• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 405 Views, 2 Comments

Chevalier - TheFlyingHippogriff



Wilhelmina, Countess of Faucon, is a hippogriff from the Westland. A member of the King's Swords, she has been appointed by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to be Ponyville's first constable. So what happens when an elite lady knight becomes a pol

  • ...
2
 2
 405

Ask Wilhelmina (Bonus Chapter)

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

'Chevalier'

Chapter 11: Ask Wilhelmina (Bonus Chapter)

Bonjour, je m'appelle Wilhelmina. Opps, pardon, I forgot that not everybirdy speaks Prench. Well, I shall continue this interview in ponytalk. My name is Wilhelmina, and I know some ponies out there have questions about Hippogriffs. I am here to answer them. So please, ask anyway. No question you may have for me will be a foolish one.

Princess Twilight Sparkle asks: "Where did hippogriffs come from?"

"Well, Your Majesty it is a long story, but we have just the right amount of time for it. The history of the hippogrff is one of migration, minor conflicts, a great war against an invading Crystal Empire, treaties, and speciesism between Griffons and Hippogriffs. It began over one thousand years ago at a time when Princess Celestia's mane was pink.

The first Hippogriffs migrated from Prance as the offspring between stallions and female griffons seeking new places to settle outside the kingdom. Searching for a place to settle down and form a free state in Equestria, thus The Westland Kingdom was formed. The region bordered Griffonstone to the Southwest, and Equestria to the Southeast.

Under the rule of their first King, King Henri the Headstrong, the population of the Westland began to grow and prosper under a trade agreement with Equestria back when Princess Celestia began her rule. The Westland traded such items as fine herbs and spices, tanned leather skins and furs. Where there is harmony, there is resistance to it.

Such a peace did not sit well with King Guto, the last king of the Griffon Kingdom, and he sent an army of 25,000 to invade the Westland to claim it as a territory and thus began the first Griffon War. The King's Swords and Westland infantry proved decisive in victories at Trottingham Fields, and King's Run. Both victories sent them in retreat.

Griffons were particularly prejudice toward Hippogriffs calling us such hurtful slurs as Half-Breed, Pega-Bird, and Ponybird. That changed many years later when the Crystal Empire, under King Sombra, decided to invade the Westland to claim the riches of the Northwest Kingdom for himself. Many villages fell, but there are some who resisted.

Under King William the Noblewing, the Griffons and Hippogriffs put aside their differences and for the first time they fought as one alliance, 75,000 strong against an invading Crystal Empire army of 250,000. The battle that followed is remembered in the History of Equestria as 'Bloody Oakwood'. Our king is regarded in high esteem for his bravery.

The battle took place two and half miles away from what is now Ponyville. This was the largest battle in the history of Equestria. Out of the 75,000 that fought, nearly 50,000 were killed or wounded while the Crystal Empire forces suffered 230,000 casualties, one of whom was my mother whose very armor I wear today in remembrance of her.

Today, Oakwood is said to be the most haunted place in Equestria. The battlefield as been nicknamed 'The Field of the Dead', 'The Field of Screams', 'The Plains of the Widowed'. As Princess Luna recalled, you can still hear the sounds of the dead from where they fell. With a sword, we forged a kingdom, and with a sword we will defend it,"

Rainbow Dash asks: "What can hippogriffs do that ponies can't, and are you-?"

"No Rainbow Dash, I am not a spy, but to answer your other question, I do not want to blow the hunting horn if there are no wild boar to hunt, but hippogriffs have the ability to travel to the moon and back without any need for any magic spells or equipment, I wonder if I gave Princess Celestia an idea to start the Equestria Space Program?"

Applejack asks: "What talents do you have...other than...you know? Being a knight?"

"I am glad you asked, back in the Westland my nickname is the Wilhelmina the Windsong because of my talents with a fiddle," I explained, "I also am quite the blacksmith and woodcarver if I do say myself, I never venture into the forest without my trusty Trento felling axe, if you would like I can teach you some things, next question, please?"

Pinkie Pie asks: "What kinda sweets do you have in the Westland?"

"Oh, the Westland has a variety of confectionary items, I made these this morning," I said to Pinkie Pie, giving her a plate to share with everypony, "these are Beignets, the equivalent of what you might call a 'doughnut' in Ponyville, it is simply a fried ball of dough with powdered sugar generously dusted on top, and sometimes melted chocolate,"

Rarity asks: "I have heard hippogriffs are quite skilled armorers, how long does it take to make a suit of armor?"

"When you making armor like this, you have to have patience just like when you are making clothing," I explained to Rarity, "the armor I wear belonged to my mother, this suit of armor took over a year to make, be mindful now, a good suit of armor can cost you a whole herd of cattle if you are willing to trade, so save your bits, oui Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy asks: "Umm...Umm...What kind of pets do hippogriffs like?"

"We Hippogriffs love a variety of pets from dogs to cats, and even some more adventurous pets like snakes, gerbils, hamsters, and rats, the Eastern Indigo is very popular among the snake enthusiasts," I replied to her question. I really enjoyed being interviewed by my friends. I looked around to see any hooves, "yes, Vinyl Scratch?" I asked,

Vinyl Scratch (DJ Pon-3) asks: "What kind of music do you have in the Westland?"

"Music is a tradition in the Westland going back to the Great Migration over one thousand years ago, we hippogriffs derive influences from our ancestors which come from Prance and the Gritish Isles. Such instruments used in our traditional folk music include the fiddle, the tin whistle, drums, the acoustic guitar, the bagpipes, and the bodhrán,"

Octavia asks: "How would you describe hippogriff folk music?"

"Well, our music is made to get your talons snapping and your hooves stomping, it is meant to be fun and bring up your spirits when you have a bad day, our music is also very versatile as some bands mix our style of music with rock music, bluegrass, and other genres," I saw the smile on Octavia's muzzle. Maybe I can work with the ensemble.

Derpy Hooves asks: "Muffins?"

"Oui Derpy, we have many kinds of muffins and bake items in the Westland, cinnamon apple-crumb muffins and chocolate muffins are the most popular," I explained, "we also have Pain De Chocolat, one of my favorites when I was a hatchling, and our famous crème puffs cannot be passed up which come in chocolate crème and vanilla crème,"

Princess Celestia asks: "How would you describe a hippogriff in terms of redeeming qualities?"

"As it is said in the Encyclopedia Equestria, a hippogriff is the result of a filly or colt born between a stallion and a gryphon. We believe that we share redeeming qualities of both gryphons and ponies. We hippogriffs have the strength and speed of a gryphon, and the kindness and compassion of a pony, but hippogriff stallions can be pompous,"

Princess Luna asks: "My Dear Countess, is it true that hippogriffs eat meat?"

"Yes, we hippogriffs eat meat, but we never eat ponies. That is against the law," I replied to Princess Luna, "hippogriffs eat a balanced diet with vegetables that we harvest during the year like potatoes, peas, and corn, but in terms of meat we eat the basic three: beef, pork, and chicken. Smoked sausages are a popular food during the winter,"

Gilda asks: "I'm planning a vacation with Greta, can you recommend any places or sights to see in the Westland?"

"Of course Gilda, there are many places in the Westland I can recommend," I replied to the most recent friend I have made, "I highly recommend the Sapphire Lakes and the Celestia's Mane waterfall, a lot of nobles such as myself build vacation houses on the pristine lakeside and there is a cozy mountain lodge resort there for visitors to the area,"

I looked around to see if there were any more hooves or talons being raised, and it was then that I decided to come to my conclusion, "So...there are no more questions? Alright then, I would like to thank everypony and everybirdy for coming out today, it means a lot that we are able to conduct this interview, merci beaucoup and good night,"

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment