• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,221 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,221

PreviousChapters Next
Friendship Raid: Taking back what's ours!

Rogue Chaos- Friendship Raid: Taking back what’s ours!


By the time they got back on the Fortune's Favor, the entire crew that was on board had several different questions for Reyna. Especially with what had just transpired only a few minutes ago. They were finally getting somewhere with who they were trying to track down in order to get Toby’s mech back… only for them to learn that the one responsible, known as the Lorrian, had ties to Reyna. They didn’t know how… but Toby was not going to give up on trying to find out what the answers were.

Which was also something that Discord also agreed on too. Yet, his methods were… a little bit complex compared to that of most normal Q&A sessions for answers because he decided to borrow a LLC licensed polygraph test and apply it to Reyna. One that labeled the different tiers of truth as true, half true, false and lastly… pants on fire. “Discord, are you sure that all of this is really necessary?” Phoebe asked him as he was getting this all set up. “I mean… all you are doing is just asking Reyna some questions. Not interrogating a prisoner.”

Discord looked back at Phoebe, an eyebrow raised as he looked back at her. “How else are we supposed to fact check what she says?” That had Phoebe groan internally as the draconequus set it up on the table and looked towards Toby. “It’s all ready now, Uncle Toby.”

“Okay,” Toby said as he waddled over to where he was on the center of the table as Discord paid attention to the dial. “Reyna… How do you know the Lorrian?”

Reyna for a moment was silent. But after a little while, she then had an answer. “Before I was known as ‘the valkyrie’ and before I formed the rogues, I was just myself. My home was under attack and I wasn’t strong enough to defend it,” The meter on the lie detector still read ‘true’ while she was speaking as Discord continued to listen in on the discussion. “So… I went to the Lorrian for help…”

“And he did?”

“Yes… he provided me the materials for me to make my command glove, but afterwards, it seemed as if he didn’t want anything from me… telling me that he was going to come back to settle the matter at a later date,” The valkyrie explained as she looked back at the penguin. “After the Heliophage was when he came to collect. He wanted everything that we had, including the Fortune’s Favor, an entire fleet and also… he wanted Discord. All as payment.”

“Woah woah woah… Why me now?!” Discord asked, looking back up at Reyna.

“He has spies all over the place. Some that have seen you perform the chaotic feats that you have been able to do for some time now,” The leader of the rogues told them. “So… with this in mind and since I could tell that he was up to no good, I went back on our deal. He swore that the Rogues would be nothing without him and he’s… sort of right. But most of all, he swore that he would make me pay.”

“Why didn’t you tell me, Reyna?” Toby then asked. “For that matter, why didn’t you tell us?”

“Tell you what?! That the leader of the Rogues was a FRAUD!” Reyna snapped at him, before looking down at herself. “I can’t build things like you can, Toby… and I can’t make things out of midair like Discord can. I’m a THIEF… Just like the Lorrian I guess.”

Not that far off though… was when Phoebe finally said something in response to the conversation that was going on. “Whoa…”

“I know…” Pendles then spoke up as he was right next to where Phoebe and ISIC were. “It’s like watching a Holo-drama, but with people I was hired to kill… except for Discord I mean…”

“I find it inspiring!” ISIC then spoke up out of turn. “She betrayed her friend… just like how Thaddeus betrayed me…”

All three of them soon brought their attention back to the conversation at hand once they heard Toby speak again. “I thought you were the bravest person I knew… but your a fraud.”

“Ouch!” The Roa said in response.

“So disappointing…”

“Fraud is such an accurate word.” And of course, leave it to ISIC to say something like that. Yet… all three of them did not expect Toby to actually say something… encouraging after that last statement.

“Reyna… Leaders have to show weakness so that everyone knows it’s okay to be afraid at times… Note to self: Inspirational Poster Idea.”

Then, Discord was seen writing down what Toby said and the note to self… before adding a secondary note to self that was labeled as ‘be sure to use this quote in the future’ before putting his notepad away. “Great advice, Uncle Toby.”

“Thanks,” The penguin told him as he redirected his attention to Reyna. “I get it Reyna… But I can’t be mad at you just because you wanted to be stronger and protect something that matters to you. No one gets that more than me.”

“Awwww. That is so cute!” Phoebe then spoke up, which she and the other two Battleborn did not notice a banner that Discord conjured up that had the words ‘Peanut Gallery’ labeled on it as it hung above their heads.

Of course… Phoebe also forgot that ‘cute’ was one of Toby’s trigger words. “DON’T SAY CUTE OR I’LL NUKE YOU!!!” He shouted before clearing his throat. “Ahem… Where was I? Ah right. You taught me to stand up for myself. So… I forgive you, Reyna… now let’s go find this guy and trash him!!”

