• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,212 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,212

PreviousChapters Next
Rebellion: All for one and one for all

Rogue Chaos- Rebellion: All for one and one for all


The first couple of times that they ran the simulation with Attikus, things were… alright at best. Despite the fact that Oscar Mike was there and ruining things because he either wanted to feel included or re-enact a scene from his favorite Holo-drama ‘One Star to Live’, things were… sort of the same. However, there was one thing that Attikus did say that Discord really had a hard time believing. Making friends was tricky, Making enemies was way too easy… and making amenities was rather difficult. And to him, it just seemed like Attikus was just wanting to dwell on these bad memories forever.

Well… not on his watch apparently. To the draconequus, what the thrall needed was for someone to back him up. To tell him that his past was not today… and to not turn that idea into a song being sung on top of a building. “Okay, where is he? I need to give him a serious piece of my mind!”

“Uh… who’s ‘he’?” Aurox asked, confused by the random outburst that Discord was having.

“Who else is having a personal pity party without the proper decorations or scenery?” The chaos spirit asked, which had Shayne facepalm herself in the process. Especially with the fact that Discord was not getting at all what was actually going on.

“Discord, do you even realize what is going on now?” She asked, only to get a defiant shake of his head. All while Eris was watching out the scene. “Okay…… Do you remember when we were closing the portal on Bliss and you were hit by those memories of yours?”

“How could I not forget? I was beginning to feel traumatized then because I didn’t know what was going on! It was so painful to go through…” Discord remarked, slowly calming down. “All I remember after that was you helping me get back on my feet and me singing in the shower afterwards.”

“Alright… This is that moment… in a different context.” Shayne told him, all while Eris just raised an eyebrow at her and folded her arms.

“Uh… did you forget that logic and sense don’t work with Draconequui?” She asked the Rogue, shortly before Shayne continued to speak.

“Attikus right now is handling memories that are painful to him… and like how Aurox and I helped you originally, we need to help Attikus now.” The teen’s words… had an odd effect on Discord as he tilted his head for a moment… before realizing what she meant.

His response though, had Shayne want to slam her head against a wall soon afterwards. “Oh… then why didn’t you say so originally? We could’ve spent less time here and do something productive like… I don’t know, finding Equestria?” Aurox groaned shortly after that as Eris just smirked a bit. Surprised about how her son… was actually getting along quite well with the teen and her djinn hellspawn. No wonder Discord originally saw them as their parents.

“...... Nova?”

“Yes?” The AI responded, appearing from inside the simulation after her name was called. “Are you guys ready? Because Attikus says that he’s willing to do one more… and that you guys have been helping him with what it means to be a hero or something. I can’t remember all that he said.”

“But it means that this will be the last run right?” the female draconequus in the room asked as she looked at the AI.

“Most certainly from the looks of it.” Nova replied back to Eris before looking at the rest of the group. “Attikus is even trashing the fedora he was wearing before-.”

“Aww man!! I could’ve wanted that!” Discord shouted, causing Shayne to roll her eyes in response.

“You know it may be two sizes, two big for your head right?” Aurox himself questioned.

“WHO CARES!? I LOOK GOOD IN ANYTHING!!” A puff of smoke came and Discord was in a bunny outfit. Eris poofed in next to him.

“Including this?” She asked

“MOM!!!” That had Shayne laughing almost instantly, Aurox chuckling and even Nova was giggling too in response to Eris.

“I have to admit, that is rather clever Eris.” The AI even added to the conversation, looking back at the group. “Just as funny as when Oscar Mike was having a manly cry.”

“Hey!!” Everyone heard the clone soldier yell from the other side of the simulation room. “I thought I told you that was confidential, Computer!”

“And I thought I told you that my name is Nova…” The AI pointed out to him, before sighing again. “In all seriousness, is everyone ready to go. Because Attikus is rather eager to do this again one last time.”

“I’m ready whenever you guys are,” Shayne replied back. “What about you, Eris?”

“Ehh, as long as I get a much needed rest after this, then I’m all for going through one more time.” The draconequus replied, all while they heard Oscar Mike loading his weapon in the background… leaving Discord as the only one who was sitting on the floor.

