• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,212 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,212

PreviousChapters Next
The Heliophage: This is taking forever!! Part 1

Author's Note:

Okay, so with how long that this chapter is and the fact that it covers the rest of the final main mission in Battleborn, I'm breaking it down into three parts.

-Before the fight with Rendain and the first phase of the boss fight [Part 1]
-The second half of the Rendain fight and the moments afterwards [Part 2]
-The aftermath (Trust me, this is where some things may get crazy) [Part 3]

And the idea for the name of the chapter title is based on the fact that one of the location in this mission that you need to defend (The Temple) is known as the Cathedral of the Sustaining Mother... so yeah... church.

Those who get some of the references in the ENTIRE chapter will get a cookie xD.
-Frost

Rogue Chaos- The Heliophage: This is taking FOREVER!! (Part 1)


As both Discord and Eris charged into the fray, they were beginning to clear a path across the bridge that connected Tempest’s resident district to the temple district on the other side. On the other side, there were several battalions of Jennerit Forces that were charging at them, but with Eris’ weapons, Discord conjuring Benedict’s rocket launcher and also Sweetie Bot providing extra firepower for dealing with the heavily armed Thrall Enforcer’s that soon smashed through the gate that lead to the temple grounds, they were able to pass through the blockade with no trouble at all.

Passed the gate, several Jennerit Warp Anchor’s dropped in, filling the courtyard with more thrall that wanted to tear at their throats. But just as Discord dismissed his previous weapon to try and conjure another one, Aurox soon appeared out of the ground in a fiery explosion. Taking up one half of the troops in the courtyard while Caldarius crashed in on the opposite side. “You alright, Discord?” He heard Shayne ask as the teen caught up with them. “You three were running in there so fast that it took some time for Caldarius and us to catch up.”

“Pfft, like a bunch of creeps like those guys could scare me…” He smirked, just as a few Varelsi soon popped in out of nowhere. Making the Draconequus quiver behind Shayne in fear. “AHH! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!”

“And the cycle starts all over again…” Shayne mumbled, rolling her eyes as she threw her boomerang at one of the Varelsi channelers before it could conjure anything to slow down the team. “Discord-.”

“Allow me,” Eris interjected. “Discord… those guys want to steal your chocolate milk and keep it for themselves.” That… just had Shayne and Aurox look back at her in confusion for a moment before speaking up.

“Uhh… how is that going to help-?”

“Wait for it…” Eris told her. Just then, Discord’s mane began to stand up on end as he looked back at the Varelsi as his clenched his paw and claw into two fists. His mane now was golden as his muscles grew in size.



“Un…… ACCEPTABLE!!!” He roared, his jacket almost tearing apart as he released a fury of rapid fire punches at the Varelsi. “I am the Symbol of Peace! AND YOU HAVE MADE YOUR LAST MISTAKE, VILLAIN!!”

“His Trigger.” Eris simply smirked. “That, and his Waifus.”

“I’ll… keep that in mind for future reference,” The teen replied back as she thanked Eris. “Thanks though.” The draconequus just nodded, heading around the left side of the temple and opening up a side entrance for the group while Discord continued to unleash his fury on the cosmic hellspawns. But before he could pull off any form of finishing move on them, Eris whistled and her son immediately returned to the group as the female draconequus closed the door.

“Mellka, we’re in the temple district,” Shayne notified her as the group took a moment to catch their breath. “However, like with the last shard cluster, we need an extractor here. How much time do we have?”

“Well, with Discord and Eris’ push through the courtyard, you have more time then Kleese projected,” The Aelfrian notified them over their communications link. “He thought you would have twelve minutes left, but in reality, you guys have sixteen.”

“We’ll take what we can get… and have Kleese hurry the hell up on that extractor, the sooner we can deal with this, the sooner we can kick Rendain’s ass,” Shayne told her in response as she cracked her knuckles. “He’s got hell to pay for everything he’s done.”

“Yeah, hurry up you old geezer! The sooner we beat the final boss, the sooner you can retire in peace!” Discord added onto that, which lead to Sweetie Bot facehoofing herself in response to the young draconequus’ outburst. “And I'm still angry that we're not featured, nor even close to having to 1000 views!”

