• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,210 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,210

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Training and a Tea Party

Author's Note:

Again. This took up WAY too much of my time with regards to editing. Some weird thing with the import Gdoc feature on here is making it way too difficult with organizing the code for what to bold and italicize and it is driving me nuts! Other than that though, things so far have been pretty... interesting.

Oh and if you have been paying attention to the game, a new hero is sneaking in the next chapter. I'll let you figure that one out for yourself.

Also, the more that Discord ages, the more times the fourth wall will break. Have fun!
-Frost

Rogue Chaos- Interlude: Training and a Tea Party


Shortly after returning from the Amenine observatory; Ghalt, Deande, Mellka, Kleese and Reyna were already working on trying to figure out what their next move would be against Rendain. The last few times, they have been having to defend themselves against the Lothar’s assaults as well as stop him from gaining control of various weapons that could wipe the Battleborn off of the map. Now though, any form of news that would help them cripple Rendain’s operations would be the most beneficial.

It was then that Deande had handed something to Kleese… and caused him to smirk with a menacing grin. “Oh this would do just nicely.”

“What is it, Kleese?” Mellka then asked.

“Well, according to this…” Kleese said as he had a small map of Tempest be pulled up from a datapad. “One of Deande’s spies had located a Jennerit energy refinery… with a HILARIOUS staffing problem,” It was around then that he turned to the monitor and then said something that got the Magnus AI that was there really excited. “Nova, we got a job for you.”

“Ooh! Oooh!! Are you going to put me in the robot suit? Are you!?” She asked, before repeating herself. “Kleese, robot suit, Kleese…”

“No, we’re going to digitally upload you into a network that you will hack.” Kleese clarified, only causing Nova to sigh deeply as she groaned again.

“I guess that can be fun too…”

“Funny that you mention that,” Reyna told the others as she spoke up. “I had one of the newest members of the Rogues do some recon on tempest while everyone else was helping out at Amenine.”

“Should I even ask?” Ghalt questioned as Reyna sighed.

“Well, let’s say it’s the reason why Kleese doesn’t like Reptiles.”

“Snakes… why did it have to be snakes!?!” The genius groaned before looking up for a moment. “Hey, on a side note, where’s Discord?”

“Last I checked, he was doing some training in the simulation room with Orendi… I’m not sure if that is going to end well though.” Mellka said, looking at Reyna. “Should we check on them?”

“Ehh, they’re probably doing something to kill time. But if you say so…” Kleese replied, activating something on the hologrid in order to see the events that were taking place… only to be baffled by what exactly she was seeing. It looked like a 13 year old girl was with the two of them… and she just blew up a psychotic murderer with a set of dynamite.

“Care for some tea, Lord of Chaos?” The girl asked, “Along with your business partner, Sir Reginald?”

“Of course, Mistress Tina,” Discord answered, levitating and taking his own tea cup. “Aunt Orendi and I love these meeting, Tina, even if you are a stored A.I. that sadly perished with Pandora those many years ago.”

“As long as I’m with my friends and crumpets, I’m A-okay!”

“... Wait, did he just say Pandora?” Ghalt asked, causing the others to look back at him in confusion.

“You know about that place, Captain?”

“Heard about it, but have never been there myself since it darkened a long time ago. From what I recall though, the Peacekeepers wanted to assist with keeping the peace on the planet, but the problem was that multiple different corporations were tearing apart the planet to go at each other’s throats. They also said that the place was filled with psychos-.”

“Now it’s time for the guest of honor!!” They heard Tina declare, causing everyone to look back at the simulation. “Madam Orendi, can you please wake up Mr. Sparks for me?”

“WAKE UP, MR. SPARKS!!!” She yelled, banging on a generator. A box appeared in at the end of the table, and tied up was a midget with two mohawks and wearing a mask. He laughed maniacally, despite being tied up.

“When you’re ready to start the party, please smack Mister Flesh-Stick in his b*tch face.”

“Yes ma’am!” Discord agreed, slapping the midget with a glove.

“Ooh! I forgot to mention, but I’m bringing some of his friends over.” Tiny Tina then mentioned to them as they heard numerous noises from outside. “Can you make sure they’re not being too distracting and prevent them from DESTROYING the Generator?”

“I’m on it!” He snapped his talon and two exact copies of him appeared next to him. “You go and make sure his friends have fun. And you stay with Mr. Sparks!”

“Yes, sir!” the first clone spoke, putting on a top hat and pulling out a sniper rifle.

“Right away!” the other added, putting on an engineer suit.

“... Did Discord hack the security?” Ghalt asked.

“My God… he cloned himself! They're all equally and fully Discord! He can fully multitask without a lot of distractions!”

“Wait… can we make a clone army of him?”

“Hmm… I don't think so. Maybe there's a limit. Each clone, as I'm reading, aren't as strong as one, but who the hell knows!” Kleese threw up his hands in the air, looking back at everyone else. “Let’s watch and see how much of a badass he is from the day we first saw him.”

They all watched as multiple psychos and various members of some gang charged to the cave entrance. The Gentleman looking Discord pulled out two matching pistols.

“It's high noon.” The clone spoke in a deep southern accent. In rapid speed, the clone shot down the first wave of bandits. Though, a couple passed by him. In the cave, the other clone made more sentries while singing about building sentries. The built sentries fired missiles at the oncoming bandits, leaving only pools of blood and limbs behind. The real Discord, meanwhile, spoke with a rabbit toy named ‘Fluffy Butt.’

“So… with do you think about the presidential election of 2016?” He asked.

“... Fluffy Butt still has nightmares.” Tina replied.

“What kind of nightmares? Where you choose between a crazy businessman with little hands and a lady with a worse track record than M. Night Shyamalan?”

“First one, then the other.” The little girl replied. “What do you have to say, Flesh Stick?”

“I'M GONNA EAT YOUR FACES!!!” The psycho yelled before being shocked by "Mr. Sparks".

“... He must've loved the Zodiac killer, Ted Cruz. But that's better than Sir Reginald’s vote… f***ing racist.” A doorbell was heard. “Ooh! Our other guests are here!”

“More!?” Orendi asked, spilling tea into her red eye, making it purple. Tina skipped and opened the door above some ice. In came a tall, white equine with a long horn & wings, wore a golden crown, necklace, & boots, had a sun on both of it’s flanks, and it’s blue-green-pale blue-and purple mane & tail seemingly flowed with no wind around. The next came in was a smaller, butter yellow winged equine with a long pink mane & tail with butterflies on it’s flanks.

“Welcome, Princess Sunbutt and Scaredy cat! You’re the other guest of honor to the not so guest of honor.”

Discord stared… followed by some images thrown into his eyes.

The machine blared loudly.

“What’s happening!?” Ghalt ordered.

“The computer has examined Discord’s subconscious!” Kleese answered, just as Shayne and Aurox walked into the room. “Apparently, these two are close to him… and, if I’m not mistaking, he may have a crush on.”

“...Whiskey!!!” Shayne yelled.

“I didn’t do anything!!!” Whiskey shouted back from his room.

Sunbutt and Scardy Cat took their seats, both next to Discord. The draconequus began to hyperventilate, and Tina didn’t help as she whispered to his ears.

“Look at them glutes!” She said. “They’re so soft, ain’t they? Sunbutt’s could work as a bed if you wanted! And Scardy cat’s looks like a soft pillow! They good, ain’t they? If you want them… you gotta make your move… show them what you got… prove how you want them... both, or just one, it doesn’t matter to me.” Discord couldn’t help but stare at them. He felt his heart bumping harder than ever, sweat rolling down his head, how everything seemingly went slow motion, and his wings, both bird & bat wing, started to stick up and-.

“AHH!!! WINGBONER!!!” Orendi yelled. Discord turned to see his wings sticking right out like sore thumbs, both hard. He squeaked, blushed, and hid himself. His clones appeared next to him, and took him out, putting him in a suit.

“Don’t be afraid, boss.” The engineer-cord spoke “You’re gonna kill it!”

“And we’re gonna kill them!” The Shooter-cord spoke, firing and killing a psycho just inches from touching the generator with a headshot. “Ooh! Better yet!” He teleported away and returned with a bunch of tied up bandits, all with instruments.”Now knock them down!”

“...Thanks me!” Real Discord spoke, blushing. He snapped his talon, and he with the two equines disappeared.

“Where did he go!?” Shayne demanded.

“...He made himself a new program!” Kleese exclaimed. “Two, in fact! Both the same, exact, and Disco themed! Hm… and he copied himself again, this time, one with sunbutt, and the other with scaredy cat in their own Disco room. I did not know he was into horses.” Shayne slapped the back of his head in response, causing the old timer to flinch again.

“Oww! What the hell-?”

“You’re getting carried away… now, I needed to ask you something… That R-Dash 5000 Discord and the others brought back, are the repairs completed?”

“That robot was barely damaged! The batteries… yeesh! You might as well have it plugged to an automotive nuclear power plant. But, yes, it’s fixed, though I wouldn’t recommend turning it on, since, you know, it might kill us.”

“So it’s physically ready, but mentally… not so much?” Ghalt asked.

“Let’s just say that when Kleese tried to turn it on, R-Dash’s first words were ‘Thank you. I will now attempt to murder you’.” Nova interjected, despite Kleese trying to tell her to shush, spattering in a repetitive ticking sound. “If you are trying to speak morse code, Kleese, then you are doing a terrible job at it.”

“Well how the hell are we going to get this thing working, then? Unless someone has a bright idea, then we might as well put Nova into it.”

“Well… think about it… How do you think we got Sweetie Bot?” Ghalt then stated, causing Kleese’s eyes to go wide for a few moments.

“You aren’t suggesting what I think you are… are you?”

All Ghalt could do was nod his head as he looked back at Shayne, “Yes I am… Discord is going to have to make a return visit to MINREC.” He then looked at the simulation, just as Discord was finishing up with the task Tina gave him as she looked at Orendi and Discord.

“Well, I say the hour draws near. I believe it’s time for Flesh-Stick to bid us ado.”

“And as fun as it was with you, Discord,” Sunbutt spoke in a motherly tone. “But, sorry to say, but I have a boyfriend.” The system crashed, followed by a black ‘Game Over’ screen, and Discord screaming. Discord literally busted out of the computer, tears falling from his eyes, and hugged Shayne.

“MY WAIFU!!! WHY!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!?"

“Wow… That was… unusual… Hey, where’s Orendi-?”

“THIRD DEGREE BURNS ARE HOW I SHOW AFFECTION!!!” They heard the Vampimorph scream from down the hall, which answered their question immediately.

“Right… Discord, can we talk to you for a moment. We may need your help with something,” Ghalt asked as he walked on over to where Shayne was, the teen getting up as Discord was still clinging onto her shoulders, still crying.

“I need some love! Sunbutt! We could’ve been partners, even rule the galaxy as husband and wife!” Shayne patted him on the head, calming him down and reminding him that it was just a simulation as he tried to wipe the tears from his face.

“Anyways… Discord?” Ghalt asked, finally catching his attention. “We’re going to need some help with getting R-Dash 5000 back up. Seeing as you were able to get Sweetie Bot online with MINREC, maybe there was a way for you to do the same with this one.” Discord blinked.

“Why not put the computer lady inside the man-woman bot?” He asked.

“THANK YOU!!!” Nova exclaimed.

“Without her, we can’t fly the ship and we would plummet straight to the ground. Also, Nova is the heart and brains of all our communications… without it, we can’t recieve word from our allies.” Ghalt explained.

“But I can take out my heart and I’m just fine.” Discord said, pulling something out of his chest as it was beating in his paw, almost causing Ghalt to feel sick in the process. “And I'm certain the authors will find a way!”

“... Authors?” Shayne asked.

“The two guys writing this, even our dialogue!” Everyone froze and remained silent.

“Hm… it appears he may be seeing past dimensions now.” Caldarius examined from the back of the room while his assault frame was recharging. “Perhaps another thing Draconequi are good at?”

“Nope! Just me! I remember seeing the readers just as this chapter started! And might I say, you're all good looking.”

