• Published 30th Mar 2016
  • 320 Views, 8 Comments

Blood Moon - DaydreamsOfAStranger



Redsea has changed. And with her, everything else.

  • ...
 8
 320

The Rewrite: Chapter 1- Awoken

Chapter 1- Awoken

Redsea gasped for air as she opened her eyes and took in her surrounding. She was in a room, well a cavern, whose walls were lined with shrouded ponies. At first this confused Redsea. She was unsure were she was, and the creepy black cloaked ponies were offering no answers. Then, upon noticing a pony under one cloak with pink fur and a flat grey mane, the memories of her frightful night flew back. That terrifying unicorn mare whose teeth were far to sharp to be a pony's, all the blood she had lost, and the excruciating pain that came from a broken leg and a terrible gash on her back. It felt so real in that moment it overwhelmed her. She got to her hooves quickly, wanting nothing more than to be away from here, snuggled up between her parents in bed.

A golden pegasus mare in a black cloak stepped forward, power and prestige clearly displayed in the way she held herself. Her hood fell to her shoulders with a flip of her head, revealing pale pink eyes and a freckled face. She looked down at Redsea, she expression cold. Redsea backed away from her, stumbling. The pegasus spoke with a cadence, addressing everypony in the room.

"Now that the filly is awake, Silk Veil, tell me: why she is here?"

The pink unicorn mare, Silk Veil, bowed as she trot forward a step. Redsea flinched back. "Mistress Lily Gold. I am humbled in your presence," she prefaced, then continued, "While I wish the filly was here of her own accord, it was my lack of foresight that brought this filly here."

There was moment of silence where all eyes left Redsea and found Silk Veil and watched her keenly. Mistress Lily Gold, as Silk Veil had called her, motioned for the mare to continue.

"As I had told you previously, Mistress Lily Gold, after drinking my fill of her blood, her cutie mark appeared. I simply could not leave her, a new, while unintentionally made, vampony alone. Especially being a half-breed. It could have spelled disaster for our clan–"

"Silk Veil, by changing this filly without permission from her and her parents you have already spelt disaster for our clan! It was difficult enough to convince mother Bloodlust we were not the cause of the recent pony deaths in the nearby town. Now, because of your foalishness, she will have no reason to doubt it was our doing!" Mistress Lily Gold raged, pounding her hooves into the stone ground to emphasize her anger. Then she looked at Redsea, pointed a hoof as something on her that she couldn't see, "And worse yet, you've created a half-breed. You all should recall Garlic Skin, the colt who nearly killed an entire clan by growing garlic?"

The ponies nodded gravely.

"Then you all should realize that Half-breeds are threat to all vamponies! They must all die. Silk Veil, because you were the one change it, you will be the one to dispose of it."

Silk Veil was at a loss for words, and Redsea, who had been listening intently, shuttered in fear. Silently, all the had ponies gasped and began to talk intensely to each other in whispers. A stomp of a hoof brought them back in, but it wasn't from Mistress Lily Gold.

"You're most certainly correct, Lily Gold. The filly is enough proof of this clan's treachery against me and my laws!"

A collective gasp came from everypony in the room. A unicorn mare came forward from the crowd into the center, threw off her hood, and reveled a white mare with a long silky red mane, and murderous ruddy brown eyes. Everypony mouthed the word "Bloodlust" and backed away from her, bowing deeply.

Bloodlust approached Redsea with a motherly smile, but Redsea would not be fooled by another sharp toothed smile again. She backed away from Bloodlust's extended hoof, but she backed into the hooves of the ponies behind her before long. Bloodlust returned her attention to Lily Gold.

"Lily Gold–"

"Mother Bloodlust, I beg of you! Have mercy on our clan. It was Silk Veil who changed the filly and broke your laws, not I! Please–"

"What gave you the idea you could interrupt me?" The room was silent, like a tomb. All eyes were completely on Bloodlust, and her dangerously calm expression. Lily Gold was so still, she was almost lifeless, but her pinned ears and wide eyes told Redsea that Lily Gold was more afraid of Bloodlust than she was.

"Lily Gold. You would have me believe you did not just tell everypony in there that half-breeds are the threat, and because of that, they should be killed? You fear what you do not understand. I was a foal to allow you to become the leader of this clan, knowing full well about your prejudices against ponykind and half-breeds!" Bloodlust growled, stomping her hoof into the ground.

"Furthermore, Fallen Star will be replacing you as leader. And the filly, Redsea, I presume?" Bloodlust looked over to Redsea, who could only stare at her. Once Bloodlust's words finally sunk in she nodded her head violently in affirmation. Bloodlust continued, "I will be taking Redsea under my wing."

"What? But I've never led a clan before!"

"She's taking an apprentice?"

"I wonder what Silent Night will say?"

The concerned voices of the other vamponies piped up, each concerned for Bloodlust, and concerned about her decree. Redsea couldn't help but feel even more concerned than they did. What was happening? And why was it happening to her? This was kind of thing that only happened in storybooks, yet it was happening to her. Right here. Right now. Everything finally caught up to her, and her feeble foal mind could not longer process it all. She fainted for the second time that night.

Bloodlust noticed Redsea collapse, and silenced the vamponies' conversations. This would be the last time Redsea would ever dream, an important part of becoming a vampony, so she couldn't be disturbed. She lifted Redsea carefully onto her back, and they left the cavern and the whispering vamponies, far behind them.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment