• Published 11th May 2016
  • 327 Views, 1 Comments

Pinkie Pie's Cupcake Surprise - Unstoppable



Pinkie Pie misplaced her cupcakes with one of her friends. She doesn't know which one and she can faintly remember a pinkie promise about returning them. She becomes very, very upset as a result.

  • ...
 1
 327

Applejack is Up to Bat

Applejack was down by the farm when she suddenly got a bad feeling. She thought about it for a second and then just shrugged it off. Normally she wouldn't be feeling this paranoid but today was...different. She had a secret she had to keep from a certain pink pony and she needed to make sure she kept it well. Surely she would be able to keep things quite for one da-

"Hey Applejack", chirped Pinkie Pie.

Those words caused a chill to go down Applejack's back.

"Feeling a little cold Applejack?", asked the pink pony.

"Wha, how could you eve-"

"it's a gift", interrupted Pinkie Pie "what can I say? I can see things that are well hidden"

Applejack Gulped, "Well, regardless I hav-ta get back to my chores Pinkie so if you don't mi-" Applejack explained before suddenly getting interrupted for the second time while talking.

"I'm sorry Applejack I'll just be a minute" brimmed Pinkie before proceeding to stare at her...a few seconds passed....a few more passed...during this entire exchange Applejack looked at Pinkie Pie with a blank stair while Pinkie stared back with a brimming smile.

"What are you doing?" questioned Applejack.

"I'm taking a minute", responded Pinkie "I really only needed a few seconds but I asked for a minute so might as well spend it".

"Oh for crying out- look, just ask what it is that you want to ask" exclaimed Applejack "I'm here for you as a friend so just tell me what you need and I'm sure I'll be able to help you" Applejack ended this line with a warm smile and waited for a second before Pinkie Pie spoke up again.

"I wanted to ask you about some cupcakes" Pinkie Pie responded slowly.

With this Applejack's heart suddenly lurched into action and she began to stutter "C-c-cupcakes? I don't know nothin about n-no cupcakes Pinkie Pie. I spent the last couple of hours c-cleaning around the farm" Applejack's heart was racing. She knew she had to get out of this situation fast. "Curses", thought Applejack "who told her? Was it Rarity? Maybe it was Twilight? No, I bet it was Fluttershy. It must have been Fluttershy she is the one to always go around blabbing out things that she shouldn't"

"That's funny" Pinkie Pie slowly said "because I heard from a little bird-sorry-tree that you knew something about my cupcakes"

"Huh?" Applejack said, "w-what was the last place ya saw them?" At this point, she was desperate to get out of the situation. Maybe she could push off the secret to someone else who also knew. She just had to make sure Pinkie Pie wasn't talking about a DIFFERENT batch of cupcakes. I mean she works for the Cakes so maybe this was a different batch. Right? It has to be. She couldn't have possibly remembered just how gooood those cupcakes were, right? Maybe this was a bulk shipment that couldn't get remade in a hurry.

"Oh, last time I saw them-" Pinkie Pie calmly said while checking her hoof for scruff marks. She then snapped her eyeballs up to look directly at Applejack "was at last night's party".

Applejack completely shut down. She said the only words that could come to her mind "o-o-oh th-th-those cupcakes? Y-y-ya I've seenm ar-round. Twilight ha-d-d em last I saw them"

"You sure?" questioned Pinkie Pie.

"y-ya I'm p-p-positive" Applejack nervously said.

"Ok Applejack. I understand now. Thank you for telling me the truth. Oh and Applejack, I know it was you that had them last", Pinkie Pie flatly said "but don't worry, I'm not mad at you. You were just keeping a Pinkie Promise" Pinkie Pie ended cheeringly.

"You knew!?" yelled Applejack "How is that even POSSIBLE!?"

"Didn't I just tell you silly?", Pinkie Pie responded, "I can see things that are well hidden".

With that, Pinkie Pie slowly walks away from the barn and leaves Applejack to continue her chores in silence and shock.

"Hmm", pondered Pinkie Pie "that still doesn't answer all the questions...Oh well, I guess I'll find out in the end anyways".

With that last thought out of her head, Pinkie proceeded to hop her way back to the main part of Ponyville which was just a turn around the corner from Twilight's castle.

With A smile on her face and feeling of happiness, Pinkie Pie starts to make her journey to Twilight, who was clueless as to the situation. Or was she clueless? Twilight, being Twilight, had prepared herself for this situation in fear that it would come true. Pinkie, being Pinkie, made sure that this specific situation was to be the one to come to fruition. Both of them would be surprised at the resolve of the other to meet the goal they had set out for themselves. Twilight had a secret to keep and Pinkie Pie...well she had cupcakes to find. Neither one could have possibly known what was about to commence. Soon, however, they would face off to find out who would be able to meet their goal....and who wouldn't.