• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,213 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,213

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude- Final Preparations

Author's Note:

Originally, I was going to wait a while on this, but with the first story ops mission coming soon for Battleborn, I wanted to get this out and ready. I'll update this chapter later on include the Helix rings for The Smooze, R-Dash 5000 and Eris when I get them ready. Anyways, enjoy!!
-Frost

Rogue Chaos- Final Preparations


As Kleese and Nova had the ship touch down on the base that the Battleborn had established on Ekkunar, there were still a lot of things that had to be gone over and discussed before any of them could be completely ready for what was in store. Sabotaging the Jennerit Energy Refinery gave them extra time needed to prepare in addition to delaying the repair process on the Heliophage, but how long that amount of time would be was unkn8own to them. Of course, that wasn’t the only thing that they got by pulling this off. In a strange turn of events, the Battleborn also was able to get themselves a new ally that would fight alongside them too… and was quite eager to know what the hell had happened since she had been frozen in stone.

So, shortly after landing, Deande and Mellka walked over to another room along with Shayne and Aurox so they could get the chance to find out a little more about her and also if she knew anything regarding Rendain. Kleese was also going to drop by later, but that was after he reconfigured some navigation protocols on the ship first. It was quite surprising to Mellka and Shayne that she knew some of the members of the Jennerit Imperium, including Deande, Rath, Ambra and Caldarius while also knowing the previous leader of the imperium before Rendain’s takeover. Now though, as Eris walked Ponythroat and gave Deande a handshake that was once popular several millennia ago, the draconequus turned to the spymistress, the Aelfrian, and the Teen with the Djinn attached to her torso and said the first thing that came to mind.

“So what are you, exactly?”

Mellka and Shayne looked at each other for a moment before looking back at the Draconequus. “Which one are you talking about?” Shayne asked.

“Both of you. Is that some sort of genie hovering you? And what happened to you, Deande? Has it really been 2,431 years?”

“More or less… depending on how you look at it…” Deande sighed, clearing her throat. “First, there’s Mellka. She’s half human, half Eldrid. As for Shayne, who has been taking care of Discord for you, her partner is a Djinn named Aurox… who Discord sees as a father figure.”

“...Raising my son… Djinn… Father… figure…?” She turned completely on fire. “I’M TRIGGERED!!!”

“That’s only the tip of the iceberg,” Mellka replied. “You haven’t seen Discord spend time with Orendi… or who he calls crazy auntie. Since Shayne and Aurox did rescue him from a battlefield on another world, he’s seen them and the other members of the rogues as family…” Eris teleported away and returned with Discord. She had on a lab coat, glasses, and her hair looked like that of a famous scientist named ‘Einstein’.

“...And how is my son a child? Last time I saw him, he was approximately my size, much older, and… well, bald.”

“I went bald!?” Discord asked in shock

“Yeah… turns out, we actually found him like that,” Shayne replied. “We weren’t sure how that exactly happened in the first place, to tell you the truth.”

“...Oh! Hold on a second! Do any of you have a Hula Hoop around? Or something round that will cut something if spun faster than the speed of sound?” At the sound of that, Discord bolted from the room. But when Shayne took a closer look, it turned out that there was a hula hoop… and he was going to play with it and Orendi before Eris brought him in. She made him stand upright, placed the hula hoop around his waist, and spun him around.

“Whee~!” Discord cheered, his voice getting deeper and deeper by the second, with his silhouette getting taller as well.

“ … Woah… That is… eye opening.” Shayne replied, while Mellka also nodded her head in agreement.

“Ladies and Gentlemen! Introducing, my REAL son, Discord!” Eris shouted, before Discord looked at the top of his head.

“AGH!! BALD!! I’M TURNING INTO KLEESE!!” Discord panicked as he ran out of sight and locked himself in his room.

“Discord! Being bald is part of being a true male back home. Plus, you’re not much of a hair guy. Sheesh! How did you… oh… s**t.”