“...... Alright, but I have two conditions…” Discord replied back to them as he held up two talons from his eagle claw. “First… we make it a speed run. We’re already wasting too much time as it is going through these flashbacks to make it look like the extended cut of Blade Runner…”

“Actually, you’ve only been here for a couple of hours-” Nova tried pointing out to them, before Discord interrupted her.

“My point exactly… Secondly, in doing this… I want to fight the final boss myself. There’s something I’m eager to pull off that I wasn’t able to follow through on during the assault on Tempest…” Shayne, Aurox and Eris were a bit surprised and confused by what Discord was talking about, but it was better for them to just go along with it rather than delay it further.

“I believe we’re on board with that. Nova, let’s begin.”

“Loading narrative feed and splicing it with simulation replay,” She confirmed it for them. “Beginning Operation in three, two, one.” The moment that the simulation was primed up and the three of them had their feet on the ground, they were already off to the races. Discord even going as far as to ignore what Attikus was saying… and interrupt him too.

We need to set up a-

“Speed run!!” Discord yelled, while lobbing two balls of chaos magic that honed in on their targets and destroyed the jamming towers that Attikus was going to tell them about again, if he hadn’t destroyed them already. Having the gang already zoom on down to where they were suppose to rally at.

“All jammers destroyed-”

“Speed RUN!”

“Airwaves cleared-”

“SPEED RUN!!”

Just then did the group get some rather… unannounced arrivals as a few bots and some thrall soon dropped in from out of nowhere. “Incoming-”

SPEED RUN!!!” The draconequus declared, making all of the enemies explode with a single snap of his finger, which also had the doors blow up like if they had C4 charges attached to them. “GOTTA GO FAST, ASSHATS!!!” This continued on from section to section, even going as far as Oscar Mike calling it the ‘Best time of his life’ while most of that consisted of shooting thrall in the face, calling in airstrikes and using his gun to perform air guitar solos. Discord wore a blue hedgehog costume with red dance shoes, dragging everyone around with some music playing. To the naked eye, he was a blue blur, and by the time he arrived at the door to Aria’s sanctum, he ditched the costume and was now beginning to crack his knuckles.

“Now… for the main event…” he declared, having the front of his hair go up in a golden V shape form as a new song was playing the moment he stepped inside and the door slammed shut. “Oi, VILLAIN!! Show yourself!!!” Right on time did Aria enter the citadel… and when Discord began his beatdown. Rapidly punching her at gatling gun speeds and throwing her all around the room like it was a game of ping pong.

Then… the finisher. “Hey, villain!! Have you ever heard these words?!” He declared, having all of his strength circle around his right arm as he prepared one last strike to finish off the Silent Sister. “Go Beyond! Plus… ULTRA!!!” The punch sent the jennerit flying into the roof so hard that she exploded and from the explosion, loot began to rain down from the ceiling as everyone else soon walked in.

And Oscar Mike was still jamming his guitar. “MEEDLYMEEDLYMEEDLYMOWW!!”

“Well, I guess that’s that…” Shayne replied, looking back to see an almost passed out discord. “Wow… This was his idea and he already looks beat.”

“Well, with magic, including Chaos Magic, there’s a certain amount that we try to use normally at one given time. Going past that leads to tiring out like so.” Eris commented as she picked him up and placed him on her shoulder. Just as they were about to exit the simulation though… was when they began to hear someone speak to them from outside.

What in the world have you guys been doing in there?” Deande asked them. “You’ve been inside that simulation room for seven hours.

Everyone at that moment didn’t quite know how to respond at first… but Attikus decided to just keep it brief. “Ah well… Just reliving some old memories…

“AND MAKING NEW ONES!! YEAH!!!” Oscar Mike added on, which had Aurox and Eris glaring at him because he could’ve woke up Discord.


Later

It had been a while since Discord had used up a lot of his abilities to finish the last round in the simulation room, which later lead to him deciding to take a power nap before doing anything else so he could get some form of energy back. By then though, Shayne & Aurox were asleep along with Eris and many of the other members of the Battleborn. But again, the sound of someone trying to piece things together with duct tape and also a hand saw caught his attention as he found Whiskey hard at work on making some adjustments to his equipment.