“As nice as that may sound, I think we are straying from the original topic.” Mellka spoke up, looking at Discord. “And furthermore, you are talking to a box of cheerios.”

“To you, but this is a camera and the point of view on how the reader is seeing us if this becomes a video series! And the next shot is with that spider in the corner!”

“... Okay, now… Let me make this simple… the sooner we get R-Dash 5000 operational, the sooner you and your… family are going on a special mission, Discord.” Nova said, looking back at the little guy before noticing that he wasn’t there. “Okay, where did he go-?” That question was soon answered as they saw him shouting out loud and holding a wrench like it was a hammer.

“I AM THE GREATEST ENGINEER ALIVE!!!” He announced. “... And Gearbox just got an extra grand. Your welcome!”

“Alright, come here!” Shayne spoke, picking up Discord. “I don't know what's going on with you, but it has to stop!”

“But I can't! They're watching me unless we cut to a new scene.” That was until Shayne held him over and began to speak something that caused his eyes to start being sleepy.

“Soft kitty, warm kitty… little ball of fur… Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, pur pur pur…” That soon had Discord out like a light, followed by her giving the most vicious glare at Kleese and the others. “You tell anyone about this and I’m letting Aurox have a field day with all of you.” A note appeared onto her face. She took it off and read it to herself.

“Including the audience?”

“Well, on that note, I think we made one point clear.” Kleese said, looking at everyone. “We are all tired to the point that we might as well be brain dead! Get some rest!! I’ll have Nova and I configure R-Dash 5000 while Reyna and the others are out on tomorrow’s mission.” Shayne nodded her head as everyone left the meeting room. But upon setting down Discord in her room was when she had noticed that the Draconequus had grown a lot in a little period of time. He was no longer just a youngling anymore, at least, not as small. He grew a foot long, and he was much more slender than before, with his talons looking a bit sharper and not being as ‘poofy’ as he was. Surprisingly, his beard grew a couple of inches, though his hair seemed to be getting shorter; He may go bald when he reaches his adult years.

However, as Shayne began to lie down and drift to sleep, something in her dreams began to irritate her with each passing moment. Voices that did not make sense as the teen found himself in a void like plane similar to the one the Varelsi Conservator created on Bliss. But the voices this time… were different.

“That's what friends do.” A gentle sounding woman spoke, the same one from the void the last time around. However, even if the voice was familiar, the teen could not tell who it was unless she had two things. A name and a face. Since it was way easier for her to put those two together than anything else.

“My sweet, little, Dissie… what's wrong, my child?” Another motherly sounding voice asked, but with a little more secretive tone to it. Followed by something a little more demanding.

“Discord! You are forever banished!” An authoritative sounding man yelled, followed by the banging of a gavel.

“He's no son of mine! He's a runt!” a demanding father sounding voice shouted in anger.

“Mommy!!! A monster!!!” She heard Discord scream, causing Shayne to look around and see if he was somehow in this void as well… only to be unsuccessful in her attempts.

“Discord, where are you?” She shouted, only to hear more voices echo throughout the void.

“Discord!? More like ‘Missed-a-cord’!” A bully sounding voice came.

“You are an embarrassment to your family, and our kind.” A wise, sounding voice added.

“THOUEST WILL STOP THY HEINOUS ACTS!!” An authorative and royal sounding voice boomed.

“Go back to the freak show!” a gruff voice yelled.

“Stop this, or else!” a royal, but kind sounding voice came… one that matched Sunbutt’s from the simulation.

“Discord!!!” Shayne yelled. “Show yourself!!! This makes no sense!” A disturbing and frightening chuckle erupted.

“Making sense?” the voice, the male voice from the void asked. “What fun is there in making sense?” Another voice then shouted, causing Shayne to want to retaliate and scream for the voices to shut up.

“YOU'RE WORTHLESS!!! THE DIRT IN MY BOOTS ARE BETTER THAN YOU!!! YOU THINK YOU CAN BE AS GREAT AS YOU'RE FAMILY!? DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH, YOU SMALL, STUPID, PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A STUDENT!!!”

