• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,219 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,219

PreviousChapters Next
The Algorithm: Breaking and Entering

Rogue Chaos- The Algorithm: Breaking and Entering


Shortly after everyone got themselves situated, things looked to be working out well for the Battleborn that just got the chance to meet each other. However, all of that was abruptly ended when Whiskey and Oscar Mike fought each other in the center of the base… only to get themselves interrupted by Ghalt.

“Everyone listen up! The UPR’s got a big problem,” He stated, just making everyone else confused as they looked back at him before he continued to speak. “A rogue magnus AI has seized control of one of their old Bliss Settlements, and they’ve called for us to help clear it out.” All that did was cause Kleese to chuckle to himself in amusement as he looked back at the Captain.

“Pfft… Nothing we can’t handle,” He proclaimed. “Apropos of nothing, did the UPR mention a name?”

“Yes actually,” Ghalt replied. But what he said next caused the old man to feel chills down his spine with just one word. “ISIC.”

“Oh… Well then… Heh! We’re all going to die… lovely.” He groaned, only to cause some of the group to look back at him in confusion.

“Okay, if we need to clear this place out, then we should send a team of five to get the job done,” Reyna spoke up. “Of course, I would’ve recommended my guys, but I think you might shoot me down because of the fact that you want all of us to work together as a team, Ghalt?” During that moment though, the Valkyrie felt something on her shoulder as she turned to see Discord standing there at attention.

“Why five, Grandma?” he asked. “Why doesn't everyone join?”

“Because too many people storming the place would attract too much attention,” Reyna told him. “And also, we would want to make sure that… the bad guys don’t try to attack the base again right?” She might’ve been skeptical at first, but having Discord around still was… interesting so to speak. “Tell me Discord… are you familiar with the roles of a squad?”

“They always on point?” He asked, followed by him snapping his fingers and a cinnamon roll popping out of nowhere. “Hungwy?”

“That’s part of it. Different people in Squads play different roles. Someone like Whiskey or Orendi would play the roles of an attacker since they have more offensive capabilities, while Toby would be a defender given the tricks of the trade that he has. I’m what you would call a supporter. Someone who attacks enemies, but also helps the rest of the squad while they fight.” She explained, taking the cinnamon roll and saving it for later while looking back at Ghalt. All before she smirked at the captain “So who did you have in mind for this one, Captain?”

“Easy. Montana and Oscar, you're up.” Ghalt told them, followed by looking in Reyna’s general direction. “You two are also a part of this as well.”

“Wait, what-?”

“Yay!!” Discord cheered.

“We're with the cute one!?” Montana asked. “Awesome!!!”

“I just wanna shoot some baddies!” Oscar announced. “Let's go, buddy! Pound it!” Before the two could fish bump each other, a large bag of money fell on both of their heads, knocking out Oscar, but leaving a bruise on Montana’s head. Discord had a smile on his face.

“I pounded it!” he said.

“Different pound, little guy.” Montana said with a sigh of patience.

“Now we just need one more.” Ghalt said.

“I'll go.” Thorn spoke, readying her bow & arrows. “That land was ruined by the machines! Vengeance will be brought to nature!” Discord cheered, having Reyna and himself appear right next to Montana and Oscar Mike while the Eldrid ranger soon showed up next to them. Ghalt himself laughed a little at Discord's trick, all before being punched in the shoulder by Reyna.

“Ooookay then… Looks like we have our squad. Now to get you down to Bliss.”


Upon touching down on the frozen moon colony of bliss, all five of them soon got an incoming transmission that synched them to Ghalt, Kleese and also Nova, their ships AI. As they prepared their weapons and gear, they soon heard Nova talk to them over the mic. “Welcome to Fort Ocoban. I’ve detected the Rogue Magnus AI somewhere in the mining colony.”

This though, caused everyone to look at one another in confusion while also leading to Kleese on the other end to speak up. “Somewhere? Can’t you be more specific?”

“Well, if you’re going to be a jerk about it, you can help them find ISIC. Hey guys, Kleese is going to help.”

“No wait-! I-. Uh…”

“Kleese has got this you guys, I’m taking five.” The AI said, shortly before going silent. However, the figure of expression she used wasn’t well understood by the youngest member of the squad.

“Taking five what? What is she taking five of!? Pwease don’t eat my pancakes ghost lady!!” The youngling said, only causing Reyna to facepalm herself as she looked at the rest of the squad. The Valkyrie groaned to herself while Montana was trying to calm down Discord in the process as they all stepped outside. However, what they all heard was something that wasn’t Ghalt or Kleese as they looked up to see a skull on several monitors and hear a voice through the loudspeaker.

