• Published 30th Jun 2016
  • 1,346 Views, 17 Comments

Operating on a Heart - The Silent King



As Spike grows older he grows more independent, Spike gets a new job assisting Nurse Red Heart. And over time she starts to see the hardworking drake in a new light, and just as she's about to tell him, disaster strikes.

  • ...
5
 17
 1,346

No pulse

The doors to the emergency room burst open as doctors, guards, and ALL 4 princesses whom were surrounding a ill looking drake turned to see the disruption.

"Nurse Redheart?" Twilight asks unsure if she had the correct pony.

"Where. Is. He" Redheart asked defensively a low growl emitting while saying so.

Twilight took an instinctive step back while Celestia too a step forward.

"Do not worry...Redheart?" Celestia asks receiving a small nod for confirmation from her. "Spike is fine as of now but he is in critical condition and I don't think you'd want to see what has happened to him in his current state." Celestia tried to keep up a stoic face but even if she was a master at showing nothing but neutrality tears we're rolling down her face as she said this.

"I. Want. To see him Now!" Redheart yelled

Ponies around the room all gasped that she just yelled at their benevolent princess, ruler of the Bucking SUN, diarch of Equestria. Surely she would be...smiling? The princess of the sun and Equestria was smiling that she got yelled at.

"Then by all means," Celestia said softly "go to him." She stepped aside.

Love truly does conquer all. Celestia thought as she stepped aside for Redheart to see Spike.

Redheart gasped at how Spike looked.

Spike had multiple stab wounds in the chest and stomach are along with numerous bruises, a black eye, a mouthful of blood, and an arm that shouldn't be bent the way it should.

Tears now flowed freely from her as she choked out one response. "W-who d-did...this?"

All princess's in the room frowned at the thought of whom caused but each princess had a different reason.

Celestia frowned in disappointment because she wanted Spike to be safe and a pony, did...this under her rule. She would've gone as far as saying Spike was her...her...son, and she failed him.

Luna frowned in anger as one of her first few friends were harmed and under her beautiful night no less. She would have that stallion hang from the gallows for what he did.

Cadence frowned in sadness as she had wanted to tell something to Spike but being the ruler of an empire made it hard for her to have some quality time with Spike.

Twilight frown was one that could make a ponies heartbreak at the sight. She blamed herself entirely having been his guardian. He was like a little brother to her and one of her oldest friends.

Cadence was about to step forward but was stopped by the doors of the E.R. Bursting open...again standing there was the rest of the main six and Spikes best friends Big Mac, Derpy Whooves, Donut Joe, and Soarin the Wonderbolt.

Each all cried in unison as they looked upon Spike's figure.

"SPIKE!!!"

Author's Note:

I just wanted to shout out that his story is dedicated to FamousLastWords, with his story Heart Invasion 101 the first story I ever read on fimfiction.