• Published 11th May 2016
  • 328 Views, 1 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Cupcake Surprise - Unstoppable



Pinkie Pie misplaced her cupcakes with one of her friends. She doesn't know which one and she can faintly remember a pinkie promise about returning them. She becomes very, very upset as a result.

  • ...
 1
 328

Twilight Will Highlight

The sun was beginning to set. "Not much longer", muttered Twilight as she stood hunched over her work. For her, the setting sun was a mixed bag. On the one hoof, the lack of sunlight made the crafting of the potion she had been working on for the last hour more difficult. The books were harder to read and the colors of the potions were harder to distinguish by candle light relative to sunlight. On the other hoof...Pinkie. Pinkie was a pony Twilight knew she had to avoid until the sun set.

Once the sun set, Twilight could offload the cupcakes to another pony safely without risking Pinkie catching word of the transaction and interfering. Pinkie had a habit of being able to gain information from any pony she met. She can also sense when a big change is about to happen through her Pinkie sense. So, Twilight deduced that if all the ponies in Ponyville were asleep Pinkie wouldn't be able to talk to anyone to get any information out of them. When are all the ponies asleep? They all sleep at night. So Twilight had to wait for nighttime to stop Pinkie from asking the right questions. She may be able to get any information she wants, but she has to ask the right questions to get useful information. Her Pinkie sense would tell her exactly what to ask and four other ponies existed that knew about the cupcakes other than Twilight and Pinkie Pie so that meant that four other ponies were at risk of telling Pinkie the next part of the plan. Any other pony might not know about the plan or the cupcakes but they would be able to tell Pinkie where they last saw Twilight which meant they would still lead Pinkie to her.

Twilight smiled a little as she put a drop of oak wood extract into her potion. She did this partially because she was pleased with how the potion was coming along and partially because of the genius of her plan. That beautiful book on long-term strategy that Celestia leant to Twilight had done wonders. No wonder Celestia was always able to keep things in check while seeming to do so little. All of the work was always done behind the scenes.

*knock, knock, knock*

A series of three knocks slowly tapped on Twilight's door and, due to the relative silence up until that point, they were heard throughout the entire castle. Twilight recoiled her head back and put on a puzzled expression on her face. "Who could that be?", wondered Twilight.

She left the room she was in and moved down the hallway and through a series of corridors before eventually ending up at the front door. She swung the door open and-

"Hey Twilight", chirped Pinkie.

"Aah!", was Twilight's only response as she jumped in the air and began to fly as fast as she could down the hallway she had just come.

"Twilight wait, come back here!" Pinkie yelled. She began to run down the same hallway Twilight had just gone down. Until now Pinkie had been very happy and cheerful. She had planned to simply ask Twilight about the cupcakes and see what she had to say but this response from Twilight by Pinkie's mere presence confirmed that she was definitely hiding the cupcakes or at least the knowledge about their location and Pinkie was not happy about it. She was not happy about it one bit.

"have to *heave* reach *heave* the lab", thought Twilight. She was gasping for breath due to the speed she was going in her quest to make it back to the lab on time. She had to reach the lab in order to finish the potion she was working on. This was her backup plan in case Pinkie had managed to reach her before she could offload the cupcakes and she had to execute it.

Going down the hallway, she sees a door open up and Spike walk out the door. "Spike!", yelled Twilight "Spike you have to pull the lever. Pull the lever Spike!"

In an incredible stroke of perfect planning, Twilight figured that she may be in just this situation and thought it would be best to set up a system to buy her enough distance over Pinkie in order to reach the destination with enough time to finish the potion. She had installed a series of traps and contraptions in order to slow down Pinkie Pie enough to buy her the time she needed. She had instructed Spike to set off the system with a lever connected to the pulley system that would initiate the contraption. She hadn't told Spike why or what this whole cupcake ordeal was but he made sure he knew enough to be able to complete the task.

During this whole fiasco, Spike stood in the doorway a minute before internalizing the instruction Twilight had just given. Before he could turn around to begin making his way to the pulley, however, Pinkie had caught up to the spot where Spike was in her effort to catch Twilight. She quickly ran past Spike only to backtrack a little and turn her head in order to great Spike.

"Hi Spike.", grinned Pinkie "How are you today?"

Spike, with a slightly surprised expression on his face, said "uuuuh pretty good Pinkie, how are you?"

"I'm super. I just have to talk to Twilight. I think she broke a Pinkie promise" responded Pinkie.

"Pinkie promise?" questioned Spike "what Pinkie Promise?"

"Oh, it was about this batch of cupcakes and-" answered Pinkie Pie before Twilight, now very off in the distant echoed out "Spiiiike, if you had pulled the lever I would have heard lots of thuds and clanks by now".

With that Spike snapped back into action and yelled back "Just a second Twilight. I'm almost there!" before turning back to Pinkie and saying, "give me a second Pinkie I just have to go do this one thing for Twilight".

To which Pinkie responded with, "Hey no problem. She may have broken a Pinkie Promise but she's still my friend and we'll make amends in the end anyways cuz that's what friends do. I can go help out with that lever thing if you want".

"Sure, why not" responded Spike.

They then proceeded to make their way to the lever and afterward pulled it...

*clack clack ClACK CLACK CLACK CLACK*...*THUD*

"That's more like it!", echoed Twilight from the distance.

"So what was that lever for anyways?", asked Pinkie.

"I donno", responded Spike "Something about stopping a pony from reaching Twilight. I didn't get too much info about it from her. I know this lever activated a whole heap of pressure sensitive traps that are set off by tiles on the floor, however".

"WHAT!" yelled Pinkie.

"Thanks, Spike" echoed Twilight upon hearing Pinkie yell.

"oh, I guess that pony was you wasn't it Pinkie?" Spike responded flatly.

Pinkie nods her head sadly.

"Well, no good comes crying over spilled milk. Everyone knows you just go out and buy more milk anyways. I guess I'll go do that after catching up with Twilight. Bye Spike. Seya later." said Pinkie.

"Bye Pinkie. I'm going to go outside for a while. I think the noise in here is going to be too loud to sleep, for a while" said Spike.

With that, Pinkie began to make her way to the entrance of the first hallway. She took one step and....*click* *THUD* A pressure sensitive tile is depressed as a result of Pinkie's step and a giant slab suddenly lurches up twenty feet in front of her before slowing it's speed of ascent and climbing up to eventually close up the hallway. Another thud is heard as the door finishes closing up and Pinkie stairs with a blank face at the door directly in front of her.

Pinkie gives off a loud sigh and says, "This is gonna be a loooong trip to Twilight." before realizing she hears laughing in the distance. The laughing is coming from Twilight, who has probably become giddy because she wishes she could see the expression on Pinkie's face right now. Its grumpiness. Pinkie's expression is grumpiness by the way.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment