threat and destroy it for good. WHO'S WITH ME?!' she yelled, as the audience cheered and whisled in a patriotic manner, confident of their benefit. Twilight got down from her high rock and joined up with the rest of her crew, as the ponies started dispersing and running like flash to the outer corners of the town, ready to start their journeys as loyal volunteering soldiers.

The royal guard also engaged. They went along with squads of ponies in numbers, hoping to protect and further their research of the evil Mickey threat. It was the most royal guard activity the Mane 6 had ever seen in their lives, which was quite fascinating to them indeed, but even more so for the remaining crew of 5 humans. It was a beautiful, yet rather despairing spectacle.

'Hey!' a voice, rather high in pitch, was heard echoing from behind, as three little ponies marched together in a well-thought line and sat down in front of the humans, almost patting them in a way. 'We're the Cutie Mark Crusaders! May we join you today?' one started, seemingly more dominant in physical attributes.

'No, no and no!' Applejack interfered. 'You 'gals are going right back home!' she said, annoyed a little, and started pushing them back.
'Wait wait.. Who in the hell..' the Officer started, extremely confused about what just happened.
'They're the.. Cutie Mark Crusaders.. CMC.. You know, you're a bit young.. Maybe another time, huh?' Applejack reassured, as she left them in place, rather disappointed, and looked at her in despair.

In silence, the crew and the Mane 6 turned back casually to start their journey. It was around noon, and the sun was shining brightly. On their way out of town, they could still see the giant ruins of the crashed Starship. Only a fool would not see its dominance and alien-like presence. Well, it was an alien-like presence, to be perfectly honest. Turning to the right, they saw the great, dark trees that looked a bit out of place with the rest of the light and cartoonish fields. It looked damp, moist and ancient, almost too magical in nature. They stood there quietly, examining the entrance, almost checking for any traps or something, even if that wasn't the case, before once again casually continuing their journey into the literal depths of the woods.

With a few shivers then and there, the forest did not seem too supernatural, even if that kind of vibe was felt in it. It looked remote but very, very active. Almost like a rainforest, a big one at that. On the way, Twilight, as with her good intelligence, explained the history and reasons of the Everfree Forest, some tales being horrid and rather disturbing, especially at the time being and convenience, but some were also lighter, some even got out a giggle or two. It was a long, but not boring journey. In fact, the fear made it quite a stress, rather than a boredom. What could be felt was almost a claustrophobic blue gas in the air, but being unsure if it really existed or was just an illusion, they chose not to see it as a threat, for the time being. There were more important matters, anyway.

The journey seemed to take like forever. It was an endless stroll throughout endless woods. It seemed pointless at some stages, some thinking and fearing they would be inevitably lost in the endless, casual woods of strange sparse nature. That was not even suprising, considering the supernatural vibe that was visible and felt so naturally. Nothing was the same everyday in Equestria; it was not as boring sometimes as their past lives they lived so comfortably in the safety of their Spaceship. Some strange, but such convenient-looking areas could almost be marked off as non-different, as they looked so close and ressemblant to each other. It was not an everyday sight, and, whilst it was disturbing and full of so many secrets, it was not opened up for too long amongst the bigger crew.

It was a place forbidden for all good will, almost. No ponies or anybody was seen anywhere, although it was speculated by some that they caught the glimpse of a strangely constructed hut there and there, but no correct memory of it was amongst the crew, and the ponies did not have any comment on the quiet, private human conversations that they had. Detours, mostly small ones, had to be taken due to the large amounts of hazards in the area, or just mindless vines and annoying road-blocks. It was rather frustrating, at times, but just made it longer. In fact, the sunny day looked significantly darker in the forest, not including the few heavenly breaks from the endless trees that looked almost supernatural in their dryness and convenience.

As of then, the new Mickey in his new form was now strolling around, keeping to the countryside, enjoying his new, more flexible and convenient body. It was like a dream come true; this magical body of a pony just mashed in together as such, enjoying the beautiful, vivid and living sunlight coming out of the brightening sun. Although this was so, he was still as excited as when he first entered his new body, although he got more used to it now and could use it without clumsiness in consciousness or physical orientation. His new voice was sort of like an echoing, robot-like evil voice, but combined with Pinkie's light tones and Mickey's mad, extraordinary loud tones and confidently-carved tones. It was so supernatural, even for him, to accomplish such things, but in his mind, this was more like a casual work day, add in that as a side effect of immortality in beings, wise from birth or mad from life; it didn't change.

'Here it is.' started Applejack, looking towards the giant, open opening of the cave right in front of them, staring in equal amazement at the dark insides of its mysterious nature.
'Welcome to Harmony.' Twilight continued, her voice almost breaking a little as she was so amazed and happy to finally find such a wonder, and as the crew watched in equal amazement.

'It's.. It's.. Beautiful..' muttered the Officer, unknowing why he said such a thing for his nature and personality.
'Ain't it? Well, we ain't got all day, let's go, no lollygaggin'.' Applejack giggled, as the rest joined in and walked casually down inside the mysterious and powerful-looking cave.

