• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,213 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,213

PreviousChapters Next
The Renegade: Welcoming Committee

Rogue Chaos- The Renegade: Welcoming Committee


It was a week after they had closed the Varelsi Portal that had bloomed on Bliss unexpectedly and for Discord, he was eager to have some fun. Over the short time that Sweetie Bot had joined his family, the youngling began seeing her as a older sister… one that had full auto missile launchers that worked a lot like Montana’s machine gun. This morning though, as soon as he woke up, the youngster went to where the sentry was charging, letting his parents be able to sleep peacefully as he went with Sweetie Bot to go find something to eat. The draconequus helped himself by providing some bread rolls for a morning snack while allowing Sweetie Bot to recharge her circuits with the plug-in on the wall in the hangar bay.

However, it was during then that they had noticed two things. One, Whiskey Foxtrot was up and doing what may be considered as the “Hard Mode” difficulty for push ups. Two, both of them happened to be spotted by someone who happened to be in the room and noticed them by accident. It was one of the Jennerit rebels who fought against Rendain and the rest of the Imperium that was under his control. In fact, this one in particular used to be Rendain’s right hand until she went turncoat. “Oh… uh… good morning… I honestly did not expect anyone else to be up right now…”

“Morning Ms. Ande!” Discord chuckled as he wiped of the crumbs on his face with a napkin. The spymistress herself chuckled, correcting the youngster since her name was Deande. It was then that Sweetie Bot turned to face her after the sentry was done charging.

“Howdy there, ma’am? What’s shakin?”

Deande raised an eyebrow in response, a confused expression on her face as she looked at the Unicorn sentry. “Who… is that?”

“It’s Wolfie… Well… It was Wolfie. I won a present last week and Wolfie has a new body and a new name. Say hi Sweetie Bot!” Discord cheered as he landed on top of the mare’s head, causing the mare to chuckle. It was at that point that Whiskey himself wanted to know what was with the racket going on outside his room and he too was also introduced to Sweetie Bot. Shortly before Deande walked inside the ship and had the three of them follow her. What she had was vital information for Ghalt about the actions of the imperium over the time they had destroyed the Varelsi portal. Now, she had something that could possibly help them.

“So what do you have for us, Deande?” Ghalt asked her as she presented a holographic file that contained various pieces of intel her spies had recovered. Fortunately, they did not need to worry about any of them going turncoat because the spies themselves were loyal to only Deande instead of Rendain.

“Ghalt, I believe I have something that can help us,” She replied, opening the folder and letting numerous pieces of intel take a digital form to let Ghalt and Nova examine them. One such piece being footage of an imperium shock trooper escaping from the guards at one of the prison wards on the Jennerit home world of Tempest. Along with a full body image of that Shock Trooper from head to toe. “My spies on Tempest tell me that the imperium is mobilizing to capture an escaped prisoner they have been hunting for weeks. I only know of one that would merit such a response, it MUST be Caldarius. His jailers are in hot pursuit, but if we can beat them to Bliss, we may have a potent new ally in our war against Rendain… provided that he makes it out of there alive.”

Shortly after she was done speaking, Ghalt himself cleared his throat and proceeded to mention something. “According to your file, this guy’s been killing Jennerit elites since he broke out of prison. Isn’t it likely that your on his list?”

“Well, surely I am. But I WAS the one who helped free him so that means all is forgiven…” She replied, nervously. “Surely, Right?”

“All that time, in solitary?” Ghalt questioned. “If it were me, I would surely kill you.”

“Well, that’s rather nice of you captain-.”

“I would also kill you.” Nova chimed in.

“Me too… if you were Oscar Mike…” Whiskey Foxtrot mumbled.

“Me three!!” Discord replied by raising a paw and blurting out the statement, along with Sweetie Bot nodding her own head and agreeing to it.

“Alright, I get it!! We’re jerks!!” Deande responded, followed by a deep and heavy sigh. “The point that I’m trying to make is that we have a narrow window of opportunity to pull something like this off. We need to get a team on the ground and help Caldarius ASAP.”

“Can we go Grandpa?” Discord asked, him and Sweetie Bot giving Foxtrot a set of puppy dog eyes each before Whiskey himself sighed.

“Alright, as long as I’m coming with you and we don’t get paired up with Oscar Mike.” Discord was really happy to hear that, but kept his excitement to a brief whisper since he did not want to wake up his parents or any of the other Battleborn that were sleeping.

“For an assignment like this on Bliss, someone from the UPR with prior knowledge of the place should join,” Ghalt replied, going over and taking off the two shotguns that he had hung up on the wall of the ship before loading them. “I’ll join you and see if one of the other guys instead of Mike can come along too.”

