• Published 27th May 2016
  • 901 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Girls and The Black Cat - EquineAvenger



The Equestria Girls become trapped in the home of a dark priest when Sunset Shimmer is taken there for help after a road accident.

  • ...
5
 14
 901

Chapter 2

It was the middle of the night, it had been quite a few hours since the train’s departure, it was raining, but now it had finally arrived at its destination. The girls had gathered their luggage and were debarking the train along with Dr. Werdegast. An enormous, muscular, and quiet man wearing a long raincoat and hat accompanied them carrying some of Werdegast’s luggage.

“Pardon me, allow me to introduce my trusted servant, Thamal.” Werdegast introduced his tall assistant. “I’m afraid he is incapable of speech so don’t expect him to say much.”

“That’s alright. Mah big brother, Big Mac, don’t talk much either.” Applejack replied.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Pinkie Pie.” Pinkie greeted Thamal and held out her hand. But the man did nothing and just continued staring at her with a serious and intimidating expression on his mustached face.

The girls, Dr. Werdegast, and Thamal stood waiting at a bus stop in the heavy rain.

“Hey, girls.” Twilight whispered to her friends. “Did any of you find anything a little off about Dr. Werdegast?”

“Well now that you mention it, he didn’t exactly sound very happy about going to meet an old friend.” Sunset Shimmer whispered back.

“Well, he did tell me how he had been tortured in a terrible prison during his soldier days and hasn’t seen his family for more than fifteen years.” Pinkie said.

“Perhaps he’s just a little tense from his memories of the war.” Applejack suggested.

“Do you think there might be a friendship problem involved in all this somehow?” Rarity asked.

“Well if there is, then I know some certain experts in friendship that might be able to solve it.” Sunset said. All the girls smiled in agreement, they knew she was talking about them. Soon enough, a bus arrived at the stop.

“Hello, where are you all off to?” the bus driver asked opening the bus doors.

“We’re all going to Griffonstone.” Rainbow Dash declared proudly and the other girls nodded in agreement.

“I’m going to Engineer Poelzig’s house.” Dr. Werdegast told the driver.

A nervous expression came across the driver’s face when he heard that. “Very well, it’s on the way to Griffonstone so you’ll be dropped off first.” With that, everyone boarded the bus and got their luggage secured. Once they were all seated the driver closed the doors and took off into the dark rainy night.

The road trip was a little shaky because the pouring rain had made the road very slippery and the loud sounds of thunder could be heard.

“It’s too bad about the rain, it makes the road very slippery.” The driver said to his passangers. “Did you know that this road was built on a huge battlefield?”

“No, really?” Twilight Sparkle asked fascinated.

“That’s right. Tens of thousands of men died here. The ravine down there was piled twelve feet with dead and wounded men. The river below was swollen red, a raging current of blood, and that hill up there were Engineer Poelzig now lives was the sight of a great fort. He built his home on its very foundation. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to build a house on a land that is practically one big graveyard.”

While some of the girls looked fascinated by the driver’s history lesson, Werdegast looked disturbed as if remembering a terrible memory. Suddenly, the bus swerved to the left off the road. The road had become so slippery that the driver had lost control of the vehicle. Fluttershy screamed as the bus went off the road, down the hill, crashed into a tree, and tipped on its right side.

After a moment, almost everyone had climbed out of the overturned vehicle. Sunset Shimmer had sustained an injury that had knocked her unconscious and was held in Thamal’s arms. The other girls were alright but shocked by the accident and very worried for their injured friend. Twilight held Spike in her arms, luckily he was alright too.

“The driver is dead.” Werdegast said after examining the driver who unfortunately didn’t survive.

“What’ll we do?” Rarity asked getting scared.

“I’m afraid we’ll all have to stay at Poelzig’s house.” Werdegast told them. And so they all grabbed what luggage they could carry and followed Werdegast up the muddy hill toward the home of the mysterious engineer, Poelzig.

They all arrived safely at the front door and Werdegast rang the door bell. A strange-looking and grouchy-faced man in a night robe answered the door.

