• Published 2nd Apr 2016
  • 534 Views, 36 Comments

Bedtime Stories For The Mare In The Moon - Needling Haystacks



Analysis And Science Of Traditional And Original Stories, including the Tale of the Mare in the Moon

  • ...
1
 36
 534

Epilogue and Afterword

Thank you for reading this far. We have gone on quite a journey, from ancient legends of Equestria to original stories to an analysis of recent events. If dramatic events continue to happen at the pace they have been, further work may be merited. But as some of the 2nd edition chapters have already strayed somewhat from the original purpose of this book, I believe I will write a new book rather than a third edition.

In addition to those thanked in the original acknowledgements, I would like to thank Ms. Luna for granting an interview that was invaluable for these more recent chapters. I would also like to thank Ms. Twilight Sparkle for her less direct help. While I have not spoken to her directly as of yet, her detailed reports on the events reported in chapters 8 and 9 have been invaluable. There are copies of the reports I used, as well as others, available to the public through the Canterlot Archives, but I believe only one or perhaps by now two have been published and thus disseminated. Interested readers are encouraged to contact the Archives with inquiries.

Lastly, if my writings have stimulated your curiosity for math, history, folklore, or whatever, I urge you to follow that curiosity where it leads! Your local library is an excellent source of information, and can always use your support!

Best Wishes,

Professor Needling Haystacks

Author's Note:

Ok, wound up shorter on the epilogue than I expected. :P Please note that in real life, non-college libraries are sort of dying, thanks to the internet. :( Still, they sometimes have interesting stuff.

Comments ( 2 )

7748482 Ah. Man now I gotta go back and re-watch the episode. Doesn't change anything in this story but could affect what I include in another one.

Coming back to this some years later, and I'm still quite impressed by it. I also fully intend to follow through on referencing it in one of my stories, especially now that I've got the creative spark back.

Know you're not as active anymore but still kicking about

Login or register to comment