• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 550 Views, 2 Comments

Life After Death - John Rim



A scavenger and a retired clone are killed during a fight, or are they?

  • ...
4
 2
 550

Chapter 5

Jack and Scrapper had just got out of the principals office signed up for school, and they also got their own locker. However since they didn't have anything they needed to drop off they had decided to go to their first class, history. They were both very excited for this class because they were both interested about this places history and culture.

"I wonder if there are any bad people here, and if there are I want to fight them." Jack said.

"I'm sort of hoping that there are, because I'm going to miss fighting those clankers." Scrapper said.

"I'm gonna miss the kick of hyperspace." Jack said.

"Agreed. I think we're here." Scrapper said.

"Do you think, that if we were to die here, that we would stay dead, or pop up someplace else?" Jack asked before they entered.

"I don't need to think about that, because we aren't going to die. Unless they have droidekas we are staying right here." Scrapper said putting his hand on his friends shoulder.

"I'm going to miss our droids." Jack said.

"I am as well, but this is our new life, and we must accept that." Scrapper said.

"I know." Jack sighed.

"Cheer up, at least your not the only one." Scrapper said smiling.

"Well, that is true brother." Jack said.

"Now lets head in and learn some stuff." Scrapper said, then they opened the doors and found out that Sunset and her friends were in the same class. However they also found out that they were two minutes late. "Crikey."

"Where have you two been?" The teacher asked.

"Naboo." Jack said.

"Very funny, make up a fake place as an excuse. Find a seat and take it." The teacher said.

"Not my fault you are planet bound." Jack said quietly, then he and Scrapper took a seat. However, while everyone else was either writing notes or talking, Jack and Scrapper were trying to figure out what the teacher was talking about.

"You in the black hoodie." The teacher said.

"My name is Jack." Jack said.

"Ok then Jack, do you mind taking off your gloves." The teacher said. Then Jack started to take off his left glove, but as he did he say that he still had his robotic arm and quickly put the glove back on.

"Yes I do." Jack said.

"And why is that?" The teacher asked.

"A secrtet that you wouldn't understand." Jack said, which in turn got quite a few unneeded gasps.

"Alright then, if you are going to act that way you can go to the principals office." The teacher said.

"Fine by me." Jack said, then he and Scrapper started to leave before the teacher spoke up.

"Not you Black shirt, only Jack." The teacher said.

"I'm going with him and you aren't stopping me." Scrapper said before following Jack out the door. Then after a bit of walking they were back at the principals office, then they opened the door and sat at two chairs in front of the desk. Then after a second Celestia came into the room and sat at her chair.

"What seems to be the problem?" She asked.

"The teacher wanted me to take of my gloves, I said no, then he asked why, and I said it was a secret he wouldn't understand." Jack said.

"What you said to him is quite rude." She said.

"What he wanted me to do is rude in my opinion." Jack said.

"How is taking off your gloves rude?" She asked.

"Something happened to him that has to do with his hand, and he isn't a big fan of showing it to people." Scrapper said.

"Alright, go back to class, and you don't have to take off your gloves if you don't want to." She said.

"Thank you." Jack said, then he and Scrapper went back to class until it was time to switch classes. Then after class they accidentally bumped into the group of girls from before.

"Oh hi Jack and Scrapper. Why did you object to taking off your gloves." Sunset asked.

"Yes, they don't look very nice, so why object?" Rarity added.

"I don't like to talk about it." Jack said.

"Well then we won't bother you about it." Sunset said. "So what class are you going to next?" She asked.

"I'm going to chemistry, and Jacks going to literature." Scrapper said.

"I'm going to chemistry too! here I can take you to the class." Sunset said walking towards the classroom.

"Me and Fluttershy are going to lit, so we can take you there." Rainbow Dash said.

