• Published 11th Apr 2016
  • 3,215 Views, 193 Comments

Rogue Chaos - FrostTheWolf



The Rogues of the Detritus Rings try to raise a infant Discord while fighting to survive and protect the last star in the universe from the Varelsi. This is either going to be good... or drive everyone insane.

  • ...
9
 193
 3,215

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Fun and Games

Rogue Chaos- Interlude: Fun and Games


Shortly after Discord finished his personal chorus inside the shower, dried himself off, and put on his new jacket that Shayne had made for him, the young Draconequus was less worried about what he had seen in the void while on the last mission and more focused on what he was going to do now. After talking to Shayne and Mellka, the two of them thought that the youngling would be able to be a better badass on the battlefield if he had more combat experience registered in his Helix Ring. The more experience in combat that’s registered in it, the more likely bonus mutations in the helix ring would pop up and serve as extra abilities that would benefit him greatly in combat.

Before they could initialize the simulation machine that was used for training purposes, Ghalt called a quick meeting to introduce a few new arrivals that had heard of the Battleborn’s feats in collapsing the Varelsi portal that spawned on Bliss and had offered their services to the cause. From the LLC, there was the professional wrestler with robotic arms that went by his stage name “El Dragon”, which had Discord dress up to look like he was a member of a mariachi band to add to the feeling in the room. The UPR was able to conscribe Galilea, the “Wraith of Bliss”, to the cause as well and despite the nickname though, she seemed less scarier than expected after humoring the youngling when he dressed up as a knight and pretended to challenge her to a duel, just for kicks. Lastly, the Eldrid had two members, one new seeker (what the Eldrid call their recruits) and a returning member that just came back from the world of Ekkunar named Miko, which took Discord a little while to realize that it was suppose helping their cause and a topping for Pizza night… or a power up for an Italian psychopath.

The Seeker though, went by the name Alani and she was raised as a healer on the freshwater planet of Akopos. But when Rendain and the Imperium invaded her home world and drained it of its oceans, she was forced to be a warrior and used her powers to control water all around her and also the water in her own body to fight back and survive against the invading thrall that destroyed everything and everyone she once knew. All while nullifying the warranty on the water soluble nanotech that was the rings along her arms and causing Discord to try and copy her techniques while wearing a strange set of clothes to add to it.

When they got back to the simulation test chambers, Discord and Shayne were both surprised to see a familiar face working the grounds outside it in his new metal body. ISIC. “Howdy there, meatbags! What brings you here on one of the few rare and glorious days that we have left in this dying universe?”

Both parent and child looked at one another in confusion shortly after ISIC had finished speaking, only to be followed by another familiar voice as they turned to see Montana walk over to where they were. “Oh sweet! Is this the training room? I can’t wait to give it a test run!!”

“Ah perfect! A volunteer!” ISIC cheerfully replied. Soon, Whiskey Foxtrot and the sword mistress, named Phoebe, decided to join the other three as ISIC had all of them sync up to the capsule needed for the simulation to properly process. “Now, before we begin this family friendly activity of violence and bloodshed, let’s go over the rules of the game mode that I’ve selected for you today… Meltdown.” Before any of them got the chance to ask, a cartoony like tutorial video began to play as all five of them watched the images on the screen and listened to ISIC explain everything to them.

“In this competitive game mode, teams of five players each have one goal. Guide cute and adorable robots, along with all their hopes and dreams, to their grimly demise! All to satisfy the insane machine god named MINREC. But enough from me, let’s let cyber lady do the rest of the talking!” With that, the five of them found themselves in what looked like the hangar bay of the ship they would normally use, only to see a digital projection of Nova as she began to further explain the game rules for Meltdown.

“Meltdown… earn points by guiding your minions to enemy incinerators and by destroying your opponent's minions before they reach your own. The bigger the minion, the more points you will obtain,” The AI explained. “The first team to five hundred points obtains victory.”

“That sounds simple enough-.” Shayne replied, until they heard a new voice boom throughout the room.

“THE OTHER GUYS WILL BE KILLED!!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

“...... Who or what the hell was that?” Whiskey asked, only for his question to be answered differently by Nova.

“Haul ass and roast noobs in… 3… 2… 1…”

“Wait, wha-?” Discord asked, just as the gates opened to a battlefield. “... Alright chumps, let’s do this! DISCORD!!! JENKINS!!!

“...Oh my God, he just ran in.” Montana just said.

“CHARGE!!!” Phoebe shouted. The team ran to the battlefield, seeing that their opponents are Miko, Galilea, El Dragon, Alani, and Toby.

“Aw crap.” Toby sighed. “I'm gonna regret this day n-AHHH!!!” Discord tackled him to the ground, knocking him out of his mech as he disappeared a few minutes later.

“Victory is mine!” Discord shouted, overhearing something about first blood and how Toby was soon going to respawn. “Wait, where did he go-?”

“Deploying minions, sacrifice them to avoid MINREC’s Wrath.” Nova advised.

“Who's MINREC!?” The floor shook with a booming laughter.

“MWAHAHAHAHA!!!” Erupting from the floor and floating above them all was a giant, golden robotic head. “IT IS I, MINREC, PUNY CHILD!!! SACRIFICE FOR ME, AND AVOID MY… Uh… what are doing?” Discord was preparing something in a kettle over a fireplace.

“Making Gumbo.” He replied.

“... That's not how that works.” Shayne said.

“THE ANGSTY TEENAGER IS RIGHT!!!”

“Uh… I think that was a compliment?” The teen replied, before turning to notice that El Dragon was in a bit of a grudge match against Montana on the opposite side of the map. However, when Galilea tried to initiate a surprise attack from behind, Discord flipped the cauldron as it smacked the knight in the face.

“How can I cook without a book of recipes!?!” He squealed, before turning to see Galilea. “Oh hey, I didn’t see you there.”

“You find a way to catch an opponent by surprise even when you aren’t paying attention hunh?” Galilea smirked, preparing her sword and shield. “This will be very interesting indeed.”

“Book.” A cookbook knocked Galilea on the head, knocking her unconscious. Discord then quickly read through the pages until coming across one and putting a talon on it. “... Ah! Mushrooms!” He turned to Miko and licked his lips.

“... S**t.” The Mushroom swore, the first time that itself actually had done so… and feared for it’s safety as it ran and tried to throw kunai knives at it’s pursuer. “WE REQUEST AID!!”

“Busy here!” Alani replied, using her water against Phoebe’s swords. “You really think your blades can work against my water?”

“It's better than nothing.” The Fancy Woman replied.

MINREC watched the Madness from his position: Discord chased Miko while dressed up as earlier mentioned Italian psychopath, Phoebe & Alani clashing sword & water, Whiskey kicking Toby like a soccer ball, Montana & El Dragon having a Flex off, and Shayne & Aurox… Aurox watched Shayne poke Galilea with a stick.

“... This is ridiculous.” MINREC muttered to himself before turning back to the fighting sides. “You know you're suppose to sacrifice robots to me, right? Everyone’s tied! If there's one thing that the great MINREC hates the most, it's ties!” Discord appeared on his head, now with the top of Miko’s head as he held a few suit ties with him.

“Which ones?” he asked.

“Both…. Hey! How'd you get up here so fast!? And why is your team's points going up so fast!?” He looked down, seeing all of the robots formed a Congo Line and we're going into the shredder. It was past the 500 point marker and was at 10,478,183.21 points. “... I'm… oh no… I'm feeling sick… give me a sec!”

“I think Discord broke the system…” Shayne replied. “Hey, Nova, you there? Maybe we can try a different training mode or something, given all the shenanigans that have been happening?”

“... New gift from MINREC. For Discord.” Nova replied, just as MINREC ‘puked’ out a box that almost crashed on the youngling.

“NEVER DO THAT AGAIN!” MINREC shouted before disappearing. Discord ran to the boxes, jumping like… well… a child. He opened a box to see that it was a robot, but it had a note attached to it.

Please activate once outside of the simulation. All of you have avoided my wrath, FOR NOW!! And make no mistake, one team will lose next time!!!

-Your future and inevitable demise, MINREC

“Hey Toby, can we look over these with Kleese once outside of the simulation?” Shayne asked the penguin as she looked at Toby. “I got an idea of what to do with the… contents in the box...”


“You really think that something like this could be pulled off?” Kleese asked as he inspected the mechanical contraption that Shayne and Toby brought back from the Simulation. The former head of Minion robotics was skeptical of if something as a contraption from MINREC could actually work. For all he knew, this could have been a bunch of recycled scrap metal.

“Well, Discord was really attached to Wolf to the point that he did a farewell tribute to him after he detonated, so maybe we can try to have this one be a companion for him,” Shayne recommended. “I mean, I won’t always be there for every mission that he’ll be assigned to, but with a friend, he’ll be able to stare at death in the face and spit in it.”

“That sounds… possible. However, I don’t have a copy of the same AI program that was used for the wolf unit. Let me check the schematics for this real fast…” He said, looking at the blueprint that was in the box, until something caught his attention. “Oh my… this may be very… interesting…”

“How exactly?” Toby replied.

“This robot was to serve as a mobile sentry and also be able to function a full running magnus AI that was already loaded onto the hard drive. However, my concern is the possibility that this magnus could go bats**t crazy.” Kleese wasn’t joking around when he mentioned that. Originally, all Magnus AI’s followed the computer system that was known as the Magna Carta. One day though, it went offline and it never came back on. Causing any AI’s that were closer to the Magna Carta to go insane. Nova though wasn’t affected because she was farther away from the structure when it went offline and was not affected. The concern though was what could possibly happen if they tried turning it on now.

“Can’t you just remove the protocol for it to look for the Magna Carta?” Nova then peaked in, causing everyone to look at her and Kleese to realize how right she was and then commencing the actions that she recommended. Shortly followed by her speaking something else. “Hurrah, I’m being helpful.”

“Okay, now, does this bot have a name?” Shayne asked, looking at the blueprint. “Sweetie Bot? Who would come up with a name like that?”