“Engineer Poelzig?” Werdegast asked the man.

“Master Poelzig has retired.” The servant man said.

“Engineer Poelzig will be expecting me, I’m Dr. Werdegast.” Werdegast introduced himself and bowed his head. Then the servant stepped aside to let everyone in and closed the door once they had all entered.

The interior of the house was very strange. It had a very surreal design with Art Deco designs of black cats almost everywhere.

“Wow! I must say this Poelzig really has some interesting taste.” Rarity commented as she observed the interior of the house. Werdegast, however, looked uneasy about the interior decorations.

“We’ve had a terrible accident.” Werdegast told the servant in a serious tone. “Awaken Master Poelzig at once and take us somewhere were I can dress the young lady’s injuries.” So the servant led the group up a curved staircase to the next floor. “A man was killed. Telephone the authorities in Griffonstone and inform them.” He also told the servant. When they reached the next floor, they were met by a maid and where led to a bedroom where Sunset’s body was gently placed on a bed for Dr. Werdegast to work.

In a dark bedroom with very little light, in a huge king-sized bed, a young woman who looked to be around the same age as the girls lay on the left side of the bed and on the right lay a figure covered in shadow.

“Dr. Werdegast has arrived.” Said a voice over an intercom near the bed.

Hearing this, the shadowy figure rose from the bed and turned on a small light. The light created a silhouette of the mysterious figure who appeared to be a man. The silhouetted man slowly walked across the room from his bed to the door.

Inside the bedroom, Sunset lay unconscious on the bed. Her extremely worried friends were either by her side or doing whatever they could to help Dr. Werdegast with his procedure. The maid came in with a bowl of water for Werdegast to wash his hands in. It was important for doctors to always wash their hands before handling a patient. After a while of examining the red and yellow-haired girl, Werdegast put his tools down.

“Is she going to be alright?” Fluttershy asked nervously.

“There is no need to worry my dear, I’m sure after a goodnight sleep she will be quite alright.” Werdegast told her gently and confidently. This news help ease the girls’ tension a little. Werdegast took out a needle and gave Sunset one little shot to be on the safe side. Pinkie flinched at the shot, she knew how painful those were, but she was still happy that her friend was going to be okay.

Before anyone could celebrate, the bedroom door opened and there stood a tall, malevolent-looking man wearing a dark priestly robe. He looked to be in his early to mid-forties, his hair was formed into a jagged widow’s peak on his forehead, and he wore no friendly smile on his face. After entering the room, the man’s attention was immediately drawn to the sleeping red and yellow-haired girl. There was something about that girl that drew him to her. Upon seeing this stranger, the other girls’ feelings of relief were turned back to nervousness by the sight of this creepy man who gave off a commanding presence. Werdegast got to his feet and approached the man with a serious look on his face.

“It has been a long time, Hjalmar.” He greeted the man and then said with a friendly smile: “The years have been kind to you.” The man said nothing, no thank you for the compliment, nothing. “There was an accident on the road below. We are all very fortunate to be alive.” He informed the man he called Hjalmar. “These girls are going to Griffonstone. This one is slightly injured.” He referred to Sunset, then walked over to the bed and put on his dress coat on. “I took the liberty of bringing them here.”

“Of course.” Hjalmar replied emotionlessly.

“She will sleep now.” Werdegast announced. Hjalmar bowed his head to the girls and opened the door for him and Werdegast to leave. Before leaving Hjalmar took one last desirous look at Sunset before closing the door. Once both men were gone, the girls once again felt relief.

“Is it me or was that new guy just creepy?” Rainbow asked. The other girls nodded in agreement.

“He must be Engineer Poelzig.” Twilight said. “Werdegast’s friend whom he’s been eager to meet.”

“I don’t know what he sees in him but they must’ve found someway to be friends like we all have.” Rarity said.

“I don’t know, there was something that seemed a little off about their reunion.” Twilight said.

The girls decided to forgo the strange meeting and focus on their healing friend who still lay out like a light in bed.