• Published 21st Feb 2016
  • 873 Views, 8 Comments

Have you met my Daughter? - RainbowShyBrony



After breaking an amnesiatic spell and waking up from a coma, Picture Perfect is determined to find his long forgotten daughter and find a way to change his life to be with her.

  • ...
0
 8
 873

Chapter 1: First Birthday

Rainbow Dash was stunned to say the least. “You… You know my name? How do you know my name? I thought we-“

“We did. And it worked! At least, until Scootaloo broke the spell.” Picture watched as his ex-marefriend’s mental gears put everything together. It, unlike her, wasn’t very fast.

“You know Scootaloo…?! Wait. The spell was broken?! How are you…? But he said…? He said that if you’d- you’d…” A single tear rolled down her cheek. “He said you’d die.”

“Yeah. He also said that his marefriend was banished to a place with furless, bi-pedal creatures instead of ponies. He was a crazy pony!”

Rainbow laughed nervously at that. “Heheh. Yeah. Crazy…”

“Anyways, where’s Scootaloo? I heard that it’s her birthday t’day.”

“Uh. Excuse me!” The sound of Joy’s voice sounded from behind the stallion. Perfect snapped to the realization of his mistake. He had forgotten his companion.

“Oh! Sorry, MJ. Dashie, this is Musical Joy, the best actress this side of Manehattan. And MJ, this is Rainbow Dash, fastest pony in all of Equestria.” Picture had gotten out of the way so they could see each other.

Actress stared at speedster as the speedster wiped the trail left behind by the tear.

“Sup!” Rainbow said as she took a demeanor more befitting of a speedster.

“Hello.” Joy replied in a lame, formal way.

“Why don’t you two come inside?” The rainbow-maned pegasus stepped out of the way as she offered them entry.

The unicorn mare and the pegasus stallion both entered and saw the birthday party in full swing.

After a few seconds, Picture noticed Pastel walking towards him with a blanket that covered something on her back. When she was right in front of him, she levitated both the blanket ant the thing it covered and set it down in front of Picture. She then refocused her magic on just the blanket before she looked at Picture and asked, “Ready?”

Before the stallion could reply, a voice came from underneath the blanket that excitedly answered, “Ready!”

With a small flourish of magic, Pastel removed the blanket and reviled that Scootaloo was underneath it.

“Scootaloo,” Pastel said, a large smile on her face. “This is Picture Perfect. He’s your father.”

Picture smiled at Scootaloo nervously. “Hey there, Scootaloo. Happy birthday!”

Scootaloo just stood there as she stared at him dumbfounded. “H-How?”

Perfect knelt down until he was level with his daughter. “It was your name.”

Scootaloo was confused. “Wh-What? My name?”

The stallion nodded. “I picked out your name. When you and Princess Twilight left I remembered where I heard your name before. I was the one that picked it out for you all those years ago.”

“But… But what about the spell? Mom said if the spell was broken, something bad would happen.” Scootaloo’s voice was full of concern and confusion.

“Something did happen, but it wasn’t as bad as we thought it was gonna be.” Picture replied with a smile.

“Scootaloo?” His cobalt eyes stared into her magenta eyes. “Would you let me be your father?”

Scootaloo didn’t say anything after that. Not a single word came out of her mouth. Instead, what she did was…


(Alternate Ending)


… stand there. She looked down to hide her face. “I don’t want a father.”

“Wh-What?”

“I don’t want a father! I want a dad!” Scootaloo yelled at the stallion.

That caught Picture off-guard. “What do you mean? Aren’t they the same thing?”

“Well, actually…” A new voice spoke up.

Picture turned his head and found that the voice came from none other than, “Princess Twilight!”

“Please, just ‘Twilight’ is fine.” The Princess essentially asked. “As I was saying, a father and a dad are actually different in their own right. A father is just a biological parent of a child while a dad is a parental figure that cares for and raises the child.”

“Oh. Well, guess I gotta change what I said, huh?”

“Yup!” Snarked the birthday girl.

“Scootaloo!” Her mother was quick to fix that.

“Oh! Uh… Yes please.” Fixed the birthday girl.

Picture smiled. “Scootaloo… Would you let me be your daddy?”

Scootaloo smiled and wrapped her hooves around his neck. “Yes!”

Picture instinctually wrapped his hooves around his daughter and pulled her into a tighter hug.

“Hey dad,” Picture’s smile grew lager. “You wanna go meet my friends?”

“I’d love to.”


“So Musical, how did you meet Perfect?” Rainbow Dash was in a conversation with Musical Joy who felt a little out of place at the child’s birthday party. She looked for any reason to distract her mind of that and Rainbow Dash offered a solution.

“Well, we met during one of my solo rehearsal sessions. I was in the middle of practicing one of the songs when he comes bursting through the door and ran as fast as he could towards me. Then seemingly out of nowhere these two brutes came in after him and started casting harmful spells at us. Had it not been for Picture pushing me out of the way I wouldn’t be standing here.”

“I guess you’re pretty thankful for him then, huh?” The rainbow-maned mother asked.