“The imperium might go after Caldarius with everything they got, so some heavy firepower may be beneficial for this mission. Even with Sweetie Bot tagging along, it wouldn’t hurt to have some more firepower on hand,” Deande suggested. “What about the Avian? I believe his name was Benedict right?” Ghalt like the sound of that idea, saying that he’ll go make sure that Benedict was ready for combat while the rest of them got ready as well for when they landed on Bliss. They just needed to make sure and inform Kleese of what was going on before anyone left. That way… they wouldn’t do anything stupid while they were gone.


“Everyone on the ground?” Deande asked the team, just as the five of them touched down on the frozen hellscape that was Bliss. “Alright, I’m patching into Caldarius’ assault frame using the comline. Hang on a second…” For a brief moment, they heard what sounded like a ringing noise for if a phoneline was trying to connect, but then heard a metallic being respond on the other end. It was Caldarius.

“Deande?” He said, not sounding amused from the sounds of his static like voice. “What do you want?”

“We don’t have much time Caldarius. Your jailers are coming so here’s the deal,” Deande responded as the group began to move forward and link up with the closest LLC checkpoint they could find. “We get you out of here alive and you help us kill Rendain.”

For a moment, the Shock Trooper seemed defiant. “Heh… I don’t need your help…” However, the sight of several Jennerit ships in the sky proved otherwise as his response soon changed. “Hmm… I might need your help.”

“What kind of help?” Discord soon asked the others, just as the group encountered the first of several Jennerit scouting parties that they were going to encounter that day. As Whiskey Foxtrot and Benedict engaged them from the upper walkway, Ghalt, Discord, and Sweetie Bot soon took on a few of the others that were underneath it. Just as Discord’s question was answered by Caldarius.

“My assault frame’s power cells were completely depleted after my escape from Tempest. If you want to be of assistance, you can start by restoring power to this facility. Afterwards, I can kill Hylis myself.”

“The main power plant is damaged beyond repair, Kleese any ideas?” Deande asked as Discord was helping Sweetie Bot fire off some missiles that landed straight in the face of a few stranded Thrall in a nearby basin. Around the same time that Kleese responded to the spymistress’ question. “According to these Schematics from the UPR, there appears to be a backup power generator that was built in the caves, but never brought online. That’s your best shot… Sorry, did I say best? I meant only.”

Upon hearing that, Discord had conjured Reyna’s laser pistol and had his mane in a certain flat appearance before turning to Ghalt and speaking. “I got a bad feeling about this…”

Surely enough, a new voice soon spoke up over the comline… One that wasn’t anyone that the group was familiar with. “There’s nowhere left to run Caldarius… Come on out and face me!”

“Who the flying hell was that?” Benedict asked as he soared in the air and fired at a few of the spare thrall that were around the backup power facility.

“Give me a moment to think it over,” Caldarius replied, before speaking a few minutes later. “I would like to pass on your offer, Hylis.”

“Gonna make me work for it hunh?” The Jailer said. “Good. On my way here, I thought I would be bored s**tless while on this mission, but as you know I love a good chase. Give it your best shot Caldy… It will make putting you back in irons so much more satisfying. Especially when we get to the fun stuff.”

Both Deande and Discord had the same response to that question, but Discord was a little more curious when it came to what they said. “Fun stuff?”

This only caused Caldarius to sigh heavily as he groaned and responded back to the group. “He means torture.”

“DING DING DING DING!!! I do mean torture!” Hylis cheerfully proclaimed like he was a game show host. “And there’s plenty of torture to come around if the rest of you want to come… Or you can just leave here and leave me to my quarry.”

“What’s torture?” Discord asked Ghalt, only causing him to be distracted as he looked back at the youngling.

“Uhh… Think of it as not being allowed to have your favorite dessert… for a VERY long amount of time.” Discord gasped at that, charging in at the remaining thrall down below with his pistol out and firing at them.

“YOU WILL NOT TAKE AWAY MY ICE CREAM!!!”

“Ice Cream!?” Sweetie Bot added, following him. “WAIT!!! I WANNA TRY!!!” Ghalt sighed to himself.

“Kids…” he grumbled, just as Benedict landed next to him and Whiskey while reloading his rocket launcher.

“Guess we're gonna have to… wing it!” he joked awfully. The sound of drums were heard as both men groaned at the joke, causing Benedict to sigh to himself. “No appreciation for good humor.”

“There’s the backup generator, and still functional by the looks of it. Fire it up and we can keep track of the power levels from Nova.” Deande explained as Ghalt looked at a holoscreen on his gauntlet.

“According to the base records, the UPR had this substation decommissioned after finding an unforeseen security risk,” He said as he looked at the others that were preparing their gear and readying for combat. “Go ahead and activate it, but be ready for anything.” That was when he noticed that Discord had already made some preparations. Hence, taking a short nap on top of a set of turrets that looked to have been activated recently by him.