“Probably someone who would want to make some kind of dumb joke off of a cartoon character or something,” Kleese said, before commencing the startup sequence for the contraption as it came online. “Ah here we are, IT’S ALIVE!!”

“Running diagnostics protocol… Startup process initialized… downloading latest updates… uploading Wolf Sentry 1996’s data… oh! Hey! Wassup, guys! You forgot to tell me what a Death March was.” The robot spoke, it’s voice now less like Wolf and more feminine, so to speak.

“Oh great. It's THAT one again.” Kleese groaned to himself, rolling his eyes.

“Wait until Discord sees you’re back, Wolfie.” Shayne spoke.

“I’m not a Wolf Sentry anymore.” The robot replied to the teenager as it tried to take up a heroic pose. “I have my memories, but I feel so ALIVE!!! I can’t wait to join you guys on your missions! Sweetie Bot is ready to take on the world and be a badass like you guys!”

“Well, that’s definitely new…” Toby replied, looking at the others. “I’m guessing you will still be ready for combat?”

“Little buddy, I was BORN combat!! I’m ready whenever you guys need me... Now where’s that little fella that was with us last time? I gotta go say hi!” The former Wolf Sentry, now mare robot proclaimed as she tried to walk. “Wow… kind of feels strange moving from six legs to four, don’t you think?” Shayne and Toby just sighed, just as Discord himself walked in and began to wonder what all the racket was about. “Oh hey, little guy! Guess who’s back!?” Discord froze with a confused look.

“W-wolfie?” he stuttered.

“Almost! I have my memories back, but I am stronger, deadlier and even more lethal as F**K!! I am Sweetie Bot!” She proclaimed, shortly before Discord pounced onto her and held on like he was hugging her.

“I have both a new and my old best friend back!” Discord hugged the robot, who smiled and hugged back in response.

“D’aww…” Shayne and Toby said in unison.

“HNNG!!!” Kleese grabbed his chest, around his heart area, and fell onto his back. Everyone else in that moment, looked at Kleese and began to panic.

“Oh no! You guys killed Kleese!” Toby squaked. Discord began to panic himself. Sweetie Bot walked to Kleese and rubbed her hooves together, making electricity.

“CLEAR!!!” She zapped Kleese. He rose up with a gasp.

“What just happened!?” he demanded “Where am I!? Heaven!? Hell!?... Oh no! I'm in New Jersey!!!” Discord and Sweetie Bot laughed at him. “... Why you little-!!!” The two ran away, giggling as Kleese got into his chair and chased the two troublemakers. All while Shayne and Toby kicked back, got some popcorn, and watched the shenanigans unfold.

Fortunately, even with the way that the universe was… they still had the time to have fun with family and friends. No matter how crazy they were.


Author's Note:

So yeah... that happened...

This is serving as what happens in between this mission and the next one named "The Renegade". Expect Shenanigans now that another new companion is on board with this mission. Here's the info on the newest Hero, Sweetie Bot

LLC Demolitionist
Versatile; Tank; Complex.

Abilities:
-Missile Launchers: Equipped in Sweetie Bot is twin Missile launchers that deal weak explosive damage, but can nearly fire limitless, given if launchers are cooled off.
-Cloak: Enemies won't see Sweetie Bot for 7 seconds, and first attacks deals 25% more damage
-Overdrive: Shields are raised 50% and regenerate 25% faster for 5 seconds.
-Buck: A kick with both back legs that deals both physical damage and pushes enemies away.
-Shock Wave: An EMP pulse that stuns all enemies nearby for 4 seconds.
-Death Laser: A heavy laser that pops out of Sweetie Bot's back and deals tons of damage for 10 seconds.


Helix Ring:
Cool robot: Cooldown is 20% faster/Hot Robot: Does 10% more damage
Nukes: Missiles do more damage/Targeting: Can now aim missiles.
Energy gain: EMP's take a fraction of enemy health to yours/Walking Bomb: Releases a huge explosion when shields are depleted.
Charged buck: Bucks can be charged, dealing an extra 50% damage with added push/Flurry: unlimited rapid fire bucking (And no, not THAT kind either).
Breaching: Missiles can pass through walls./Lock on: Missiles will head to the nearest enemy.
Hit & Run: When attacking from Cloak, able to run 20% faster for 3 seconds/Patience: Stay cloaked for an extra 2 seconds with 10% extra damage
Hot Hooves: Bucking does fire damage to enemies/Cold Hooves: Bucking has freezing damage.
Suicidal: When Down, explodes and deals damage to enemies./Suppressing Fire: When down, can still shoot missiles onto enemies
Short Circuitry: In Overdrive, shoots missiles 20% faster/Hydraulics: Moves 15% faster in Overdrive.
Rain Death: Death Laser does 30% more damage and lasts for an additional 2 seconds/Misunderstood: All enemies killed in Death Laser are healed to allies


Next Chapter: The Renegade: Welcoming Committee

Oh and for MrAquino, if you get this, I strangely can't be able to respond to PM's from you or message your profile. Is that normal?
-Frost

PreviousChapters Next