“Attention Minions, my douchebag sensors are going all kinds of bonkers! It appears that one (or several) douchebags have infiltrated the facility. The algorithm must be processed! Send ‘em packing!” The voice boomed. “Oh and the first one to capture that weird looking draconequus with the strange horns gets a gold star!! Have fun minions!!”

“A Dwacon-wha-!?” Discord tilted his head in confusion. “And what's a Douchebag?”

“... Shayne is going to be mad once she hears this.” Reyna told herself before looking at Discord. “Okay Discord, I need you to stay by me. Apparently, this ISIC seems to know a bit about you and rather take you by force instead of asking politely.”

“Awe we going to have fun!?”

“Plenty of fun!” Oscar spoke. “Just stick with us and blast everything you see!” Discord eyes widened as he looked like a kid inside of a candy store. Using his chaos magic, he conjured a replica of Ghalt’s shotgun before hopping onto Montana’s huge shoulders and began to attack the robots that were trying to flank him. Montana’s machine gun whirled, and a storm of bullets came out! Everyone else ran across the bridge as they began to fight the robots that were swarming on their location; Oscar Mike cocked his assault rifle and fired, Reyna readied her pistol and fired, Thorn manually released the arrows that were clipped onto her at the machines. Discord fired the Ghalt Shotgun-revolver hybrid from Montana’s shoulder, picking the ones from behind the mountain of a man before switching to Rath’s swords.

“SLICY!!!” He cheered, to cut down some of the Striker drones that came in too close for comfort. Only for no more soldiers to come at them as one of the squad went to go check to see if there was any sort on entry through a side door.

“Dead end!” Oscar Mike said once they reached the end of the platform and went inside a small room to only find the doors jammed. “What do we do now-?”

“Incoming, on your six!” Reyna snapped, shielding Oscar Mike from a few of the bots that would explode once close enough… and seeing all of the others coming from the other end of the fort. “Okay, is it just me or did we kick up a robot hornet nest?” Thorn sniffed the air.

“This way!” she said, taking lead.

“Follow Katniss!” Discord spoke, while he was wearing a tied ponytail with the back of his mane.

“I'M NOT KATNISS!!!” A mockingbird passed by with a familiar whistle. Thorn could only groan to herself as the team advanced and made it to the end of the line. Where they saw several orange grids around the air ventilation shafts upon their approach.

“Well, looks like the only way inside is going to be through those shafts. If you find a way to disable the security grid and also destroy the portals used to summon his minions, finding ISIC might be easier than we anticipated.” Kleese spoke to everyone over the intercom. Discord summoned Benedict’s rocket launcher.

“Here comes the Boom!” He said, firing the rockets at the minion portals. The robots were destroyed along with the portals. “Aw… no more!?” his lips quivered with sadness.

“Hang on little guy, we can fix that for you.” Reyna told him, just as she noticed Oscar Mike disengage the security grid… followed up by another heartwarming and “friendly” message from ISIC.

“Oh no!! It appears that the security system has been vandalized and now, the air ventilation shafts are exposed. I hope my pursuers don’t follow them by the means of these shafts… that would mean they would go directly into my lair!”

“I don't like this ISIC.” Discord commented.

“Don’t worry Discord. When we find that crazy psycho bot, I can find a way to reprogram him so he can be fighting on our side. It won’t exactly erase his murderous personality complex, but at least that’s being used for us rather than against us. Otherwise, we would all be screwed.” Kleese replied.

“And we’ll also get an answer on Discord with what he is and how he knows him, right?” Ghalt added.

“Fine, we can ask that as well…… as a bonus.” Kleese groaned as the five of them slid down through the shafts and were greeted by a few of the minions that were waiting in there. They were easy to clear out due to them being in low numbers and by the end of the short fight, Discord was impatient on saying the first thing that came to his mind.

“Those guys were boring! I want to face something stronger!” He shouted, only for something to shatter through the hardened glass that was part of the control center and spot them immediately as it aimed its weapon at them. Activating it’s murderbot.exe protocol and the force field around itself for added protection.

“You just had to say that, did you?” Reyna asked, facepalming herself in the process. If they somehow got out of this, once they got back on the ship, she was going to slap Ghalt in the face for suggesting to bring Discord along on this mission… Once they made it out alive of course. Discord, however, smiled widely, conjuring up a miniature version of Montana’s machine gun as he looked back at them with a wicked smile on his face.

“YES!!! Now it's coward killing time!!!” He yelled in a deep, Russian accent… followed by him wearing red overalls. “I’m gonna wreck it!!”


PreviousChapters Next