While Shayne walked over to the door to check on Discord, Mellka turned to Eris and raised an eyebrow. “Is something wrong?”

“He didn’t just use a reverse age spell on himself. No! He used that AND a memory wiping spell! He’s a blank slate from his original self! Oh, I need something to trigger his original memories, something he’s going to remember, both the good and the bad. Something like… yes… YES!!! That’s it!”

“Uh… if I may interject, Lady Eris,” Deande spoke up, “If what you said was indeed the case, then maybe there’s a reason he would perform such an ability on himself… I mean if you were in his shoes, losing his parents and a lot of other things he cared for can be very traumatizing. Trying to bring back memories he would rather not remember may result in a panic attack.”

“Pfft! I’m still here, and so is his father, though I have no idea where he’s at, and this is something more, something I didn’t think he’d do.”

After a little bit, Shayne soon walked back over to where they were and sighed. “Discord’s okay, he’s just… processing everything right now… While we’re at it though, can I ask you something, Eris?”

“Of course, Ms. Shayne.” Eris answered, sewing a costume.

“Well… there have been some times that after Discord and I have been on missions where we’ve encountered Varelsi… I’ve been… well… having strange visions… visions about Discord, I think… You hypothesized that he might’ve put a memory erasing spell on himself, right?” She asked, looking at the draconequus.

“Oh, I thought you’d connect the pieces together from that dream I sent you. Or was that Discord’s subconscious? Eh, it doesn't matter.”

“No, it’s different… The dream I had from you was only the second one. The first one was on Bliss… If he erased the memories that he wanted to forget… then what if what I’m seeing are those memories?” Shayne asked, leading to the draconequus to stop her sewing for a moment and look back at the teen.

“Ah… see, this is all more connected than you think. Shall I play a video to help explain all of this? I think Dissy would want to see this as well.”

“Judging from the fact that he put sixteen different locks on his door, including a retina scanner and fingerprint scanner… well, I think the evidence of that speaks for itself.” Shayne replied, pointing her thumb in the direction of the locked door as they heard a sound that sounded like a car alarm go off. Eris chuckled.

“Oh, you humans. Thinking way too hard on these situations.” She snapped, bringing Discord outside with Cotton Candy and a mug of Chocolate Milk. “Dissy, Discord 2.0, I think you should watch this.” She pulled out a VHS player and tape. “And yes, this seems outdated, but it keeps it personal rather than sharing it all over social medias.”

“And just when I thought ISIC telling me all about the Draconequus was strange enough.” Shayne sighed to herself.

“Oh please, this is normal compared to what the others did.” She put the tape in the player and continued her sewing. The tape began to play all of the things she spoke of.

Millions of years ago… or shall I say, a few weeks before the Big Bang happened, there was us; The Draconequi. I was there to see it all. Funny thing, the Big Bang was actually a bet between two of our strongest members in an arm wrestling match; loser would have to eat Grandma Jenny’s baked beans. Yes, the big bang was nothing more but a fart, and with that fart, life came, and it stunk… for you all, that is.

“I heard that!!” Kleese shouted from down the hall.

Yes, life everywhere started from the microscopic creatures after various planets were made. There was really no reason for any of us to investigate and see what was going on, but we did… and, consequently, some of us accidentally made various religions, and your ancestors loved to hate each other, having literal flame wars with each other. But, we continued watching you all be born, grow up, have kids, die, and repeat. I, myself, being one of the originals to see the big bang, investigated more of these lives, putting many of my recordings in my journal, and having the occasional morsel I can find. Cavemen were too hairy for a snack. But, I meet Deande when you humans were going through your time simply dubbed ‘The 80’s’.

“For the record, this was the most recent decade of the 80’s, not the ones back on old earth with rock music and Ronald Reagan as president.” Deande added on the side.

