• Published 17th Mar 2016
  • 405 Views, 2 Comments

Chevalier - TheFlyingHippogriff



Wilhelmina, Countess of Faucon, is a hippogriff from the Westland. A member of the King's Swords, she has been appointed by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to be Ponyville's first constable. So what happens when an elite lady knight becomes a pol

  • ...
2
 2
 405

Spirit of the Warrior

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

Chevalier

Chapter 4- Spirit of the Warrior

We King's Swords, as said by Princess Celestia, are some of the finest knights in all Equestria. We are also some of the fastest. It is our duty to be the first hooves and talons on the battlefield, and the last to leave them. Our training is strict having to learn how to fly at full speed in full armor, and with all our weapons. There is a method behind the training. When you fly as fast as you can with that weight you build strength, stamina, and confidence. If you want to be a warrior, that is exactly what you need.

I owe Rainbow Dash a race, and I dare not turn her down. Some of the ponyfolk gathered to watch in Cloudsdale. I was out of my armor for the race. In armor, I can fly as fast as Rainbow Dash's high cruising speed. We lined up at the starting line. Rainbow Dash looked at me with a confident smile, "Prepare to be amazed, Countess," she boasted. I just kept my focus on the route we were taking. The pistol went off, and the race began. I heard the cheering crowd. Everypony was cheering for Rainbow Dash.

I know I am what you ponies call the 'underdog' in this race. Rainbow Dash's speed is very impressive. Rainbow Dash looked shocked that I can keep up with her. I have a secret that helps me keep up with her, and no it is not steroids. I am half-griffon, half-pony and all warrior. I had an idea as I turned to face her while going supersonic alongside her. It was then that I made another friend, "Alright Countess, you've got my props, let's give 'em a show!" suggested Rainbow Dash with confidence in her voice,

"Yes, let us do that," I agreed, and give crowds a show of our skills from the aerial corkscrew into the Immelmann turn. I turned to Rainbow Dash and she looked at me. We smiled to each other and nodded a single nod. We were going so fast that we parted the Equestrian Sea. It was then that I had an idea, "Dash, corkscrew spin and up into a stall turn!" I suggested, she nodded, and a ribbon of rainbow shot up into the heavens. We picked up speed on the descent down into the Sonic Rainboom technique.

I have my own technique when going my top speed, 'The Golden Flash'. We executed our techniques at the same time, what a sight it was to behold. We made it to the finish line at the same time. Neither of us was ahead of another. The proof was in the photo shot by Pinkie Pie, "Here I thought I was the fastest in all Equestria, and I was trying to blow your feathers off," Rainbow Dash said at the finish line, "I first thought you Hippogriffs were all the same, all pomp and bluster, but you're cool, Countess, real cool,"

"You're not so bad yourself, Rainbow Dash," I said, calmly but happily as I usually do,

"Tell me something, how did you do that?" Rainbow Dash asked,

"Are you talking about the 'Golden Flash'?" I replied, wondering if she was questioning my technique. I smiled, and reminisced on my hatchlinghood in the Westland, "there is something you must know, Rainbow Dash, when you claim to be the best, there will be others trying to take your title from you," I explained to her while flying down with her friends back down to Ponyville, "I am telling you this as a friend," I said with a wink. Rainbow Dash also strikes me as being very inquisitive as well as being very loyal.

"So who are the King's Swords? I've never heard of them," asked Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle had the answer,

"The Western King's Swords are some of the best knights in all of Equestria, better than even Princess Celestia's Royal Guard, we should be grateful that they are loyal to Princess Celestia," Twilight Sparkle explained, I nodded to her to tell that she is correct. We knights have served the Royal Family for generations. When a knight falls in battle, their weapons and armor are passed down to the next of kin. The steel armor I wear belonged to my mother and teacher, First Countess Anne-Marie of Faucon.

The Westland has had a troubled history with griffons. We hippogriffs never get along with griffons. Many wars have been fought since hippogriffs migrated from Prance hundreds of years ago. The pinnacle of the rivalry came when the Hippogriff King of the Westland, William the Noblewing, sighed a trade agreement and agreement of friendship between the Westland and Equestria. This did not sit well with the griffons. The griffons have never been able to conquer our lands thanks to our brave knights.

I recall Fluttershy mentioning a griffon by the name of Gilda. I have known her since I went to school in Cloudsdale. She bullied me too, calling me a half-breed and a freak. I've grown up since then, and left the past behind me. Here I am in my life, I am a countess and I serve as the police-mare in Ponyville. What more can I say? I love where I am now in my life. I decided to visit Twilight Sparkle after another evening patrol around the village, "Did you find anything out since yesterday?" I asked Twilight Sparkle.

"Umm...no, I haven't, the riddle is still grinding my gears, you know?" replied Twilight Sparkle, I had a suspicion that she was hiding something

"You found something, did you not?" I asked a little more authoritatively. Twilight looked as if her heart skipped a beat. I guess that comes with being a police-mare, you need to be a little forceful when it comes to asking certain questions. I followed Twilight back to her study. I was greeted by a smiling Spike whom was hard at work helping organize the book shelves. With the door closed, I started my questioning police-mare style, "So now I am going to ask you again, what did you find out?" I asked Twilight,

"Alright...I didn't find anything on the missing piece of the page, but like I said earlier this could be the greatest magical discovery of all time, 'The Last' as mentioned in the riddle is referring to the Seventh Element of Harmony," Twilight Sparkle explained, my eyes widened at the thought. It is common knowledge that there are six elements in the Elements of Harmony, "I know how you feel, everypony knows there are six Elements of Harmony," Twilight Sparkle stated, "we're going to have to dig much deeper,"

"But a seventh element? It can't be, that is impossible," I replied, still not completely convinced.

"This is Equestria, most impossible things around here turn out to be true," said Twilight Sparkle, "and if it wasn't, nopony would have gone through all the trouble in the past to keep such a big secret hidden, we only have one piece of the riddle Countess, we have to keep working and work quickly, you never whose ears maybe listening in on us," Twilight Sparkle warned me, "we need to find the missing piece of that page, if we find that missing piece, then everything in the riddle should come together," she pondered.

"You maybe on to something, I will look into this on my time, until then I bid you good night," I said as I left Twilight Sparkle's study. I went to the balcony of my house, and looked up at the moon, 'Twilight Sparkle is right, if somepony took all the time to keep that secret hidden away, that means that it must be true, but I found something on that page, the piece that is missing was not completely torn out, there was a bit of ink near where missing piece would be, that might be another clue to the missing element'