“I’m so sorry, Toby… I should’ve trusted you. You’re a real leader Toby… I mean that.” That was something that neither Toby, nor Discord expected to hear… and it was something that had the lie detector read this as ‘Truth with a dose of the feels’.

But for the Penguin… It seemed like that one compliment… really got stuck in his head. “Yeah, that’s RIGHT!! I’M THE BEST!!! Now let’s go kill the lorrian and GET MY MECH SUIT BACK!!!”

“I second that notion!” Discord said, throwing away the lie detector as it exploded at the other end of the haul. “LET’S DO THIS AND SHOW HIM WHAT HAPPENS WHEN HE MESSES WITH THE ROGUES!!!”

Which in turn lead to both the penguin and the draconequus racing into the main hangar bay as they were getting themselves ready for what they were going to do next… before Discord thought of something as he now turned towards… you?

“Do you think this next scene should be cut? I mean, I know that the authors were having much fun writing it, but I know that the audience really does not like filler episodes where characters spend three episodes powering up.”


Bliss

A broken down mechanical robot was seen glaring directly at the camera as the voice of Jeff could be heard from the metal trash heap. “At least my scene was committed.”


Ekkunar (Or what’s left of it)

The chronicler was sitting in the cozy confines of the Battleborn’s new base of operations as he looked back at him. “At least mine wasn’t an ongoing scene of library jokes.”


Shayne and Aurox were now seen playing Rock, Paper Scissors by a campfire before Aurox turned directly towards the camera. “Oh for the love of-. Get on with it!!!”

Then, Whiskey Foxtrot was seen in the ‘Battle School’ on the planet where what was left of the ‘Kingdom of Mikes’ were alongside Sweetie Bot and R-Dash 5000 as they were trying to find Oscar Mike. “Yes, GET ON WITH IT!!!”

That was followed by seeing the entire roster of Battleborn standing on a equestrian mountainside as they were all shouting the same thing. “GET ON WITH IT!!!!”


Of course… Discord really didn’t register that at first. “Well, I am really enjoying this scene…”

It didn’t last long though… as he soon saw a cloud in the sky open up as he saw three individuals in there. Celestia herself… and the authors of the story. “GET ON WITH IT!!!”

“Okay, okay, okay! I get it!! No need to shout at me!” The draconequus shook his head. “Besides, we already disabled the ship so all we need to do is reach the boss.”

“Okay… but how are we going to fight it?” The Penguin asked as they touched down on the final ship. Only for Discord to be seen with a rather big grin on his face.

“I believe I have an idea…” He said, before beginning to whisper into the penguin’s ear. At first, Toby seemed confused… but as they made their way through the ship, the penguin was beginning to be a bit more excited and pumped as they got closer and closer to where the Lorrian was hiding out.

“So… what do you think?”

“I’m SO READY FOR THIS!!!” He declared, before asking a question. “Um… what about the rest of you guys?”

We’re all ready, Toby!!!” He heard Orendi shout first.

I’m locking down all Hyperspace frequencies… that way he won’t be able to escape us this time, even if he tried using escape pods.” ISIC happily confirmed.

I’m blocking all communication frequencies!” Phoebe then announced.

And I’m going to kill anyone who dares to escape! And anyone who doesn’t if the fee’s to my liking!” came Pendle’s response on the matter.

This was followed by Reyna’s response to all of this… and what she had to say was much different than what they originally expected from her. “Alright, Rogues. Let’s… No… Toby, this is your mission now… you say it.”

“WE’RE COMING BERG!!!” Toby yelled, as both of them dropped down into the room where the Lorrian himself was waiting for them.

“Well well well… I’ve been waiting for you to come here you two,” The seal said, trying to sound threatening… even though the concept of a delusional seal being a threat sounds like a bad plot device. “But you’re too late Toby… I’ve un-encrypted the final piece of your mech suit and now I got something to say…”

Oh brilliant… here comes another one of those long douchey monologues.” Discord thought as he rolled his eyes.

“I am the Lorrian… I’ve existed since the dawn of time, practically.” He continued, all while Discord was preparing his talons for the right moment to execute their plan while the Lorrian was talking. “I will make Rendain look like a party favor. Not the good kind like candy but the bad kind when you get a pencil eraser. My plan is almost complete to exert dominance over Solus and everyone will know my name… or one of them because I have ten.”

After ten minutes of non stop speaking, Discord had one question to ask as he finally snapped his fingers. “Are you done?”

“Yes… Yes I am.” The Lorrian said as he took a deep breath. “Why?”

“Well, you practically spent too much time talking to the point that you realized that we’re not on your ship anymore…” Discord was right about that. In fact, they were in the middle of an old UPR colony that was abandoned on Bliss… alongside where they first met ISIC. “Plus… you have your mech suit. Big deal… We don’t need Berg to beat you.”

“Oh r-really?” The Lorrian stuttered, a little surprised by the change of scenary. “What are you going to fight me with? Something bigger that can crush my mech like an ant?”