But I did bring that with me in celebration of Old Earth. Yes, Deande and I meet each other many years ago, and that’s when the Empress ruled before that d**k Rendain. Aw man… those were the times… back when everyone smiled and didn’t know the future. Everyone lost their s**t when they played PacMan. But, it wasn’t to be last, as news arrived of various stars disappearing faster than the downfall of Adam Sandler’s career. So, and keep this between us, I gave my goodbye kiss to Deande before I left.

“WHAT!?!?!?” Everyone yelled throughout the base.

“THAT DID NOT HAPPEN!!!!” Deande shouted.

You were drunk. But, I went back to see what was happening. And while I did my best to find out what was happening to the stars, that’s when I found someone, and something, I never thought I’d find… your father, Discord, and my husband, Entropy. Ooh… just thinking about him… I swear, if I were alone, I’d do it.

“UGH!!!” Discord yelled in disgust,

What? Write him lovey dubby ship-fics? But yes, he was everything; the strongest, fastest, and most intelligent of all the guys, and a true gentleman.

“I got a bad feeling that this story is not going to have a happy ending.” Mellka said as Shayne turned and raised an eyebrow.

“How did you come to that conclusion?”

NO SPOILERS!!!... Ok, but yes, we soon got married, and after a near century of labor, we had our son, Discord. Oh, he was so adorable as a baby! But… it got harder than we realized. For starters, he wasn't anything like what we expected; he wasn't strong, he wasn't fast, and, perhaps the thing that shocked us, is that he wasn't smart. Now, to clarify, there's a difference between being smart and clever. Are we clear? If not, read Boba Fett’s story about landing in the same sarlacc pit three times. Buy, yes, Discord was clever and a real trouble maker. He always performed pranks on his peers, set up elaborate traps, and was more or less an instigator in crowds. But, his reputation made him lonely… and from both of us, came disappointment. I wanted him to be good, but Entropy wanted him to be perfect.

“Wow… he sounds just as much of a douchebag as Rendain… no offense, but Rendain’s done very horrible bulls**t and does it with that creepy smile on his face.” Mellka said on the side.

He was harsh, but what can you expect from someone who's been pretty much number 1 in his whole life? But he wasn't the problem. No, that came from Discord’s last prank on one of our council members; making him s**t himself in public. And yes, it was foul… so foul, the council banished Discord for all of eternity, and that place was Discord’s new home: Equestria.

“Would that explain why he remembered someone named Fluttershy… and why Whiskey Foxtrot has a plushie of her in his room-?”

“WHO DARES TALK ABOUT WHAT I DO DURING MY ‘ALONE TIME’!?!!!” They all heard Whiskey shout from the opposite end of the base.

Uh… perhaps not the second one, but the first is a yes. The citizens are, well, a majority are ponies, and Discord wanted to make his dominance… by attacking it's leader. Unfortunately, that was Celestia, the monarch of the sun and Princess in training… at the time. It doesn't take a scholar to know love, and that stopped Dissy from a quick victory… that, and the promise of cake. Fast forward a couple of centuries later, and another failed attempt at conquering… twice, the first by Celestia, and the second from some locals, and Discord went through a reformation program with the other love: Fluttershy.

“Well, that explains one thing,” Shayne responded, “In a simulation where he and Orendi were having a tea party with someone named Tiny Tina, two of the guests that came later were named Princess Sunbutt and Scaredy cat. I would think that from what you told us, those two are indeed Celestia and Fluttershy… right?”

You should know that.

“Hey, we’ve been busy to try and not have Solus eaten by the Varelsi while raising Discord!” Shayne argued.