The sound of Discord screaming loudly, and various objects being destroyed boomed in the darkness. Then, silence… only the sound of Discord crying could be heard. A Beacon of light was seen, and Discord himself sat in the middle, balled up, and crying. All around him was destruction...not ones from a fight with someone, but just destruction littered like trash.

“Monster.” He whimpered to himself. “Just a monster…”

Shayne wanted to say something… Tell him otherwise… But she could barely hear Discord over the voices that clouded her head… she had to make them stop… She needed to make them stop.

“Shut UP!!! YOU ASS***** DON’T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT DISCORD AND I DON’T CARE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT HIM. HE IS MY SON AND I WILL NOT ALLOW THIS BS FROM ANY OF YOU!!!” She ran to him, though the voices kept going on. An orange like aura flowed around them as she tried to comfort Discord. With one last scream from her, the voices stopped and everything… changed. She was back in the void now… just by herself… but felt as if something was behind her.

And the clapping that she was hearing was not helping her.

“My, my, that was quite the show.” Rendain’s voice spoke. “A mother fending for her adopted abomination? How touching. It's a shame that I still know more about him than, even with your pea brains combined.”

“You dare talk about him like that again and I promise that I will let Aurox tear you apart, limb from f***ing limb when that time comes.” Shayne snarled. She had nothing here to actually fight against the lothar except for her words. But even then, all Rendain saw that as was just petty threats.

“It’s so cute to think that you could actually stop me… Solus will fall-.” It was then though that there was a light pulsing from the teen that caused Rendain to cover his own eyes in the process. “What the-? H-how the hell-!?!” Not before long though was when Rendain was actually pushed back and the scene around Shayne changed. It was a different void now. Almost like a long expansive grid from one of those old computer movies. But it was when Shayne turned around that she heard a new voice, saw a new face, and had everything she knew about the Draconqui immediately crash and burn.

“Sorry about that, my dear but I hate it when I have unannounced visitors come into a place like this…” The figure… was a draconequus. But it was a lot taller, smoother, lighter in colors, and more feminine in nature. She had a full head of grey hair and had her arms folded across her chest.

“Who… are you?” Shayne asked, confused by this figure.

“I'm your son’s real mother. The one who not only gave birth to him, but raised him, nurtured him, and was with him eons ago, right around when your great grandfather to the 16th power gave the liberty bell it's Crack. I'm Eris, and my son's on your face.”

“...Wha-?”

Poof!

It was then that Shayne snapped her eyes open and found herself awake, only to see that Discord was on her face, wide awake himself.

“... Your hair smells like bacon!” He spoke. Shayne smiled a little, rubbing his head as he helped her get up and off of the floor.

“T-thanks for telling me that, kiddo…” She groaned. “I’m really going to need some coffee…”

“And less bacon.” Shayne smirked, looking back at him as she now noticed that Discord was standing on his back legs instead of all fours.

“Hey, kiddo… You’ve grown quite a bit recently.” The teen mentioned while the two of them walked into the kitchen for breakfast.

“It's the horrors of puberty.” his voice got deeper. “Ooh! I'm sounding like John De Lancie!” Shayne just chuckled, not focusing on that as she started the coffee maker. Only to then say something to her.

“Yeah… so Discord… there’s something I need to tell you about our next mission… I wanted to make sure and tell you this so you knew what was going on today okay?” She said, but before she could tell him where they were going, he named numerous scenarios off the top of his head.

“Are we rescuing a prisoner?! Saving hostages!? OOH OOH I got it! The hardest mission in the game!!!” Shayne did not understand the last part, but chuckled to see that Discord was being humorous.

“Possibly… We’re helping Nova sabotage a Jennerit Energy refinery on Tempest. Reyna already said she has a team member on the ground and scouting the place, so you, me, Toby and Sweetie Bot are going to help make sure we help protect Nova while she does her work.” Just as she said that, the teen could hear the Magnus AI chanting to herself and sounding a lot more… vocal than how she normally would be.

“WOOOO!! AWAY MISSION!!!”

“Yeah… She’s pretty excited.”


PreviousChapters Next