• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 1,347 Views, 17 Comments

Operating on a Heart - The Silent King



As Spike grows older he grows more independent, Spike gets a new job assisting Nurse Red Heart. And over time she starts to see the hardworking drake in a new light, and just as she's about to tell him, disaster strikes.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,347

Friends but no Family

As the rest of the mane six surround Spike tears well in their eyes at the sight of him. Fluttershy fainted due to the pool of blood gathered on the floor. AppleJack tipped her hat to hide the vast amount of tears crawling down her face but it was a fight she was losing. Pinkies mane and tail instantly deflated, her lip quivering, as she looked upon the little dragons form. Rainbow looked away to hide the tears but couldn't stop the choked sobs from echoing out through the room. And then there was Rarity, having become better friends with Spike since his crush disbanded, they were always on good terms. Keyword "We're" reality hit her like the friendship Express as she realized she could lose her Spikey-Wikey forever. She collapsed right there and started stroking Spikes spines whispering encouraging words to herself all the while letting the tears flow. A truly heartbreaking scene to behold.

Doctor Stable came in and asked to borrow Twilight.

Muffled shouts were heard outside the door and it put everypony on edge.

Nurse Redheart stepped closer hearing the rest of the conversation.

"What do you mean there's Nothing you can do! He may be a dragon but we have the best healing techniques in the world, and magic! Twilight yelled

Doctor Stable winced and replied "We don't know if the magic will react negatively to him we'll be taking a big risk to furthering the damage more than improving it." he sighed and finished "If he doesn't start improving in the next couple weeks I...I think it means his time his up."

"What do you mean his ti-" realization hit Twilight that if he doesn't improve they would have to pull the plug.

Redheart couldn't take it anymore. Spike her Spike could be dying and all they could do was watch.

Is he slowly backed up not believing that this was true. Something bumped into her back hoof, she looked behind her, and there was Spike breathing ever so slowly. His body disfigured by someone unknown as of yet, and she was losing him.

I'm never going to get to tell him that...that I L-love him.

She broke down there and cried, cried until she could cry no more, her coat streaked with tears and eyes bloodshot. Doctor Stable had given her the day off to mourn. What was she going to do? She slowly trudged back contemplating on what to do.


_____________________________________________________________________

Spikes other friends (No I didn't forget them) watched the slow irregular breaths the drake was taking in silence mouth agape at the sight of him.

Surprisingly Big Mac was the first to speak up out of all of them.

"Who did this?" Anger clear in his voice, but sadness in his eyes. It was the second time that question was asked. All heads turned to the four princesses in the middle of the room.

Cadence took a step forward again, "the stallion that did...this, is named Buckshot Smiles. A notorious unicorn with a deep hatred for anyone or thing that is not a pony, his first attack was in Applalousa against a lone buffalo almost killing him in the process. Unfortunately we don't know what he looks like, his victims usually don't wake up..."

That did for a few more ponies as gasps and more choked sobs echoed from the room.

Soarin and Joe grit their teeth in anger that the bastard who did this is still out there.

Derpy however remained silent as the others talked. She knew she wouldn't be much help in the search against the pony who did this, she was only a mail pony what cou-

An idea popped and she bolted out of the room. If I can't help Spike at least I can spread the word. knowing the fastest mail route in PonyVille and Cloudsdale would certainly help...








Or will it?

Comments ( 9 )

This story is eerily similar to one I just started to write.

Soarin and Joe grit their teeth in anger that the bastard who did this is still out there.
Derpy however remained silent as the others talked. She knew she wouldn't be much help in the search against the pony who did this, she was only a mail pony what cou-
An idea popped and she bolted out of the room. If I can't help Spike at least I can spread the word. knowing the fastest mail route in PonyVille and Cloudsdale would certainly help...

I don't if ultimately Derpy has a real shot, but regardless of what happens with her going forward...Derpy, you are THE MAN!!!! Or MARE, considering Derpy is female!!! There's a reason why she considered probably the best mailmare in Ponyville at least, even when she makes mistakes--unlike others, I'm pretty sure she owns up for her mistakes and tries to make things right. :derpytongue2:

Thank you and I'll let you all know that the next chapter is being worked on I've just got writers block so if you have any ideas please share them.

Continue? Or forgotten?

8953299
I've been meaning to revamp both my stories but finals are tomorrow and I'm just gonna wait till summer break officially starts

8955221
ahh ok, i know how that is, good luck

Continuing Soon Or Abandoned?

10216104
My question as well

Login or register to comment