• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,211 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,211

Chapters Next
The little rascal

Rogue Chaos- The little rascal


Right now, somewhere in the middle of the galaxy, all the stars in the universe began to darken one by one. The entire universe in itself is beginning to fade away at the hand of a backstabbing and traitorous scumbag that is using interdimensional hordes to devour every known star in the universe. These actions have caused the inhabitants on the planets that remain to align themselves with certain factions as they all tried to fight for scraps in order to survive. Today was no exception by any means… especially with what was going on in this present moment.

“Toby, I thought Reyna said this was suppose to be an easy retrieval!” The Angsty teenager named Shayne yelled through the communications device she had on her to keep in touch with her partner and fellow member of the Rogues named Toby. “What the hell are the Peacekeepers doing here!?”

“The UPR are here?!” She heard the penguin almost choke on the fish he was inhaling. “They must be after the supplies that we’re trying to get. Speaking of Reyna, where is she anyways!?”

“We split up so we could lose the idiots who were chasing us,” Shayne replied back, stopping to catch her breath a little. “Man, for being a group of renegades and misfits, we always get ourselves caught up in the stickiest of situations. I had to rely on Aurox in order to make my escape.” Aurox was the Omnidimensional Djinn that was bound to Shayne and also served as her companion and partner in different situations. Especially this one as of right now. The Rogues themselves mostly resided on the Detritus Rings, away from the constant conflicts with the other factions such as the Eldrid and the Jennerit Imperium. This time though, the conflict was brought to them and it was the reason why Shayne took off shortly after spotting them. They had high powered firearms and despite having a Djinn on her side, a boomerang could only do so much damage to these guys.

“How many of them are there?” Toby then asked over the mic.

“There’s three of these guys from what I can tell. One has a huge body and a tiny head with a minigun. Another is one of those clones soldiers with the last one being a Aviant with a rocket launcher that’s trying to pick us off from the sky.” She recalled, hearing an explosion from a rocket a few seconds later. “Have you heard from Reyna at all?”

“Not since you two left.”

“Damn it,” The teen cursed to herself, trying to think of a plan before speaking again. Once she thought of it, Shayne spoke again after looking back at Aurox. “Toby, I need you to occupy their eye in the sky as much as you can. I’m going to drop off the supplies I got back at the ship before going back to find Reyna. I’m not planning on leaving her here!” But as it turned out… Toby was already doing that before Shayne asked him too.

“GAZE UPON TOBY IN DESPAIR, BIRD BRAIN!!!”

“Well, guess that worked out one way or another,” She thought to himself. “Hope Orendi isn't too busy trying to poke her own eye out to help.” While she was thinking that though, Shayne noticed Aurox looking at a cardboard box leaning against a brick wall. But as a few explosions went off in the background, the box began to shake a little.

“What did you find, big guy?” She asked the Djinn, only to have it respond by nodding it’s head in the same direction where the box was. “Come on, don’t tell me that you’re intimidated by a small box.” That was when the angsty teen herself heard a small cry come out from under it as she looked back at it. It made her a bit curious as she looked back at Aurox for a moment and sighed.

“Okay, I’ll take a look. Watch my back, alright?” The Djinn nodded, turning around and snarling a little, watching for anyone that could possibly attack them as Shayne got on her knees and slowly moved her hand to the box. She heard a small squeal, giving her the thought that whatever was inside it sounded like a child. But when she lifted it up, what the rogue saw… surprised her immensely. It was a small quadruped figure that looked to be made of multiple animal parts. It looked up to her and immediately cowered in fear.

“It’s okay little guy, I’m not going to hurt you.” She insisted, trying to calm the child. Thinking to herself, she took out a candy bar that she had placed in her pocket and unwrapped it, holding it out to the youngling. “Are you hungry, kid?” It stopped flinching and focused on the candy in front of it. It walked on all fours to the candy, but looked at her, most likely unsure if she was actually being nice. When it was close, the child snatched the candy away and began to devour it messily, holding it in it’s front legs while sitting on it’s hind legs.

“Wow… You really must be hungry… How can someone as young as you survive out here?” She asked herself. Turning to Aurox and looking back at the child, she offered a hand. “Come on, let’s get you somewhere safe.” Now, this would normally be out of character for Shayne. But, she never had found a child in a warzone such as this one before… and she wasn’t fully a jerk. The town that was nearly obliterated was once known as Apophis and was once a peaceful city that the Rogues traded with occasionally. Now though, it was all but rubble with this child being the only survivor. Of course, she originally would have had second thoughts…

If it weren’t for the UPR clone soldier, Oscar Mike spotting them first. “AHA!! There you are!”

Thinking quickly, Shayne picked up the child and look back at Aurox. “Aurox, fetch!” The Djinn roared as it launched itself at the soldier, giving the rogue the chance she needed to make a break for it while holding onto the child for dear life. Their ship was only a few blocks away and if Aurox could hold them off for a short amount of time, Shayne could get the kid to safety and also get help from the rogues waiting back at the ship. The sound of a familiar handgun going off though caused her senses to go into overdrive. It was Reyna’s weapon, and it meant two things. The first was that she was alive, which was good… The second was that she was fighting for her life… which was bad.

Once onboard their ship, known as the Fortunes Favor, she turned back towards the youngster, having him not follow her as she took out her boomerang knife. “Stay here… I need to be sure my friend’s are okay.” She turned around and ran back out. Unfortunately, the child wasn’t patient, nor understood what was happening, so it ran back out. Montana, the UPR’s biggest member, came out of the side while being chased by Reyna, ready to steal some heavy supplies, but he stopped as he saw the child.

“What the-!?” He yelled in shock.

“Hey, I said for you to stay with the ship.” Shayne told the youngling. “Geez, the only survivor of this town and it’s a young child… This is going to be a handful.”

“... It’s so Freaking ADORABLE!!! Can I keep him!? I promise to get the UPR away! I’m gonna be the best father to it!”

“Uhh…” Shayne just stared at the massive mountain of a man, wanting to facepalm herself. Only to hear a loud roar and feel pain shoot through her chest. “Aurox!! Ngh!” The small creature turned to see the teen fall to one of her knees in pain, it’s eyes watering up a little as it began to cry.

“What was that!?” Shayne never got the chance to answer that question because a scream from the child soon through the mountain sized man into the air, having it collide with the bird in the sky as both of them fell down on Oscar Mike. Aurox was able to return to Shayne quickly and after that, Reyna began to run onboard the ship, looking at her.

“What the hell was that all about?” She asked, noticing the little one as he tried climbing onto Shayne’s shoulder. “And what the hell is that?”

“One, I don’t know… Two, this little guy turns out to be the only survivor of this town. I found him hiding under a cardboard box trying to hide from the fighting. He was scared and hungry, plus it’s also a child.” Shayne told Reyna as she looked at the little one. The Valkyrie herself sighed before looking back at them.

“Well, whatever it is, it gave us a much needed break. Get Toby to hurry back over here so we can get out of here before those guys get back up. I need to have a word with Whiskey and Orendi.”

“Is it having to do with encountering those UPR guys or something else?” Shayne asked, activating a signal onboard the ship so Toby could see that it was time to retreat.

“Both.” She said, running to the cockpit as Toby soon waddled in a few moments later once he put his mech in standby. The penguin made eye contact with the child that Shayne rescued and right away, the youngling began hiding behind her leg as Shayne took a seat in the cargo bay of the ship.

“Is that a new pet of yours?” Toby asked.

“Not quite… I found him hiding under a cardboard box trying to hide himself from the fighting going on in town. You wouldn’t believe it, but a scream from him sent Mountain Man into his bird friend in the sky.”

“Huh… guess I should thank the little guy for that…. Does it have a name? Or thought of one for it?” Shayne took a moment to think of what Toby had said, only to say one thing in mind as he looked back at the penguin.

“Well, I found this guy in the middle of all this… chaos and he seems to cause a little bit of it himself with how he was earlier… How about we call him Discord?”

“... Discowd.” the child spoke. Both Shayne and Toby gasped, though Toby technically fainted after hearing it speak. “Discowd… Discowd.”

“Heh… I think he likes it.” Shayne smiled, now confirming that the youngster was indeed a male upon hearing its voice and letting the youngster hop onto her lap. “You like your new name kid?” Discord turned his head to the side, but reached out to her to lean against her and say something that surprised her.

“Ma-Ma!”

Shayne honestly blinked at that before realizing what the youngster just said. “Did you just… call me mama?” She looked at Aurox for a moment, who also seemed surprised. Until Discord was reaching out to the Djinn next and spoke up.

“Pa-Pa!”

“Wow… We saved the little guy and he thinks of us as his parents…” Shayne thought to herself. “Well, the Rogues are already kind of one strange family… I believe there’s room for one more.” At that moment, a glass of chocolate milk appeared out of the thin air. It floated to a laughing Discord, taking the milk and drank it messily. “Did...did he just brought up a glass of chocolate milk?” Discord finished his milk and let out an adorable burp. He expected his empty glass, let out a pout, and threw the glass over his right shoulder.

BOOM!!!

“Okay, just what in Solus was that?!” Reyna asked from her position back at the cockpit. “Did that kid find one of Foxtrot’s grenades?”

“Honestly… I’m not sure what just happened…” Shayne replied back. “But I think raising this guy might just make things back at The Happy Lorrain a little interesting.” The Happy Lorrain was the bar that also served as the hideout for the Rogues. Conveniently, it was able to hide any supplies and tech that they acquired in the underground basement while posing as a bar in the Detritus Rings up above ground. Simple, yet effective. Discord clapped his claws together and laughed at the explosion he made, some of which, put a dent in Toby’s helmet. The penguin woke up and saw his dented helmet.

“NO!!! NOT MY HELMET!!!” he screamed. “WHO DARES TRY TO PROVOKE THE WRATH OF TOBY!?!” All that did was got Discord to laugh a little as the small youngling soon appeared on Toby’s head after disappearing in a puff of pink smoke. Toby sniffed air as he looked around. “Where'd he go? And why does it smell like Cotton candy?” Discord laughed again, but it sounded… evil.