“Are you mad?! He ruined my rehearsal and the damage done to the theater delayed the entire performance! Don’t even get me started on the running!”

Rainbow smirked. “You like him don’t you?”

Joy’s eyes widened as a blush covered her entire face. “Wh-What?! You think I actually like that colt of a stallion?! You must be mistaken. He drives me crazy! I’d prefer it if him and his strong, soft wings stayed away from me.”

“So you like his wings, huh?”

That was the moment the barrier known as “Musical Joy’s Facade” shattered. “N-No! I-I-I was… I mean I just… I don’t-“ Joy had never blushed so hard in her life. Her face was so red she made tomatoes jealous.

“Relax Joy. I’m only messin’ with ya.” The cyan pegasus did little to help the musical mare.

Rainbow had to think fast. “Hey! What if I brought someone who can help you?”

Musical Joy was frozen with embarrassment.

“Just wait here. I’ll be right back.”

The previously tan mare did not move.


Picture Perfect had enjoyed meeting his daughter’s friends. They were very sweet. And when his daughter wanted to talk to her friends, he respected that and went on to mingle with the ponies more his age. Specifically a mare named Rarity who had found out who he was thanks to the small commotion that took place when he arrived.

They both shared gossip with each other. Most of it was about a certain pegasus that they mutually knew. “…She finished in 10 seconds flat. I mean, I knew she was fast but seriously! I didn’t even get to show off anything that I could do! She just did it and it was done!” Picture gossiped in a slightly annoyed tone.

“Rea~lly?” Rarity asked in an intrigued tone. “Well, I’m going to have to remember that one for when I need her to model for me again.”

“Again?”

“Yes. There was a couple of occasions where I was able to get Rainbow Dash to model a dress or two but it was never for very long.” Mingled the marshmallow mare.

“Interesting.”

“Rarity!” The voice of Rainbow Dash made itself known as the mare forcefully moved her friend. “Rarity, I need your help! It’s an emergency that I caused!”

Rarity was confused. “What do you mean? What did you-? Stop pushing me!”

“Uh. It was nice talking to you, Rarity!” Picture had seen that happen a few times before and he knew that it was for the best to stay out of it. If only he brought his camera to the party.


“Darling, what did you do to her?” Asked Rarity as she looked over the frozen, still blushing Musical Joy.

“I don’t know! I just pointed out that I knew she likes Perfect and she froze and turned red!” Said rainbow as she hovered next to Rarity.

Rarity paused at that. “Rainbow Dash, what was she saying before she froze?”

“Hmm. Well…” Rainbow then told her friend everything she remembered about their conversation.

“Oh.” Rarity looked very sympathetic. “Oh the poor dear… She didn’t know.”

“What didn’t she know?”

“She didn’t know how she felt, Rainbow.” Rarity explained. She thought of something for a moment. “Rainbow? Would you be a dear and me a cup of ice, please?”

“Uh, sure.” Rainbow Dash went off to complete Rarity’s request. She came back a few seconds later, a cup full of ice in her hoof. “Here ya go. What ‘cha what ice for?”

“You’ll see.” Rarity grabbed the cup with her magic and pulled out a single ice cube. “I’m very sorry about this, darling.” She placed the ice cube on the back of Joy’s neck and quickly ran it down her back.

“Ahh!” The effect happened immediately, jolting Joy out of her frozen state. “C-Cold! So cold!”

“So sorry about that dear. I was only trying to get you moving again.” Rarity cleared her throat. “Now, according to my friend here,” Rarity gestured toward Rainbow Dash. “it seems as though you could use some advice.”

“Advice? I’m sorry but I don’t even know just who you are.”

“Oh! How rude of me. I haven’t introduced myself. Hello, my name is Rarity. And you are Musical Joy, correct?”

Joy paused. “Rarity? As in the fashionista?”

“Oh! You’ve heard of me?”

“I. L~Love your fashion! I go to your boutique in Canterlot at least once a month and I always find a dress that I just adore!” Joy spoke with excitement.

“Oh. Why, thank you.” Rarity smiled brightly. “Well, now that we are introduced would you like to come back to my boutique to talk and try on a dress or two?”

Joy nodded in reply and the two of them left the party.

Author's Note:

You know, it's the weirdest thing. I got a new job where I get a lot let free time and I'm coming out with more chapters then I ever have... probably. What have you all done to me?!!!

Anyways guy I'd like to thank you for taking the time to read this. I'm having a lot of fun writing Joy's character and the story in general but I'm probably going to have to delay the release of the next chapter. The reason being that I need to physically get advice to give to Joy because I've never actually had here problem before... or have been in a relationship. But besides that I will do my best to get the next chapter to you guys as fast as ASAP. Now it's time for me to have an awkward conversation with my parents........... This is gonna be great.

Anyways guys I hope you had fun with this chapter and have an awesome day. Enjoy!

Edit (3/9/2016): The alternate ending link is now enabled.

Comments ( 2 )

And threeway marriage.

6984043 for my own reasons, KILL IT WITH FIRE!:trollestia:

Login or register to comment