As the generator whirred to life though, the sounds of rumbling far off from their location caused everyone to tense up. Especially Kleese from the other end of the comline. “What the hell is it doing!?” Hearing unknown sounds of some sort of creature and also the sounds of the Jennerit picking up on the commotion had the whole team nervous.

“It’s a fair bet that something isn’t pleased about our presence here, prepare yourselves!” Ghalt told the others as he reloaded his shotgun with a fresh new set of shells. Just as a series of exploding, suicidal bug like creatures came out of nowhere and startled Discord out of his nap.

“What the hell is going on down there?!” Deande asked out of worry and concern for the team. Only to have Kleese immediately respond. “The generator woke up the locals, and surprise surprise, not only are they hostile… but they are also INCREDIBLY PISSED!!”

“Thank you, Captain obvious.” Benedict snickered before taking a moment to ascend into the air so he could rain death from above.

“Preparing missiles!” Sweetie Bot said, the twin rocket launchers appearing out of it’s back and held over both sides. It’s eyes turned red. “FIRE!” a flurry of rockets came out and began to explode the insects. One of them passed by Benedict.

“Hey! Watch where you’re firing! I was almost fried!” The sound of cricket chirpings were heard. “How are there crickets here!? It’s in the middle of a frozen hell!!”

“Don’t question it!” Whiskey yelled, firing at the insects near the generator. “... Oh f**k me!”

“Language!” Ghalt barked at Whiskey before hearing a warp anchor crash down above them. “Son of a B*tch, thrall incoming!”

“Language!! You kiss your mother with that mouth captain!?” Discord mocked, wearing a blue helmet with a white ‘A’ on it and changed his voice to sound like the old earthen actor named Chris Evans. He conjured up a circular shield and threw it at some Thrall, only to change back and destroy the warp anchor that had landed behind them. All was quiet for a brief moment, before a second wave of those bug like monsters began to swarm them.

“Protect the generator! It needs time to initialize!!” Deande’s comment was followed by Benedict and Sweetie Bot firing missiles at a group of enemies that spawned on the ledge above them and shooting them down. Ghalt used his chain to pull an enemy towards them and causing the enemy he pulled to trip over a brick that Discord had set as it landed on one of Ghalt’s scraptraps that he had previously set. It was another five minutes before the gang was able to catch their breaths briefly as Deande spoke. “Heh… Was that all of them?”

“Come on, I know that you’re new to this squad, but is that ever truly all of them?” Ghalt questioned as Discord looked at him and prepared a copy of Mellka’s machine pistol.

“Umm… Maybe?” She replied, only to be interrupted by Nova on the other end.

“It isn’t… More enemies inbound to your location.” The AI informed them, shortly before more Jennerit swarmed in. Which began to irritate a certain clone as his gun went into overdrive and he went into a rage.

“THAT’S IT!!! I’VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERF**KING JENNERIT IN THIS MOTHERF**KING CAVE!! COME GET SOME, YOU ASS****’S!!!” He screamed, unloading an entire clip of 75 rounds into several thrall that had landed until he looked at Discord. “Oh uh… sorry kiddo. My anger sometimes gets the better of me.”

“We might need more of that right now,” Benedict pointed out from the air as a Thrall Enforcer soon crashed onto the scene with his minigun primed and aimed directly at them. “Okay, if anyone has some hidden abilities that we don’t know about, please do them now!”

That only lead to Sweetie Bot soon stepping forth as her missile launchers were set aside to activate a control mechanism that was on her back. “Set phasers to hug and… annihilation.” After a brief charging sequence, a violent wave of energy was fired off that blasted the Enforcer to bits as it was turned to a pile of ash and dust. Something that caught almost everyone off guard as Discord cheered for her and landed on her back.

“Deande, we’re done fighting baddies!” Discord called out, a sign for the spymistress to check on the levels that the backup generator was emitting and respond to the group.

“Excellent, the generator is functioning beautifully… What’s next?” She asked Kleese as the genius took a moment to analyze the present situation before responding.

“Now it’s just a matter of redirecting power to our… new friend,” He said, sending a new set of coordinates to the group as the locked door nearby began to open up. “Facility control is your next destination.”

“All of you, get moving,” Deande told them as they pressed on. “If Caldarius is located before he is ready for combat, he won’t stand a chance.”

“Roger that,” Ghalt replied as he confirmed the order to everyone else as Whiskey reloaded his rifle and Benedict had his rockets ready for combat. “You heard her team, let’s get moving.”


Author's Note:

Discord, Grandpa Foxtrot, and a few other lackeys get themselves on a mission to rescue a renegade trooper from his pursuers. But it will take a lot more than skill and firepower in order to be able to help Caldarius.

Next chapter- The Renegade: First Dibs!

PreviousChapters Next