• Published 16th Jul 2016
  • 550 Views, 2 Comments

Life After Death - John Rim



A scavenger and a retired clone are killed during a fight, or are they?

  • ...
4
 2
 550

Chapter 1

-Canterlot High, Friday after school-

Sunset Shimmer was sitting in front of the portal to Equestria, thinking about the choices she had made back there. It had been only two weeks since she was defeated by Twilight and her friends, and she has been getting along with her new friends. However the same can not be said about everyone else. They are still a bit nervous and sometimes a bit scared. So she was sitting there, wishing that the portal would give her a new friend, a time machine, anything to make her have more friends, but the portal did nothing, just the same old statue as before.

"Stupid portal! Why can't you just, do something!" She shouted. However, the portal continued to do nothing. She started to tear up, and went back to her house, the same as always. However, after she left, the portal started to act up.

-A long time ago, in a dimension far far away-

"Come on, they're only droids, you've fought them before multiple times!" Jack shouted to his Clone friend.

"We haven't had droids come after us on foot for a few months!" The retired clone nick named scrapper called.

"So what? You're called Scrapper for a reason!" Jack shouted as he spun around rapidly firing his two LL-30 Blaster Pistols at the oncoming droids.

"Well then, in that case, guess what I found." Scrapper said as he put on his helmet.

"What?" Jack asked.

"Two DC-17's!" Scrapper yelled as he two started to rain blaster bolts onto the droids.

"Hey, do you think we still have that Z-6 Rotary Blaster on the ship?" Jack asked.

"I thought we sold that on Tatooine." Scrapper said over the sound of blaster fire.

"Do you think it would be worth it to try and get it?" Jack asked.

"Who needs it? We have these puppies!" Scrapper said.

"You do have a point." He said as he continued to obliterate the droids. However, during the battle, they heard a lightsaber ignite, and they saw a red glow behind the droids. "Well, looks like this should be more interesting then the last times." Jack said as the destroyed the rest of the droids to reveal a sith. "What, are you sad that we destroyed all of your droids?" Jack taunted.

"Jack, that might not be the best idea, he could be very powerful." Scrapper warned.

"Let's hear his name and find out shall we?" Jack asked.

"I am Malignus, the apprentice of Lord Nihilus."

"Oh an apprentice, I'm so scared." Jack taunted as he pulled out his vibroblade.

"I will make you regret your mockery!" Malignus shouted as he rushed towards Jack, and swung his lightsaber for an attack, only to be quickly blocked by Jack.

"I'd like to see that happen." Jack taunted as they engaged in melee combat. However, after a while, Malignus started to become exhausted, and Jack started to get a bit more cocky while fighting, reverting to only using one hand, and taunting more often. However, while Malignus is exhausted, he is still a sith, and gains power from anger, and right now, he is as angry as he can be. "Aren't sith supposed to be the most power-" Jack started to taunt, but was cut off, quite literally, as his left arm was cut off. He then fell to his knees in pain. He had been shot before, so he was used to the pain of a blaster blot, however, he had never been in an encounter with a sith or a jedi. This was a new feeling of pain, however instead of crying or shouting in pain. He decided to make a joke. "You cut off the punchline." He said.

"You don't know how to shut up do you." Malignus said as he readied his lightsaber.

"I do, I just like to make people last living moments funny." Jack replied.

"What do you me-" Malignus started, but he was cut off by a blaster bolt to the back. He first fell onto his knees, facing Jack, then he fell over dead.

"Thanks Scrapper." Jack said, holding the place where his shoulder should have been. "Let's head to the ship, I think I need a new arm." He said before he fainted.

"Always with the jokes." Scrapper said before he picked up his friends unconscious body and carried him to their Dynamic-class freighter. Once inside he laid Jack onto the table and got their medical droid, which they got from a destroyed republic cruiser. They found him a bit damaged, but were able to reactivate him and fix him up. It was a 2-1B surgical droid, who of which they named fixer. Scrapper had gotten the idea from one of the Commandos in the Republic. "Hey Fixer, we need you now!" Scrapper said. After a second, Fixer came into the room to help.

"Yes Scrapper? Oh, I see, luckily I know exactly what to do. you go pilot the ship, I will tend to Jack." He said.

"Can do. Also, did you see R2-E6 anywhere?" Scrapper asked.

"He should be in the cockpit." Fixer said.

"Thanks." Scrapper thanked as he went into the cockpit, on the way there he took off his helmet and dropped it on the floor. When he got to the cockpit he saw their trusty R2 unit. It was the usual white with it's coloured parts being red. "Hello E6." Scrapper said as he came in. Getting happy whistles and beeps in return. "I can tell your happy to see me." Scrapper said. "Let's head off to tatooine to drop off today's earnings." Then they took off to their destination

Author's Note:

Here are links to the wookiepedia pages for the Star wars items encase you don't know what they are or look like.
LL-30 Blaster Pistol: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/LL-30_blaster_pistol
DC-17: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/DC-17_hand_blaster
Z-6 Rotary Blaster: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Z-6_rotary_blaster_cannon
Dynamic-class freighter: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Dynamic-class_freighter