“I can make the same point. I’ve been out on missions with him and he’s very… unpredictable.” Mellka told Eris

HEHEHE!!! That's my Dissy. But, yes, my son found himself two potential lovers, and as much as I wanted to see his relationships grow, we were attacked by Rendain and his army… of bureaucrats!!! Papers beyond paperwork, Contracts, licenses, MAKE IT STOP!!! … and he did, as soon as we entered his machines. I, on the other hand, refused to be in those machines. Entropy and I fought back… and we failed, hard. Turned out, Rendain used us to summon Varelsi at a much faster rate. They caught my husband, and as for me… I didn’t have much of a choice, so I made myself a statue in the courtyard to camouflage myself in and be released when I’m with a hero, or a group of, heroes that are fighting back. That’s where you all came in, and Rendain’s going down!

As Eris calmed herself down, Shayne soon realized something. “Wait… his machines… are you telling me that Discord’s father… is trapped inside the Heliophage?” The tape ended and Eris returned.

“Your guess is as good as mine.”

“Right… so if we are going to stop Rendain, we need to stop the Heliophage. That’s how he’s destroying and darkening stars and even though when we originally sabotaged it and rescued Deande, Rendain’s repairing it somehow. We need to find a way to put it out of commission for good.” Mellka replied. “I know that with being a draconequus, your abilities can be… unpredictable… but we’ll need both you and Discord in order to stop him.”

“Hey, count me in. I promised Aurox that I would let him tear the sh*t out of him for what he said to Discord!” Shayne snapped, catching Eris’ attention.

“What did he say?”

“Rendain called Discord a hellspawn and an adopted abomination, along with the fact that he couldn’t wait for when Discord would try to claw my face off… The rogues see each other as family… and NO ONE get’s away with insulting our family.” Shayne growled, looking back as Eris while clenching one of her fists.

“And I know a few tricks you can use to defeat Rendain, such as that R-Dash 5000 unit you have, straight out of HotDiggidyDemon’s Pony.Mov series.” The Draconequus suggested.

“Right… only thing is that Robot needs a Magnus AI in order for it to be operational. Nova’s been insisting on trying to have us put her in it, but if we do, then that means the ship can’t fly or… pretty much do anything.” Mellka replied back, along with Deande who was in agreement with it.

“Not a problem. I know just the work around that can fix this,” Eris replied, looking back at them. “I may not be so advanced in technology like the greedy bastards that have their company based on micro transactions, but what I do know is that you can make a copy of pretty much almost any kind of file… including a Magnus. So if we place a copy of Nova into the R-Dash 5000, we not only get a murder bot that’s on our side against Rendain, but Nova can finally be able to fulfill her dreams.”

“YES!!!!” They heard a pleasant cheer from inside the room. “Oh, sorry. I was trying to be quiet while listening to your conversation, but I couldn’t control myself.”

“Or at least one of yourselves.” She began typing on the computer. “Let’s see here… take that in there… remove some of that… no, I don’t want Windows 10... a bit of bits for bit counting involving bits.... And… FINISHED!!!” A surge of lightning fell from the sky and shocked the robot. In a few moments, beeping could be heard.

“It’s alive!” Discord spoke, dressed up as Victor Frankenstein. “IT’S ALIVE!!!”

“It’s rebooted. Now we have 2 Novas for the price of one! And we probably don’t have enough time to introduce the other characters in this fanfic followed with so many characters.” Eris grumbled. This of course was followed by the doors opening up and Kleese strolling into the room with his Battle throne as he groaned.

“Good lord, I can’t be able to clearly think with all that rhetoric out there…” He groaned to himself. “Oh good, at least I am in someplace where I can spare my sanity.”

“Kleese, what are you talking about?”

“Ghalt just brought in a new battleborn that was a grenadier from the UPR and comes from the same home world as Benedict and Toby,” The genius informed them. “Trust me… he takes military discipline a little too seriously.”


“What the f**k is that!?” The red bombirdier ordered in front of Montana, pointing at a plate with a pastry on it. “Soldier, answer me right now! What the f**k is that?!!”

“A Jelly donut-!”

“A jelly donut?!” The Aviant snapped. “And why would you have a jelly donut in your g**damn locker?!”