"Alright then." Jack said, then he followed then to the correct class, he was glad that they had taken him, because there was a sign above the door and he had no idea what it said. Then they entered and Jack found a seat next to Fluttershy, which he was happy about. He didn't know anything about her but her shyness was quite adorable. Then the teacher told them something to write about, and gave them a time limit. But unlike everyone else, Jack was writing in galactic basic, Aurebesh. So once the time was up the students went up and put their papers on her desk. but while she was looking at them she found Jacks and held it up.

"Who's paper is this?" She asked.

"That's mine." Jack said.

"I told you to write, not draw little pictures." She said.

"I did write, in Galactic basic, surely you know what that is at least." Jack said.

"There is no such thing as this Galactic basic you speak of." She said.

"Your'e kidding right? That is the most basic language in the galaxy, the only other languages I know are Huttese and Jawa Trade Language!" Jack said.

"Well right now you are speaking English." The teacher said.

"What is English?" Jack asked.

"It is the language we are both speaking right now." The teacher said.

"My language is written differently, although it may sound like yours it is not. That is the language everyone spoke where I come from." Jack said.

"Did no one teach you English before you came here?" She asked.

"No." Jack said.

"Well then you had better learn it." She said. Then the rest of class went through until they heard the bell ring, which signaled the end of the school day. Everyone except for Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and another girl who was having a bit of trouble maneuvering, so Jack went over to help her out.

"Do you need some help?" He asked.

"I can do it, I just have a bit of a hard time knowing where things are." She said.

"I have an Idea, stay here." Jack said, then he pushed all of the desks out of her way so that she had a straight path to the door. "Does that help?" He asked as he walked up to her, and when he did he noticed that her eyes were a bit off.

"Thank you." She said, then she went to leave, but Jack noticed that she was about to miss the door by a bit. So he went up and helped her get through the door. "Thanks, again." She said before going to leave the school.

"Wow, no one ever really helps Derpy." Rainbow Dash said.

"Why doesn't anyone help her?" Jack asked.

"They just don't pay much attention to her." She said.

"Now why would that be, she seems like a perfectly nice girl." Jack said, but when he turned around he found Rainbow Dash right in front of him.

"You like her don't you?" She asked.

"I don't see why I wouldn't, she seems like a nice person." Jack said.

"No, I mean you love her." Rainbow Dash said.

"I try not to fall in love, it makes things harder, especially where I come from." Jack said.

"What do you mean?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Where I come from death is very common, so if the one I loved died I wouldn't be able to do my job." Jack explained.

"Oh." Was all Rainbow Dash could say. Then they went to the main area.

"Hey Jack, how was your class?" Scrapper asked.

"Terrible, they don't know what Galactic basic is." Jack said.

"How? They speak it!" Scrapper asked, however he only got a shrug in response.

"Well, we'll see you guys tomorrow." Sunset said, then she and her friends left to go home and hang out.

"See you." Jack and Scrapper said. "I say we stay here for the rest of our lives." Jack suggested.

"We both have a lot of credits on us, we can probably get a really nice house." Scrapper said.

"If they don't speak Galactic basic, why would they use Galactic credits?" Jack asked.

"I can see the logic behind that." Scrapper said.

"Ugh, this sweater is to hot." Jack complained as he took off his hoodie revealing a red t-shirt.

"Nice shirt." Scrapper said.

"Thanks, I came back to life with it." Jack said.

"Hah hah, now let's figure out where everything is." Scrapper said smiling.

"I have an idea, how about we see if our armour is in our lockers!" Jack said.

"Why would it be in there?" Scrapper asked.

"Magic!" Jack said doing jazz hands, and smiling a huge smile.

"Magic isn't real." Scrapper said.

"Oh right, I must be forgetting about the reviving and teleportation devise, as well as the planet occupied by colourful humans and who don't yet know about Galactic basic." Jack said mockingly.

"Fine, it's magic." Scrapper said, growling.

"Yay! also, if I find my armour in my locker do I get to shoot you in the leg with a training bolt?" Jack asked.

"Sure, but only because it won't be in there." Scrapper said.

"Alright then, and remember how much they hurt." Jack said before running to his locker.

"He can be just like a child at times." Scrapper said, then an orange kid on a scooter drove by and out the doors of the school, followed by two other kids shouting.

"Scootaloo! Get back here!" Shouted the small yellow coloured girl with red hair and freckles.

"Wait up!" Shouted the small white coloured girl with pink and purple hair. While they were running though, Scrapper stopped them.

"Was that orange girl the one you were chasing?" Scrapper asked.

"Yeah, we were going to do a project but she was listening to music and couldn't hear us." The yellow one said in a southern accent.

"Stay here, I'll get her for you." Scrapper said, then he ran in the direction he saw the orange girl, presumably called Scootaloo, head in, and while he was running in that direction he saw Scootaloo, and once he did he started to run as fast as possible, going faster than Scootaloo and stopping her by grabbing the scooter.

"Hey, what are you doing? Who are you?" She asked taking off her earbuds.

"Your friends want to talk to you about something. They're waiting for you at the school." He said.

"How do I know you aren't just trying to kidnap me?" Scootaloo asked.

"You don't, but I'm simply telling you that your friends would like to talk to you." Jack said as we walked back to the school, and after a bit of thinking Scootaloo joined him.

"I don't remember seeing you around here, are you new?" She asked.

"Yeah." Scrapper said.

"Pinkie Pie is gonna be so happy that she gets to throw you a party." Scootaloo said.

"Well, that is something to look forward to." Scrapper said.

"Her party's are the best! I know you'll like yours." Scootaloo said.

"I guess I will." He said, then they stopped at the school and saw the Yellow and white girls sitting outside. "There they are." He said, then the yellow girl noticed them and her and the white one ran over.

"Scootaloo! Why didn't you wait for us?" The yellow one asked.

"Sorry Apple Bloom, I didn't know we were going to be doing something." Scootaloo said.

"We always do something!" The white one said.

"Sorry Sweeite Belle, I didn't think we were going to today." Scootaloo said.

"Just think that we always are going to do something." Sweetie Belle said.

"Thanks for getting Scootaloo for us sir." Apple Bloom said.

"Call me Scrapper, and no problem." he said. Then the girls left to do their own thing, something about music from what Scrapper could hear. "I think I'm going to like it here, everyone seems really nice." He said, then he heard a sound like a blaster going off, then he felt a sharp pain in his leg. "AH JEDI SABERS!" He shouted, and behind him was John holding his blaster.

"SUCK IT!" John said laughing, then he held up his helmet. "MAGIC!" He shouted still laughing.

"If this wasn't a deal I'd kill you!" Scrapper shouted.

"I doubt that." Jack said as he walked over and helped Scrapper up, still laughing a bit. "I found the whole set in my locker. Which means your armour should be in your locker." Jack said.

"I'll go take a look." Scrapper said, then he went to his locker, and once he opened it he saw his Clone armour neatly put away. "Wow." He said.

"I'm wanting to know how they got in there, something better than magic." Jack said.

"You're the one who said it was magic." Scrapper said.

"I know, but it just seems to perfect." Jack said.

"Well, we'll have time to wonder about that later. Right now I'm tired." Scrapper said.

"I agree, but where should we go?" Jack asked.

"Where is a place not many people go to?" Scrapper asked.

"Basement?" Jack guessed.

"That'll work to." Scrapper said, then they found their way to the basement and fell asleep. However, it was still daylight out, and Sunset and her friends were wondering about what the two new boys meant.

"What is Galactic Basic, and why should we know it?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Maybe they're used to everyone knowing it from where they come from." Fluttershy said.

"What an odd fashion design, straight black." Rarity said.

"Should I do red, or blue balloons?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Alright, if you guys have so many questions, let's head back and ask them shall we?" Sunset asked, and everyone agreed. So they went back to the school to talk to Scrapper and Jack.

Author's Note:

I need some help with figuring out a bad guy for this story. Comment who you think the bad guy/guys should be in this. Thanks for the help!

Comments ( 1 )

I need a villain to do the next chapter. please tell me who you want it to be

Login or register to comment