“Hi, Grandpa!” The draconequus spoke up, which soon caught Whiskey’s attention as he looked back at him.

“Hey there, squirt…” He said, putting away his combat rifle and now setting down his sticky bomb launcher from his left wrist. “Can you hand me the wrench over there?” Discord turned to where Whiskey was pointing at and grabbed the wrench so he could tinker with the armament before throwing it into a nearby wooden box.

“So uh… what else have you, uh, got in there?” Discord asked, trying to make light conversation.

Whiskey himself looked inside the box and then took out a few things. “Oh, eh, gunpowder, nitroglycerin, notepads, fuses, wicks, duct tape, glue and paperclips. Rather big ones too.” He said, before looking back and holding up his hands for a moment and doing air quotes. “You know, just uh… office supplies.”

“Oh… Um, why are you fixing your stuff though? It looks good as it is.” Discord then commented.

“Well, unlike you or Eris, we don’t have chaos magic and we need to manually be able to take care for our stuff by hand,” The clone told him. “Think of it like cooking. You wouldn’t want to rush it and end up with your meal being a complete f**king mess.”

“You like cooking?”

“Mostly baking bread, but Reyna had me be the cook for the Rogues whenever they don’t need me on the front lines…” Whiskey replied back. “Speaking of which, Reyna’s been talking with Nova for a while and… well, last time I saw her, she looked concerned.”

That soon caught Discord’s attention as he raised an eyebrow in response. “Concerned? Why?”

“I believe she had Toby go out to do some recon on Bliss, but she hasn’t heard anything from him in a while. You might want to check with her just in case.”

“What about you?” Discord then asked.

“Well, a little birdy told me that Oscar Mike and two of the others, R-Dash 5000 and Sweetie Bot were trying to re-establish contact with the other mike clones. For me, I just see it as interrupting their family reunion.” The clone replied before leaving the room. “Wish me luck!” Before Discord could even say anything, Whiskey already left the room and began running down the hallway of the base like a maniac.

“O…… kay then.” He said, shortly before going into the main command room to go see how Reyna was doing. At first glance, she seemed a bit frustrated about what was going on, until Nova pointed out to her that he was in the room… which immediately had the leader of the rogues look less stressful… and a little bit hopeful.

“Ah… good timing…” Reyna spoke up to him. “Discord, we’re going to need your help with something.”

“Wait a second… we?” the draconequus asked.

“She means both herself and I… I think…” Nova interjected for a moment before looking back to Reyna. “My apologies, carry on.”

“Right… well, we got a bit of a problem… and a big one-”

“Does it have anything to do with trying to find my homeworld?” Discord then impatiently asked.

“Actually… it does,” those words caught his attention as Reyna began to speak. “I had Toby try to track down a lead that we had of something appearing on Bliss for a short while before disappearing, but we lost contact with him an hour ago… Then, there’s this.” With that, the valkyrie soon used her hand to bring up a new holo-image on screen, which showed a HUGE fleet of ships that were dangerously close to the Detritus Ring.

“Oooh, a fleet of ships… how scary…” Discord rolled his eyes at that. “For all we know, that could just be the bald geezer and the LLC-”

“Correction… these were stolen from the LLC.” Nova replied back. “Ten ships were stolen along with blueprints and other items from the LLC by a rogue employee with delusions of grandeur for taking over Solus. With how close they are to the Detritus Ring and the home base for the Rogues, this could be a problem.”

Reyna… who didn’t really have a lot of other options, then looked to Discord and sighed. “I’ll see if there’s anybody else that can help… In the meantime though… Are you ready for another mission?”

Discord… could only think of one response. “Sure, why not?”


Author's Note:

So, out of convience's sake... Discord decided to fast forward through everything else to get to the second story mission that greatly involves members of the Rogues. Toby's Friendship Raid. Get ready, because there's a lot of things that are coming with this one. Including character development.

Until then, see you guys around!
-Frost

PreviousChapters Next