“But by the time this is posted,” Eris retorted “we may be at 1000 views AND be featured at least once. That, and Tatsurou already has this.”

“DAMN YOU TATSUROU!!!” Discord shouted, waving his paw in the air in a fit of rage and anger. By the time he was about to go on a rant, he looked up to notice that the harvester the team asked for had just arrived.

“Harvester’s arrived and is extracting the crystals. I’m pretty sure you guys are already familiar with what happens next so I’m not going to repeat myself twice.” Kleese told them over the intercom. “Oh and to be fair… I never did retire from the LLC at all Discord.”

“Oh, so in that case…” He snapped his talons and a coffin appeared. “I was gonna give this to you on your deathbed, but I think the time is now.”

Kleese sighed as he groaned over the intercom, “No, it wasn’t that… After the Magna Carta going offline and the… incident that played out with ISIC going insane, I was fired from the Minion Robotics division of the LLC and-. Wait, don’t you guys have a job to do… like I don’t know… FIGHTING those incoming Jennerit!!”

“Fine, old fart… we’re discussing this later-.”

“There may not BE a later if you don’t hurry up! We’re on the clock here!” Shayne reminded Discord, just as he was about to take out a stopwatch and check the time. “And NO, I don’t mean literally!”

“What? I'm just getting a friend to help us.” Out of the watch came a man who's aged rapidly changed from a boy to an old man. “FATHER TIME! I CHOOSE YOU! USE AGING!!!”

That just had Eris facepalm herself with her eagle talon as she groaned a bit, catching the attention of her teammates. “Not again…”

“Wait… are you saying this has happened before, Eris?” Caldarius questioned as he fired off a trio of flash grenades at some incoming thrall that were charging at him. All Eris could do was nod her head in response as she turned to see her son with the elderly figure i

“You darn whipper snapper!” Father Time spoke, ranging from a boy's voice to an old man's “This is the second time this week! I'm not gonna turn you into a baby again, and you still owe me 10 bucks!” he whacked Discord on the head with a cane and disappeared a Puff of smoke. Discord shuffled, dazed from the whack, but shook his head.

“… GAH!!! FLUTTERSHY!!! I need to save Fluttershy!!!” Discord screamed, running past everything as he bulldozed through almost every enemy that was either inside or outside of the building. “I'M COMING, FLUTTERSHY!!!”

Shayne remembered the name from the fact that Whiskey Foxtrot’s plushie was named Fluttershy as well. But this… was somehow different. “Eris… remember when you told us that Discord probably had some… locked up memories? What’s the likelihood that him getting hit in the head just now caused him to remember them again?” She asked, looking at the Draconequus next to her.

“Eh, it varies.” She simply answered. “Last time I got whacked in the head, all that went through my head was ‘Dancing Queen’.” Just as she said that, they heard the same song echo over the intercom before Kleese scrambled to turn it off.

“Okay, that was not me!” Kleese told her, before they heard a small set of giggles. “Nova? Really?”

“What? With me being in two places at once, I have a little more freedom to do some things around here… plus I thought that music would lighten the mood a little.” The Magnus AI said in response as the shard cluster the team was harvesting exploded. Meaning that the shards were all collected.

“Both shard clusters are gone and the shield to the Heliophage is down!” Mellka yelled over the intercom. “Haul your ass back here! You don’t have much time!”

“Wait, I thought that we had fifteen minutes last time we checked in?” Shayne questioned as she looked back at Eris and Caldarius.

“Apparently, Discord’s shenanigans with that father time person caused Rendain’s countdown for the Heliophage to speed up! You only have five minutes until he activates it!!” Deande told them, causing everyone to start running after the draconequus that got them into this mess.

“FLUTTERSHY!!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!?” Discord screamed. During this, Shayne and Aurox happened to notice Eris fiddling around with some cloth and a needle as she was piecing different color fabrics together.