Discord looked at Toby for a moment, before both of them looked back at the seal as they had a devilish grin on their face. “Something like that…” It was shortly afterwards though that Discord and Toby disappeared when the draconequus snapped his talon again. But before the Lorrian could be able to do anything, something ripped off the metal roof on the base as an oversized hand grabbed the Lorrian and his Mech suit.

Only to see Discord and Toby in their own suit… which was big enough to the point that the head of it was around the atmosphere of the planet. “Lorrian… I would like you to meet our friend. Gypsy Danger.”

That… had the Lorrian shudder in his dwarf sized suit compared to that of the collosal one that Discord and them were using. “U-uh…… M-mercy?”

“MERCY!!!? NO ONE WHO STEALS BERG AND USES IT FOR THEIR GAIN GETS MERCY FROM ME!!!” Toby shouted. At the same time, Discord and Toby tossed up the mech that they were holding. Shortly before charging up one of the arm cannons that it had and firing it. Turning the Lorrian and the fake mech that he had to scrap metal and ash.

“Alright, that was AWESOME-!!” Toby declared. Unfortunately though… that was when the Mech that they were in disappeared like a puff of smoke. And when Discord realized one of the rules that he forgot when it came to chaos magic.

The bigger the creation, the more his magic will be expended and the less time that it will be out. Leaving him having to grab onto Toby before using what was left of his magic to send them back to the Fortune's Favor lying on the ground before both of them noticed Reyna looming over both of them.

“Did I ever tell you two that you had a hell of a way for making an entrance? We were worried that we lost you two and then you came barreling in here and knocking Orendi over like she was a bowling pin.” The Valkyrie chuckled. “Still. Great work out there you two…”

“W-where’s Berg?” Toby asked.

“Well, your stunt with the Lorrian allowed for us to comb through the ship a little bit longer without having to worry about it blowing up on us.” The Valkyrie replied back to both of them, before she pointed out Phoebe and ISIC wiping off what looked like oil stains on Berg. “We were able to find it-”

“BERG!!!” Immediately, Toby slid over to the mech and gave it a hug. “Oh, how I missed you so much!” After that, everyone was congratulating Toby on his successful mission of finding the Mech that was stolen from him before he thanked Reyna and the others for helping him through the whole process as he went to go re-encrypt his mech and Discord decided to stay with Reyna.

After all was said and done though… Phoebe had one question for the Valkyrie. “So… about that last ship… What are we going to do with it?”

That… caught Discord’s attention. “What do you mean? Isn’t it destroyed?”

“Not quite…” Reyna replied back. “For you see, just because that ship is disabled doesn’t mean it’s ‘destroyed’... With how spacious it is, there’s always a possibility that it can be repurposed… Plus, a suggestion from a suggestion box that I asked Discord to not install, even though he did anyways, was if we could have a ship with some more space. We have the bases on Ekkunar and Bliss, but other then that, we just have small ships that don’t have the capacity to have everyone be inside at once.”

That… bewildered the scientist at first… but after some thought process, she soon began to realize what Reyna was talking about. “Oh I get it… You want to ask Ghalt if it’s possible to make this former UPR ship into something where all the Battleborn can be on when it comes to long interstellar voyages?”

“Yes and it would save us the hassle of having to put everyone on two separate ships if we needed to take the whole crew with us…” She added on. “Besides… I would feel bad for the guy who has to always sit next to Montana on those flights.”

Hearing the name of the UPR soldier soon had a thought enter Phoebe’s mind. “Speaking of which… when I last heard from Nova, Montana had a ship that was en-route to meet up with Oscar Mike, but the ship ran into some Varelsi interference and crash landed somewhere on Tempest. We’ve been trying to find their exact location in order to try and help Nova with repairs, but we can confirm that Montana isn’t exactly alone.”

That… had Reyna raise an eyebrow. Same with Discord. “Who’s with him?”

“Well, according to the transmission here…” Phoebe replied as she brought up a data screen with Montana’s last known communications. “He seems to be with Three Eldrid- No, I mean four eldrid and one rogue. The list includes Alani, Thorn, Boldur, Mellka and… Shayne and Aurox-”

Poof!

When both of them turned around, they saw that a stuffed Doll of Discord was where he once was, with a card that read ‘Discord used Substitute. Be right back.’ Which… just had the Valkyrie facepalm herself. If it wasn’t one thing, it was another.


Author's Note:

With that, we come to the end of the 'Toby's Friendship Raid' arc. Now... for the next one though, there's only going to be one more mini arc before we get to finally wrapping this up. That being Montana and the Demon Bear. But in all of this, the rother reason why I did this chapter was because Shayne and Aurox... the Dastardly Duo, have been spotted in Ready Player One. Now... I need to get moving before Discord gets on my case about not having a spot in the movie
-Frost

PreviousChapters Next