• Published 27th May 2016
  • 901 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Girls and The Black Cat - EquineAvenger



The Equestria Girls become trapped in the home of a dark priest when Sunset Shimmer is taken there for help after a road accident.

  • ...
5
 14
 901

Chapter 6

Poelzig had won the game of fate against his opponent, Werdegast, for the fate of the seven girls. The girls had now been locked up in the house and were now forced parts in Poelzig’s dark plans. Werdegast, however, still had some questions that needed to be answered.

“Hjalmar, what exactly do you have planned for those girls?” Werdegast demanded to know. Poelzig took the book from last night out of his dress coat, opened it to the pages he read, and showed his old friend whose reaction was utter shock.

“Did you know, Vitus, that your patient, Sunset Shimmer, is not what she appears?” Poelzig asked intriguing the doctor. “I spoke to her last night, she confided in me some very interesting details about her past. I believe there is a being of darkness resting within that girl and I intend to reunite it with its own kind tonight.” He explained with malevolent expectation. Werdegast looked at the architect as if he were looking at a madman. He knew he had to come up with a plan to save the girls and put an end to Poelzig once and for all.

Later that afternoon, Poelzig played a Bach toccata on his great organ in the main room in the terrace to celebrate his victory. While he played his loud and echoic tune, Werdegast saw an opportunity to take the key to the girls’ rooms and snuck up the stairs.

Sunset sat locked up in her room on her bed trying to think up a plan of escape when she heard her door unlock and in walked Werdegast. She leaned back as if fearing he might hurt her.

“Child, I hope you are not afraid of me.” Werdegast said gently.

“Where are my friends?” Sunset demanded almost in hysterics. “What have you done with them?”

“I?!” Werdegast exclaimed. “Surely you don’t think…”

“It was your servant who struck them down! Where are they?”

“Shhh!” Werdegast gently shushed her, then proceeded to explain everything. “Please child, listen to me. We’re all in danger. Poelzig is a mad beast. I know, I’ve seen the proof. He took Karen, my wife, murdered her. And murdered my child, Kathrine.”

“So you’re not friends after all.” Sunset said. “Then why are you helping him?”

“I wait my time.” Werdegast assured her. “It shall be soon, very soon. Until then, I must do his bidding. That is why even my servant obeys him. Did you ever hear of Satanism, the worship of the Devil, of Evil?” Sunset nervously shook her head no. “Poelzig is the great modern priest of this ancient cult, and tonight, the dark of the moon, the rites of Lucifer are celebrated. If I’m not mistaken, he intends for you to play a part in that ritual, a very important part.” Terrified, Sunset got up from her bed and Werdegast gave her a warm and friendly embrace to keep her calm. “There child, be brave. No matter how hopeless it all seems. Be brave, it is your only chance. I must go warn the others now.” With that, Werdegast left the room and locked the door leaving Sunset only to hope for the best.

Meanwhile, down in the underground lair, Spike was still desperately trying to break out of the room he was locked in. He knew his friends were in trouble and had to get out and help them. But it was no use, the door wouldn’t budge.

“No, please open!” Spike yelled as he continued to scratch at the door. “I gotta get out of here! I gotta help Twilight and my friends!” After awhile of no success, the tired puppy stopped, walked over to the wall on the left side of the door, and rested his head against one of the large bricks that made up the wall. He was beginning to lose hope, it take a miracle to get him out. Suddenly, he felt himself nudge forward. He looked up and saw that the brick he leaned his head against was now deeper into the wall. He pressed his paw against it and it moved in a little deeper. Then he realized that brick was loose and if he could push it out of its place, it would create an exit for him to escape the room. Immediately, Spike started pushing against the brick, moving a little more each time.

Back up stairs, Werdegast had just told Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, and Rarity everything he had told Sunset and they were just as horrified as she was.

“Oh goodness!” Fluttershy exclaimed visibly terrified.

“This is the absolute worst possible thing!” Rarity declared.

“What are we going to do?” A scared Twilight asked, things were much worse than she expected.

“Like I told Sunset.” Werdegast told them. “We all have to be brave.” Then he noticed that the organ music had stopped which meant it was time for him leave before he aroused any suspicion. “Trust me, everything will be alright.” With that, he left the girls’ room and locked it. Disturbed and frightened by this new revelation, the girls felt they had no choice but to put their faith in Dr. Werdegast.

Werdegast walked down the stairs to find Poelzig at the bottom waiting for him with a suspicious look on his face and holding and stroking his black cat. The architect saw the key in his hand and held out his own hand demanding it. Werdegast was extremely uncomfortable being so close to the dark creature, but he handed the key to his old friend who then proceeded up the stairs to check on the girls.

Back upstairs, Sunset saw the door that connected her room with another unlock and open and in walked a girl about her age wearing a black night gown. She looked almost exactly like Sunset only with golden hair.

“Who are you?” The girl gently asked Sunset. “I’ve never seen you before, have I?”

“No, I don’t think you have.” Sunset answered.

“I’m Kathrine, Madame Poelzig.” The girl introduced herself.

“Kathrine?” Sunset exclaimed surprised and confused, she had the same name as Werdegast’s deceased daughter. “Not Kathrine Werdegast?”

“Yes.” Kathrine replied surprised that this girl knew her surname. “How did you know my name?”

Sunset realized she was the daughter of Werdegast. “I know your father.”

“Oh no.” Kathrine politely disagreed. “You are mistaken, my father died in prison. Poelzig married my mother. She died when I was very young.”

“And he married you?” Sunset asked trying to figure things out. “You’re his wife?”

“Yes.”

Sunset then realized everything. Poelzig had lied to Werdegast’s family about his death, married and killed his wife, and married his step-daughter. He had also lied to Werdegast himself about the death of his child. Little did the two girls know was that Poelzig was on the other side of Sunset’s bedroom door listening to their conversation and he didn’t look happy with what he was hearing.

“Kathrine, listen to me.” Sunset tried to explain. “Your father is not dead. I know, he’s here in this very house. He’s come for you.” Kathrine’s gentle smile started fading as she began to realize that what Sunset was telling her was serious, and quiet possibly the truth. “Kathrine, do you understand me? Your father has come for you!”

But then Poelzig came into the room holding his cat. Both Sunset and Kathrine had looks of fear on their faces as Poelzig gave Kathrine a murderous glare; this was the very reason he wanted her to stay in her room the entire day. He nudged his head silently telling her to go back in her room. Kathrine fearfully and obediently obeyed. Poelzig locked Sunset’s door and gave the red and yellow-haired girl a smile that promised evil as he walked into Kathrine’s room, closed the door and locked it. Sunset crept up to the door to hear what was happening in the adjoining room. But what she heard on the other side filled her with horror and sadness.

“NO, Hjalmar!” She heard Kathrine fearfully protest. “PLEASE! AAAAHHHHH!”

Sunset shed tears of sorrow as she feared the worst for Kathrine and how her real father what take the news. Inside the adjoining room, the black cat sat on a dresser and watched as its master committed his dark deed.