• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,213 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,213

PreviousChapters Next
Combat Ready

Rogue Chaos- Combat Ready


Originally, the thought of trying to get Discord accommodated to being in a combat situation sounded like a piece of cake for both Shayne and Aurox given the nature of Whiskey Foxtrot earlier trying to chase Orendi with murderous intent on his mind. Unfortunately though, both the teen and the djinn soon realized that this was not quite like what they thought because of the fact that every time there was a small quarrel inside the base, Discord saw it as a joke and also… as entertainment. The two of them couldn’t even keep track of the amount of times he did something goofy or comical in response to that.

“Geez,” Aurox groaned, looking back at the teen as she twirled her boomerang a little. “If he’s like this around us, how else do you think he’s going to stand up again Rendain and the Varelsi?”

“Patience, Aurox.” Shayne urged the djinn as they watched him throw another glass behind him after drinking some more chocolate milk. “I’m not quite sure if we should be telling him about them just yet… besides, there really isn’t any educational videos about a dark warlord trying to destroy the universe.” Orendi and Whiskey passed by again, now Orendi had a spare, broken helmet that Whiskey saved.

“You can’t catch me!” She repeated

“I’m gonna rip your head off!” Whiskey growled, causing Discord to laugh again.

“And I thought Orendi was with Reyna, checking on that transmission… Maybe she took Toby instead?” Shayne sighed to herself, looking back at Aurox before hearing a blinking sound come from the nearby control center. “Whisky, Orendi! We got movement outside the base!!”

“MURDER TIME!?!?!?” Orendi asked with excitement. Shayne sighed, looking at the scans again and now looking a little more concerned. They were thrall, the mutant soldiers that were basically Rendain’s lackeys.

“Yes Orendi… We got thrall on the outskirts. And if we know what that means, the Varelsi would show up soon. Get out there and make sure they come nowhere near this place!” Shayne shouted. “With Toby being with Reyna, we’re the only ones guarding this place… Get going!”

“LET’S HAVE SOME FUN!!!” She cackled as Orendi ran out past the defective clone.

“%@#!” Whiskey said. “Oh, sorry, language. What about you two? Joining us? Or are you watching over Discord?” He cocked his assault rifle “We could use your help.”

“Discord can’t protect himself. We’re going to try and make sure he’s somewhere safe first before joining you guys. It would’ve been different if Toby were here, but you’re going to have to make use of the defenses he installed outside the base last week in the meantime.” With that, Shayne scooped up Discord as she ran to the back of the base while Whiskey ran in the opposite direction. The teen remembered that the Penguin had set up locations outside the base for where the Rogues could set up turrets when any invasions like this were to happen. But that was only two days ago and they had yet to be tested. All Discord could do was look back at Shayne as they turned another corner towards one of the rooms. A worried expression came onto the younglings face


Outside, Whiskey was setting up one of the turrets while Orendi ran around, looking for something. “WHERE’S MY PRECIOUS!?!”

“Get your ass over here and help me set this turret up!” He shouted at Orendi, who ended up ignoring him as she cast a spell that formed a pillar of chaos as the bodies of several thrall flew into the air.

“MURDER TIME FUN TIME!!!”

“F^@*!!!” He pulled his assault rifle out and fired at the thrall, though, as everyone knew, his assault rifle was a three burst weapon. Which made it hard for him to reload without getting swarmed by incoming enemies. Of course, while he was reloading though, the Thrall in front of them soon stepped on a red circle as Aurox burst up from the ground and turning them to ash. Causing Whiskey to turn around as Shayne unsheathed her boomerang.

“Hope I’m not late to the party. Had to make sure Discord was in a safe and comfortable place.” The teen told them, causing Whiskey to look back in confusion.

“And where would that be, ‘Momma’?”

“Your room.” Shayne quickly said. Whiskey’s exposed eye twitched. “What? I was short on time and had to come back after hearing Orendi go nuts.”

“Why you little-!”

“KEEP YOUR MOUTH OPEN!! I WANNA SEE IF I CAN RIP OUT YOUR INTESTINES!!!!” Orendi yelled in pure joy of all the carnage and trouble she was getting herself involved in as both rogues watched her go crazy with her spellcasting. Whiskey pointed at Shayne.

“This isn't over.” He reloaded again before aiming at the Thrall.

“What? He see’s you as Grandpa Whisky. Where else was he suppose to be that doesn’t involve him getting in trouble-. OH SH-!” Shayne cursed as she and Whiskey both had to barrel out of the way in different directions. “Oh for crying out loud! We just happened to catch the attention of the Varelsi!”