After a rather long corridor of a few strange, but non-natural vibes, this time the crew felt they reached their objectives, but were unsure of what to do next, as Twilight started working on her inevitable magical skills once again and the carefully carved, although easily missable rock doors tore open, literally, as bright light figured on the outsides of its lair. One by one, they entered, carefully examining the gigantic, natural stone room. Around it felt like dead rocks, but the middle was the opposite of dead. A large tree, perhaps bigger than Twilight's mansion, was visible in the entire middle of the place, conveniently placed for beauty and power, as well as dominance over all living beings, even non-living for that matter. The ponies started to bow down to the tree, almost religious-like, as the human crew knelt down behind them, respecting the Great Tree for unknown reasons, as it felt the vibes forced them to do such things. It felt.. both unnatural and natural at once; inexplicable for that matter of amazement.

'Oh, great Tree. Please, wake up from your long dawn.' Twilight started muttering loudly, almost communicating with the tree as if it was truly an alive being.
As she said so, the tree started to lighten up even more, temporarily blinding the crew and the ponies, who didn't bother to look away as Moses once did. This was a god they were speaking to, not just anything or anyone. At least, that's what it felt like. Why was a totally different matter, or at least in their small, inexplicating minds. It was quiet for a while until a great voice, as if god himself had spoken, echoed throughout the room like an old man speaking, watching over all living things. Like some kind of Force.

'Yes, my little one, what do you need?' he started, brightening up at each tone and stopping, almost like a machine in itself, but it was much more than that in reality.
Twilight, a bit unsure and intimidated, answered rather quickly in possible confidence: 'The.. There is a man, called Mickey.' she continued, looking back at the crew slightly, as the Tree listened seemingly attentively, or as speculated if it was even conscious or not, or if it was so much more. 'He.. He threatens you. He threatens all of us. He threatens all of Equestria. He threatens.. Harmony.'

After listening attentively and rather desperately for the old wise tree's answers, it looked as it thought almost like a brain, which looked intensely familiar but deep down, they knew it was so much deeper than so.
'Yes.. Yes.. The Harmony.' he continued, a bit confusing in its wise words for unwise men, but with a more casual, somehow more reassuring and familiar tone of voice. 'We must protect the Harmony.'

'Yes. We must. And.. I hope we shall, however we must destroy--' Twilight started.
'Yes! The Mickey threat, I've heard.' he interrupted, confident in his tracks, thinking attentively as it seemed. 'However, I cannot afford to lose myself to the elements. I must keep clear. A sacrifice must be made.'

Everyone stopped, and looked at each other. What did he mean? What did IT mean? What did this object mean? What did this inexplicable object mean? Was it good, bad, neutral? What did it want? A sacrifice? What did that mean? Literal? True? False? Convenient? So many questions raised through the crew's heads, desperately looking for answers, or just one answer to one particular theme would be sufficient. They hoped it would not be anything too shocking or despairing, but it was inevitable, and necessary, perhaps, to convey the Mickey threat.

'A.. Sacrifice? Of whom? What?' Twilight continued, despaired for an answer.
'A sacrifice of two. Two of your living beings. I will let you decide, otherwise I cannot help you.' he replied, shocking the team.
'Why? Why do you want two of us?' Twilight continued, rather angrily in tone and force.
'I cannot use my elements again, it is too dangerous. Once was enough. Two would create more, sufficient Harmonial energy to defeat the one you speak of.' he continued, confident in itself.

'We.. We have to, it's our only choice.' Twilight sighed, looking back at the team, fully knowing their shared despair as she had.
'I volunteer.' a human suddenly jolted.
'So do I.' another did.
'Wait! What are you..' the Officer stopped them in curiosity, but they ignored him and stepped forward, much to the team's shock.

'Great Tree, I am Ethan Jackobian, and I volunteer to sacrifice.'
'Great Tree, allow me to present I am Josh Kebault, and I wish to sacrifice as well.'

Although they were rather quiet, the rest of the team looked in shock but thought nothing to try and stop them. It was a necessary sacrifice, as the tree had said. They did not bother to really said goodbye as, with great brute strenght, the tree started to lighten up once more, blinding everyone else almost, and after a minute or so of eternal confusion of whitedness and careless mess of supernatural events, the unwell-known Ethan and Josh, both brave in their dignity, were gone. Taken by the tree. Feelings were mixed; some felt anger, some felt sad, some felt neutral. In fact, some felt literally nothing. It was so bad at this point that, anything had to be tried. For the sake of the people. For their sake. For the sake of Equestria. For the sake of Harmony.

'Very well. You may now receive your powers.' the tree continued, as Twilight looked up as he suddenly jolted white bolts of power to Twilight, who exploded in white light before coming back down again, as if she teleported to some pocket dimension and suddenly came back in the fraction of a second, this time looking more vivid and bright, although that would be temporary as expected to use it against her inevitable threat.
'Use it well, Princess Twilight.' he continued, the crew gasping at the news of her royal rank, unknown truly to them before. 'Protect Harmony, and protect your people.' he finished confidently and loyally, before shutting down in bright and vividness and going back to its long-lasting dawn of everlasting light, as the crew walked back more confidently, although quietly back to the depths of the Everfree Forest, dark in its nature but holding many key, beautiful secrets.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment