• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 551 Views, 2 Comments

Life After Death - John Rim



A scavenger and a retired clone are killed during a fight, or are they?

  • ...
4
 2
 551

Chapter 3

-Canterlot High, Wednesday at Lunch-

"I was wondering we could have a sleepover at my house again this weekend." Pinkie Pie asked.

"We just did last weekend." Apple Jack said.

"You're just scared that you'll lose at Road Fighter again." Rainbow Dash said.

"Are you askin' for a rematch?" Apple Jack asked.

"Maybe I am." Rainbow Dash stated.

"I'll be there Pinkie." Apple Jack said.

"Yay! So that's one, what about the rest of you?"

"I'll go." Rainbow Dash said smiling.

"I could do makeovers again!" Rarity said.

"I guess I could go." Fluttershy whispered happily.

"I'll go, I mean, two sleepovers hasn't hurt anyone." Sunset said jokingly.

"Yay! I already have everything prepared!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily.

"Why am I not surprised." Sunset said.

-A long time ago in a dimension far far away-

"You know, after we killed that sith a year ago we haven't been getting many droids after us, and the only times that have attacked us is when we landed on the wrong planet." Scrapper said.

"It does seem a bit odd. But I wouldn't worry to much. They're probably just scared." Jack said as he put his feet onto the console, careful not to hit anything.

"I have kind of missed those Clankers." Scrapper said.

"I have to agree with you there. Heck, I think even Fixer is a bit upset about not having to fix us very much." Jack said.

"Now that I think about it, didn't that sith we killed have a master or something?" Scrapper asked.

"I think he mentioned something about that. His name was Lord Nihilus if I remember correctly." Jack said.

"I think I have heard about him before, he is supposedly very powerful, and has a whole army of droids." Scrapper said. "But I'm sure they're nothing compared to us."

"You've got that right." Jack said as they fist bumped. However, a small bit later, the warning lights on the ship went off, and the radar showed that many separatist ships were coming out of hyperspace to their exact location. "We've got company! I'll man the guns, you try to have us avoid gunfire."

"Rodger rodger!" Scrapper said jokingly.

"Hey I'm supposed to be the joker!" Jack shouted as he ran to the gunner position.

-Canterlot High, Thursday science class for Sunset-

"Today class we will be looking at the statue!" Professor Bill said.

"But that thing is magic, not sciency." One student said.

"While that is true, there is at least a bit of science behind everything! So follow me." Bill said as he lead the class outside. "Now everyone take a seat." He said, and the class did as they were instructed. He then attempted to figure out the science behind the portal. However, Sunset was not entirely paying attention, for she could have sworn she heard something coming from the portal, however it was to faded and distant for her to make out any of it. "Sunset, do you have any idea what that could mean?" Bill asked, obviously noting that she wasn't paying attention.

"Um, no." She said.

"Well then I suggest you pay attention." Bill said. Sunset then blushed at the embarrassment of being called out.

-A long time ago in a dimension far far away-

"They're here!" Scrapper shouted, then Jack started to rapidly fire at where the ships would soon be, then almost a second later two Providence-class Destroyers hopped out of hyperspace, one being exactly were Jack was firing, and it took a bit of damage before they both started to return fire, however almost all of the bolts missed, the others were deflected from the shield, at the same time, many droid fighters were quickly fleeing out of the sides of the two ships, however most of them that got into range were shot down. The others didn't get much closer though. While in the battle, Jack and Scrapper started to take more damage, because of the multiple targets they had to avoid, and coming from multiple directions. After a while though, one of the destroyers had taken enough damage to start to combust. However the other one had taken little to no damage, and continued to disperse ships and rain blaster fire. Eventually, the shield went offline for Jack and Scrappers ship, and started to take severe damage.

"We're taking too much damage! I'm going to have to land on that planet!" Scrapper shouted.

"Then hurry up and do it!" Jack shouted.

"I'm going in, but don't expect a soft landing!" Scrapper shouted as he prepared for the impact of the crash.

"Don't worry, I'm used to hard landings when you fly!" Jack shouted back.

"Sometimes I regret saving you!" Scrapper said. "Were about to hit the ground!" He shouted, then they crashed on the small planet. While they were both a little knocked around, they would manage.

"You alright down there?" Jack asked.

"Depends, what's your definition of alright?" Scrapper asked.

"Are you bleeding or badly damaged." Jack asked.

"Nope." Scrapper said.

"Good, because I think a droid drop off ship just landed." Jack said as he climbed down the ladder.

"Then let's get our stuff." Scrapper said.

"Agreed." Jack said as he put on his helmet. and pulled out his two blaster pistols.

"I've noticed your wearing the helmet." Scrapper said.

"This might be our last stand, might as well right?" Jack said as he pressed the button to open the hatch.

"As brothers we fight, and as brothers we die." Scrapper said, then they both ran out to fight the multiple waves of droids attacking them. They obliterated the majority of them, however towards the end, there were more advanced droids, such as B2 Battle droids, commando droids, and even droidekas. While they had some difficulty with the B2's and the Commandos, they were able to defeat them. That then left them with just the droidekas, however they had not brought any thermal detonators with them.

"This is were we die." Jack said as they both came out of their hiding spaces to fire at the shielded droids. However, their bolts did nothing, and after a bit of firing Scrapper was shot in the arm.

"I'm hit!" He shouted while holding his arm.

"Keep on firing!" Jack ordered, then he was shot in the leg, so he got down on one knee and continued to fire, then scrapper was hit on the stomach, but he continued fighting, then Jack was hit in the chest, knocking him back, then scrapper was shot in the head, instantly killing him. "Scrapper, no!" Jack shouted as he watched his friend fall dead. He continued to fire back, until he too, was shot in the head.

-Canterlot High, Thursday during lunch-

Sunset and her friends were sitting at the table eating and talking about how their day had gone so far. But Pinkie Pie mostly talking about plans for the sleepover. However, in front of the school at the statue, the portal was acting extremely odd, there were sparks coming from it and it was highly reflective, then a guy popped out of it wearing a black t-shirt and black jeans, he had a square white backpack and black military like haircut. He was the retired clone trooper Scrapper. He grabbed his face and then proceeded to pat his entire body down.

"How am I alive, I was shot dead!" He said. Then after he said that, another guy popped out, he had moderately long brown hair and was wearing a black hoodie, black gloves, brown jeans, and a square white backpack as well. He was the scavenger Jack.

"Ugh, wait. what is happening, I am dead! I should be dead!" he said as he got up. When he did, he saw Scrapper. He slowly reached his hand up and touched Scrappers face. Then they both started to scream, which alerted the school of their presence.

Author's Note:

This chapter will be the end of the dashes and putting a time and place in between them because everyone is in the same universe, yay! Also, incase you don't know what some of the star wars things here are then I will link their wookipedia pages below.
Providence-class Destroyer: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Providence-class_carrier/destroyer
Drop off ship: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/C-9979_landing_craft
B2 Battle droid: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/B2_super_battle_droid
Commando droid: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BX-series_droid_commando
Droideka: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droideka