“DAMMIT!!!” Whiskey pulled out his arm, grenade launcher. “Time to go Michael Bay on them!” He fired multiple grenades at the Varelsi, causing several explosions

Shayne just stared with a raised eyebrow as she looked at the clone. “How do you even know who that is?” Before that, she just sighed. “You know what? Don’t answer that-.”

“Ooh! Our little guy wants to join.” Orendi spoke.

“WHAT!?!?!?” Everyone yelled. Walking across the battlefield, dragging Whiskey’s plush Pegasus in his mouth, Discord walked, his eyes shut with a smile on his face.

“Discord! I thought I told you to stay inside! You’ll get hurt-!!” Shayne’s words were cut off, just as a blast from a Varelsi threw her and Aurox into Whiskey, causing her to struggle in getting up. “Agh!”

“MOMMY!!!” Discord spoke, running to her on all fours.

“FLUTTERSHY!!!” Whiskey yelled, seeing his plushy destroyed by an explosion. “NOO!!!”

“Oh, this is just adorable…” All of them heard, looking in the distance as the rogues recognized the voice. “Fighting for such trivial things and trying to go against the inevitable… Too precious.” It was Lothar Rendain… well, more like a hologram of Rendain that was next to the thrall general that was leading the assault. “Especially since you see each other as family… How… pathetic…”

“SNEAK ATTACK!!!” Orendi yelled, charging at the hologram… only to be snared by a trap and thrown into the dogpile that was Shayne, Aurox and Whiskey. “Uh… in retrospect… hindsight was 20/20.”

“CWAZY AUNTIE!!” Discord screamed.

“I apologize, but I can’t stick around long or stay to watch you and your pathetic excuse of a home burn to the ground. I’m a little too busy for you lot to even be considered as important… Sorry for the inconvenience.” With that, the hologram dissipated. But not before Rendain looked back at one of his generals. “Warmonger, make sure to tear them apart! Limb by limb! And as slowly and painfully as possible.” The Thrall and the Varelsi approached to the fallen group. Discord saw his family, all defeated, helpless, and possibly, dying. He was frightened, but somewhere, deep inside of him… he snapped. His eyes literally glowed with fire, followed by the rest of his entire body, and he turned to the nightmares approaching them.

“NO ONE… HURTS… MYFAMILY!!!” He yelled, his words now enunciated. In a white flash, Whiskey’s rifle was in his claw & paw, and he fired at the monsters around them. Several seconds later, once out of ammo, Discord switched tactics and now took up Orendi’s skills, using some of the same skills she would, but with his own twist on them as he had Shayne’s knife in his claw as it flew around and hit several opponents within range. All while the rogues that were on the ground were staring. Surprised.

But not as surprised as what Discord did next: somehow, with a twist of both his wrists, he was in Toby’s mech suit, jumped into the middle of the group, and fired around while circling around, taking down everything around him. When the mech faded and the only thing left was the Warmonger screaming towards him, the youngster sharpened his claw and paw and began to unleash a barrage of slashes at the opponent. All while screaming a certain phrase.

MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA!!!!!!!!

With it, the ones who tried to assault the compound were all dead and nothing more as Discord regained his composure, realizing that he still needed to heal everyone as he poured a huge bucket of chocolate milk over the group, dowsing them like if they were on fire.

“ECH!!! Really!?” Whiskey yelled, “I just washed these pants!”

“Uh… Is anyone even paying attention to the fact that Discord just annihilated those guys?” Shayne asked.

“I’m so proud of you, son.” Aurox chuckled as they all got up off the floor.

“Now I’m gonna get a lot of followers online!” Orendi said, holding a video camera.

“... Okay how?”

“SpaceTube!” Orendi shot back before looking up. “Hey, what’s with the weird ship in the sky?” She asked, pointing at it with one of her hands as everyone else looked. To their surprise, it appeared to be a ship that was built by the Last Light Consortium as it touched down nearby. Opening up as Shayne just groaned.

“Oh come on! We already had to deal with Rendain’s lackeys! Can we freaking catch a break already!?” The hatch opened and to everyone’s surprise, Toby and Reyna were on board. Along with several other people that clearly were representing other factions. Two of them looked to be from Eldrid, another four seemed to be from the UPR, Two from the Jenerrit Imperium… or broke away from it, and lastly, another few looked to be from the LLC themselves. Including one old guy in a flying arm chair.

“Okay, just what the hell was all the racket down here-!?” The old guy shouted, before Discord leaped and tackled Toby.

“Uncle Toby!!”

“GAAH! NOT AGAIN!!!”

“... Did that vampire attack here?” Reyna ask the others as all of the people on board began to disembark.

“The Thrall and Varelsi were here, yes… but you would not believe who defeated them all.” Shayne said, pointing at Discord as he was nomming at the feathers on Toby’s head.

“... Him!?” They nodded in response to Reyna’s outburst. “... How the hell did that happen!?”

“You might want to check with Orendi… She recorded everything apparently.”

“Along with Whiskey’s tragic loss.” She added, watching his ‘No!’ again with a giggle.

“YOU UPLOAD THAT AND I WILL NOT HESITATE TO SNAP YOUR NECK!!”

“Too la~te!”

“I’M GONNA STRANGLE YOU!!!” Whiskey declared, chasing after Orendi as she laughed, running away. Not before a voice from someone new rang out and caught everyone’s immediate attention

“Enough! All of you!” The one who was shouting snapped. He was short by appearance, but his voice sounded firm as it caught everyone’s attention. All it did though was cause Discord to jump off of Toby and crawl over onto Shayne’s shoulders.

“Who’s the guy with the booming voice?” He asked, looking back at him. “He reminds me of Grandma Reyna.”

“I’m sorry, what now!?” The Rogue leader responded upon hearing that single comment. “Did you just call me Grandma!?”

“Well… Whiskey is Grandpa, Orendi is Cwazy Auntie, Toby is uncle, and I’m with mama and papa, so you must be Grandma right?” All that did was cause Shayne to facepalm herself as she looked back at him.

“Kiddo, remind me to actually tell you how a family tree works once you’re older,” She said, looking back at Reyna. “Matter of fact, what the hell were you doing with a bunch of UPR’s and the other factions in the first place?”

“That… I’ll let Ghalt explain.” Reyna replied.

“... Congratulations!” Ghalt announced “you're all now members of the Battleborn.”

“Battleborn?” all the Rogues asked in unison. All Reyna did was just sigh as she looked back at Ghalt.

“Maybe we should have this talk back inside the base so we’re not out in the open. Last time we left Orendi out in the open… Let’s just say we got numerous complaints of her causing trouble in various locations about her killing monsters like it was a game and letting the blood shower neighboring towns.”

“I was a level 99 before I was put down.” she said, pulling a needle out. “Man… elephant tranquilizers are pretty weak.”

“...... Good point.”


Once inside again, Captain Trevor Ghalt began to explain things a little more clearly. His plan was to unite all five of the factions against Rendain instead of having to fight for the scraps of whatever was left behind, calling their union the “Battleborn”. It wasn’t going to be easy, but the more allies they had, the better. With himself, Montana, Oscar Mike and Benedict representing the UPR, he had to make sure to introduce some of the other members of the three other factions. From the Eldrid, there was Thorn, or what Discord almost called “Katniss” based on appearance, and also Mellka, a high ranking Eldrid operative who had a strange monster arm that acted as a swift army knife… and a useful can opener. The Jenedict Imperium had only two members at that current moment. One being Rath, former swordsman turned exile who almost killed Rendain himself… and Deandee, who was a spymistress working undercover as Rendain’s personal assistant, but now fought for the greater good of Solus.

Then there was the LLC… and they weren’t exactly the nicest of the bunch either, even though there were only three of them. Phoebe, or sword lady in Discord’s book, was one that made the youngling think that she could teach him how to cut people in half with a sword. Next, there was Marquis… or as Reyna once said… A high society cybernetic sociopath. Who had a mechanical owl named houdini and what Discord once thought as a butler and a gentleman. Lastly, there was Kleese.

“Who’s the old geezer!?” Discord asked abruptly.

“OLD!?” Kleese yelled. “I'm not that old! I can still move!”

“Does it include buttons?” Discord poked at the controls, making the hover chair fall onto the floor. “Oops!”

“I apologize for Discord… He’s a bit… chaotic in personality and a bit of a troublemaker…” Shayne responded. “And no, before you even ask, it’s not because of Orendi… In fact, sometimes we can’t understand what he is capable of sometimes.”

“Really?” Kleese asked, observing him and zooming in on his with one of his cybernetic eyes. “Hmm… he doesn't look like he's from a lab of ours. Though then again, my memory isn't too well.”

“We found him while trying to salvage some supplies like a week ago on one of the deserted towns on Detritus.” Reyna spoke up. “That was when we happened to run into your… friends… Ghalt.”

“If I knew the little guy was there,” Montana spoke, picking up Discord. “I wouldn't have attacked! ‘Sides, I made you a deal.”

“Easy big guy… Now that we actually had the chance to know everyone’s names… Shayne, how did Discord exactly fight them off?”

“Well, that’s the thing… It looked like he was able to create solid projections of Whiskey’s rifle, Orendi’s skills and my boomerang along with Toby’s mech. However, he could only do this for a short amount of time.” Just as the teen said that, everyone saw Discord in a ninja outfit while he was projecting Rath’s blades. “See what I mean?”

“I'm siwent… and deadwy!” Discord spoke. “Like Katniss’s farts!” The Battleborn members turned to Thorn, who facepalmed a little and narrowed her gaze at the youngster.

“Interesting…” Kleese said upon seeing this. “Hang on a second, I think I might have something back on my ship that might be useful.” After leaving for a few moments, everyone can hear him silently muttering to himself. “Now where did I put that blasted-. AHA! There we are.” He said, looking back at them. “One spare Helix ring.”

“Hewix wing?” Discord asked.

“When in combat, Helix rings can help you upgrade your combat skills every time you step on the battlefield.” Kleese spoke up, all before Orendi interrupted them.

“ALL POWERED BY RAW VIOLENCE!!”

“... I WANT ONE!!!” Discord cried out shortly afterwards. He pounced and tried to take it. “GIMME!!! GIMME!!!”

The only response to that was Aurox holding him up by the tail as he looked at him. “Settle down, youngster.”

“But I want the power! POWER!!!” With that though, Discord passed out from all the energy he spent. Ghalt and Kleese looked back at one another as they both sighed.

“Something tells me saving the universe and handling this little guy is going to be an excruciating headache.” Ghalt commented.

“Indeed,” Kleese replied. “But, with his talents and proper training, maybe taking down Rendain won't be too hard. And I hate to admit it, but he's kinda cute.” The old man just leaned back in his chair and watched as the young Discord fell asleep on Shayne’s shoulder once Aurox had set the youngster down. Only a short while later did he redirect his focus to something that the AI on his ship was picking up. “Oh dear… I believe we have ourselves a situation.”


Author's Note:

Helix Ring: Discord
Rogue Wildcard.
Characteristics: Versatile, Random, Complex

Abilities:
-Weapon summon: With no weapon, Discord summons and 'borrows' the signature weapon of the Battleborn members until out of bullets or for 7 seconds.
-Choconade: Discord summons his signature glass of milk and has a refreshing drink that heals 20% of his health, then throws it like a grenade, dealing 142-287 Damage.
-Chocolate Rain: With a snap, Discord summons a cotton candy cloud that will slow enemies by 20% for 9 seconds.
-Claw barrage: Using his claws, Discord slices with his left and punches with his right. Deals 56-116 Damage
-Teleportation: Useful when outnumbered or low on shields, Discord will teleport away (or to) danger by 30 meters.
-Unleashed: Discord becomes nigh invincible while healing all allies at once with random objects dropping all over for 6 seconds.

Helix:
Escape Artist: Teleport an extra 15 meters./Show Stealer: Teleporting will now have explosions, dealing 127-173 Damage
Chugger: Discord gets an added 10% health from Choconade/Sour Milk Discord deals an extra 50 Damage for Choconade.
Generous: Allies caught in Chocolate Rain are healed./Brown Pants: Enemies are slowed by an extra 10%
Pusher: In claw Barrage, enemies are pushed and stunned for two seconds/Slicer: Deals an extra 50 damage
Crowd Control: All damage is added by 10%/Self control: 10% chance of being unharmed
Greedy: 5% more crystals are added./Cheap: Augments now cost 5% less
Fight: Health and shields increase by 15%/Flight: Every action is 20% faster
Quick helper: Teleporting next to an ally will get them back up instantly/Better control: Duel wield any weapon.
A bit longer: Keep weapons for an added 3 Seconds/True Magic: All abilities are cooled down faster by 15%
Master: In unleashed, allies are invincible./Monster: Larger objects fall with increased speed, strength, and impact during Unleashed


Thanks to MrAquino for setting up the skill tree and Helix ring.
Next Chapter: The Algorithm

PreviousChapters Next