“And my sewing skills paid off.” Eris spoke, putting on a near life-like costume of the mare in question. “Um, I'm right here, and I think we should get out before-” Discord picked everyone up and ran faster than anyone expected. But by the time they got back to the Heliophage and stepped on the shard pads to activate the failsafe for the Heliophage, everything soon began to darken as the floor gave out from underneath them and dropped all five of them into the void… going as far as tearing Eris’ costume to shreds.

As they landed… what they saw around them resembled broken pieces of other planets they have seen before. Bliss, Ekkunar, The Detritus River, and now, Tempest. They were all places that the Battleborn had been before… and it also contained a bunch of pieces of debris from planets darkened by the Varelsi.

But just before they could say anything, they soon heard an all too familiar voice as a void portal opened and the lothar himself stepped out. “Well now… I had a feeling that the Draconequus and the Battleborn were behind this… However, I cannot allow you to interfere any longer… so I brought you all here.”

“Finally, we get to this guy!! This whole missions feels like it lasted several hours!!” Discord blurted out impatiently.

“Uhh… Discord… We’ve only been out in the field for almost 15 minutes.” Shayne informed him.

“13 minutes and 37 seconds to be precise.” Sweetie Bot responded numerically.

“Seriously!? This whole campaign is rather short if you ask me…” Discord grumbled as he folded his arms in disappointment. “I still need something to cure my boredom dammit!!”

Eris herself was paying less attention to her son and was taking a moment to look around a bit and get familiar with her surroundings first. “Well… this place is-.” That was… before she was interrupted by Rendain.

“A bit bleak, I know… Perhaps you wanted to die somewhere a bit… brighter. But I’m afraid this is where it ends. Here… in the dark.” Rendain snarled as the metal on his right arm shifted and formed a metal blade around it.

“Here he comes!!” Discord yelled, conjuring Ghalt’s shotguns in preparation.

“Come! Show me your strength!” The Lothar roared as he charged towards them. “SHOW ME YOUR RESOLVE!!!”

“You asked for it, chin-dain!” Discord yelled, firing off dozens of shotgun shells as Rendain used the blade on his arm to deflect them before sending a spinning buzzsaw of energy towards the group as it split off into three different ones. “Woah, THAT’S HOT!!”

“Discord, close range weapons like that aren’t going to work because you’re going to have to get close to him in order to hurt him,” Sweetie Bot told him as she fired off a few missiles. “Switch weapons so we can provide covering fire for everyone else.” That thought gave Discord an idea as he decided to conjure Ernest’s grenade launcher and began to fire them at Rendain. Only thing was, some of the blasts bounced off the ground he was standing on before exploding behind them. Causing Discord to look at the weapon disapprovingly.

“It bounces!? Who the hell decide to make a gun that bounces?!! This is the worst gun… ever… of all time-.” He didn’t have enough time to fill out a form of complaint as dark crystalline shadows began to lung at the entire team from all around Rendain. Causing him to throw the weapon at the Lothar as it exploded in his face. “Well, at least it’s useful for something.” It appeared back in his claws, albeit, pixilated first before turning into the same gun. “Ooh! Tedidore!”

Getting a new idea, he conjured two other weapons with the same explosive throwing mechanic as he helped provide covering fire for Shayne and Aurox, Eris and Caldarius. Despite the fact that they were dealing a lot of powerful attacks to him, the team was only hitting the Lothar’s shield that was around him. Though, when Discord threw his guns at the same time that Shayne had Aurox chase the lothar down, sparks flew as it caused Rendain to stop attacking. Showing some of the damage sustained to his mechanical arm.

“Rrgh… very good… Very good, indeed. But alas, I’m quite desperate to succeed… and pride is not my weakness.” He said as a portal similar to the one that he used to come into the broken platform of the void spawned behind him. Discord threw one of his guns, trying to hit him before it closed, but was too late as it disappeared before he was able to do anything.

“Where do you think you’re running off to, coward!?” Shayne taunted as she and Aurox looked around to see where the Lothar had went as Discord and Eris stayed with her while Sweetie Bot and Caldarius went to another one of the nearby platforms using the conveniently located jump pads. However, when they did find Rendain… he was towering over the entire area and was ten times their size.

“You just had to ask, didn’t you?” Eris deadpanned as she looked back at the teen.


PreviousChapters Next