“I was just hungry sir!”

“And you know what I think you need!? I think all of you need some exercise, ladies!! Drop down and give me 100 now!” Ernest ordered, forcing them to chant “1, 2, 3, 4, I love the UPR” while he ate Montana’s pastry right in front of the UPR members of the Battleborn except for Ghalt and Galilea.


“Yeah… that’s a little too much Full Metal Jacket for me.” Eris commented.

“I always prefered the first half.” Discord added.

“Right… so can someone please bring me up to speed on what you guys have been doing in here? It’ll be nice to have someone to talk to while I work on preparing the… new additions to the team for combat.” Kleese replied, confusing some of the others in the room.

“And what do you mean by that exactly?” Shayne commented.

“Why I’m working on making Helix rings for Eris, Smooze, and the fully Functional R-Dash 5000, of course.” Kleese replied. “We’ll need every possible fighter we can have at our disposal… I even had to contact the LLC and have them rescue a stranded LLC member that got separated from everyone else when the Magna Carta originally went offline.”

“And we’ll storm Rendaine’s palace and end this fanfic once and for all.” Discord concluded. “Sheesh, and the game we’re based off of will be dead at around Christmas time. Just look at Steam!” That only lead to Eris bonking Discord on the head in response.

“You forgot that it’s also on PS4 and Xbox one as well.”

“Ow! Of course I do, mom, but those copies are being returned nearly as fast as copies of No Man’s Sky!” That only lead to Shayne facepalming in response as something came to her mind a few moments later when thinking over everything that Kleese had mentioned and also what Eris and Discord were talking about.

“Yeah… Am I the only one who's going to ask if we actually have a plan? I’m not trying to be a downer or anything, but how the hell are we going to pull something like this off? We can’t just storm the gates and expect something to happen.” That got Deande to think a little as she looked back at Kleese and Mellka.

“Shayne brings up a very valid point… Maybe we should split the team into two forces. One group that’ll fight with Ghalt and Kleese in low orbit while everyone else works to get to the Heliophage and kill Rendain.” She suggested.

“Or we can do this.” Discord suggested, holding up a button.

“Ooh! Explosions!” Eris spoke “But it’s too simple and… anti-climatic.”

“Like most movies nowadays,” Kleese sighed, before looking at something on his Battle Throne as he looked back at Eris. “Aha! There we go… The Helix Rings for Eris, Smooze and R-Dash 5000 are now fully operational. Here you go.” Kleese replied, tossing the Helix Ring to Eris as the older draconequus shot a glare towards Discord… who was very tempted on pressing the button.

“Discord, put that away please.” Shayne asked him nicely.

“Yes, genetic mama… But think that next time, we could join the Bandwagon that’s Overwatch?... Or Paragon?... Or Paladins maybe-?” Eris grew into a giant with everything going dark and having red eyes.

NO!” Discord literally dropped as he shrunk to the size of an ant as he fell into Shayne’s outstretched hand.

“...ok.”

Shayne looked back at Eris, who had now calmed down a bit after Discord had finally decided to return to his senses. “I really need to learn some parenting tricks from you.” Eris teleported next to her.

“That’s going to cost you at least 329 years of your life, which won’t be able to happen.”

“O… kay, I thought you were going to say that it comes with experience, but I guess not.” Shayne replied as Discord slowly began to grow back to his normal size. “Say, now that you got that Helix Ring… I’m kind of curious as to what kind of abilities you can use in combat. We are going to be part of the same team when we’re going after Rendain so maybe we can train a little beforehand.”

“Train?” Eris began to giggle, then followed by a huge cackle! “OH! That is good! I’ll try out your game in the next chapter. End chapter!”

“Uh… I don’t think she meant that,” Discord mentioned. “She meant training as in preparation… like the one with the Rocky theme song?”

“... I’m in. This is for you, Sylvester Stallone!”


PreviousChapters Next