Shayne’s only response to looking back at the penguin… was pointing at the top of his head. Discord had given the penguin a cotton candy afro on his head and was beginning to munch on it a little while the penguin was trying to understand what was happening. Toby then growled to himself.

“GET OFF!!!” He squaked. “You're in big trouble, mister!!!” Discord jumped off and Toby chased after Discord! All while the youngling was laughing his head off and enjoying it like it was some kind of game and once Toby tired out, the little troublemaker happily smiled and landed on Toby’s back.

“Whee!! Uncle Toby fun!”

That moment caught Shayne off guard immediately. “Toby… I think Discord just called you his Uncle.”

“‘Uncle Toby’ here's gonna make Discord pay!!!”

That made Discord think a little as the little one went back to his helmet, snapped a finger, and fixed the dents on there that he accidently caused a moment ago while looking at him with eyes of innocence on his face. “Sowwy, Uncle Toby…” Toby looked into Discord’s innocent eyes. Unbeknownst to Toby, Discord’s tail snapped, a boombox appeared behind him, and sad music played.

“... Okay, I’m going to admit. I’m surprised by that.” Shayne said as she felt the ship slowly descend down to the hangar. “Hopefully, Orendi doesn’t go full blown crazy on him when we land.”

“Don’t need to!” The crazed woman’s voice spoke. Orendi fell from the roof and landed next to Discord. She picked him up. “You have got to be the most ADORABLE ABOMINATION EVER!!!”

“Orendi, we just found him in the last town we tried retrieving supplies in, we don’t need to startle him.” Shayne sighed, looking at the two of them before hearing Discord say something.

“Who dis, mama?”

“HE EVEN TALKS!?!?!? I CALL BEING THE GODMOTHER!!!”

“Will you all shut up!?” The door opened, and Whiskey came in. “It’s bad enough I’m being yelled at! I don’t need any…” he paused as he saw Discord. “What… the hell… is that thing?”

Shayne sighed, having to explain to the defective clone the same thing she just told Orendi. Even the part where Discord called her and Aurox his parents and called Toby his uncle. It was then that Discord reappeared on Orendi’s shoulder and laughed at her strange eye.

“Cwazy eye!” He laughed.

“You think that’s crazy!?” Orendi replied, picking him up and placing him on a nearby counter. “Watch this!”

“Oh please!” Toby spoke up. “Don’t-!” But it was a little too late as Orendi did her ‘special talent’, which really involved her poking her demented eye with her bare claws. Discord himself began to laugh a lot, but when he sneezed, one of his eyeballs popped out and landed on Orendi. Everyone but Orendi screamed at the sight.

“WHAT THE F**K!?!?!?” Whiskey yelled before turning around and puking.

“PUT IT BACK IN!!!” Shayne yelled, covering her eyes. “PUT IT BACK IN!!!”

“This is too gross!” Toby added. All Discord did was laugh as he soon put his eye back in, relieving everyone of the sight… for a short bit.

“That was f-fun! Cwan I do it again!?”

“NO!!!” All but Orendi yelled in unison. Reyna entered.

“What’s everyone screaming like a little girl for!?” She demanded, looking at Discord.

“Do your trick, Discord!” Orendi spoke. Discord laughed and did the trick again. Reyna screamed liked a little girl, along with the rest of the Rogues. Shortly after putting it back in… and having to clean up Foxtrot’s mess, all of the Rogues were able to get supplies off of the Fortunes Favor and stack them near the side of the room. And thankfully, their hall, this time, was much more than usual. Despite Discord’s… talents, it was agreed upon that Shayne and Aurox should take Discord in, not just because they found him first, but the fact that Toby was much too small & slow to help Discord out, Whiskey was too inappropriate, Reyna was busy with making sure the team stuck together, and Orendi… well... she was Orendi, nothing else. As Shayne and Aurox went back to their room to get some sleep, Discord happily walked next to her and laid himself on her belly.

“I luv you, Mama…” He said, before the youngster drifted off to sleep. Shayne couldn’t help but smile as she stroked his small, puff of white fur on his head.

“Love you too, Dissy.” She said.

“‘Dissy’? Really!?” Aurox commented with his arms crossed.

“Have any other ideas?” She asked him as the Djinn looked back at her. When she didn’t hear Aurox say anything, Shayne closed her eyes and sighed. “Didn’t think so… Let’s get some rest… Something tells me that we’ll need it for tomorrow while raising this guy.”

“...Hopefully, he becomes a bonafide badass and not an anchor to us.”

“In due time he will,” The rogue smiled. “In due time…” And she was right.


Author's Note:

Truth be told, I wanted to do a Battleborn story for a while, but I did not want to do a Displaced story on it because of the overwhelming amounts of those stories that I am already working on. So when this came to mind, I really wanted to give it a shot. Hopefully, I stuck with the nature of the characters and made sure to make young Discord, as seen here, as adorable as possible.

Here are some visual references on the Rogues here:
Shayne and Aurox:

Toby:

Reyna:

Orendi:

Whiskey Foxtrot:


Enjoy!
-Frost

Chapters Next